Have to admit I am really disappointed. Subscribing doesn't unlock new races??

Habskilla

Which you don't have to do to advance your character. You could go over to the mission terminal pick up a mission. Click the quick travel to that area (its free) complete the mission which in most cases gives you the reward without having to travel any place else. There you go credits to buy whatever you want. You can even buy pretty power from those people that are selling cosmetic items on the GTN.

What pay not to wait is only available from the CM? Everything can be bought in game for in game currency or given to you for completing quest?

Again you don't have to pay anything more than your sub to advance your character.

The GREAT part about allowing CM items to sold on GTN is that it allows those that don't have same disposable income as other people people to get all the pretty power they want.

You're caught up on 'have to,' which simply doesn't matter. If someone opts out of the cash transaction, the mechanic none the less remains monetized. The player who opts for the grind instead of the cash transaction endures a purposely sabotaged quality of life, on top of their subscription. This is the problem.

It's everywhere; every pay-not-to-wait transaction in the game is an act of sabotage against subscriber quality of life.

Remember, monetization isn't just a hard paywall. It's often soft paywalls, where players are frustrated into paying past grinds.

Monetization 101: The 'free' grind in any monetized system is always tuned to incentivize financial transactions. Subscribers have every core system festooned with 'free,' but monetized mechanics.

Galactic Seasons is nothing but monetized Conquest, and a giant front for the cash shop. Companion levels, tech fragments, end-game Augs, crafting, credits, and XP/RXP are all either directly or indirectly affected by cash transactions past a subscription.

any Pay not to wait mechanic doesn't devalue my sub. I pay to play the game. If someone wants to waste Real life money to speed up some grind it doesn't affect how much my subscription is worth.

So you want SWTOR to be a single player game?

No the single player aspect is one of the only parts of KoToR I was not referring to... as it's clearly not applicable.

There isn't any MMO out there great at anything. Go to any game forums and see the same post. New expansion with changes. Death to the game. You don't listen to the player base. Why is X class so OP and Y class so weak. There not enough content. You need more OP. You need more PVP.

I play SWTOR for the story, no other MMO in my opinion has as great of a story as SWTOR. When I get bored with it, I cancel my sub and uninstall the game. Maybe in 6months or 5yrs I'll come back and see what is going on.

Being realistic there is no way for BW to produce enough story content to make everyone happy. Just the pure amount of man hours involved in creating story content vs what every player wants. Personally I want more tough choice like Trooper story asteroid prison colony A-77 with Jaxo. What I don't want to is to be Austin Powers in SW. Some people what to be Austin Powers in SWTOR and want more of that type of content. I don't ,which was my because complaint about KotFE. Anytime I talked to anyone it was do you want to shag now or shag later.

You are making justifications for a company that could do almost any thing they wanted with this game...if they chose to do it. Make no mistake its all about the developer choices, there is no magical barrier keeping them from investing time and resources into the game its simply that they are siphoning enough money off the player base and not being held accountable to do better in this case by you.

You also established why you are ok with it...you don't play consistently and only one type of content. All you would have to do now is spend a few coin on the Cartel Market occasionally and you are literally the target audience of this games design...of course your happy with that.

Problem is that a lot of MMO players do not follow that scenario and when they go so does your game access. Overall game health is important and this game is Meh at best when viewed as a whole.

You are making justifications for a company that could do almost any thing they wanted with this game...if they chose to do it. Make no mistake its all about the developer choices, there is no magical barrier keeping them from investing time and resources into the game its simply that they are siphoning enough money off the player base and not being held accountable to do better in this case by you.

You also established why you are ok with it...you don't play consistently and only one type of content. All you would have to do now is spend a few coin on the Cartel Market occasionally and you are literally the target audience of this games design...of course your happy with that.

Problem is that a lot of MMO players do not follow that scenario and when they go so does your game access. Overall game health is important and this game is Meh at best when viewed as a whole.

They could do anything they want with the game is very true. Unfortunately there are two huge factors that come into play. One: What the major of people want and are will pay for. Not everyone wants the same things. All the PvPers, PvEer or RPers don't want the same thing. The same group of players you interact with might but not the whole community. Two: It still takes time and resources to do anything. You seem to think that they have an endless supply of both. Or should people at EA/BW not get paid so you can be happy? If you believe that, give me your boss phone number. I will let them know your customers happiness is way more important than your pay check.

No point in continue this debate with you. Clearly you thing EA/BW owes you everything you want for your sub. They don't owe you thing other than access to THEIR game. If you don't like THEIR game cancel your sub and uninstall. At the end of the day it is THEIR game. Not yours, not mine. Unless you own stock in EA.

You're caught up on 'have to,' which simply doesn't matter. If someone opts out of the cash transaction, the mechanic none the less remains monetized. The player who opts for the grind instead of the cash transaction endures a purposely sabotaged quality of life, on top of their subscription. This is the problem.

You are using words outside of their usual meaning that people attribute to them. I have read several threads in which you have posted in the past. Seeing evil where none exists, getting outraged over run-of-the-mill things...

You also seem to think other players should not have any options you don’t approve of.

They could do anything they want with the game is very true. Unfortunately there are two huge factors that come into play. One: What the major of people want and are will pay for. Not everyone wants the same things. All the PvPers, PvEer or RPers don't want the same thing. The same group of players you interact with might but not the whole community. Two: It still takes time and resources to do anything. You seem to think that they have an endless supply of both. Or should people at EA/BW not get paid so you can be happy? If you believe that, give me your boss phone number. I will let them know your customers happiness is way more important than your pay check.

No point in continue this debate with you. Clearly you thing EA/BW owes you everything you want for your sub. They don't owe you thing other than access to THEIR game. If you don't like THEIR game cancel your sub and uninstall. At the end of the day it is THEIR game. Not yours, not mine. Unless you own stock in EA.

Your right about one thing...we are not going to reach common ground.

If you get some time go watch some of the discussions about WoW from several of the Streamers whom are now moving to other games. SWToR isn't even on the radar of the average MMO players as its considered by the masses as inferior to WoW, Final Fantasy and even Elder Scrolls online which are all either potentially equal to or even lesser known/valued IPs... I'm sure EA/Bioware is proud of that... Not likely.

That said players are starting to move away from WoW because that company has become complacent and started using existing players nostalgic attachment to their game and not wanting to give that up as leverage to justify substandard and in some cases terrible design decisions.

Bioware has done that from the very beginning w/ the Star Wars IP.

You are using words outside of their usual meaning that people attribute to them. I have read several threads in which you have posted in the past. Seeing evil where none exists, getting outraged over run-of-the-mill things...

You also seem to think other players should not have any options you don’t approve of.

I use words like 'monetization' in the same context EA does. My position is simple: people paying $155.88, year over year, for a 'PREMIUM' experience (all-Caps theirs, not mine), shouldn't have their game mechanics monetized beyond the subscription cost.

Edited by FlatTax