Esports

azusaf

I am sure you are tired of hearing this. However, with the current..... let's say STATE of Activision Blizzard, a large portion of their playerbase has decided to leave WoW. With that, there lies a huge possibility they decide they cannot get the viewership or participation to hold their Esports. That means the players and viewers are going to be looking for somewhere else to go. SWTOR has such great potential when it comes to Esports. The PvP system already feels better than WoW's (in my opinion as well as many others I had surveyed). With the new expansion bringing a new Operation, this brings the opportunity for a race to world first event, such as the event WoW has. RWF is even a community event for WoW, Blizzard just acknowledges it as an event.

This is coming from someone who has participated (and currently does participate) in WoW Esports, and knows quite a few of the past and current WoW Esports folks. There is so much potential there. Prizes for events (such as PvP) wouldn't even have to be that much (if/when it becomes bigger, then the prizing can be considered for increases). Prizing could start out as something simple like a plaque for the winning team and a few thousand cartel coins, maybe some in-game recognition, a world first achievement and title, or so many more options!

It would be so easy to set something like this up and coordinate it with the community. I think if it came to it, having something players could aspire to (such as watching the events, or even getting the opportunity to play in the events) would bring in so much more attention to the game and has the potential to bring in so many more players.

I would love to talk more with some Bioware folks about this and explain how the events could be organized, how they could be run, as well as the pros and cons of having the events. Thank you!

More just the 4v4 arenas in general, or even a 3v3 system for the Esports. Like I said, I have a lot of ideas that could totally work. It would just take Bioware being willing to make Esports happen for the game and for them to see how much it could actually help out the game.

• 1 year later...