Increase the GTN credit cap already

black_pyros

Do it, please. I am not asking because I want to combat inflation and want the GTN's tax to work as credit sink for many items currently going for over 1 bil. If you care about that, the obvious most elegant solution is to introduce same tax to every player to player trade involving credits. There ya go, problem solved. But I don't want this thread to be about inflation or prices of items. There are many threads about that already.

The reason I am asking for this is the GTN is a huge convenience feature. If you insist on this ridiculously low cap, that convenience feature is negated. As a paying customer, I want to spend my in-game time to actually play the game and not stare on or spam various trade chats for hours, days, or weeks whenever I want to purchase something over 1 bil. And no, you won't force me to buy cartel coins to purchase the items directly. All you will accomplish is to annoy me and drop my sub.

currently 2000 CC seems to the be limit on a lot of items showing up on the GTN. Last December you could still find the occasional Hypercrate which was 5400 CC on the GTN.

in another six months I believe the limit will be less than 1000 CC for 1 billion unless Bioware takes inflation seriously.

This is going to negatively impact their Cartel Market sales which is the only reason this game is still active.

Raising the GTN cap would be great, but the player cap of 4.29 billion is making it impossible to trade expensive items in a single transaction because credits are that worthless.

Edited by illgot

Soon enough prices for many items such as master’s datacrons and hyper crates will exceed the 4.2b credit limit which will serve as an effective GTN cap if the current one gets raised. There are already lots of other items (mainly rare/old cartel market cosmetic items) over this limit as well which even with an increased GTN cap would not be able to be listed. I agree a raised GTN cap would right now be nice, but we’ll just be facing the same issue eventually. The only real solution is an effective method to reduce inflation and massively reduce the current amount of credits in the game.

Soon enough prices for many items such as master’s datacrons and hyper crates will exceed the 4.2b credit limit which will serve as an effective GTN cap if the current one gets raised. There are already lots of other items (mainly rare/old cartel market cosmetic items) over this limit as well which even with an increased GTN cap would not be able to be listed. I agree a raised GTN cap would right now be nice, but we’ll just be facing the same issue eventually. The only real solution is an effective method to reduce inflation and massively reduce the current amount of credits in the game.

Well, they can always increase not only GTN cap but character credit cap as well. I am not against combating inflation but all I really want is being able to play the game and purchase items I desire from GTN, not waste countless hours of my time in trade chats.

It's ridiculous, really. It's so medieval. It's like in real life if every time we want to buy something past our usual daily needs we would need to spam some trade chats to first see who has that stuff, then travel physically to some dedicated place far away and barter there or trade in cash instead of comfortably buy it online with our credit/debit card while browsing the internet. It's slowing down the economy, it hides prices and thus it harms the price competition, it's uncomfortable, it wastes our time.

Imagine every time you want to prolong your swtor sub, you could not subscribe on internet, you would need to travel to your local store first. But the price of sub would not be visible on some sign, you would need to find the dealer in the store first and then ask how much is the swtor's 30-days sub. "30 dollars", he answers. You reply: "That's a lot. Is the price negotiatable?" "What the ... do you think? We are a serious store. Go to a flea market you chump"... Yeah, this is how buying stuff over 1 bil currently works in swtor.

Imagine it were like this, how long would you stay subscribed?

Edited by black_pyros

Well, they can always increase not only GTN cap but character credit cap as well. I am not against combating inflation but all I really want is being able to play the game and purchase items I desire from GTN, not waste countless hours of my time in trade chats.

It's ridiculous, really. It's so medieval. It's like in real life if every time we want to buy something past our usual daily needs we would need to spam some trade chats to first see who has that stuff, then travel physically to some dedicated place far away and barter there or trade in cash instead of comfortably buy it online with our credit/debit card while browsing the internet. It's slowing down the economy, it hides prices and thus it harms the price competition, it's uncomfortable, it wastes our time.

Imagine every time you want to prolong your swtor sub, you could not subscribe on internet, you would need to travel to your local store first. But the price of sub would not be visible on some sign, you would need to find the dealer in the store first and then ask how much is the swtor's 30-days sub. "30 dollars", he answers. You reply: "That's a lot. Is the price negotiatable?" "What the ... do you think? We are a serious store. Go to a flea market you chump"... Yeah, this is how buying stuff over 1 bil currently works in swtor.

Imagine it were like this, how long would you stay subscribed?

We also have the issue of price discovery. No one knows what to charge for items over 1 billion credits so people flat out over charge. There is no visible competition so prices are usually higher than they would be if there was competition on the GTN.

Yes, you are all paying more credits than you should because there is no competition to sell items worth over 1 billion credits (a lot of competition to buy, none to sell).

So many people are worried about prices going up if the GTN cap was above 1 billion. Yes, some items will immediately increase. All those items that have been around 1 billion for months, they will increase, but many more will decrease because there will be price discovery and visible competition on the GTN.

I wonder how much this is impacting Bioware financially. People who buy items to immediately resell on the GTN have less reason and a more restrictive choice of items to buy because they have to stay under the 1 billion cap or stand around on fleet trying to sell their items manually.

Edited by illgot

I wonder how much this is impacting Bioware financially. People who buy items to immediately resell on the GTN have less reason and a more restrictive choice of items to buy because they have to stay under the 1 billion cap or stand around on fleet trying to sell their items manually.

I don't know but my guess is that it is not impacting them that much considering they are doing nothing on the subject.

As long as there are items to resell below gtn limit, they will still sell something. Sure, there are less specific sale+resells of items like armors/weapons/bundles as those are beyond the limit. Hypercrates can be resell by packs; and we are still far before a single pack hits the limit.

The only real solution is an effective method to reduce inflation and massively reduce the current amount of credits in the game.

I'd love to hear ideas from all and sundry about what that method could be, since I can't imagine what it could possibly be.

Really. I think the player-to-player economy is wrecked beyond sane possibility of repair.