These latest Collections Prices...

Reno_Tarshil

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They seem a bit much.

The New Class sets: Silver Quality, 480 CC where as last pack series we were paying 90 CC

Lore Sets: 600 CC, when usually lore sets go for 360 CC a set with a few exceptions.

Pink-Magenta Endurance Crystal: 240 CC when they were 90 CC before

Now while I am willing to pay these prices, I don't think they are fair prices compared to what we've gotten to used to.

Just my thoughts.

I'm going to guess... (and yes, it's a guess) that this is somehow tied in to the inequality of drop rates as well in the new pack.

What do I mean? Well... I think... possibly... they set the wrong rarity tag and drop rates on some pieces in the sets (see my thread up in the bug-report forum) and that the CC prices are somehow driven off of rarity/drop rates.

I suggest someone launch a thread requesting clarification up in Bug Report Forum for this issue.

I'm going to guess... (and yes, it's a guess) that this is somehow tied in to the inequality of drop rates as well in the new pack.

What do I mean? Well... I think... possibly... they set the wrong rarity tag and drop rates on some pieces in the sets (see my thread up in the bug-report forum) and that the CC prices are somehow driven off of rarity/drop rates.

I suggest someone launch a thread requesting clarification up in Bug Report Forum for this issue.

To the bug report forums!

Yeah...

On my server, as I type this, there are 10 pages of Ajunta Pall gear... 1 chest piece. 12 pages of Xoxaan gear.... 1 chest. There are several Mandalore/Tulak Hord chest/helms, but they are all well above 2m. Very frustrating to take so much more money to acquire these sets and then have to pay an increased CC price to unlock them.

If this change is intentional I'd really like to know. Especially before I spend money on the Vertica Nightlife packs.

So...

It makes more sense to you that this is possibly a bug and not something they've done purposely, deliberately, in order to test the waters? To see if people accept the new price?

I could be wrong but I believe everyone would just like to understand the rationale behind it. Other than you, no one even acknowledged the thought that this could be a bug.

Then again, I'm not even sure why I express any bewilderment.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

So...

It makes more sense to you that this is possibly a bug and not something they've done purposely, deliberately, in order to test the waters? To see if people accept the new price?

I could be wrong but I believe everyone would just like to understand the rationale behind it. Other than you, no one even acknowledged the thought that this could be a bug.

Then again, I'm not even sure why I express any bewilderment.

If it's a bug it would make sense seeing how The GTN is flooded Lower Armor Boxes all over the place for 1000 Credits or less.

If it's intentional, would be nice to find out their reasoning for it.

I agree on the standard payment thing.

There should be a norm that the players (customers) are used to and if that norm is changed it should be announced beforehand and preferably with an explanation.

They do not announce the increases as they hope we do not notice.

If it's a bug it would make sense seeing how The GTN is flooded Lower Armor Boxes all over the place for 1000 Credits or less.

If it's intentional, would be nice to find out their reasoning for it.

Again, I honestly doubt it's a bug.

Concerning the drop ratio, my experience with Cartel Packs is fairly limited but aren't some armor boxes ALWAYS rarer than others?

They do not announce the increases as they hope we do not notice.

It's impossible not to. Really.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Again, I honestly doubt it's a bug.

Concerning the drop ratio, my experience with Cartel Packs is fairly limited but aren't some armor boxes ALWAYS rarer than others?

All Previous armor boxes had roughly the same drop rate, based on my experiences. It wasn't until this latest pack that I noticed the Lower Armor boxes had a vastly higher percentage to drop over the other two. Because of this I believe it might be a bug but it may very well be an intended change even it's not a smart change.

It's impossible not to. Really.

I see everything. :cool:

Answers in Red like my Rage.

Drop rates for the three boxes within a set however has traditionally been ~ the same for a given set UNTIL NOW.

See my thread in the Bug Report Forum for specifics siting the differences and requesting clarification if this is intended or not. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=746855

Drop rates for the three boxes within a set however has traditionally been ~ the same for a given set UNTIL NOW.

See my thread in the Bug Report Forum for specifics siting the differences and requesting clarification if this is intended or not. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=746855

Regardless, that's not what worries me.

What worries me is the rationale for their decision, concerning the dramatic increase in CC to unlock some new stuff on your collections.

So...

It makes more sense to you that this is possibly a bug and not something they've done purposely, deliberately, in order to test the waters? To see if people accept the new price? IF we were not seeing inequity in armor box drops within a set... I would not draw a conclusion that this too might be a bug. But I can totally understand how they may have some script in the background that calculates unlock prices based on the actual drop rates (in % chance) of items that are added to collections.

It looks like a bug, due to the inequity of how the lower, upper, and supplemental boxes drop in this pack for a particular set. And it is affecting multiple sets.

It represents inconsistency.... which YES could be a bug. Or it could be working as intended. But if it is working as intended... it's going to create a lot of sourness and loss of business from players on pack purchases. Which is why I think it might be a bug.

But you know what.... I shared my guestimate... and I have also posted in the bug report forum on the inequity of armor box drops for a given set of armor and requesting they clarify if = bug or = working as intended.

Edited by Andryah

Regardless, that's not what worries me.

What worries me is the rationale for their decision, concerning the dramatic increase in CC to unlock some new stuff on your collections.

It does seem irrational, I'm hoping if we make enough noise we can warrant a response on the matter

It looks like a bug, due to the inequity of how the lower, upper, and supplemental boxes drop in this pack for a particular set. And it is affecting multiple sets.

It represents inconsistency.... which YES could be a bug. Or it could be working as intended. But if it is working as intended... it's going to create a lot of sourness and loss of business from players on pack purchases. Which is why I think it might be a bug.

But you know what.... I shared my guestimate... and I have also posted in the bug report forum on the inequity of armor box drops for a given set of armor and requesting they clarify if = bug or = working as intended.

Again, I believe you need to recheck this thread from its earliest beginnings.

What was being discussed was not so much the drop ratio for whatever armor part but rather the dramatic increase in CC, as far as unlocking stuff in your Collections was concerned.

* See below *

They seem a bit much.

The New Class sets: Silver Quality, 480 CC where as last pack series we were paying 90 CC

Lore Sets: 600 CC, when usually lore sets go for 360 CC a set with a few exceptions.

Pink-Magenta Endurance Crystal: 240 CC when they were 90 CC before

Now while I am willing to pay these prices, I don't think they are fair prices compared to what we've gotten to used to.

Just my thoughts.

Sounds a bit like a thread hijack to me, not to mention deviating from the topic at hand. Your post doesn't even mention(!) at all that which drove the thread for most of the time.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It does seem irrational, I'm hoping if we make enough noise we can warrant a response on the matter

irrationality more often does = bug rather then working-as-intended. But until they clarify....we don't know for sure, but I advocate looking at all angles of the issue... not just assume it's deliberate on their part (they are known for injecting unintended bugs as we all know.. and they do have a track record of coming back and fixing said bugs and compensating players in some manner...remember when they blew it on the Med-Table regen item in packs and ended up giving them away for almost nothing in the Cartel Bazzar on fleet?

And yes.... we deserve a clarification comment. But the best way to get one is to report the issue in the bug report forum and politely ask for clarification on working as intended or bug.

Edited by Andryah

You're not serious, are you? The only way you can possibly have an effect is if you get enough people to not buy the stuff. Vendors do not lower prices simply because customers complain the prices are too high.

Again, I believe you need to recheck this thread from its earliest beginnings.

What was being discussed was not so much the drop ratio for whatever armor part but rather the dramatic increase in CC, as far as unlocking stuff in your Collections was concerned.

* See below *

Sounds a bit like a thread hijack to me, not to mention deviating from the topic at hand. Your post doesn't even mention(!) at all that which drove the thread for most of the time.

It's alright Darth, the Drop Ratio is also an issue I wanted to look into but my mind was more preoccupied with the pricing. If it turns out they go hand in hand then I don't mind if the topic discusses both issues.

It's alright Darth, the Drop Ratio is also an issue I wanted to look into but my mind was more preoccupied with the pricing. If it turns out they go hand in hand then I don't mind if the topic discusses both issues.

Exactly.

And my only point in my comments was to expand the discussion of the issue around reasonable observations. There is no hijacking at play here...... except for those wearing tin foil I guess. :)

If I may...

My issue is not so much that the drop ratio is addressed here but rather the fact that both topics are addressed here, while the CC increase in unlocking stuff is not addressed on the other one.

In other words, someone pushes their agenda on both topics, while disregarding that which it may not(?) have an issue with.

Just my two cents.