Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Sentinel on the PTS!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

casirabit
07.29.2021 , 10:50 AM | #21
Jedi Sentinel- Combat-Load Out A
It seems to be about as well as the one I am used to. Forgive the chart but that is the way I compare the abilities.
Note: I am using the Descent of the Fearless Gear and I also went and upgraded the gear to 306. Yes, I had to start a chapter, but it was worth it to see how it stacks against my gear on live. As stated before, I only have 2 characters (out of 14) that is not in set gear or 306 in live so an accurate testing I needed to upgrade. (You should have this gear in 306 and easier for people to upgrade than having to accept a chapter and then going to Odesson)
Please answer the following questions:

• What abilities make the Sentinel unique to you?
One of the abilities that I have always loved is the twin saber throw and thankfully it is still there so I will give you a +100 on that. (This is the reason I play sentinel and the combat one)
• Do these ability paths feel effective against enemies?
• I did some chapters and various other items that I normally do, and it really didn’t seem like a problem. In some ways it seem that it worked better.
• If you have feedback on the different disciplines and loadouts, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.
Did Loadout A

Thank you!

(Sorry for the messed up chart. It was neater when I typed it in word but for some reason can't copy a chart from word to here)

Abilities:
ABILITIES OLD ONE NEW LOADOUT (A) LOADOUT (B)
ATARU MASTERY No Yes Yes
ATARU SAVVY No Yes Yes
AWE Yes No No
BLADE BARRAGE Yes Yes Yes
BLADE BLITZ Yes Yes Yes
BLADE RUSH Yes Yes Yes
CENTERING Yes Yes Yes
CLASHING BLAST Yes Yes Yes
COMBAT TRANCE No Yes Yes
CONTEMPLATION No No Yes
CYCLONE SLASH Yes Yes Yes
DEFENSIVE FLOURISH No No Yes
DEFENSIVE ROLL No Yes NO
DISPATCH Yes Yes Yes
DUAL WIELD Yes Yes Yes
ENERGY BARRAGE No Yes NO
EXCISE No Yes Yes
FORCE CLARITY Yes Yes Yes (Check the note below)
FORCE KICK Yes Yes Yes
FORCE LEAP Yes Yes Yes
FORCE MIGHT Yes Yes Yes
FORCE STASIS Yes NO No
FORCE SWEEP Yes Yes Yes
FOCUSED SLASH Yes Yes Yes
FORCE CAMOUFLAGE Yes Yes Yes (Check Note below)
GUARDED BY THE FORCE Yes Yes Yes (Check the note below)
HEROIC MOMENT Yes Yes Yes
IMMACULATE FORCE No Yes Yes
INSPIRATION Yes Yes Yes
INTERCESSOR No No Yes
INTROSPECTION Yes Yes Yes
JEDI ENFORCER No Yes Yes
LANCE Yes Yes Yes
LEG SLASH Yes No No
PACIFY Yes NO NO
PRECISION Yes Yes Yes
PUNCTURE No No Yes
QUICKNESS No Yes No
REBUKE Yes Yes Yes
RESOLUTE Yes Yes Yes
RIGHTEOUS ZEAL No Yes Yes
SABER STORM No Yes Yes
SABER WARD Yes Yes Yes
SNARING SLASH No No Yes
STRIKE Yes Yes Yes
SWIFT BLADES No Yes Yes
SWIFTNESS No No Yes
TRANSCENDENCE Yes Yes Yes (Check the note below)
TRAIL BLAZER No No Yes
TWIN SABER THROW Yes Yes Yes
VALOR Yes Yes Yes
VALOR BLADE NO Yes No
VALOROUS CALL Yes Yes Yes
ZEALOUS STRIKE Yes Yes Yes
ZEALOUS WARD No Yes No
ZEN Yes Yes Yes
ZEN WARD No Yes NO

Note:
Some abilities you must choose from:

Level 20 Choices:
Slash
Blade Barrage
Transcendence

Level 35 choices:
Swiftness
Quickness
Force Clarity

Level 70 Choices:
Blade Blitz
Guarded by the Force
Force Camouflage

For my playstyle on the abilities I need to choose from (since I refuse to do pvp so that is not a factor for me and therefore it does not have anything to do with my playstyle)

Level 20:
Blade Barrage
Transcendence

I would choose Blade Barrage over Transcendence but if Transcendence could be added in without having to choose from one of the others that would be great.

Level 35
Swiftness
Quickness
Force Clarity

Not sure about the other two but Force Clarity might be the one I choose on live even though I used Loadout A this time and I used quickness as there wasn't a choice right now. It seemed to be okay.

Level 70 Choices:
Blade Blitz
Guarded by the Force
Force Camouflage

For my choice I am not sure which I would use the most: Blade Blitz or Force Camouflage. I have rarely used Guarded by the Force and Force Camouflage I like at time to by pass some mods but as that is really not that big of a deal to me, I would most likely chose Blade Blitz.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

Andrewkuhn
07.29.2021 , 10:25 PM | #22
hi i thought it would be different than what it was. i do know what you are trying to make it simple but they are jedi it is like learning something that u spend years learning then you lose it but bad memory i wish it could a point system allowing you chose abilities but not the case. i find it too simple it is more like slash and grab game now

Nepthen
07.30.2021 , 01:26 PM | #23
Moved to the correct thread.

Nepthen Kesslyte
Old Republic Dads

JackieKo
07.30.2021 , 03:05 PM | #24 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi all,

If you have feedback to leave about the Jedi Sentinel, please leave it in the feedback thread. It's easier for us to track, log, and consolidate for the rest of the team to review. If there are multiple threads and/or various places where feedback about the Sentinel or Guardian are posted and they live outside the intended threads, that feedback could potentially get lost. Please keep info as consolidated as possible.

Thanks!
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Phkrm
07.30.2021 , 03:07 PM | #25
Greetings all, I'm saddened to see what is going on, as a solo player that has played each class, each advanced class, and the different trees. This appears to be nothing more Than an attempt to redo NGE. It killed SWG and already after playing am at a loss seems from my point of view that everything is nurffed to heck.
Oh ever jumping form to 75 does not help, I get my joy out of building and learning the specs, bosses and trees. Not building from the ground up really does not help. But anyways I gave it a try. and I will continue to try but if this is a repeat of swg. I am gone. No joy in the game after that.
Would have preferred a new few new races or at least some work on the interpersonal stories of the companion characters
Have done both the A and B side and find them both lacking and not up to par with the standing game am sorry to say.

RaynMayker
08.14.2021 , 04:39 PM | #26
moved to correct location

JamesOda
08.14.2021 , 07:44 PM | #27
Is the healing ability from burning for Watchman going to be there?
I play Watchman because of that although I like Combat more.

Also, having the option to take Intercessor will be nice.
I do not know other people, but having 2 leaps is must utility for me.