hammer station anyone?

hammer station hammer station hammer station hammer station hammer station hammer station hammer station HAMMER STATION IS MINE hammer station hammer station hammer station THIS IS BATTLELORD KRESHAN hammer station hammer station help help me hammer station hammer station run over the bridge run over hammer station hammer station hammer station hammer station

please... please...

no more

dear god no more

• 3 weeks later...

I recently started a Republic Character (on DM server) and yes, I got Hammer Station in GF but much less than in Imperial Side. On Imperial side it felt like 80% of the time lol

Which faction were you playing on? ;)

Edited by Balamb

hammer station hammer station hammer station hammer station hammer station hammer station hammer station HAMMER STATION IS MINE hammer station hammer station hammer station THIS IS BATTLELORD KRESHAN hammer station hammer station help help me hammer station hammer station run over the bridge run over hammer station hammer station hammer station hammer station

please... please...

no more

dear god no more

Am I the only one who hears the Adam West era Batman theme when reading the above?

• 3 weeks later...

I happen to really like Hammer station.

You get 3 bosses and a pair of turrets for main enemies. Easy peezy to run in run out re Q and do it again. It is fast loot. I love how simple it is to storm in storm out and do it again.

It is fast loot. Just need one salvage to hack the drill and one Slicer to hack the elevator. I just can not see why people would complain about a FP's as simple as Hammer station. Those 3 bosses are pretty simple to take down.

Hammer station is short and simple. 3 main bosses and a pair of turrets and your done.

It's not agonizingly long and boring like Kuat Station with only one boss and countless trash mobs.

Edited by Yoshuren

You get 3 bosses and a pair of turrets for main enemies. Easy peezy to run in run out re Q and do it again. It is fast loot. I love how simple it is to storm in storm out and do it again.

That rapidity is why this thread even exists, because lots of people (not everyone) are just doing whatever gets them the most loot in the least time.

Not everyone plays like that, which brings us to the next point.

It is fast loot. Just need one salvage to hack the drill and one Slicer to hack the elevator. I just can not see why people would complain about a FP's as simple as Hammer station. Those 3 bosses are pretty simple to take down.

People complain because they don't want to do the same [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] thing every single [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] time they queue up.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

• 2 weeks later...
During double xp repeatedly doing Hammer Station is fastest way to reach level 70 so you can skip over KOTFE/KOTET and go right to Jedi Under Siege. Doesn't have anything to do with loot. The give dps tank droops has never been fixed. So loot is mostly junk.

Incorrect. The *fastest* way to reach level 70 on a start-at-1 character is to buy a Master's Datacron bundle and use it.

But there's a *lot* of level 75s who have been using HS to raise their iRating, and segmenting Group Finder won't help reduce that.

I really can't understand why people pays 100-250 mil credits for Boost Token, besides many times i've been leveling a new character starting with Legacy Flashpoint boost by 3% each (i guess is around less than 500k credits) + Minor/Major Flashpoint Experience booster (usually cost 100k / pcs.) and you're ready to get into "Spammer Station". For 3 days i got 75th lvl. So, basically i just saved 100 mil :D

I really can't understand why people pays 100-250 mil credits for Boost Token, besides many times i've been leveling a new character starting with Legacy Flashpoint boost by 3% each (i guess is around less than 500k credits) + Minor/Major Flashpoint Experience booster (usually cost 100k / pcs.) and you're ready to get into "Spammer Station". For 3 days i got 75th lvl. So, basically i just saved 100 mil :D

Every FP gives fast XP for fast leveling. It doesn't have to be HS.

But gz on ruining everyone else's chances to get random flashpoints for three days. This is also the best way to keep the playerbase dumb and unskilled, as they get no real challenge or practise while they are leveling, which is the time they should actually be learning their abilities, cooldown usage and so on. I'm so happy when those people then join harder content and blame everyone else for wipes.

Incorrect. The *fastest* way to reach level 70 on a start-at-1 character is to buy a Master's Datacron bundle and use it.

But there's a *lot* of level 75s who have been using HS to raise their iRating, and segmenting Group Finder won't help reduce that.

Most people do not count the Master Datacron's when describing the fastest way to get to 70. They're a Pay to speed up leveling.

When people are describing fast ways to level they are speaking of actually leveling the characters themselves, not by a token.

People slamming this FP even though 90% random PUG I met performed horrible. Bunch of new players not reading their skills like lvl 40 not using their out of combat self heals, high lvl stealth toons not using out of combat CC and worst old players not using interrupt really??

In all spammable FP I play this FP is quite fun it teach me as a returning player how to use LOS and cover against Turrets in the bridge. This small things in FP makes SWTOR combat more fun especially I am playing w/ low lvl PUG.

I could see some Random PUG listening to my advice and doing teamwork taking cover and healing themselves then take turns against those turret then see some tunnel vision random shmuck not having situation awareness he is the only one dealing those turret ended being gun down.

Totally wish Bioware revamped the combat in the game so that people will use their skills correctly. I really don't understand why most FP bosses all their skills are uninterruptable seriously they got some few bosses that can be interrupt.

People slamming this FP even though 90% random PUG I met performed horrible. Bunch of new players not reading their skills like lvl 40 not using their out of combat self heals, high lvl stealth toons not using out of combat CC and worst old players not using interrupt really??

That's not actually what people are complaining about. The complaint is the very high fraction of HS runs in Group Finder, even if all the group members are level 75. People want to be able to get runs of something that isn't HS.

The reason why so many people select it as their sole choice at level 75 (that's what causes the bias ==> "Oh, let's see, four people without /ignore issues at the front of the queue, you want only HS, you three don't care, off y'all go to HS") is because of a strong imbalance in the rewards-per-time ratio when gearing up from 270 to 306. It's fast and easy and gives full boss loot.

Totally wish Bioware revamped the combat in the game so that people will use their skills correctly.

How exactly would they do that? You can't *force* people to learn. Try reading http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=633655 for a few pages.

I really don't understand why most FP bosses all their skills are uninterruptable seriously they got some few bosses that can be interrupt.

It's called Boss Immunity, with mechanics-based exceptions. Boss X is not interruptible because it's a simple spank and tank boss (and resisting interrupts is part of what makes it a boss), but Boss Y has this special ability you must interrupt as part of its mechanics.

I could see some Random PUG listening to my advice and doing teamwork taking cover and healing themselves then take turns against those turret then see some tunnel vision random shmuck not having situation awareness he is the only one dealing those turret ended being gun down.

Taking 'turns' against the turrets? Whuh?

The turrets are tough and take a while to bring down, but there's no special strat for them, other than CC'ing one of them if available. Other than that, it's a simple take down.

Maybe that's why people don't follow your 'advice'. 😉

Totally wish Bioware revamped the combat in the game so that people will use their skills correctly. I really don't understand why most FP bosses all their skills are uninterruptable seriously they got some few bosses that can be interrupt.

"Use skills correctly." I assume you accidently left out the "IMHO" part. 🙄

The bosses skills are often un-interruptible because otherwise there would be no "mechanic" to the boss. You need to use your skills 'correctly' to not just interrupt the boss, but to counter it's mechanics as well.

Taking turns against turrets is quite possible especially w/ lower lvl random pug.

What if your random pug doesn't have a CC?

You cannot always have an optimize group especially on a Random que and I have done this w/ lower lvl PUG. It always works for me.

It also help lower lvl new healer to heal their groupmate especially they have limited access to their skills.

Honestly FP itself needed a revamped why some lower lvl are taking veteran mode? Why story mode is lock on lvl 70 is just weird? Is FP lvl 10 necessary, no one has been queing on that FP?

What is wrong pointing out that Interrupt skill are rarely use in the game, some new players not reading their and asking for Combat revamped in the game?

There are bunch of FP boss skills that can be interrupt like Revan, Darth Serevin and Lord Kherus.

It is just weird all FP boss their skills cannot be interrupted, this kind FP boss mechanic feels lazy.

Taking turns against turrets is quite possible especially w/ lower lvl random pug.

I'm sure it's "possible" but is it necessary, or even a good idea. Obviously if everyone attacks, the turrets will go down faster.

The closest I've seen to 'taking turns' is that sometimes, if a player gets low on health, they will hide behind a wall for a while (or until the turrets are down).

A 'cc' is, in general, a "nice to have", not a "must have".

There are bunch of FP boss skills that can be interrupt like Revan, Darth Serevin and Lord Kherus.

It is just weird all FP boss their skills cannot be interrupted, this kind FP boss mechanic feels lazy.

Well, take the final boss in HS for example. It's main mechanics are a knockback and 'summon reinforcements'. If you could interrupt the summon, the boss would be left with only the knockback.

And yes, maybe there would be other ways to summon additional adds, but the un-interruptible summon works well enough.

I'm sure it's "possible" but is it necessary, or even a good idea. Obviously if everyone attacks, the turrets will go down faster.

The closest I've seen to 'taking turns' is that sometimes, if a player gets low on health, they will hide behind a wall for a while (or until the turrets are down).

A 'cc' is, in general, a "nice to have", not a "must have".

I do agreed sadly w/ my luck of my random pug and not paying attention to preset of grp. I have been party w/ 3 new players that doesn't know how to use their class skills even though they are lvl 40.

A random pug healer struggling to heal the grp or just not basically healing.

2 DD not using their defense utility and me who is lvl 75 w/ set that is a Jedi sentinel that is quite fragile. I have been the one tanking the turrets.

When I reach the 2 turrets, one DD suddenly ragequits so basically 2 random pug and me taking turns against those turrets. I have no time to re-summon my comp or reque.

This is also happen to my Sith Sorcerer in this FP and the Foundry. I basically played a role of necromancer keeping my meatshield or groupmates alive even though my role is a DD.

Definitely I could CC a turret in HS sadly a random pug will keep breaking my CC even though I told them not to attack my CC and that CC target even have some label on it.

• 6 months later...
Yes there's too much spammer station. After we reach a quota let's say 3-5 hammer stations per week, we should be able to deselect it AND still get full credit for a random FP. This should apply to both Vet and MM modes