Gearing Feedback

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Main gearing acquisition and upgrade flows are now on PTS!

• How does the flow of acquiring gear feel?
  • What are your thoughts on the pace to acquire gear?
  • Feel free to leave general feedback as well

Thank you!

Edited by JackieKo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we get more details on this? I logged into the PTS and am seeing the same gearing vendor with 318 gear. Was there suppose to be a quest for upgrading gear? I saw the Weekly Operation missions, Flashpoint/Uprising missions and Weekly PvP missions. Are these supposed to be the main method of gear acquisition?

At first glance, I like the new approach to gearing. Its seems mostly fair and somewhat straightforward to understand. Might need to make it more clear that weeklies are repeatable though, because that's gonna trip up a bunch of inexperienced players that think they can only do a weekly once per week like has been the case for the past 10 years.

Ops Boss Drops

By far the biggest concern I have is needing to move back to loot lists or some other sort form of loot rules to efficiently and fairly distribute loot with my raid team. I loathed doing that in prior expansions. It was extremely tricky and annoying to be both fair and efficient while accounting for absences, new team members, and substitutes, and had the potential to create a lot of drama and confusion. I don't feel that moving everything to personal drops does much to address this problem and makes it more tedious when trying to distribute loot. The set bonus drops in 6.0 were acceptable because only a few members could even use the gear and it almost never was BiS anyway.

Personal loot drops do ensure fair distribution over time if you don't trade anything, but it isn't efficient. If you have a new team member who has less gear, they are gonna be perpetually undergeared and drops other players receive might not be as beneficial to them as they would be for the new team member (Columi to Rakata is less of an upgrade than Tionese to Rakata). If someone is behind on gearing, other team members will have to give up their gear in order for that player to gear up efficiently, which sacrifices fairness. I also don't enjoy nagging people to gear faster or be unable to reward the players that do gear faster.

I strongly prefer if all loot is completely personal and untradeable so that we wouldn't have to worry about this at all. I know this will result in less flexibility and greater inefficiency, but I know I will end up distributing loot according to complicated loot rules if I am given that opportunity. I would accept a sort of middleground toggle where you can choose to give all loot to a single player (untradable) that could be enabled at the beginning of an operation, no exceptions, so that people who just want to gear up a buddy can still do so. That sort of toggle is too unfair for me to use on a regular basis.

Legendary Items Mission

That Legendary Items Technological Advancements mission is pretty long. It's not too bad if you only have to do it once per Legacy, but it's insane if you have to do it on every toon. VM and MM ops neuro-key points also don't reflect the difficulty increase. Make it so MM ops bosses give 10 points instead, or maybe even higher. I feel like 1 MM Operation + Conquest should be enough to complete the mission, especially if you have to do it on every toon. Not a fan of Solo Ranked providing so much less than Group Ranked either. I think Solo Ranked should match whatever MM Ops bosses give and then Group Ranked should be even higher than that.

Gear Vendors

I don't get why there's a separate vendor for FP and Conquest upgrades if they both use the same type of gear. If the vendors are gonna be smart and only show you upgrades you can afford, why not just use a single PvE upgrade vendor for all types of PvE gear? Honestly though, it seems like the upgrade process would be better handled through crafting or the item modification stations than a vendor, but whatever.

Ops Weeklies

I think it would be good to reexamine how Weeklies for Operations work. I think requiring players to kill every boss in an op is fine for SM and VM (though it seems you only need Zorn and Toth for the EC weekly), but it's a bit of a harder ask for MM since final bosses tend to be much more challenging, especially while people are still gearing and clearing individual bosses is still somewhat momentous outside of a few easy bosses. Might be better to structure the MM Ops weeklies like staged bonus missions where you get a box for the first 2 bosses in that op, then another box for the next 2 (or maybe just mats), and then a box and mats for the final boss. Maybe a bigger box every 3 bosses instead for ops with an even number of bosses. The only MM Op where this would be a bit easy to abuse is S&V, though you could do 3 bosses per stage with that one. Everywhere else has at least 1 hard boss per 2 encounters.

Alternatively, you could just shift more of the emphasis for gearing to actual boss drops instead of weeklies for MM.

Pacing

I don't have any comments about the rate at which gear is earned at this time. I have not tested it yet.

Edited by DarthEndonae
Formatting, forgot a sentence

Thank you!

The Junk And that is what it is, the conquest 'so-called' Conquest Gear is, is in a word, a disgrace. I swear Ms. Ko I'm not trying to be a witch with a B, but this is just flat out wrong. I get gearing through conquest isn't intended to give you BiS stats. Okay I can begrudgingly accept that, but why are the lower sats so badly optimized? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Taking away our ability to mod, and adjust our gear is a travesty, spitting in the faces of loyal paying customers! Not to mention that the prototype gear has the exact same stats as the green!

Whoever came up with this was wrong. Very wrong. I don't expect anything to change in Feb. But there had better be some long meetings and plans to get this mess fixed.

Please give us the ability for all players to mod our gear in 7.0. This static gear is rubbish and not worth time trying to get. My 306 gear is better optimised,

You could add Mods to the mods vendor at their current highest iRated gear for each type or you could just switch all the static gear to a moddable model so we can pull stuff out and replace it from other gear we pick up (like the current green 268-272 items in the live game).

Please listen to this feed back. NOBODY wants this static gear. PLEASE switch it to a moddable version with the same irating.

How does the flow of acquiring gear feel?

Very problematic, we are going from doing an MM FP and getting drowned in rewards and feels great, which some might be useful some might not and we ll just scrap into a currency to further progress our gear goals to maybe getting one item per boss.

You dont feel your time is rewarded as much anymore and that contrast is very big between the current system and 7.0 and people will feel the lack of rewards a lot, this happened in WoW shadowloands season 1, WoW was never generous with loot and the further nerf to rewards caused a huge outcry and exodus to the point devs had to reinstate the previous loot system.

I feel it might be worse in Swtor because swtor has been very generous, and going from that to 7.0 its gonna be problematic.

At the very least, we should be able to scrap gear we dont want for a currency we can use to buy gear/upgrade so at least, the time doesnt feel wasted and can be used to further our power progression in some way so that currency never loses its value similar to tech fragments.

Even when you are fully geared tech fragments have value due to being able to buy crafting mats for augments or to buy gear for alts, that means the currency is never worthless and your time spend getting it was worth it.

What are your thoughts on the pace to acquire gear?

It might feel decent right now that it takes a while to grind to max but I would highly suggest to reduce the pace so it takes longer to upgrade and increase the rewards so we dont feel our time is wasted when we do content, so in a sense the pace would be similar, you just adjust both ends.

Specifically because I dont believe there's anykind of bad luck protection meaning at some point you are bound to keep getting items you dont need while trying to target few specific slots, that makes you feel like your entire time spend was completely wasted, a major issue.

In addition upgrade currency has a major flaw, because at some point that currency because worthless either because it is capped per week or because you have a ton of it but nothing good to upgrade, that leads to your time spend feel wasted again. Consider making it work similar to tech fragments, can be received by scrapping loot and lets us buy base gear to further upgrade for our alts or crafting mats.

Feel free to leave general feedback as well

Raid or die model is very outdated, a design philosophy who mainly survives because due to being the norm rather than because it is embraced or supported by the market.

I will start by pointing out the success of Solo que LFG systems in mmorpgs, these allowed people to experience and enjoy content they previously wouldnt because it was locked behind the social barrier of social interaction, many of us including myself just want to log in, do some content we enjoy and get rewarded for our time.

High end raiding was never very popular even though it was highly incentivized by locking the best rewards behind it, a major reason behind that is just like the pre solo que LFG era, it requires social interaction many of us want to avoid, we just want to have fun and progress our power, but a raid or die system means that our power cannot be progressed to max unless we force ourselves through the uncomfortable and unfun process of social interaction in order to enjoy max gear progression.

6.0 system even though RNG has been great for power progression, because it means no matter what we do, WE ARE REWARDED FOR OUR TIME, we are closer to reaching that 306 max perfect power. I agree reaching that was far too quick, the pace was far too fast, I could gear to 306 in just a week or two so I absolutely agree the pacing needed fixing.

But it allowed everyone to experience the joy of max power progression something that will no longer be available in 7.0 unless they force themselves to do high end raiding, which I personally will but historically speaking casuals never get pushed into high end organized group content no matter how great the rewards art because the social barrier is this much of a problem, many either quit or accept they ll never get it even though they want the rewards, or some buy boosts.

So please very seriously reconsider this approach to gearing, give everyone the chance to reach max ilvl based on the content they desire and simply make high end raiding be way faster in terms of pacing. The pace was very quick which could explain why many people reached 306 and felt there was not much to do in 6.0, so if you fix the pacing, the gearing system in 6.0 might have been perfect.

There is also a thread talking about mmo devs pushing casual/solo mindset players in group content in the mmorpg site which you may find interesting to read because I know many mmo devs seem to have trouble comprehending the idea that some enjoy mmorpgs with a solo mindset.

And based on the fact that solo ques have been a giant success in getting people into content they wouldnt otherwise touch, I am assuming that belief is also supported by the market which makes me ask, why are we not focusing more on that group and instead try to force high end raiding on everyone who enjoys power progression?

Why not give everyone the joy of power progression via grinding? With easier content being slower in pace it means they spend that much more time to reach that max rating and power, why are you cutting their power progression short and telling them they should do high end raids if they want more? Because we know most of the casuals will never do that, instead they will stop playing or bothering, but if that max power was achievable they would have a reason to continue and spend more time ingame.

In addition I honestly am not sure why there is no stat diversity in the available gear, why dont we have 3 types of boots per content, one with alacrity, one with crit and one with accuracy etc, why is stat customization taking a huge hit right now? This is imo a major issue that should be very easy to fix.

Edited by ralphieceaser

can we please have the ability to slot different sets of upgrades in our armour shells?

eg,

bank 1: we slot endurance/absorbtion armour/mod/ehnacements (for tanking)

bank 2: we slot crit/accuracy (for melee dps)

bank 3: we slot crit/alacrity (for healing)

And then for each loadout, instead of picking different armour; we can select which bank to use;

This will be a lot better than having to manage multple sets of armour and having to set aside valuable inventory space for them.

Additionally; can set bonunes from armour be removable items installed in shells so they can be removed and fitted into cartel and/or other armour shells.

First - why do my characters copied from live have worse stats on the PTS (306 gear)? I mean, doing the same content at 80 on PTS is harder than on live at 75 with the same gear and it's just not right.

Second - I ran Secrets of the Enclave in story mode and got a hazardous matter catalyst from a trash mob. I'm guessing it's not intended (but if you could randomly drop SOLO upgrade items in story mode FPs that would be swell).

Third - still doing Secrets of the Enclave - I got a flashpoint upgrade part from a boss. I play solo. I have no desire to get flashpoint upgrade parts from a STORY flashpoint. Give us CONQUEST upgrade parts. Or even better, give us the CHOICE!

Fourth - currently on live, running a story flashpoint at level cap with basic green gear has a high chance of giving us upgrades. On PTS... total disappointment. You'd have to run one two or three times to get ONE piece of the lower level flashpoint gear. Ugh. So awful.

Otherwise, I said it before, but a 999 cap on medals of commendations is VERY lame. The reward for completing CQ on more than 4 characters is a total joke too (25k credits and 100 tech fragments... Seriously?).

At this rate, it's going to take YEARS to gear up our alts for people who have a bunch. That it's bound to legacy is a joke for "conquest" players because we don't get drops, so we'll have to upgrade everything from scratch for every single character. And also I have absolutely 0 interest in wasting 5 minutes putting gear in and out of the legacy vault every time I switch characters.

For soloers with a lot of alts like me... the system is a total disgrace. Not even fun to play alts anymore when gearing is going to take years and there's basically a joke of a reward for going through 100.000 CQ points after the 4th alt.

This system is going to make me stop grinding altogether. I'll do GS2 and maybe 100,000 CQ points on 4 toons and log for the week. I'll end up playing less because there's no point starting something that will take me YEARS.

For a game that encourages making alts, it's a slap in the face.

Edited by Pricia

Additionally; can set bonunes from armour be removable items installed in shells so they can be removed and fitted into cartel and/or other armour shells.

There will be no set bonuses on Armor shells as of 7.0 and lvl 80. Set bonuses will be linked to implants instead. So you don’t need set bonuses for cartel Armor.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Bad gearing, my 306 sin has better stats than 318. im not sure what the thought process is. It takes a very long time to get the neuro leveled.. i solo, dont care for ops. but i shouldnt be penalized for playing solo. Which ,atm, feels like i am. My chars lhave to redo skill bars every time i swap loadout. that is not any fun. the whole idea of the swap is plain silly. if i want to play sorc instead of sin..i'd log it in. Losing skills i use is kinda bad too. this seems like a big telephone pole shoved up my.... We are now being told that if ya want top gear and you solo/casual play..yer outta luck.

Bad gearing, my 306 sin has better stats than 318. im not sure what the thought process is. It takes a very long time to get the neuro leveled.. i solo, dont care for ops. but i shouldnt be penalized for playing solo. Which ,atm, feels like i am. My chars lhave to redo skill bars every time i swap loadout. that is not any fun. the whole idea of the swap is plain silly. if i want to play sorc instead of sin..i'd log it in. Losing skills i use is kinda bad too. this seems like a big telephone pole shoved up my.... We are now being told that if ya want top gear and you solo/casual play..yer outta luck.

Another major issue here, what about master mode chapters?

Specifically ones with hard bosses such as Kotet Ch2, if tertiaries are worse in 318 than current 306, that might make certain solo dps content impossible mathematically for certain specs and suddenly you have solo players NEEDING best gear for challenging solo content while NIM raiders dont.(Since best gear is a reward for the nim boss kill therefore it has to be mathematically possible to beat)

Edited by ralphieceaser

Specifically ones with hard bosses such as Kotet Ch2, if tertiaries are worse in 318 than current 306, that might make certain solo dps content impossible mathematically for certain specs and suddenly you have solo players NEEDING best gear for challenging solo content while NIM raiders dont.(Since best gear is a reward for the nim boss kill therefore it has to be mathematically possible to beat)

ESPECIALLY as they require us to do some chapters in veteran mode for Conquest.

Let that sink in for a minute. They're nerfing solo gear but are asking us to run harder contents for rewards.

That is definitely a problem. I tried this today on my Jugg which I can do on the live servers in proper gear and ALL my current 6.x class abilities/utilities.

It is impossible to get through with either the 306 gear or the 318 gear. I don’t know if it’s totally a gear issue though. My Jugg felt clunky without all the 6.x abilities/utilities. Vicious Throw is now mostly useless all fight and I’m missing reflect to keep a DCD.

This is something I brought up when they first started to prune abilities and mash up utilities. BioWare will not have the time or money to go back and properly rebalance every bit of content in the game around these changes. So they shouldn’t have even made them 🤬

To add insult to injury, solo players not having access to modded gear to customise their stats will make the current hard solo content even harder and nigh impossible in some cases.

Thank you!

I like to do different content. Sometimes flashpoint queues are just dead, even as a healer or tank. Sometimes I want to solo stuff chill and sometimes I'll do some minor group content.

Will it be made clear in later updates how to do different content, like conquest or flashpoints and the best path to upgrading gear if you do both types of content?

currently I dont feel it very clear on how to do all the content and NOT mess up your gearing, especially if you are new to the system and maybe you overwrite or delete something or get confused and upgrade something wrong because of how the vendors work, I feel it would be nice if there was a guide or explanation on how to do all the content and new shoot yourself in the foot - since there are weekly limits put in place now on how many materials you can get etc.

- It feels a little confusing mixing and matching the different types of gear drops. I really dislike the way that you need to keep upgrading conquest gear to the "same piece" or you get locked out of the conquest upgrade path. So I got 320 conquest gear and then I get some 320 items in a flashpoint and an upgrade crate to make a 322 flashpoint piece. Now I'm kind of buggered that some of the gear has to be upgraded in flashpoints or I have to buy and upgrade that piece from the conquest vendor if I don't do any more flashpoints. And then you find out that vet FP gear is a lower max item rating that conquest, mm FP, and operation gear... ***?

-The cost of conquest upgrades seems way too large with the aquatic resource matrix gain methods. It's hard to judge with just a few days on the PTS, but looking at the cost of every upgrade and the methods of getting the resource, it feels like it's gonna take like 40 hours of game time to just upgrade stuff using the conquest route.

-Really dislike how the weekly missions work for operations to get the gear upgrade. I hopped into a EV SM and didn't remember to pick up the weekly. Nobody in group could share the weekly, then after we killed 2nd boss I hopped out to grab the weekly just to find out I don't get it anyways because I need every single boss kill. Then I looked at EC and you only need to kill the first boss!?

-Overall, I'm not optimistic this will be an enjoyable system for people who don't find out the optimal way to upgrade. For those people who find the best places to grind, it might be a decent system, but for those who just play the game it's going to be frustrating and slow imo. It looks like there are lots of tweaks a player can do with the right knowledge and multiple alts to farm up at a reasonable pace.

-I really think the rigid nature of upgrading gear will be a source of frustrating. I have a crit 324 ear piece but I realized I'd like it to be accuracy? Can't upgrade that to a 326 accuracy, it has to be crit or I start over again. I'm guessing it won't be too horrible for flashpoint and operation gear as you have RNG giving you a small chance to get an accuracy ear piece at your current item rating, but that is not fun with how little gear drops to hope you get what you want. Then there is the whole complexity around getting 326 when vet FP only goes to 324 irating and the ONLY way to upgrade it is to go do mm flashpoints or operations and convert your gear. You can't even go back to the conquest track without starting over on that gear.

-I like the reduction in the weekly requirements for flash points to make up for the weekly reset, but I still find it is overly punishing having to do 3 vet FP or 2 mm FP just to get 1 upgrade with a hard cap on 3 upgrades a week. This is totally bogus! We went from people spamming hammer station in sub 15 minutes for an upgrade to rolling the dice on if it'll take 50 minutes or 1.5 hours to finish 3 vet FP to get 1 upgrade and some currency towards another upgrade in the future. Do you realize that sometimes you get a group where it takes +40 minutes to finish a flashpoint or you actually never finish?

-I basically did my grind to 306 gear as a new player around the launch of 6.1 and just brute force spammed my way up to 306 one incremental upgrade at a time... I love how you plan to make 7.0 where you earn a minimum irating of 318 or 320 without needing a deep knowledge of the game. I haven't actually tested on PTS how this works for people not wearing 318 gear or higher that don't know there is a vendor to buy the base gear at, but I assume from what you've said once a player is level 80 they'll always get gear from flashpoints at this irating or higher.

From what I could tell (and someone correct me, if I'm wrong), but the main method of gearing is going to be through Weekly quests. For example you have a Weekly for TFB SM that gives a Tionese Loot box, one mission for TFB Vet that gives a Columi Loot Box and a mission for Weekly for TFB Master mode that gives Rakata Loot box. Similarly you have a Weekly mission for completing 2xMaster Mode Flashpoints (might have been 3) that gives a loot box (a blue quality) and a Weekly for Veteran Flashpoint that also gives a lootbox (green quality).

The Veteran Flashpoint mentioned that this weekly could be completed 3 times per week. I did not find the same text on any of the operation or Master Mode flashpoint weekly. So I'm not sure if all missions can be completed 3 times, or just the veteran flashpoint mission.

Similarly there are weeklies for unranked PvP, solo ranked and group ranked.

The Lootbox description states that it will give you an item based on your lowest item rating gear. So I imagine, that if you complete the Weekly 3 times on one toon and one time Master Mode weekly. That's four piece of gear on one character in one week, just from the missions. This excludes any gear that may drop from the bosses. Repeat this process on 3 toons and you have a full set of gear in one week.

The implants that have the 'set bonus' comes from a mission, so you won't be farming for those. You simply pick up the mission and go about doing your thing. From the tasks, you should be able to complete the implant mission in one week. Unsure if you can do the mission more than once per week.

I didn't get a chance to check the Heroic quests, but I imagine that there are gears tied to Heroic quests or planetary weeklies most likely, and I would imagine it works the same way. Meaning, if you do a mix of Flashpoints and Heroics, you will be well on your way to gearing up in about a week or two. I will check on the Heroic missions later on when I get a chance to check on the PTS.

I don't understand why people are being penalized for not getting into raids. Simply put, you either devote a ton of time to this game doing raid content, or go home.

Some days I have the time to do raid content, and that's all well and good. Some days though, I only have time to do a single flashpoint, and now it feels like I'm being penalized for doing those FPs.

As someone said earlier the Raid or Die game model died out years ago, so why is this game going back to it? I get the concept that BiS gear should come from the most challenging content, that's fine, but why does it feel that the devs are saying "play our way or gimp yourself to hell and back".

It's going to really suck when I have only a few hours or less for a week and fall behind on my raiding, then try and get into a raid and realize that my gear is sub-optimal because the devs won't allow us to casual on occasion.

From what I could tell (and someone correct me, if I'm wrong), but the main method of gearing is going to be through Weekly quests. For example you have a Weekly for TFB SM that gives a Tionese Loot box, one mission for TFB Vet that gives a Columi Loot Box and a mission for Weekly for TFB Master mode that gives Rakata Loot box. Similarly you have a Weekly mission for completing 2xMaster Mode Flashpoints (might have been 3) that gives a loot box (a blue quality) and a Weekly for Veteran Flashpoint that also gives a lootbox (green quality).

The Veteran Flashpoint mentioned that this weekly could be completed 3 times per week. I did not find the same text on any of the operation or Master Mode flashpoint weekly. So I'm not sure if all missions can be completed 3 times, or just the veteran flashpoint mission.

Similarly there are weeklies for unranked PvP, solo ranked and group ranked.

The Lootbox description states that it will give you an item based on your lowest item rating gear. So I imagine, that if you complete the Weekly 3 times on one toon and one time Master Mode weekly. That's four piece of gear on one character in one week, just from the missions. This excludes any gear that may drop from the bosses. Repeat this process on 3 toons and you have a full set of gear in one week.

The implants that have the 'set bonus' comes from a mission, so you won't be farming for those. You simply pick up the mission and go about doing your thing. From the tasks, you should be able to complete the implant mission in one week. Unsure if you can do the mission more than once per week.

I didn't get a chance to check the Heroic quests, but I imagine that there are gears tied to Heroic quests or planetary weeklies most likely, and I would imagine it works the same way. Meaning, if you do a mix of Flashpoints and Heroics, you will be well on your way to gearing up in about a week or two. I will check on the Heroic missions later on when I get a chance to check on the PTS.

Yeah there's no weekly for solo players that straight up gives you a set piece. Which again makes it even worse for people who solo and want to gear up their alts.

The heroics... it's just one planet and gives you upgrade material, that's all.

So disappointing.

I'm a solo player with a lot of alts and everything about the changes screws over both parts of my playstyle.

Edited by Pricia

I don't understand why people are being penalized for not getting into raids. Simply put, you either devote a ton of time to this game doing raid content, or go home.

That is the core problem here.

When raidloggers are treated special and receive the best gear for just raidlogging and barely doing much else, while others can spend 20 times the amount of time ingame and get inferior rewards you have a serious problem.

The non-raidlogger's time is not rewarded equally, if anything by capping non-raidlogger's rewards you are pretty much saying if you dont do raids, you never get to enjoy max power progression.

For many of us, power progression is what keeps us playing, 6.0 pace was ridiculously fast so power progression to max was quite quick, if the pacing was a lot slower and possibly weekly limited people likely would keep doing content for longer instead of just jumping to another character which is a great thing for swtor since you can jump and use the gear you farmed for them but in general the pacing did feel quite fast.

Conquest imo needs to be upgradeable to the same max rating as OPS, that means you get that weekly max irating item per week and IN TIME, you will also achieve maximum gear progression if you happen to not be doing ops so yes OPS players get their max rating faster, but EVERYONE has access to max power progression so there is no divide.

And this design intended division degrades the community, look at WoW if you want example, the continuous divide between casuals and hardcore types has only gotten worse because WoW has fully embraced the divide based designed where the l33t get best loot and casuals get garbage, it turns the community into a toxic mess full of elitists, tryhards and people who insult each other casually and measure their value by comparing epeens, and that is coming from someone who has done mythic and has been doing 20+ keys some months ago on multiple characters

As I play more the gearing progression really feels like a drag and way too grindy. Every item on the conquest path takes 60 aquatic resource matrix to upgrade past 320 and if you do a weekly heroic or daily area you get something close to 45 (it varies), which isn't even enough to upgrade one piece. As someone who doesn't have extensive knowledge of the fastest way to complete these it's 30-50 minutes for me to complete one of these weeklies, and I don't even get 1 upgrade.

Flashpoints don't feel any better, especially when the group finder flashpoint doesn't end up counting towards the weekly. Since the difficulty of most master mode flashpoints is challenging in 320 gear on PTS, doing 2 mmfp aren't any faster than 3x vet fp unless you get lucky with what's on gf. So again, looking at potentially at 40-70 minutes to get one item rating upgrade and a bit of currency towards another upgrade.

Really not liking it now that I see it in game. I thought the whole idea of the weekly missions giving guaranteed upgrades would be like 20 minutes and you get an upgrade, so 1h would get you 3 upgrades for the week and then your progress would slow down. That seemed fine, but now I'm looking at 3x the length of time commitment and it's linked to a mission that resets every week.

General feedback: A step backwards not forwards.

- You are forcing players to do a limited amount of content.

- Gear is now split between conquest, pvp and pve...which causes problems for people like me who do all 3....

- No more secondary system is in place (renown) which actually non-invasive and allowed to build up 2nd sets of gear for other characters but now we cannot

- Green and Blue gear can contain the same stats, huh?

- Let me play the content I want and slowly get gear through doing the content you offer instead of limiting the content?

- Disintegrating duplicates should yield far more materials than current

- Role in need rewards are yet again a meme just like the pointless credits attached to them.

At level 60, the option to choose loot discipline finally opened up. This seems a bit late, since after you unlock the second combat style once, you can then unlock it on any other characters at level one. It also seems a bit hit or miss. Sometimes I get gear for the discipline chosen, sometimes for the one equipped. I really hope there will be a pass-through lower-level equipment before this goes live. Using combat styles from the opposing faction, and other story lines seems to cause some issues with some random gear. I've still yet to come across a blaster pistol or a shotgun to actually use my second combat style. I know there are ways around it, but you'd think with the loot discipline selected I'd get something, but I've not even seen a shotgun through the lower-level content on the empire side.

Just finished Makeb as a Bounty Hunter running as a Vanguard Shield Specialist with the Scoundrel/Ruffian loot discipline selected. My reward was a blaster pistol with defense stats. :confused:

Edited by Heavy_Time
New Data

I really loved the 6.0 gearing scheme. It was complex but everyone got to gear in their own way. The approach in 7.0 is more tedious and confusing in spite of its simplicity, I've spent considerable time on PTS doing both Class missions with a new level 1 character, and also level 80 missions. It feels a bit like a new coding team was brought in with no gaming background and this is the best they could do. Cut all the features out until they get a minimal set of routines they can code.

Ok I got to ask - why is 318 gear so awful compared to 306 gear? I mean sure, I have augments, but it's the basic blue ones... 318 should still be better.

Is there even any point in upgrading?

Edited by Pricia