Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare, you have to make it clear when items rotate out from Galactic Seasons vendor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BioWare, you have to make it clear when items rotate out from Galactic Seasons vendor
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Damask_Rose
05.19.2021 , 07:19 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Wanted to chime in since there are some skewed perceptions and I would like to address them. I'm still here and still active though yes, I haven't been active in terms of publicly posting the last couple weeks.
I am sorry. I didn't mean to imply that you aren't busy. I'm sure you are kept very busy indeed, though I did wonder if you were being siphoned off toward other aspects of the business...

I'm an old woman who's been playing MMOs a long time. I remember the golden days when developers could actually be part of the community and didn't even have community relations managers. They could be silly and chummy and talk about whatever, without needing to have every word parsed by overseers. I do wonder if someone like yourself posted a lot, about all sorts of trivial things, if the "gold post" phenomena would be watered down enough that each word wouldn't be analyzed to death. I miss seeing staff engaging with the community on a friendly, casual, level. I don't want a corporate mouth piece, I want someone who I feel cares about the players, understands us, is one of us.
My name is Milind. I checked it again and can confirm you there is no bug with any companion in the game.

ElZaguero
05.19.2021 , 08:17 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
They didn't give us a schedule for Kai Zykken either. I'm pretty sure it's on purpose. These vendors -- and a lot of the interface "improvements" -- are following a mobile app strategy. I wouldn't be surprised if the 10 year anniversary was to make this game for mobile lol.

Also, I'm sure players will create a schedule once it repeats.
After what happened at Blizzcon 2018 with the announcement of a mobile version of Diablo called Diablo Immortal, no game company has any excuse for ever making that mistake again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50KBNQe5hTM

ElZaguero
05.19.2021 , 08:26 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
This seems to be one of the most popular lines used by the community team, to paraphrase 'I'm focusing on more important groups that don't include the forum users who are paying a subscription to post on the official SWTOR forums.'

Who are these more important groups and why are they more important that they get the focus of your time. In the past it was suggested it was influencers, the front page of the website has some getting to know these people but they were very sparse and haven't happened for a while. There was also the suggestion that people that use discord or reddit are more important and that is where the real feedback is found, if so put a link on the top of these forums and tell us to go there and we will head off there.

Or is it facebook and twitter, though having seen those the news feeds are a couple of line saying this week pirate incursion or last chance at double xp so it doesn't seem overly likely. But if this is the place to go, it kind of gives the impression that paying customers are not as important as potential markets. How is ignoring the customers base going, in an effort to chase this mythical player untapped player base.

Or could it possibly be the claim that whilst not here somewhere else is a line that is used to placate the fools on the forums. Much like every delay is because we aren't happy with the quality of the product and then its still a bug ridden mess but you know people will be cheering for delays cause it means a much high quality product. Even though it ends up just being a delay to allow a year with even less content and nothing to do with quality?

Cause it seems most the feedback on Galactic Seasons is ignored, whatever is planned for the 10th anniversary or the rest of the year is a mystery and that it looks like the story arc for this year is going to be Ilum v2. Much as Knights of the... was the Jedi story v2. Seriously Malgus has gone rogue, we threw him down a reactor shaft, he has magically been brought back to life and low and behold his gone rogue again. The entire decent story could have been summed up as an e-mail from Malgus hi, broken conditioning, picked up book and artefact, see you in 6 months for 10th Anniversary Ilum v2. So if there is any cultivating a relationship between feedback and the dev/story team it doesn't seem evident from the forums or the direction of the content.
Oh so very well said! Thank you, Costello, for calling them on their Bravo Sierrra. I especially like the first paragraph where you remind her that those of us allowed to post here are the ones paying a monthly sub.

We are tired of being ignored, and we need not be shy about saying so.

Tigz
05.20.2021 , 07:03 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I am sorry. I didn't mean to imply that you aren't busy. I'm sure you are kept very busy indeed, though I did wonder if you were being siphoned off toward other aspects of the business...

I'm an old woman who's been playing MMOs a long time. I remember the golden days when developers could actually be part of the community and didn't even have community relations managers. They could be silly and chummy and talk about whatever, without needing to have every word parsed by overseers. I do wonder if someone like yourself posted a lot, about all sorts of trivial things, if the "gold post" phenomena would be watered down enough that each word wouldn't be analyzed to death. I miss seeing staff engaging with the community on a friendly, casual, level. I don't want a corporate mouth piece, I want someone who I feel cares about the players, understands us, is one of us.
nice post. I DO remember the days when "forum folks" used to actually play the game and show up online and knew what players were talking about without the..." I'll get back to you after I discuss with dev team.... " times are a changin'
"Beyond an Elder... Vintage!."

supercometl
05.21.2021 , 04:28 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by JarenWelen View Post
I appreciate that there are good intentions here. And yes, communication from the dev team is unfortunately so rare that it does carry significant meaning when it happens. So, "communication means a lot; we will communicate less so that gold posts are more meaningful" is a bizarre take on the problem. "Communication means a lot; we will endeavour to communicate more frequently" is the response that we have been hoping to see acted upon for a long, long, long time. Gold posts do not need to always be important updates about the game, or even carry a huge amount of meaning. They do not need to say what is being worked on, address concerns, or make sweeping declarations about the state of the game. They can simply show that members of the SWTOR team are present, listening, and are part of this community, and inject a small amount of transparency that we sorely need.

Again, I appreciate that this was a well-intentioned move, but I do think it is the wrong one.

All the best,
-J
I was going to make my own post but I think you hit the nail on the head. Gold Posts mean a lot because we are STARVED for them. To me I would rather have 20 "thanks for the feedback I sent a summary to the dev team" copy and pasted posts in forums that just see a handful of "Hey guys, please be respectful"
Thank you for coming to my TedTalk

TrixxieTriss
05.21.2021 , 07:19 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by supercometl View Post
Gold Posts mean a lot because we are STARVED for them. To me I would rather have 20 "thanks for the feedback I sent a summary to the dev team" copy and pasted posts in forums that just see a handful of "Hey guys, please be respectful"
Jackie, I think this sums up how many of us have felt over the years.

ceryxp
05.22.2021 , 05:44 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Jackie, I think this sums up how many of us have felt over the years.
Just look at the dev tracker for Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO), a far more niche game that is almost 6 years older.

https://www.ddo.com/en/forums/post_t...ker=devtracker

In the past week there have been four post on the SWTOR dev tracker. In the same time frame there are 13 posts on the DDO dev tracker. In more than a few of those posts you will see that the Community Manager actually interacts with the community. And no, this is not increased activity due to an upcoming or recent update. This is normal activity.

DDO certainly has its problems but an absentee Community Manager is not one of them.
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Just your average opinionated, disabled, queer gaymer.