New Player First Post: Bought too much Cartel stuff..... what do I do?

SahjhahLione

So I just got into the game and am loving it. I wanted to get some stuff in the shop because, well, it was tempting. Now my inventory is chock full and I feel dumb haha. Am I stuck with just a few more slots until I finish my class story or is there something I can do to make things more managable for now? Cheers :-)!

So I just got into the game and am loving it. I wanted to get some stuff in the shop because, well, it was tempting. Now my inventory is chock full and I feel dumb haha. Am I stuck with just a few more slots until I finish my class story or is there something I can do to make things more managable for now? Cheers :-)!

Your inventory is limited to 80 slots, but you can expand from the initial 30 or 40 up to that 80 at any time (just click the little button below the last row). It really is "at any time", and not linked to your progress in your story, although I'd advise not messing with it during a fight... ;)

You can also stash the excess items (that you don't want to carry with you all the time) in your character's personal storage, called "cargo hold". It's accessible from your class ship or or via the *green* kiosks on the Fleet, Coruscant/Dromund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, Odessen and a few other places. The *yellow* kiosks are for legacy-wide storage, accessible by any of your characters, but you can't put "Bound" items in there. ("Bound to Legacy" == yes, you can put them in the Legacy storage, but "Bound" means "bound to this character" == cannot be put in a shared place.)

Thanks for the reply :-). I'll look into the latter option because I did expand the inventory to 80 and have about 60 of those slots filled from that shop splurge 🤣. I'm not sure how long it will be until I get a ship, but this is a lesson indeed! Haha

Thanks for the reply :-). I'll look into the latter option because I did expand the inventory to 80 and have about 60 of those slots filled from that shop splurge 🤣. I'm not sure how long it will be until I get a ship, but this is a lesson indeed! Haha

You get a ship at the end of the class story segment on the second planet (Coruscant or Dromund Kaas), but you go to that planet using shuttles that take you first to the Fleet and then to the second planet.

You can take those shuttles as soon as you reach level 7, but can't get beyond the Fleet until you've finished your starter world class story.

Additionally, cartel market items are often unlocked in your "Collection" page.

If it's unlocked tehre, you don't have to keep the item. You can destroy it and pull it out of collections later

True. To unlock *Armour* from the Cartel Market, remember to wear **all** the pieces. A few sets have alternate versions of one or more pieces (usually chest with/without hood, chest with/without cape, and/or helmet variations), and for those, you have to wear *all* the pieces one after another.

Once you get to fleet you will be able to access your storage locker, otherwise known as a bank. They aren't hard to find, they are sort of green looking ATMs. The yellow one is shared storage between all your characters on this server which you will unlock later. The purple one is for Guild storage.

Your inventory is limited to 80 slots, but you can expand from the initial 30 or 40 up to that 80 at any time (just click the little button below the last row). It really is "at any time", and not linked to your progress in your story, although I'd advise not messing with it during a fight... ;)

You can also stash the excess items (that you don't want to carry with you all the time) in your character's personal storage, called "cargo hold". It's accessible from your class ship or or via the *green* kiosks on the Fleet, Coruscant/Dromund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, Odessen and a few other places. The *yellow* kiosks are for legacy-wide storage, accessible by any of your characters, but you can't put "Bound" items in there. ("Bound to Legacy" == yes, you can put them in the Legacy storage, but "Bound" means "bound to this character" == cannot be put in a shared place.)

also if in guild there is/should be one in guild stronghold or ship (if they have a ship), also don;t you get one for personal stronghold ?, but and you need to be level 15 to get one in the first place, you can enter stronghold as soon as your out of creation,saying this was a alt, or new creation and you already have a character with stronghold. I mean you gotta get outta the (can't recall name) no quick travel location first. All alts of the same faction can use it ,even other faction but you gotta pay then

Edited by Achnaatthree

also if in guild there is/should be one in guild stronghold or ship (if they have a ship),

Only if the guild has bought a stronghold or (as you say) a ship, ***and*** acquired the relevant decorations ***and*** installed the decorations in the stronghold/ship.

also don;t you get one for personal stronghold ?,

A legacy bank decoration is among the many decorations given if you do the level 15 mission to acquire a stronghold and visit it (or just visit it if you already have one).

EDIT: but a *cargo hold* (personal storage == "bank") decoration must be sourced from elsewhere.

but and you need to be level 15 to get one in the first place,

Incorrect. You can acquire a stronghold as soon as you have enough credits or Cartel Coins *and* can go to the Fleet.

That is, as soon as you reach level seven.

you can enter stronghold as soon as your out of creation,saying this was a alt, or new creation and you already have a character with stronghold. I mean you gotta get outta the (can't recall name) no quick travel location first. All alts of the same faction can use it ,even other faction but you gotta pay then

Incorrect. Only the faction-specific strongholds have the "must pay" restriction. All others are free to access from both factions.

The faction-specific strongholds are:

* Coruscant

* Dromund Kaas

* Vaiken Spacedock (Imp Fleet)

* Carrick Station (Pub Fleet)

Edited by SteveTheCynic

ahh, thanks for the corrections, dang, I was sure it was level 15

totally forgot only faction Strongholds was had to pay, been a while, forgot that's why when starting on a new account or server I just buy either the stronghold in Yavin IV or Manaan