Player Experience with Combat Styles/Weapons Combos Feedback Thread

JackieKo

• Dev Post

We would like a key focus to be the player experience with playstyles that were not possible pre-7.0. Please give us feedback on your experience with various Combat Style combinations including using weapons that you could not equip previously.

• Please leave feedback on any inconsistencies you are experiencing such as if something is not displaying correctly or not consistently.
  • While watching cinematics, are your weapons displayed properly?
  • If not, please list the Combat Style you are using along with the weapon(s) if you have equipped, and the scene in which you are seeing this issue.
  • Feel free to give general feedback on the overall experience with these combinations.

Thank you!

Edited by JackieKo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please give us feedback on your experience with various Combat Style combinations including using weapons that you could not equip previously.

• Please leave feedback on any inconsistencies you are experiencing such as if something is not displaying correctly or not consistently.
  • If not, please list the Combat Style you are using along with the weapon(s) if you have equipped, and the scene in which you are seeing this issue.
  • Feel free to give general feedback on the overall experience with these combinations.

Thank you!

can we get a clarification of this? Are we talking about using different combat styles on a class story not previously available? Because the way I read it is combat styles can now use different weapons? Which would be amazing but I didn't think was happening

Okay, I'd like the not used weapon/s by my other combat style to stay in it's EXACT position in my inventory. I keep my inventory organized. If I put it/them in the bottom lower right corner, I want it/them there for a reason, which is so I don't sell or delete by accident. Every time you swap loadouts, it randomly places the not used weapon in a new location. Want to really make lives easier? Add a lock.

Mixed bag for proper cinematic stuff. Smuggler with a Operative Combat style worked fine. They pulled out a cutscene blaster just fine. However, a Jedi Knight with a Shadow Style did not work well. When they pulled out a saber in a class cutscene, their hands were in the right position for a single blade but nothing showed. However, no issue in a generic cutscene

We would like a key focus to be the player experience with playstyles that were not possible pre-7.0. Please give us feedback on your experience with various Combat Style combinations including using weapons that you could not equip previously.

Thank you!

Solaris Legacy reporting for duty. :) Okay... so I copied my JC Gia-Sade a Shadow on to the PTS and gave her a secondary Guardian Spec. All good, got her a single saber (the new ones are gross BTW) and ran Secrets of the Enclave as a Focus Guardian. What fun! :)(One major bug, my Comp {Arcann} completely vanished in the first Boss fight) switched him for Senya after, no problems. But Arcann is her Sweetie.:(

Finished the FP in record time (yays) but I can't switch back to Shadow. :eek: Uhhh...

So I went to newly created PTS toon Gray-Test Solaris... He was made for testing Guardian so I added Shadow got my ship, and proceeded to skippity-skip to Ossus tried switching to Shadow and nothing happens... Austin we have a problem...

Edited by JakRoanin

can we get a clarification of this? Are we talking about using different combat styles on a class story not previously available? Because the way I read it is combat styles can now use different weapons? Which would be amazing but I didn't think was happening

Pretty sure they are referring to combat styles on cutscenes showing the wrong weapon that might make no sense for your combat style.

Like someone described here in the Jedi knight story as guardian you can have a cutscene where you hold your lightsaber in front of you with both hands, that doesnt work if your combat style is shadow so you have a double edged lightsaber.

Swapping combat styles doesn’t put your abilities back into the position you have placed them.

Ie, I swap from Jugg to Sorcs and back again to Jugg and it doesn’t put my abilities back where I had them. So you have to re-sort your abilities on the task bar if you have them in certain positions and key binds. Making it extremely inconvenient to swap combat styles.

It also doesn’t go back to the discipline you previously had chosen. Ie, I’m a rage Jugg, but when I swapped to Sorc combat style and back to a Jugg it automatically applied the Vengeance discipline instead of Rage. I also had to go through and re-do the ability tree choices.

Can you please make it so it goes back to the correct discipline and our abilities go back to the slots we put them in and save it as well as our ability tree.

Also please link our keybinds to the combat style so when we swap, the keybinds swap too. There by making the transition seamless so we don’t have to fiddle around with things if we swap combat styles.

It also annoyingly removes the sprint ability from the task bar when you swap and you have to go back into general abilities to pull it out each time. If it can recognise other general abilities like Quick travel and fleet pass, then it should recognise sprint as well.

Bug report : when swapping back to rage, it didnt put the ravage ability on the taskbar even though it’s the lvl 35 choice in the ability tree. I had to keep going into the abilities and manually drag the ravage ability to the task bar.

Bug report : when you swap combat styles it unticks your unify colours on your outfits.

Not sure if a bug or not.

Accuracy isn’t applying the base amount in the upper details of stats. So 1,628 accuracy shows as 9.18% instead of 10.18%.

Where if you go to force and melee stats it actually is applying the base accuracy and shows 10.18%.

So what is it really applying in game? Is it, 9.18% accuracy or 10.18% accuracy.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

so I copied my telekinetic sage to PTS and got the quest to a) switch to dark side if I wanted to and b) choose a second combat style - that all worked fine BUT

when creating loadouts (I did one for serenity shadow and one for tele-sage) I couldn't switch loadouts AND couldn't switch back to sage via the combat style tab...

(stuck with shadow I created another loadout within this CS for infiltration- which I could switch too --- so my take is, you maybe cannot switch between loadouts when said loadouts are based on different combat styles?? If that is the case then loadouts seem even less appealing to me as they already do because of the problems with the ability placement on the quickbars...)

Two issues so far:

One, abilities no longer indicated if they needed a specific weapon class (on a Jedi Knight story with Shadow) - taking an upgrade training saber can lock you out of breaching shadows, hover over there says wrong weapon but not which to use.

Second - When I levelled up to 4 on Shadow it rearranged, while in combat, my main taskbar (as opposed to adding new abilities or powers at the end) - project went into the second slot as far as I can tell and pushed the current second slot to the fourth.

Unsure if this is the right thread for it, but I still think its valuable feedback...

With combat styles, I expected to be able to use the group finder and check all the roles my combat styles supports. For example:

combat style: sith assassin (dps, tank)

combat style: sith sorcerer (dps, healer)

I should be able to tick all three roles. As my character can do all three. Especially with the new system to have several loadouts, swap instantly. Group finder should support this and know my character can do more than my currently selected combat style.

Why? Well, maybe because I am happy to fill any desired role for the content.

Having copied one of my 75s from Live to Test, I had the 2nd combat style mission available on my level 18 scoundrel bounty hunter. Unfortunately, I can't see any way of switching to the second style (gunslinger) - I have tried moving to the Nar Shadda stronghold, and to using the Fleet "Skill Mentor", but while I can switch between the 3 scoundrel "disciplines", I can't activate the gunslinger style.

EDIT: I did "exit to fleet" then went to the cargo bays area, and here I was now able to swap to Gunslinger.

So - it doesn't seem very clear exactly where style switches are permitted -- I thought it was supposed to be any rest area?

Edited by Ancaglon

On a transferred character (Warrior juggernaut) - had mad dash even when those abilites were set to saber reflect. Saber reflect did not appear.

This did not reoccur after swapping disciplines but if there's a way to save quickbar setups I'm going to need to learn it. It possibly did on a saved loadout.

Also improved mounting global unlock didn't work on imported char.

Edited by Antonine

My first impression is...

I did not get to pick my abilities when I logged on for the first time on my copied character. Some abilities were changed on my quickbars too... it's... extremely confusing.

We need to be able to pick our abilities when we first open the skill window IMO. I don't want the game to pick things for me. Also it's not clear how to CHANGE the default choices (I'm... still looking. No seriously. How do you do it?).

The ability tree is confusing as heck too. What's the difference between the left column and the right column?

Loadouts - might want to use another term than "copy" your loadout. Maybe "save" would be less confusing.

I do like how you can change your discipline right from the skill tree.

Something that's bothering me - if we're a force user that want to chance their primary combat style, we're forced to pick a second one. I do not like this. There needs to be an option to "not pick a secondary combat style at this time."

My feedback for the little time I have had this week:

(1) You can choose your abilities at your stronghold and they will stay. (Bug might cause them not to)

(2) My ability bar should remember what my other combat style was. This having to change my ability bar just because I change my combat style-Not good-Will not be used that much if we have to move the abilities all the time.

(3) Loadouts-They need to remain in all slots for the loadouts. I have two loadouts- One for my healer smuggler and the other my dps bounty hunter. Two different types of gear and they should stay in the loadout not in the inventory.-This needs to be fixed.

I have created two loadouts each with different abilities on the main ability bar, labeled 1-9 for hot keys. The ability on #1 is different for each loadout, however, when I swap between the two, it does not change and keeps the original starting ability.

Then when attempting to swap between combat styles and back, it completely forgets my loadouts and just mashes all the abilities in random places. It also forgot all preset abilities that I had already chosen for that loadout.

For added context, I'm only swapping between deception and hatred for Sin DPS.

Also, when swapping between loadouts, it duplicates all of my abilities. I have 17 Force Shrouds in my abilities view.

This is definitely not good and needs more work.

Edited by xJediRyanx

So this problem isn't exactly about whether or not the sniper rifle shows up correctly during a Smuggler scene, but about something that affects the new mission given after you decide your second combat style as a force user.

So the mission {A Change in the Force} is given as an option under the Combat Styles tab in the Character screen, displaying whether or not your toon wants to swap their interests to the light or dark side, depending on what the second combat style is.

When I was unable to play the conversation and threw me into the map, I thought it was still a WIP and I wasn't supposed to be there, but after talking about it in chat, I was wrong.

A bunch of testing and character copying later with the person that was able to play the conversation trying to do their best to aid me, and I came to the conclusion out the mission is bugged.

For reference I was a Neutral Consular with the Shadow discipline as my primary from the live server and the secondary combat style of the Sorcerer--which I will be denoting for easier reference a Shadow Sorcerer, with the order of these disciplines respective to the primary and secondary combat styles--when this issue first occurred.

I tried again with a Light V Jedi Knight and started the mission as a Guardian Marauder. I was given the same results.

One final attempt with a Dark V Sith Inquisitor and started the mission as an Assassin Juggernaut...It still failed to render.

The person that was able to get the conversation for {A Change in the Force} was a Light V Sage Guardian.

TL;DR - {A Change in the Force} is bugged and won't work for different legacies, no matter what parameters I try to get it to work.

I read about it happening with Assassin I believe it was, but Gunslinger seems to not have skills going on the quickbar as well.

Also, been awhile since I played my Smuggler Gunslinger, but didn't take cover grant a force field cover when I didn't roll to cover? This was on a Trooper.

Edited by SithKoriandr

First Day Testing Feedback, Sith Inquisitor Assassin

- Trainers are confusing right now. I think abilities are granted automatically. If so, please remove trainers all together - because right now as a Sith Warrior Assassin to "see" my upcoming abilities I need to go to the Sith Inquisitor trainer - as a new player I don't know that I am a Sith Inquisitor and the Sith Warrior trainer had nothing for me.

- A friend made a Sith Warrior Shadow and it also sent him to the Inquisitor to train Shadow abilities.

- First cutscene shows my double-bladed [Apprentice Practice Staff] hurray!

- Sith Warrior in the quest Arm Yourself where you go to the tomb, you pull out a Sith Warblade - it is like a Single lightsaber. But hen I go to equip it, it is a double-bladed monstrosity nothing like in the cutscene.

- Quest Learning from the Beast aslo sent me to the Sith Warrior trainer who had nothing for me.

- I reached light one through making light side decisions. I saw the lgiht i achievement pop up. When I looked at my character sheet, it showed I had barely filled out the bars - I thought it would fill up a whole bar 1/5 if I got light V. Light one was at 350 (might have been 300 i might have just overlevelled it). Next tier is at 2,000.

- I am a Sith Warrior Assassin. My friend was an Agent Operative. She joined my group. I got the Agent buff autmatically. However, when I joined groups with my other friend who was a Sith Inquisitor Juggernaut, he had all the legacy buffs unlocked he wanted to share with me - but when we joined up, I only got the Sith Warrior one, instead of all four which he was trying to share when grouped with me. Does this mean in operations you will have to try and get all four class types in your group to get all the buffs for everyone?

- Leveling feels faster. I decided not to transfer a character over so I was starting with a "pure" level 1 character. It feels almost as fast as ony live when I have all my buffs and special xp armor and stuff like that. I was only completing class quests on the test server, no side quests.

- I felt I was getting abilities at a decent pace as an Assassin though I heard for some other classes its less balanced. Strangely at level 6 I got nothing then at level 7 I got two? As a new player its just funny how that works.

- A friend asked me if I had picked a discipline yet. So I opened my Combat Style window to try and pick one at level 8. I could not click them and I did not know why I could not click them there was no warning or anything. My friend said as a level 1 powertech they could switch, but on their sith they could not.

- As a fresh level 1 character am I supposed to have to the Training in the Force quests to "Meditate on my style of combat"? I thought that was for characters and players who had completed chapter 3. I can't see my legacy yet so I can't tell if I somehow accidentally auto completed it on another character beforehand.- In the Sith Warrior quest The Final Trial i pull a single bladed lightsaber out of the creepy tomb of Naga Sadow. When I get my quest rewards it is a double-bladed lightsaber [Assassin's Double Bladed Lightsaber]. Right item for my Assasin but wrong weapon in cutscene.

- Update: Once I could crate my legacy at level 10 I saw that I had "Bounty Hunter Chapter 3" unlocked maybe from transferring a character in an earlier round of PTS, is that why I had Mediate on the Force quest available? My friend(s) says she didnt not have it available.

- I got the item modfication quest automatically. I thought we were kind of moving away from that system. The double-bladed lightsaber I got was also moddifiable.

- RE: changing discplines. My friend asked me at level 10 if I could change discplines. I was on Dromund Kaas and i still could not. I returned to the fleet and I could. This was very unclear and I would not have known unless my friend told me.

- As a level 11 Deception Assassin I got Mind Control. If we are looking for abilities that a low level character doesn't need as a dps, that's one that can be cut.

- In the quest "Laying Waste" as a Sith Warrior with a double-bladed lightsaber I was excited, my correct weapon showed, but then I stabbed myself with it when I went to sheath the weapon at the end of the cutscene. SCREENSHOT: https://imgur.com/lXWsfJW

As it has been stated before, I was checking out the combat styles and I find it slightly annoying that I have to rearrange my abilities each time I switch (sorc madness to mara carnage and back again). I am guessing it is WIP and a fix will be in place. I do like the idea of switching but not if I have to spend 5mins moving abilities all over the place each time.

I copied a lvl 75 Dark III sage to the PTS. My legacy does not have the Dark V achievement.

I was given the option to choose a secondary combat style on log-in; I had no option to change by primary style from sage to sorc. I did have the option to choose any Sith style as my secondary style. However, when I chose Sith Assassin, and left the selection cutscene, my character completely bugged out. I did not have a secondary style of any kind, any attempts to change my ability tree reset themselves immediately as soon as I closed the window or chose a different tab, and the combat style UI, when I moused over the empty second style, displayed a message telling me I was still on the quest to choose one. The quest itself was gone from my log and not regainable by any means I could see.

Edited by Quething