Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTFE Story and Companions

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AetherShanty
06.17.2015 , 01:22 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by usctrojans View Post
Ewww, Theron.
*cracks knuckles*
Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

CaptMurphy
06.17.2015 , 01:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post

[Charles had to take a few days off to relax, but heíll be back in time to answer more questions at our Community Cantina event at San Diego Comic Con next month! - Musco]
Wow, Musco. First you kill your clone in the new trailer, now this. What's next?

Anaesha
06.17.2015 , 01:23 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
Very good. Kill Quinn romance LS Jaesa and it will be glorious.
Oh don't even get my hopes up for a LS Jaesa Romance!!!

SebastiaanZ
06.17.2015 , 01:35 PM | #14
Hey folks!

Seeing all of the discussion around our Knights of the Fallen Empire announcement has been awesome! It means a lot to the writing team to see how much yíall care about the details of the story and characters of SWTOR, and all of the insightful questions and debates that flow from that. Iím here to hopefully shed a bit of light on a few of the most common questions Iíve seen.

Up front, I think the best answer I can give to any story question is that itís always best to wait and see how the story itself will answer it. I personally just hate giving out spoilers, so I wonít be doing that here. I promise, the main storyline of KOTFE is all about the things yíall have been asking, and October is going to be here very soon. In the meantime, though, letís see if we canít at least clarify a couple of things now:
  • The Outlander: your characterís past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices youíve made, romances youíve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something weíll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a ďcanonĒ version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter Ė thatís at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.
  • Companions: thereís a ton of stuff going on with companions in this release, and weíre not ready to dive into most of it just yet. What I can say is that past companions will return in the story, sometimes as very critical parts of the overall story shared by all Outlanders. Which classes can recruit which characters, who can be romanced, who can you kill and who might betray you? Youíll have to play and see Finally, Iíve seen a lot of people referencing the KOTFE pageís character list as a list of companions Ė not everyone on that list will become a companion, and not every companion in the story is included in that list.
  • Valkorion: who is this guy? What happened to that other Emperor? Arenít they both actually Jadus, whoís secretly Kephess, whoís actually a mutated clone of Kai Zykken created by Fez Burba for the Star Cabalís secret war against the Shroud? OK, so I actually havenít seen that theory, but ITíS ALL TRUE TELL EVERYONE BEFORE ITíS TOO LA----

[Charles had to take a few days off to relax, but heíll be back in time to answer more questions at our Community Cantina event at San Diego Comic Con next month! - Musco]
And how about Treek and HK? I assume since we've seen them added later on, we'll keep them no matter what?
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

ScarletBlaze
06.17.2015 , 01:36 PM | #15
Thank you for answering this questions as some people were concerned about their companions. this should help them feel more relieved.

Have a good week.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

azudelphi
06.17.2015 , 01:36 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Can you confirm or deny the last boss of KotFE will be Musco?
Arcann: The Dark Prince, who is basically Cyborg-Musco, is probably going to be a companion / member of your player's alliance.

+1 For Kephess reference
Former Member of Squadron 367 - . = God
Here is the info: Referal Info - Here is the link: Referal Link

Callaron
06.17.2015 , 01:36 PM | #17
Oh, no! He got Musco'd!

(Thanks Charles! Looking forward to hearing more!)
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

crubel
06.17.2015 , 01:38 PM | #18
Hey folks!

Seeing all of the discussion around our Knights of the Fallen Empire announcement has been awesome! It means a lot to the writing team to see how much yíall care about the details of the story and characters of SWTOR, and all of the insightful questions and debates that flow from that. Iím here to hopefully shed a bit of light on a few of the most common questions Iíve seen.

Up front, I think the best answer I can give to any story question is that itís always best to wait and see how the story itself will answer it. I personally just hate giving out spoilers, so I wonít be doing that here. I promise, the main storyline of KOTFE is all about the things yíall have been asking, and October is going to be here very soon. In the meantime, though, letís see if we canít at least clarify a couple of things now:
  • The Outlander: your characterís past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices youíve made, romances youíve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something weíll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a ďcanonĒ version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter Ė thatís at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.
  • Companions: thereís a ton of stuff going on with companions in this release, and weíre not ready to dive into most of it just yet. What I can say is that past companions will return in the story, sometimes as very critical parts of the overall story shared by all Outlanders. Which classes can recruit which characters, who can be romanced, who can you kill and who might betray you? Youíll have to play and see Finally, Iíve seen a lot of people referencing the KOTFE pageís character list as a list of companions Ė not everyone on that list will become a companion, and not every companion in the story is included in that list.
  • Valkorion: who is this guy? What happened to that other Emperor? Arenít they both actually Jadus, whoís secretly Kephess, whoís actually a mutated clone of Kai Zykken created by Fez Burba for the Star Cabalís secret war against the Shroud? OK, so I actually havenít seen that theory, but ITíS ALL TRUE TELL EVERYONE BEFORE ITíS TOO LA----

I have expected that a lot of yellow answers right now would be answers that would basically say "please wait a little longer, you will get the juicy details at the right time". That type of response is typically frustrating for a player to hear, and not satisfying. However, this yellow post was pretty funny, gave a tiny amount of info, and for whatever reason after reading it I'm OK with waiting a bit longer to get more details. It gave me that nice warm and fuzzy feeling of stuff to come. Good job guys.

DarthAeonis
06.17.2015 , 01:41 PM | #19
this i think gave even more info than ppl realise, it stated that different classes will have different options of which companions they can recruit thus promoting the replay value.
"Evil is an illusion, there is only victory."

Kyrrant
06.17.2015 , 01:41 PM | #20
First off, thanks for the new info, and I really am interested in seeing where this new story goes!

That said, in the RP community I'm a part of (and I figure this is mirrored with a lot of others who are really into the RP scene), there's this real worry about the time skip. One has been confirmed as part of an IGN interview with your producer, and time skips are a... difficult thing to weave into RP stories, especially if they're significant time jumps.

If its a few months of a time skip, then that's fairly easy to deal with. But if it gets into years, or even decades, then there's the question of what happened to our RP characters, because it'd be silly to have them ALL get frozen in carbonite or what have you.

The longer the time jump, the more has to be done. We'll need to wrap up our current plots, figure out where they'll be in the world of the new content and what they were up to in the interim years. There's great potential for it, no question, but just knowing how much of a time skip we're looking at would be enormously helpful when it comes to figuring out how we're going to handle it.

Thanks.
Begeren Colony RPer
Orell Legacy
(...yes, we do exist...)