2021 Projects

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi all,

Thought this would be a good conversation to start up to get to know y'all outside of the game.

What are some projects you're working on that you want to complete by end of year? I'm re-organizing my office and my work space. I'm not an interior designer by any means, so this is definitely a long term project for me. I plan on building some shelves, making a little area to relax when I need to step away from a monitor, and putting up some decor/art. I've found that I really like drilling holes into a wall.

I also want to learn five new dishes to cook. I recently made Eggs Benedict for the first time and nailed the sauce, so I was pretty pleased.

Let me know what's on your plate for this year! (pun intended)

Note: I don't want to spam the Dev Tracker, so I won't be able to respond to every single comment here, but know I'm reading the conversations!

Hmm.

I recently found a usb drive that I appear to have lost in 2010, which contains a bunch of stories and ideas for stories that I'd been working on at the time. It felt like finding treasure. I'm currently trying to determine how much of it I can salvage, so I can see myself doing a lot of writing this year. Short stories primarily.

Then there's a potential project that I'm not at all certain about yet, but which may be sufficiently interesting to share. My keyboard is deteriorating. The 'z' and 'x' keys aren't very responsive, and the 's' is beginning to go too, but after having checked out literally hundreds of keyboards online, I find that none meet my requirements. All of them feel like a step back from the keyboard I have now (unresponsive keys aside), and they don't make my current one anymore.

So I've started looking into the possibility of building my own. I've never done something like this before, but there do appear to be plenty examples online of people having done/tried it, so I'm checking out those examples, and perhaps some time this year.. or next year.. I will be playing swtor on a unique keyboard.

Because.. you know.. playing swtor is going to be my primary 2021 theme. :p

I got back into playing and writing music. Feels good, and star wars music made me inspired again. It will be fun to see how far I can go this time, and if I can begin to get a steady income with it.

Also starting to find ways to experiment with game design, mainly rpg mechanics and gameplay. But I'm bad with coding too complex stuff, so searching for peoples to help me express what this twisted mind can think of is going to be my next objective. :D

Apart from that, surviving 2021 sums up the rest.

2020 really made me hit the pause button on some goals I have. The main things I'd like to accomplish in 2021 is finishing and releasing 2 new albums. (One is completely finished, and I've shot 2 videos for it. The other is written, but I've only recorded 2 songs so far.)

I also wrote a short film that I want to film this year. I have locations scouted, and was about to start casting when covid hit and shut everything down.

How do you know it's not the end of the beginning?

I don't know why but this reminds me of a Steven Wright joke..."I like to walk into clothing stores and have the salesperson ask me 'what size?' and I reply, 'Extra medium'"...

In regards to projects, i need to finish restomodding a 1950 GMC truck, so i can begin on my daughter's 1953 Chevy truck. Plus i'm realizing i need to renovate/move around my garage/shop. In addition the wife is starting to ping me on replacing our floors...all that plus finding time to play SWTOR

My current goal is to finish working with my editors and get my fourth novel published midway through the year. Then I'm slated to work on second edition releases of my first three novels. So basically, my goal is to edit, edit, and edit some more.

Do more work on my house and gardens. Other goals are in the air due to the pandemic.