Minor Rampage Achievement Boost Clarification

DavidStaats

Hi all!

We have seen some confusion recently regarding the functionality of the Minor Rampage Achievement Boost, so I wanted to take this opportunity to go over its intended functionality.

As you progress your journey through the Galaxy, you will come across various Achievements for defeating a certain number of generic enemies. Let’s take a look at a few of these.

• Removing the Riff Raff: Defeated 100 Criminal Combatants on Corellia (located under Aliens and Mercenaries in the Corellia Location section of Achievements)
  • Taris Eradication: Defeated 5000 non-player opponents while on Taris as a Republic player (located under General in the Taris Location section of Achievements)
  • T7-01 = Honorary Jedi: Defeated 1000 enemies with T7-01 as your active companion (located under T7-01 in the Jedi Knight Companions section of Achievements)
  • I’m Gunna Get You, Czerka: Defeated 480 non-player opponents while on CZ-198 (located under General in the CZ-198 Dailies section of Achievements)

Using the Minor Rampage Achievement Boost will increase the defeat counts for these Achievements by 2x. This means 1 defeated Criminal Combatant on Corellia will count as 2 as far as the Achievement counter is concerned, allowing you the opportunity to obtain these Achievements at an expedited rate. Keep an eye open for Achievements which similarly require general enemies to be defeated - the Minor Rampage Achievement Boost will increase those counts!

This boost will not however affect counts towards Player defeat Achievements, Boss or Named Enemy defeat Achievements, or Conquest Objectives.

For example, you are on CZ-198 defeating enemies for the ‘CZ-198: Defeat Enemies’ Conquest Objective, and you also have the Minor Achievement Boost active. The counts for the Conquest Objective will remain 1:1 (meaning 1 defeated enemy counts as 1 count toward your Conquest Objective), however counts towards the ‘I’m Gunna Get You, Czerka’ Achievement will be doubled, even if you are defeating the same enemy.

We hope this information helps clarify the functionality of this new boost!

Edited by CommunityTeam

I feel that it was a bad decision to include "rampage" in this item's name, since the kill enemy conquest objectives used to be called that prior to the last conquest revamp. To avoid further confusion, it would probably be best to just rename the item to something that will not cause further mix-ups, maybe carnage. Edited by BenKatarn

personally i would like to get such a booster directly,

not just via login rewards. maybe you can integrate

them to the cartel market.

the problem i see is, that you can't verify,

if a npc counts for an achievement, or not. so there is

the iokath achievement to kill 10k droids in the daily area.

but there are some silver droids, not counting for that achievement,

but the same assets in a different zone, do.

so i think there are tiny spots in the daily area,

not counting as daily area and so the achievement won't track the kill

and at first player can think, that the booster won't work.

some guild members said, they tried to use the booster to speed up

the companion kills and said, it doesn't work, too. but i can't try it out.

i used them to kill jedi on corellia, droids on iokath and some kills in

uprising. all worked fine, exept single droids on iokath.

Pretty clear as it was though I guess there's something I may be missing that those with a more Conquest centric thought process may be getting here with the word 'Rampage'? Either way, tell the devs THESE ARE THE KIND OF BOOSTS I LOVE. Now if we can get something similar for GSF ship requisition, a rarer version of this for bosses in content (Flashpoint minded, really) and whatever else, I'll be happier! :D

(...)

We have seen some confusion recently regarding the functionality of the Minor Rampage Achievement Boost, so I wanted to take this opportunity to go over its intended functionality.(...)

Dear David, what you describe in your yellow post is 100% exactly how I understood the boost from the tooltip within the game. I didn't know there was confusion about it. :eek:

I like this boost very much. It's the second best boost after the "50 social points" boost which is fantastic for my 2nd to 4th generation alts with whom I don't do group content.

Thank you for those little gimmicks. I think they are great.