Where are the ship Tiers listed?

Night-runner

Could just be my failed observation skills, but what indicates which ships are T1, T2, T3?

There's nothing noted in game that you could use to tell which is which, because to the best of my knowledge they are not sorted in any obvious way. It's not alphabetical and it's not chronological. T1s are the first ones that came out, usually they are the cheapest to unlock with fleet req and were given by default when GSF launched originally. T2s cost double the amount of fleet req to unlock, originally. T3s came out last and cost the same amount as T2 ships

GSF launched Early Access with Game Update 2.5 with

T1 and T2 strike fighters

T1 and T2 scouts

T1 and T2 gunships

Everyone got a T1 strike and scout unlocked by default

Subscribers within the right window prior to 2.5 were granted a T1 gunship as well

Bombers came out with GU 2.6

T3 scouts and strikes came out with GU 2.7

T3 bombers and gunships came out with GU 2.8

Then I think with GU 5.5 everyone got a T2 gunship and T3 bomber unlocked by default along with the T1 scout and strike.

I know I would find it hard to refer to them by their in-game lore names rather than type, but it would probably be better if we did.

Ah, so the TX ratings are basically OBE at this point

For someone like me that started playing ~Gal seasons 1 when the Queues started popping more, it made zero sense

Someone from the SRW guild on Star Forge long ago (June 2016) sent a dwarf to acquire some minerals regarding the developed-but-never-launched Stealth class of ships. In the process some internal names for the ship classes were discovered:

Scouts:

T1 = speed

T2 = battle

T3 = support

Strike:

T1 = fighter

T2 = attack

T3 = command

Gunship

T1 = sniper

T2 = missile_skiff

T3 = attack_skiff

Bomber

T1 = mine_layer

T2 = drone_carrier

T3 = fighter

It was Yallia from SRW who made the post on the guild's Enjin forums but they went offline a few years ago, luckily I downloaded the whole web page for offline viewing. All credit goes to SRW who sent the dwarves to recover this information.