Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
05.05.2021 , 11:01 AM | #10151
Wow! Nearly 2 months and no weird people.

The closest I've come in that time was another tank that started LOS'ing everything in Hammer Station, but they stopped after too much confusion reigned. 🙂

Just thought I'd bump the thread in case anyone had stories to tell. 😇
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
05.06.2021 , 09:44 PM | #10152
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Wow! Nearly 2 months and no weird people.

The closest I've come in that time was another tank that started LOS'ing everything in Hammer Station, but they stopped after too much confusion reigned. 🙂

Just thought I'd bump the thread in case anyone had stories to tell. 😇
Its time to bring my own tale then.

So today I was running Objective Meridian, everything went fine until the second boss. I was playing on my sniper, had a sith assassin tank, sorc healer and another sin DPS. Tank starts second boss without me in the room, we wipe and go back. Now the weird thing is he says that we're meant to kill the selonian jedi before her jedi master... even though its usually the opposite, I argue against it and he keeps complaining that we are "attacking the other boss" and thus rendering unable to hold aggro. Now I've tanked that fight many times, its not impossible to hold aggro on both of them especially as a Sith Assassin.

We fail on 2nd try because the group is not able to keep up with Jakir's AOEs, 3rd round we do the usual tactic after I explaint the other DPS we need to kill the master first. Tank gets mad and call us the r-slur because the other sin DPS started the fight, I tell him to shush and do his job instead of insulting his teammate and he starts getting salty. Trying to say that I main a Marauder as an insult, which is funny because I actually main his class and I don't have an issue keeping both bosses on me, a point that I bring up. After the 2nd boss I get vote kicked from the group due to "toxicity", tank was mad I was calling him out on his behavior and decided to kick me for being toxic. Ironic, to say the last though what was surprising is the fact I actually got kicked. Needless to say that guy is on my ignore list now, hopefully in the future he doesn't allow for his ego to be so easily bruised.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

RainEbon's Avatar


RainEbon
05.08.2021 , 07:36 AM | #10153
Let me start this post by saying that BioWare made a mistake by adding Kaon and Lost Island to Vet group finder. (now, you might say that this gives new players a chance to learn but oh boy is that wrong)

So, our story begins with Lost Island Vet run.

Me as a Jugg lvl75,

Assassin lvl75,

Sorcerer lvl60 and Marauder lvl63.

I started the run as I always do, by greeting everyone and in response only Sorcerer lvl60 said Hi back and wrote that she was new to the FP.

No problem as I expected that most people running Vet Lost Island were new, I wrote that the FP was easy and that I will explain all the strats/shortcuts etc. as we go through the FP.

But the run started with a wipe to trash.

Assassin lvl75 decided to aggro 5 trash mobs and then proceeded to rage in chat how we didn't wait for him even though he didn't write anything or that he didn't know the FP. ( I decided to check his achievements and he had completed all the usual Vet FPs expect Kaon/Island/Colicoid)

After that wipe I showed them how we can skip the trash and at the jump two of them died (just a fun little info, nothing bad).

The mini boss after the jump starts, Assassin lvl75 dies after standing in the bad (circle) and blames me for not telling him he shouldn't stand in it. (we didn't wipe)
FP continues as usual, they aggro every thrash mob and we're constantly at low health (In part because Marauder lvl63 and Assassin lvl75 don't heal outside of combat) but I somehow manage to pull us through with the help of a Sorcerer lvl60.

First boss was a pain with 1 wipe.
I ended pulling the boss to the corner for an easier battle and asked the Sorcerer lvl60 to stay near the kolto just in case after explaining to the rest of the team what to do. (kill adds take the circle away from us). The wipe happened because the Assassin lvl75 wouldn't move and kept the circles on top of us. (fun times lol)

They die few more times to trash after the first boss. (the charge mini boss)

We have finally reached the one and only mr.Wipe (Sav-Rak) and oh boy did everything go south from there.

I explained everything in detail but the Assassin lvl75 and Marauder lvl63 just would not stand under the boss no matter how nicely I asked them to.
After 7 wipes they ended up listening but a new problem arose, they wouldn't go to the burners after Sav jumped and we ended up wiping 2 more times.

After that wipe Assassin lvl75 was raging how they shouldn't listen to me and that they should just DPS the boss and the boss would die faster.

To paraphrase: 'Just keep attacking and don't listen to his ******** advice. The boss will die'

I wrote LOL to his comment and the kick was initiated. Reason for the kick 'He is telling us how to play the game' lol

Sorcerer lvl60 protested but at the end I was kicked from the FP. So all in all it was fun.

And with this story I came to a conclusion that I prefer ******e vet players that know what they are doing.
Because with them you are going to finish the FP and all you have to do is ignore the constant toxicity in chat while with newbies you will deal with people not listening, constant wipes, raging in chat and being called toxic after that.

Not to mention the whole community being called toxic and not welcoming to new players even though they were the ones being ******es.

I wish everyone a good day and I'm out

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
05.08.2021 , 08:08 AM | #10154
It's fun sometimes doing Sav-rak with my gunslinger. When he beats his chest I use hunker down and watch the rest of the group fly off the edges. 😅
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
05.09.2021 , 09:07 AM | #10155
Quote: Originally Posted by RainEbon View Post
Let me start this post by saying that BioWare made a mistake by adding Kaon and Lost Island to Vet group finder. (now, you might say that this gives new players a chance to learn but oh boy is that wrong)

So, our story begins with Lost Island Vet run.

Me as a Jugg lvl75,

Assassin lvl75,

Sorcerer lvl60 and Marauder lvl63.

I started the run as I always do, by greeting everyone and in response only Sorcerer lvl60 said Hi back and wrote that she was new to the FP.

No problem as I expected that most people running Vet Lost Island were new, I wrote that the FP was easy and that I will explain all the strats/shortcuts etc. as we go through the FP.

But the run started with a wipe to trash.

Assassin lvl75 decided to aggro 5 trash mobs and then proceeded to rage in chat how we didn't wait for him even though he didn't write anything or that he didn't know the FP. ( I decided to check his achievements and he had completed all the usual Vet FPs expect Kaon/Island/Colicoid)

After that wipe I showed them how we can skip the trash and at the jump two of them died (just a fun little info, nothing bad).

The mini boss after the jump starts, Assassin lvl75 dies after standing in the bad (circle) and blames me for not telling him he shouldn't stand in it. (we didn't wipe)
FP continues as usual, they aggro every thrash mob and we're constantly at low health (In part because Marauder lvl63 and Assassin lvl75 don't heal outside of combat) but I somehow manage to pull us through with the help of a Sorcerer lvl60.

First boss was a pain with 1 wipe.
I ended pulling the boss to the corner for an easier battle and asked the Sorcerer lvl60 to stay near the kolto just in case after explaining to the rest of the team what to do. (kill adds take the circle away from us). The wipe happened because the Assassin lvl75 wouldn't move and kept the circles on top of us. (fun times lol)

They die few more times to trash after the first boss. (the charge mini boss)

We have finally reached the one and only mr.Wipe (Sav-Rak) and oh boy did everything go south from there.

I explained everything in detail but the Assassin lvl75 and Marauder lvl63 just would not stand under the boss no matter how nicely I asked them to.
After 7 wipes they ended up listening but a new problem arose, they wouldn't go to the burners after Sav jumped and we ended up wiping 2 more times.

After that wipe Assassin lvl75 was raging how they shouldn't listen to me and that they should just DPS the boss and the boss would die faster.

To paraphrase: 'Just keep attacking and don't listen to his ******** advice. The boss will die'

I wrote LOL to his comment and the kick was initiated. Reason for the kick 'He is telling us how to play the game' lol

Sorcerer lvl60 protested but at the end I was kicked from the FP. So all in all it was fun.

And with this story I came to a conclusion that I prefer ******e vet players that know what they are doing.
Because with them you are going to finish the FP and all you have to do is ignore the constant toxicity in chat while with newbies you will deal with people not listening, constant wipes, raging in chat and being called toxic after that.

Not to mention the whole community being called toxic and not welcoming to new players even though they were the ones being ******es.

I wish everyone a good day and I'm out
Its stories like that, and the fact Veteran doesn't require the holy trinity anymore, the reason that I no longer do Veteran flashpoints.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

eabevella's Avatar


eabevella
05.10.2021 , 07:39 AM | #10156
Quote: Originally Posted by RainEbon View Post
Let me start this post by saying that BioWare made a mistake by adding Kaon and Lost Island to Vet group finder. (now, you might say that this gives new players a chance to learn but oh boy is that wrong)

So, our story begins with Lost Island Vet run.

Me as a Jugg lvl75,

Assassin lvl75,

Sorcerer lvl60 and Marauder lvl63.

I started the run as I always do, by greeting everyone and in response only Sorcerer lvl60 said Hi back and wrote that she was new to the FP.

No problem as I expected that most people running Vet Lost Island were new, I wrote that the FP was easy and that I will explain all the strats/shortcuts etc. as we go through the FP.

But the run started with a wipe to trash.

Assassin lvl75 decided to aggro 5 trash mobs and then proceeded to rage in chat how we didn't wait for him even though he didn't write anything or that he didn't know the FP. ( I decided to check his achievements and he had completed all the usual Vet FPs expect Kaon/Island/Colicoid)

After that wipe I showed them how we can skip the trash and at the jump two of them died (just a fun little info, nothing bad).

The mini boss after the jump starts, Assassin lvl75 dies after standing in the bad (circle) and blames me for not telling him he shouldn't stand in it. (we didn't wipe)
FP continues as usual, they aggro every thrash mob and we're constantly at low health (In part because Marauder lvl63 and Assassin lvl75 don't heal outside of combat) but I somehow manage to pull us through with the help of a Sorcerer lvl60.

First boss was a pain with 1 wipe.
I ended pulling the boss to the corner for an easier battle and asked the Sorcerer lvl60 to stay near the kolto just in case after explaining to the rest of the team what to do. (kill adds take the circle away from us). The wipe happened because the Assassin lvl75 wouldn't move and kept the circles on top of us. (fun times lol)

They die few more times to trash after the first boss. (the charge mini boss)

We have finally reached the one and only mr.Wipe (Sav-Rak) and oh boy did everything go south from there.

I explained everything in detail but the Assassin lvl75 and Marauder lvl63 just would not stand under the boss no matter how nicely I asked them to.
After 7 wipes they ended up listening but a new problem arose, they wouldn't go to the burners after Sav jumped and we ended up wiping 2 more times.

After that wipe Assassin lvl75 was raging how they shouldn't listen to me and that they should just DPS the boss and the boss would die faster.

To paraphrase: 'Just keep attacking and don't listen to his ******** advice. The boss will die'

I wrote LOL to his comment and the kick was initiated. Reason for the kick 'He is telling us how to play the game' lol

Sorcerer lvl60 protested but at the end I was kicked from the FP. So all in all it was fun.

And with this story I came to a conclusion that I prefer ******e vet players that know what they are doing.
Because with them you are going to finish the FP and all you have to do is ignore the constant toxicity in chat while with newbies you will deal with people not listening, constant wipes, raging in chat and being called toxic after that.

Not to mention the whole community being called toxic and not welcoming to new players even though they were the ones being ******es.

I wish everyone a good day and I'm out
You should get a medal for your patience lol
Haven't got LI in vet mode now I am scared.

Matimus's Avatar


Matimus
05.10.2021 , 10:00 PM | #10157
So 2 guildies and I queue for a random HMFP. I am tanking with my guildies as a healer and a DPS. We get Umbara which I HATE especially as a tank. Zone in, clear through the first boss with no issues. Walk around to the bonus boss who I face pulled since the add was right around the corner. No worries. We didn't get a chance to discuss, but one add dies and after the third aggro drop the boss absolutely mauls the pug who apparently didn't even have a chance to use a defensive. I am guessing it was from standing in the conal, but I wasn't paying too much attention to them. We clean up the boss, rez and move on to the second boss. I hate tanking this boss. No matter how good or bad of a tank you are, there is no way to keep it on you. He drops aggro too often. No one dies, we kill it and start to move on.

This is where things get weird. The pug asks for a guard. Now I generally don't bother with guarding in MMFP's. I very rarely find a random player that can pull aggro. I ignore it, but my healer mentions that the boss drops aggro as part of his mechanics. Pug responds that he got aggro on the bonus boss as well. Which is also the mechanic. I still ignore him and move on.

Cleared trash to the last boss and pull. Adds don't die, healer gets overwhelmed and dies first followed by the rest of us. Respawn and try again with a similar result. The pug asks for guard AGAIN. My response is that the adds need to die. He really pushes so I do guard the healer for the 5% DR for whatever its worth. We pull, same thing happens. The pug is now ranting in chat about me needing to guard literally anyone to which I said I did guard the healer and that it didn't help. I also said that the healer is dying first because the adds aren't dying fast enough. He is ranting enough and clicked no to the ready check twice (since I didnt guard him) that we just vote kicked him and requeued. The replacement was a level 70 Sage with 28 IR gear. We decide that its not worth it and bounce.

The adds on the last boss on Umbara are TOO spread out. There is no way to get aggro on them all when they are the ranged one. I hit the ones that spawn near me, pull in another one. If we have 1 DPS that tunnels the boss and the other DPS is a balance sage... well the healer is going to die before the adds do. And really, a concentration sentinel has 2 long leaps and a short one and transcendence (which we didn't see the entire run) and nasty burst. Those ranged adds should be dead quick. But when they don't die and you get several sets of adds together, there isn't much you can do. We did get to sub 10% each time, but that last set is absolutely brutal when a DPS isn't focusing them.

Its amazing to me how bad some players are and how good they think they are. A clear lack of understanding of aggro and the guard mechanic. It doesn't matter who I guard. If no one is hitting an add, its going to the healer. And with how spread out the ranged adds are in that fight its hard to do when you have a single dot specced DPS trying to kill them all.

But wait, there's more. I just need 1 more MMFP for my weekly so we queue up for hammer station to get it done. Zone in and clear up to the first boss. Jump down the cliff, I ready check while people are still running up the tunnel, pug DPS pulls as I am jumping down. If this was any other night, I probably would have taunted off him, but coming off of the last debacle... I told the healer to not heal him and we let him die. The dead commando drops group immediately and says something to the effect of we were moving too slow (!!!!) and that we can't keep up to him. I /wave and add him to my ignore list.

I get that it is just hammer station. And it isn't big deal. But my philosophy is that if you pull it, you tank it. We finished it with no issues (its just hammer station!) in less than 10 minutes. Blows my mind that a DPS can't wait 2 seconds to make sure everyone is in the room. Instead they have to wait for the GF lockout and then wait for a queue to pop at 11ish at night.

SeCKSEgai's Avatar


SeCKSEgai
05.11.2021 , 06:33 AM | #10158
nothing too crazy for this entry -- just disappointment at being able to do more damage in a cademimu than either of the two 75s while a level 50 something in a dvl leveling set with mods for a 40 or 42.
Riyn - Maryss - Rlnd - Mony - Retrocide - Reiy

Rlentless - Reyn - Rlad - Ttiana

DeannaVoyager's Avatar


DeannaVoyager
05.12.2021 , 02:08 AM | #10159
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Its stories like that, and the fact Veteran doesn't require the holy trinity anymore, the reason that I no longer do Veteran flashpoints.
It's not just vets, and it's not just the lack of skill. It's the attitude people have developed for some reason. They waltzed through story line with OP companion, which made them believe they are really good. When they face actual mechanics in group content and wipe, it's "someone else's fault" because they never wiped doing the story with that op companion... That's why I don't pug fps anymore. More often it's horrible than a good run, and it applies to MM fps too.

In another game I play I wiped the group because I didn't know the mechanics, and it was a speed run so nobody explained, I didn't even have time to ask. Half of the group quit because of that wipe and I bet they cursed me for losing their rewards, but the group leader explained the fight to me and it was easy peasy after that. If that guy hadn't explained anything, I would still be the noob wiping the group because mechanics, but he paused the run to tell what I need to do and that's how I learned it.

So whoever takes their time in swtor to explain the mechanics of fights, please continue to do so, no matter how frustarating it may sometimes be. Some new players out there really want to learn and will be happy someone taught them.

Fylimar's Avatar


Fylimar
05.13.2021 , 08:01 AM | #10160
I just had a Cademimu, where a Marauder aggroed everything. We others told him to stay behind us and we stealtehr did put enemies to sleep, so that it was possible to just slip past them, but he managed to aggro three groups at once for some reason.

Then I got a Hammer Station with my mercenary dd and there was another Marauder (I'm starting to believe the predjudices about that class), who was already fighting, when the rest of us loaded in. If he had stopped with the low trash mobs in the beginning, it would have been ok, but while we still were greeting each other, he aggroed the group with the big droids. Of course he died instantly. Then another player died and I asked, why he just attacked without the group being there, He said, he used Heroic Moment with his companion.
I replied, that it didn't worked out very well for him and he just said, I should die, so that he can go up again. He was throwing around some profanities for good measures, so I decided, to let him stew for a bit and then left. Another player left shortly after the mara got killed and I'm pretty sure, the last one wasn't going to stay either.
The Lovecraft Legacy

My Referral Link(free goodies): http://www.swtor.com/r/lhM5X3