Really tired of random fights all the time, everywhere.

Guanfei

I've bought a month to get a taste of the last update.

And needless to say, I'm already fed up with it. As it involve a lot of roaming around the map, I'm really, really, REALLY tired of being interrupted by a fight every 20 goddamn seconds. and fights you can't avoid, of course, because most enemies have a way to stun, stop or pull you, making using a vehicle useless to go faster.

It takes way more time to go anywhere than it should, just because of that constant unavoidable fights. Honestly that just makes me want to stop playing, because there is no fun in this.

I just want to play the game, do my damn missions, without having to fight a hundred droids just to get where I need to.

At which point your dev team thought "Eh, let's put tons of enemies everywhere, who can stop the player anytime, and unavoidable! I'm sure they'll find it fun!"

IT'S NOT. THERE'S NO FUN TO HAVE HERE.

There is absolutely zero randomness regarding any encounter in overland PvE.

There are walkers -- NPCs scripted to walk a particular route -- and there are groups of mobs that respawn in exactly the same place every time. There are mobs that appear, based on a script, if you perform a particular action, like walk into an instance where mobs then spawn (based on a script) or when you finish particular dialogue (based on a script).

But they're definitely not random. They appear when and how they are programmed to and that's it, and that programming never varies.

All it takes is to learn the aggro radius for various mobs. You get a feel for that. I can travel overland from one end of almost any planet to another without ever being stealthed and never get smacked. Why?

Because just like many other players, I know where the mobs will be because those mobs have been in those exact same non-random spots for the last 9 years. You eventually get a map in your head of where things are and your done.

So.

Define random. Who is random where?

Edited by xordevoreaux

Well there are 4 stealth classes, try one of them.

Ok until KotFE. Then steath is kind of useless as even when steathed you get attacked.

This is not new and has been in-game since day one. with enemy mobs everywhere, (not as random as you think however) BW offer a free to play so new customers can play before subbing. This is not going to go away not for passed story or new story comming out. So that leaves you with the option of getting used to it and conintue or move on to a differant game. It is a prminant feature of this game.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

There are walkers -- NPCs scripted to walk a particular route -- and there are groups of mobs that respawn in exactly the same place every time. There are mobs that appear, based on a script, if you perform a particular action, like walk into an instance where mobs then spawn (based on a script) or when you finish particular dialogue (based on a script).

-Maybe the game is not for You? -Alternatively, just get your main to 75, then hang infront of the exchange and buy7sell, and use the chat? -It IS an option I do myself use sometimes, when I am bored of grinding.

-At least, the exchange give good credits, flipping items.

But they're definitely not random. They appear when and how they are programmed to and that's it, and that programming never varies.

All it takes is to learn the aggro radius for various mobs. You get a feel for that. I can travel overland from one end of almost any planet to another without ever being stealthed and never get smacked. Why?

Because just like many other players, I know where the mobs will be because those mobs have been in those exact same non-random spots for the last 9 years. You eventually get a map in your head of where things are and your done.

So.

Define random. Who is random where?

Might have used the wrong word (I still struggle quite a bit with some different words and when to use it, in english). By that I mean the common enemies you find all over the map.

And I tried to avoid them. Most can't be.

Just to be more accurate, I'm currently doing the content on Iokath. And despite all my efforts to avoid any enemies, most of the time I can't, because they're simply too many, and the available paths always lead to a fight. When you have a mission that requires you to go on different spot on the map, it's a real pain because you constantly stumble on a group of enemies. They're not hard to beat, at all, but it's fight after fight, and what you could do in a couple of minutes takes much, much more time because you stop every 20m for a fight that you can't avoid, as the enemies always have a way to slow you down, or stop you, even in a vehicle.

True. Iokath is tedious. I'll give You that. Hands down. Being trying to do dailies to get my 'reputation' up, but its such a draaaaag. The most exciting stuff is Operation or 4+-stuff, but I am a solo'ist, so urgh. I don't like that place. Its a labyrinth of dumb clankers everywhere. Nevermind the buggy 'disable lasers'-mission... uurgh.

I've bought a month to get a taste of the last update.

And needless to say, I'm already fed up with it. As it involve a lot of roaming around the map, I'm really, really, REALLY tired of being interrupted by a fight every 20 gosh darn seconds. and fights you can't avoid, of course, because most enemies have a way to stun, stop or pull you, making using a vehicle useless to go faster.

It takes way more time to go anywhere than it should, just because of that constant unavoidable fights. Honestly that just makes me want to stop playing, because there is no fun in this.

I just want to play the game, do my damn missions, without having to fight a hundred droids just to get where I need to.

At which point your dev team thought "Eh, let's put tons of enemies everywhere, who can stop the player anytime, and unavoidable! I'm sure they'll find it fun!"

IT'S NOT. THERE'S NO FUN TO HAVE HERE.

Maybe it's time to try another class...usually if you're tired of fights its because the class gameplay is no longer engaging enough.

I really think they should allow us to pick up another class on our character. So you can start working towards points in that, so killing those mobs isn't just for endless weekly rewards, but counts towards levelling up your character in another class.

they can even make it fun allowing you to actually switch a spec in combat, like druids in wow switch forms. You can choose one second spec from any of the classes you have learned on your character, as you combat second spec, and can switch in and out of it in combat ( only restriction is in pvp, where you can only combat second spec a spec of the same role as your primary spec (so no healers that can be dps at a switch of a button.

You now access the class story quest of the class you picked up. If you were a non-force user, picking a force using class, it turns out you were force sensitive and your force abilities only recently got spotted by a force user.

In fact every class has a transition set of missions tailored to the cross over.

Example: The Jedi Knight

There is a dialog mission for a Jedi Knight who picks up a Consular class, a Smuggler class and a Trooper class off the top of my head here is a reason why the Jedi knight might be involved with each of the other classes.

Consular: - the Council encourages you to expand your mastery and learning of the force as the need for diplomacy highlighting the core ideals of the jedi as peacekeepers is needed moreso than ever.

Smuggler: You were had to go undercover as a smuggler for x reason - but when you go to Ord Mantell it starts an epic story you must follow through - or you feel the sneakier side of you coming out (conversation options simply sets your motives whether light or dark or sneaky)

Trooper: As a commander of forces, you were challenged to train in special ops, handy for occasions where the force cannot be used or is blocked - alternative could include you lost your memory and found yourself drafted, not knowing what else to do and trying to remember who you were you joined the corps. You seem to have advanced knowledge of hand to hand combat and handling blades (including a lightsaber and strange force powers) (which explains why you can use your Jedi knight abilities (which you can switch to and from)) You can role play whenever you recall your memory - this could be optional or it could be compulsory, one option of picking a new class coudl be that you go through the opening planet's class missions without being able to switch, once you reach level 10 in the new class, you are now able to switch between.

The pre-quest is a conversation, that sets up how you, hero of your original class, starts doing another class.

The story setting is the original game. So the story of you becoming the hero of another class is set before the events of Makeb.

Gamewise, you need a character that is level 50 and has completed the original game's class story fully with achievement before you can access another class.

it would be up to bioware to decide how all this will work

1. Can you only switch class in rested /area out of combat?

2. Do you do the secondary active spec mode I explained above, where you can set any of your sepcs (from your first class or any additional classes) as your secondary active spec that you can switch to. You can do this in combat like a wow druid switching forms gaining the abilities of your equipped second spec like they would a cat or bear form.

3. Do they design that you can get a limited skill set from your second class that can be added to your main class, so you gain a number of abilities that you can add to a special bar that is either accessible all the time like your abilities or maybe accessible on a cooldown,

4. Design a new combination classes - in this format which ever class you merge with, becomes a new class of it's own with abilities from the two classes combined in such a way that they are balanced. This new class s more an advanced class than a brand new main class.

This could just open up a lot of

Base game: Disagree. Hard.

KotFE/KotET: Agree. Harder.

Are we so far removed from the issue that plagued Makeb's initial reception, with far too many enemies that were effectively just random sponges that added nothing to the experience and made it harder to just enjoy the content? The overworld mobs are fine, I tend to think some areas are almost too scarce but its prefarable to random, inescapable pop outs like in instances. OP never specified where their greivance was so I can't assume but I'll say I'm in full support of this for getting rid of the surprise mobs in those chapters.

Base game: Disagree. Hard.

KotFE/KotET: Agree. Harder.

Are we so far removed from the issue that plagued Makeb's initial reception, with far too many enemies that were effectively just random sponges that added nothing to the experience and made it harder to just enjoy the content? The overworld mobs are fine, I tend to think some areas are almost too scarce but its prefarable to random, inescapable pop outs like in instances. OP never specified where their greivance was so I can't assume but I'll say I'm in full support of this for getting rid of the surprise mobs in those chapters.

I remember Makeb's mobs density at release, and not with fondness. Makeb was a slog for me back then because just trying to cover ground on a non-stealth character took so long. Now, there's KotFE chapter 10: Anarchy in Paradise, which should be subtitled "BW, what were you thinking?" Stealth being useless in that chaper. Mobs doing damage when they are 40+m distant. Auto-aggroing who knows what because they auto-aggro so far away they barely show up on the minimap, but put your character in combat. I usually skip my characters straight to Ossus. I'm doing the KotFE chapters right now because I want to tailor the results for the BH I'm playing, instead of having that part of the story autocompleting to DS choices. I'm being reminded why I've been skipping toons straight to Ossus.

For the OP, on a non-stealther, Iokath is a lot of fighting, although most fights are pretty quick. Iokath dailies go pretty fast on my stealth characters. I don't remember about the Iokath story because at this point I only do that on my Sith Warriors, and I haven't made a new SW in a while. I have max level steathers (Assassins, Shadows, Operatives, Scoundrels) partially because they are fun to play, and partially because sometimes I don't feel like fighting through every enemy on a map. On stealthers my battle cry is "skip!" while invisibly tipping past mobs.

Edited by Nmyownworld

The OP is correct. The whole point of mounts is to avoid unnecessary combat. Foes should never be able to pull of off forcing you into combat but they do all the time. And they do it when they are out of your skills range, so if you were not mounted you couldn't hit them but they can still get you.

And stealthing doesn't work when almost every mob has a npcs that cannot detect stealthed characters.

tired of being interrupted by a fight every 20 gosh darn seconds.

Being British I find this expression is wonderfully apt! Love it.

Well there are 4 stealth classes, try one of them.

Ok until KotFE. Then steath is kind of useless as even when steathed you get attacked.

This is one of the biggest annoyances for me. My main isn't a stealther, however among my dozens of alts I levelled all the classes/specs that can stealth because a) I'm an altoholic and b) I love the idea of sneaking (especially sneaking past the mobs that have stealth detect). Unfortunately almost all story/solo content from KotFE onwards has too many encounters that make stealth useless. I fail to understand the point of that in story play (with the exception of bosses); stealth or not, it feels like they are forcing fights on us to make content longer & detract from the lack of story (that opinion will probably get me a ban but that's how I feel).

I'd really like to hear why the devs made stealthing useless in so many encounters. It's solo story content where stealthing is made useless so any response that they wanted to make the content "fair" for all classes won't work.

Worst of all, the mobs we are forced to fight DO NOT DROP ANY LOOT! Grrrrrrrrr :mad:

Might have used the wrong word (I still struggle quite a bit with some different words and when to use it, in english). By that I mean the common enemies you find all over the map.

And I tried to avoid them. Most can't be.

Just to be more accurate, I'm currently doing the content on Iokath. And despite all my efforts to avoid any enemies, most of the time I can't, because they're simply too many, and the available paths always lead to a fight. When you have a mission that requires you to go on different spot on the map, it's a real pain because you constantly stumble on a group of enemies. They're not hard to beat, at all, but it's fight after fight, and what you could do in a couple of minutes takes much, much more time because you stop every 20m for a fight that you can't avoid, as the enemies always have a way to slow you down, or stop you, even in a vehicle.

When you first post, I thought to my self “what the hell is this guy thinking” but your second post really make me finally understand it and it was relatable.

Anyway, somehow related I guess, its one of those instances where the dev fail to see what made people don’t do kotfe/kotet is NOT for its story (they’re decent enough imo) but rather the ENDLESS UNAVOIDABLE SPAWN of adds (this also my only complaint for Spirit of Vengeance solo FP).

Makeb is another great example, first release was awful even to this day I have minor trauma to it and just straight skip it to SoR. Thankfully they nerf it but still, trauma.

Kinda glad to see I'm not the only one who feels like that.

I play MMOs for as long as I remember, and most of the time, they always leave a clear path for you to follow and avoid unnecessary fights. Because, let's be honest, most people don't like being interrupted constantly when they're just moving from point A to point B.

But here, on Iokath, that's not the case. Every path you can take has mobs. And quite a lot of it. And they can all stop you, one way or another, so vehicles can't even save you.

I'm not asking for a clear map emptied of enemies. But at least mains roads clear, so we can reach the different areas without stopping over and over again just to take care of some useless trash mobs.