Eternal Championship Deathless & Sprint Champion Guides

Hey everyone, awhile back when The Eternal Championship first came out, I made some guide videos for the community in hopes of assisting those that were struggling with completing certain aspects of The Eternal Championship. I thought I'd make a brief guide on the forums and share them here, especially in light of it being a requirement for the DvL event.

Deathless Champion & Individual Boss Guide

This first video guide goes over basic strategies for surviving each boss encounter with minimal gear, companion influence level, and buffs. This is supposed to be an introductory guide to The Eternal Championship. You can skip this if you can already survive the whole fight. The point of the guide is to show that understanding of your chosen class is the most important aspect to being able to complete the various rounds (aside from mechanics). I highly recommend reading up on the various guides on the forums and dulfy's website first for help in understanding your preferred class better if you are struggling with The Eternal Championship.

Do note that the video is quite long but I have included time stamps in the description so you can skip to the round that you care about. The intro goes over legacy buffs, consumables, companion, etc. to help those that may not fully understand that aspect of the game. All 10 fights are from the perspective of a melee class however I did also include a ranged perspective for round 6.

Quick Tips:

- Deathless Champion is not a race. If you have to, use Heroic Moment as much as possible including waiting for it to come off cooldown between rounds.

- Get the best gear possible. I beat it in unaugmented rating 200 non-modifiable gear. I can tell you right now I tried over and over and over in 190 gear and just could not get past round 5. Get the best gear you can afford but no lesser than 200 rating.

- Companions are everything. The difference between a level 1 companion and 20 is significant. And it costs less than 100k credits to get a companion that high from the gift vendor on the fleet.

- Use consumables! Stims are a must, adrenals and chilled corellian cocktail are also very helpful. You can get the latter from the vendor in the fleet cantina

Boss 1 Strategy:

- Kill the Combat Unit first as this is buffing Zayzen heavily to do significantly more damage. AoE is pointless on Zayzen since she is being healed.

- Kill the Medical Unit next so that you can burn Zayzen, otherwise the med unit will easily heal through your DPS

Boss 2 Strategy:

- Burn Grah as much as possible while AoEing adds. Focus down adds as necessary to prevent being overwhelmed by shear numbers

- When he casts toxic grenade on you (a red circle will also appear), move out of it. Try to not plant it under Grah if you are melee as this will prevent you from DPSing.

Boss 3 Strategy:

- Burn Boga and AoE down the Heralds. Focus on Heralds if they have more than 1 out.

- Boga will pull you into the center and stun you, immediately run out of the yellow area to prevent further damage taken.

Boss 4 Strategy:

- Burn Chompers whenever he is up. Chompers will pass out at 30% health.

- Burn Conraad when Chompers is down. Only kill Conraad if Chompers is incapacitated.

- Avoid the acid puddles as much as necessary.

- Make sure to kill spawned adds fast as they will focus your companion first.

Boss 5 Strategy:

- Burn Lanos hard at the start, when he spawns Shield Droids, knock them back, smash, stun, or interupt to stop them from shielding Lanos, AoE them down.

- Adds will spawn on the sides, make sure you kill them fast as they will focus your companion.

- Suicide droids will spawn later, keep yourself moving and stay away from your companion.

- Repeat the previous steps over until you have killed Lanos, defensive cooldowns are very important to your survival.

Boss 6 Strategy:

- Have your companion grab agro of either Ripper or Crush. You need to maintain agro on the other add and Thades.

- DPS down the add in melee range while playing ring around the rosie with Thades to take minimal hits and stacks from him. If you are taking too much damage, Move out of melee range and kite them so your stacks drop and your companion can heal you.

- Once you have killed your add pickup the add your healer has.

- When only Thades is left, burn him. If he becomes immune and starts casting, move out of melee range with him to prevent being knocked back.

Boss 7 Strategy:

- Kill Drake first otherwise he will destroy you faster than you can believe if Nocturno dies first.

- Place his stun circles in Nocturno's path in order to prevent Nocturno from attacking you.

- Use hard stuns as necessary.

- Drake will cast droids to kidnap you. You have 0.5 seconds to react and interupt it, otherwise immediately focus the strong add in melee range in order to keep them from killing your companion. Return to killing Drake afterward.

- When Drake dies, pickup the yellow item. Stun Nocturno as much as possible (DO NOT use the last item on the temporary quickbar or else you will have to save your companion again).

- Nocturno hits hard so kite as much as possible and stun to allow your companion to heal you and to allow you to DPS.

Boss 8 Strategy:

- Avoid the red circle or you will be stunned, the yellow circle is unnavoidable.

- DPS apprentice handler's as soon as they spawn

- Line yourself up so that when you get tossed by the rancor, it is not into a quadrant that has some sort of deadly affect

Boss 9 Strtagey:

- DPS the doom droid avoiding the red beam and yellow circles.

- Droid adds will spawn, avoid the small droids but move near them to trigger them to blow up, keep them away from your companion. Kill the larger droids quickly.

- Doom Droid will eventually go immune, kill the 4 droids as fast as possible that are charging up doom droid or you will be killed.

Boss 10 Strategy:

- Pray

- Avoid yellow circles, plant them on laser droids if possible but not on medical terminals. If you cross a laser of a laser droid onto another, it will also blow up.

- Have cooldowns ready and be ready to hit a medical terminal for the laser beam from After Shock. Remember you can stun the walker.

- When Zotar is out, you need to DPS him. He is interuptable and stunable.,

- The final phase can be difficult, stay in the safety of the blue circle but do not center a yellow circle on it or you will take massive damage having no free space to survive.

Sprint Champion Guide

Unlike the previous guide, I assume you can already survive all 10 rounds of The Eternal Championship consistently and know the mechanics. The goal here is to clear all rounds in under 15 minutes. Unfortunately I do not know when the timer starts but I do know it ends as soon as After Shock blows up. The trick here is to DPS well enough that you can flat out skip/push phases of the different bosses faster than intended. It is important that you fully understand the strengths and weaknesses of your class in order to maximize DPS where possible.

Please note that this isn't the only method to speed run The Eternal Championship but is one of many possible strategies. This is the method I used and learned from others back during The Eternal Championship Speedrun Contest.

Quick Tips:

- You need good gear. 216 BiS minimum and it should be augmented. You also need to have max accuracy which is 110% (684 rating + 1% companion buff).

- Have as many legacy buffs as possible. If you don't have all class buffs unlocked, get a friend to buff you.

- Use consumables. Adrenals aren't necessary but do help. You have no excuse to not use a Polybiotic Stim and Chilled Corellian Cocktail.

- Don't be conservative with Legacy Abilities. Heroic Moment will help you do crazy DPS and Unity will help you stay alive.

- You want your companion DPSing as much as possible and to be as high an influence level as possible. Melee or Ranged don't matter too much with the exception that a melee is required for wave 6 unless you want to micromanage the heck out of them (or make things easier by having them heal). Not all companions DPS the same. Compare their numbers. Vette is a great choice. Influence matters! I have max possible presence from legacy, my level 50 Ashara is capable of 5.7k sustained (90 seconds) DPS in a pvp dual and spikes to 5.9k if she can use her finisher.

Boss 1:

- Heroic Moment, use AoE Legacy Abilities to burn the Heal droid and Zayzen at the same time.

- Ignore the damage boosting droid. The Heal droid needs to die fast in order to burn Zayzen fast.

Boss 2:

- Burn Grah, his adds will die when he does, use remainder of available Legacy Abilities.

- If you don't burn him fast enough, an add will spawn in the back after Grah dies that you must kill.

Boss 3:

- Again AoE Legacy Abilities at start.

- Focus Boga, Herald should die from the AoE.

- You can kill him before he jumps.

Boss 4:

- If previous fights done quick enough, you may have Legacy Abilites up for the first few seconds of the fight.

- Have your companion focus Conraad.

- Burn Chompers to 30% then finish off Conraad.

- Face Chompers away from your companion so you don't place a circle on your companion.

Boss 5:

- Burn Lanos hard, when the shield droids pop up, knock them back or smash them and finish off Lanos. Shield droids will blow up when Lanos dies.

- If burned too slow, adds will spawn on side, finish them afterwards.

Boss 6:

- Use a melee companion if possible, have them focus one add.

- You focus the other add playing ring around the rosie to avoid Thades' hits

- May have to use first heal terminal

Boss 7:

- Burn down Drake with your companion, stun as necessary and use Heroic Moment again and abilities from start.

- If burned fast enough, no kidnapper droids.

- Kite and stun Nocturno while burning her, shouldn't need a heal terminal but don't be too risky.

Boss 8:

- Straight burn of the rancor using all Legacy Abilities before they disappear.

- Handler may spawn at end if not burned fast enough.

Boss 9:

- Burn Doom Droid hard, shouldn't have to deal with the energy charging phase if burned fast enough

- Deal with adds quickly, try to not blow up your companion if they are melee.

- Incoming damage is heavy so cooldowns are key, you may need to hit a heal terminal

Boss 10:

- Heroic Moment at start or slightly through fight depending your timing so far.

- Stun After Shock when he casts for the laser droids to prevent them from appearing. Chances are unless you crazy burn him, he will get them out.

- You should have anywhere from 2-4 heal terminal remaining for this fight.

- When Zotar jumps mid, he is immune for a brief moment so don't waste a stun on him immediately until he starts casting shocking finale or else he will be immune longer. Interrupt Auto Pilot to prevent yellow circles.

- When dead make your companion passive. Once After Shock regens back to 90% health it will self-destruct.

I hope everyone finds these guides useful. Feel free to post questions or suggestions I will try to respond to them to the best of my ability.

Shout out to all the speed runners that put their logs up on parsely during the speed run contest as that helped me to develop a refined speed running guide and a special shout out to Solaná for specifically giving me tips for Assassin. Please everyone refrain from bringing up the contest itself though in the thread as that is not the intent of this post.

Edited by Hellhog

2 questions if I may: 1) is there a list of which companions do what dps? or a rankings chart? Star parse doesn't show pet dps, so its hard to gauge for myself.

2) I'm using xalek on my Apt is this a good choice for both pet and class/advanced class? I have high dps, but I'm needing xalek to heal. I'm thinking to move to a class with self healing abilties.

2 questions if I may: 1) is there a list of which companions do what dps? or a rankings chart? Star parse doesn't show pet dps, so its hard to gauge for myself.

2) I'm using xalek on my Apt is this a good choice for both pet and class/advanced class? I have high dps, but I'm needing xalek to heal. I'm thinking to move to a class with self healing abilties.

1) As far as I know, no. I have had them parse on the fleet dummy but the annoyance is you end up having to add the numbers in the log yourself which means you end up doing nothing more than burst parses and the numbers vary too much.

2) So what I recommend doing is getting all companions to influence 10 or some other common denominator. From there, manually pull out each companion, buff them with your class buffs, and then look at each ability they have as a DPS and Healer. Look at the activation times, cooldowns, and attack values. You will end up finding for DPS that melee have more instant abilities while the ranged have to activate them, otherwise values are the same.

Xalek to me is a great baseline. Among healers, he is a top dog. I've yet to find a companion with higher values on their heals than Xalek. Now a lot of companions are even with him for healing, but many are also lower than him. For example, Qyzen has an ability that for whatever reason, does significantly less than whatever baseline is making him substandard for healing. Treek for example has long cooldowns across all abilities as a healer making her a terrible healer since unlike most companions, she can't heal 100% of the time. So if you are using a healer, Xalek is great. If you don't like Xalek, a lot of companions are great alternatives.

Xalek is also a great baseline among DPS. For a single wielder, he also is top dog in DPS. If you compare his abilities, no one has better cooldowns than him or higher ability damage values. Plenty of companions are equal with him meaning Xalek isn't the only best choice, but quite a few are lesser than him. For example, for whatever reason, Lana Beniko has an ability that has a 2 second longer cooldown than everyone else weakening her potential DPS. HK-51 is single target only weakening his DPS potential against multiple enemies (I do not know if he parses higher single target though). Even though Qyzen is a bad choice for healing, his values equal that of Xalek so he can also DPS.

An interesting find that I was pointed toward for DPS though is that dual-wielders do more damage than single wielders. Unfortunately I don't have many companions that fit this bill to make this a blanket statement but, the dual wielders from the Star Fortress stuff were subpar because their secondary weapon does no damage practically. I'm not sure if this has been fixed yet or not. I was told Vette is a great DPS to have when needing a ranged but I have yet to look at her values. I can state for a fact though, that Ashara seems to be the best DPS companion in the game so far that is a melee companion. The reason being is her force bonus damage seems to be just slightly higher than Xalek's and one of her abilities does more damage than Xalek's at influence 50. Everything else is exactly the same. Not to mention, her offhand weapon deals damage, that Xalek doesn't have. To further prove the point, when I switched from Influence 50 Xalek to Influence 50 Ashara for the speed run contest, I immediately shaved 15 seconds off my time. I know not all classes have access to Ashara, but from what I've heard, Vette is the ranged alternative to Ashara and everyone can get her.

You can still use Parsec to parse companions without having to manually calculate their DPS and based on my parsing dual wielders do approximately 150-200 more DPS than others. All my companions are at influence 50 so no difference because of that. Edited by T_T_P

You can still use Parsec to parse companions without having to manually calculate their DPS and based on my parsing dual wielders do approximately 150-200 more DPS than others. All my companions are at influence 50 so no difference because of that.

Fantastic ty. You to Hellhog. So get my ashara upto 50 and for my APT use vette. Got it :). Btw what dps numbers are level 50 companions actually pulling? 4K? I know when I leveled my sin through rishi/yavin/ziost I did all those solomode flahpoints with the GSI droid and ashara as dps. She out dpse'd me. I knew that for sure as she would pull aggro of the tank droid not me and she would kill strongs and other stuff faster then I killed mine. She was 20-30 influence I think so it depressed me. I'll get parsec and play around with it. Be interesting to see what the new DvL companions are like. They appear to be dual wielders too.

• 5 years later...

Has anyone tried it since 7.0 came live?

My 306 BiS gear / level 75 has became trash now and having companion going DPS is not quite possible, except for first round. The day before 7.0 I managed a 16 minutes run; the day after I was taken by surprise being killed on the very first round. I kept trying and trying and barely manged to finish it in about 30 minutes, with plenty of deaths in between.

Level sync is not really fair here considering that we have less defensive abilities and utility options now, worse gear (no more BiS option, at least not for the vast majority of player base).

Also item rating is only confusing since 306 has no meaning for level 65 content. It should also sync with the item rating of a level 65.

Last but not least, both starship dummy droids are level 80 now. At least one time the warzone one was the same level of the player so you could practice a bit, but now there's no dummy droid to practice and improve your (level 65) DPS in order to see what numbers you need.

I've seen quite a few level 75 beating record after record, getting almost to 10 minutes. I wonder who and how will they be able to replicate that now.

Has anyone tried it since 7.0 came live?

My 306 BiS gear / level 75 has became trash now and having companion going DPS is not quite possible, except for first round. The day before 7.0 I managed a 16 minutes run; the day after I was taken by surprise being killed on the very first round. I kept trying and trying and barely manged to finish it in about 30 minutes, with plenty of deaths in between.

Level sync is not really fair here considering that we have less defensive abilities and utility options now, worse gear (no more BiS option, at least not for the vast majority of player base).

Also item rating is only confusing since 306 has no meaning for level 65 content. It should also sync with the item rating of a level 65.

Last but not least, both starship dummy droids are level 80 now. At least one time the warzone one was the same level of the player so you could practice a bit, but now there's no dummy droid to practice and improve your (level 65) DPS in order to see what numbers you need.

I've seen quite a few level 75 beating record after record, getting almost to 10 minutes. I wonder who and how will they be able to replicate that now.

It was reported as being woefully unbalanced on PTS, I guess it wasn't looked at in time for all the wonderful things that are in 7.0 (/sarcasm off).

• 2 weeks later...
the last fight is ok until the last phase. How am I supposed to kill all the droids in the aoe I'm not supposed to go into, while stunning the boss and survive the 10k per second damage all of that dishes out?

It's a burn phase, you're supposed to go all out on both offensive and defensive cooldowns and finish it off as quickly as possible before you get killed. Just try to stay in the non-electrified part of the arena as much as possible, you may have to eat the mortar though.

It helps if you're going into that phase with all probes already dead, it starts when Zotar reches 50% health.

If you've made it this far you can definitely win.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

It's a burn phase, you're supposed to go all out on both offensive and defensive cooldowns and finish it off as quickly as possible before you get killed. Just try to stay in the non-electrified part of the arena as much as possible, you may have to eat the mortar though.

It helps if you're going into that phase with all probes already dead, it starts when Zotar reches 50% health.

If you've made it this far you can definitely win.

Oh, I don't know what you mean if all the probes are already dead. Six of them spawn right when the last phase starts. As soon as Zotar stops being invulnerable in the center of the arena. There were so many red lines on the floor I couldn't make out where was a laser beam and where wasn't.

Has anyone tried it since 7.0 came live?.

I just tried it with my agent and level 50 Kaliyo. Kaliyo died within seconds at the first boss. First in DPS stance, then in Healing stance. She wasn't even able to heal herself.

I had no problems finishing EC solo before 7.0. This is ridiculously unbalanced and unplayable.

Edited by JattaGin

I made it. It took me over an hour. I was in green 323 rated gear. My dps was horrid. I died twice. In the past, I never did achieve the sprint achievement, but my runs were probably around 25 minutes without death. I admit that I was rusty. But, it is a slog now. And, you get no worthwhile rewards, whatsover.

Well, someone did report it was seriously overtuned on PTS, so it was never addressed.

I had a guildie in Serenity spec, with an influence 50 comp in heal stance, complete it on Tuesday, though she died at least once on Doom Droid. I'm pretty sure my guild member has all datacrons so should be maxxed on presence statistically, though I don't know if EC is capping presence like in other level locked content. I'd have to ask her about whether she used any presence drink like Onderonian Clear Punch, although if Pre is capped that buff drink may not matter. I think she has around 322 ish gear but I can verify.

That's not to say the Championship is balanced as intended, it's just that with people being able to complete it (even if they die), this won't be a high priority fix :(.

Oh, I don't know what you mean if all the probes are already dead. Six of them spawn right when the last phase starts. As soon as Zotar stops being invulnerable in the center of the arena. There were so many red lines on the floor I couldn't make out where was a laser beam and where wasn't.

I've only done this once in 7.0. When I did the additional probes didn't spawn in immediately, but after a bit. And uh... apparently the way I dealt with it was "just take it with a defensive cooldown".:D:D

• 3 months later...

I just back to this game... & i want get Sprint Chmapion but i think impossible..

what happened with Eternal Champion after 7.0 ?

i'm using update gear & level 50 Companion almost not pass level 1..

Eternal Champion is Old Content.. what they change so much & more difficult ?

what special from that one ?

Long time ago, i finished Eternal Champion without died in around 16 - 17 min... but now, i think that impossible..

any advice for this ?

Thank's