Get rid of the "matchmaking algorithm" already

Craydingus

At best, all it does is slow down queue times. Utterly infuriating to be waiting 5-10 minutes for an unranked pop, when I know there are more then enough other players in queue to create a match. Just make it totally random, first come first served. Besides, it's UNRANKED. You know, casual mode? Factors like "Secret Elo" and "Skill-based matchmaking" shouldn't even be part of the equation. Make it random, if for no other reason, so players can get into matches quicker.

At best, all it does is slow down queue times. Utterly infuriating to be waiting 5-10 minutes for an unranked pop, when I know there are more then enough other players in queue to create a match. Just make it totally random, first come first served. Besides, it's UNRANKED. You know, casual mode? Factors like "Secret Elo" and "Skill-based matchmaking" shouldn't even be part of the equation. Make it random, if for no other reason, so players can get into matches quicker.

This is the exact opposite of what the PVP community needs.

• 3 weeks later...

Quite funny you think there even is a 'matchmaking algorithm'.

I guarantee you there is not.

If there was one, you would only get arena fights in casual pvp.

There is no matching taking place at all.

I experienced an arena game where the enemy team had 330. All of them. In my group there was one 327, one 324, one 321, and one 236!

Believe me, there is absolutely no matchmaking algorithm at work at all. If there was, this constellation could have never happened.

If there was one, you would only get arena fights in casual pvp.

There is no matching taking place at all.

I experienced an arena game where the enemy team had 330. All of them. In my group there was one 327, one 324, one 321, and one 236!

Believe me, there is absolutely no matchmaking algorithm at work at all. If there was, this constellation could have never happened.

You seem to have limited game knowledge for someone whose claimed to have played the game since launch.

There is. And it works well enough for the environment. I tend to have challenging games nearly every match. They pair off comparable premades, support roles, and they have some form of system that balances winning % among each player/group within the respective teams so that the net winning %'s are somewhat equal - imo.