Its December! Let the countdown begin! 7.0

SaerethDL

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woot my hype meter is over 9000... 13 days left! :eek: How are you preparing? are you excited? are you disappointed?

I've been here since before launch. I have a few "try it first" characters who I'll run the new content with first because there will be bugs that won't get fixed until after New year's. I'm looking forward to some aspects like weapons in outfitter, but I'm not excited about the new gearing system as a mostly solo player who groups occasionally.

I've been here since before launch. I have a few "try it first" characters who I'll run the new content with first because there will be bugs that won't get fixed until after New year's. I'm looking forward to some aspects like weapons in outfitter, but I'm not excited about the new gearing system as a mostly solo player who groups occasionally.

its not really a new gearing system as it is modified version of the old system before command/renown that was far better. and rewarding to keep player actually interested and invested in playing because of the linear progression. Onslaught was flat progression after you got to 306 other than get your set pieces mods and amplifiers set you had nothing to improve so no point of running content unless you wanted achievements and some cosmetic things. As a solo player I can see where you are coming from as it is not appealing to you but at the same time you do not need max gear or best gear if you are not running max content. I could see where PVP'ers are more mad about it technically but we are months away from their major overhaul coming in feb or march. So who knows what that is going to entail.

Definitely excited

-Powertech in trooper storyline gonna be great, always preferred the republic but their tech classes were meh

-The balance in pvp is about to change by quite a lot due to how a lot of classes are losing dcds/mobility/cc, well expect of cough cough mercs cough cough

-New gear grind, always enjoy that unlike some people who seem to hate farming gear in an MMORPG

-Cant wait to make all sorts of builds with the new and improved talent system that affects our core skills

Woot my hype meter is over 9000... 13 days left! :eek: How are you preparing? are you excited? are you disappointed?

the countdown has been going on since they announced they had plans for 10th anniversary during the onslaught announcement event at that star wars event 2 1/2 yrs ago. 90% of the player base thought it would be an expansion the other 10% thought it would be the end of the game.

its not really a new gearing system as it is modified version of the old system before command/renown that was far better. and rewarding to keep player actually interested and invested in playing because of the linear progression. Onslaught was flat progression after you got to 306 other than get your set pieces mods and amplifiers set you had nothing to improve so no point of running content unless you wanted achievements and some cosmetic things. As a solo player I can see where you are coming from as it is not appealing to you but at the same time you do not need max gear or best gear if you are not running max content. I could see where PVP'ers are more mad about it technically but we are months away from their major overhaul coming in feb or march. So who knows what that is going to entail.

Don't know how many times the bolded has to be debunked. Raiders don't "need" max gear either. You can clear raids with less than optimal or optimized gear.

Gear is a REWARD, NOT a REQUIREMENT.

Now, if you're selling carries? Then absolutely.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this shapes up. I agree with you on gearing progression for PVE. For those who continue to attack posts such as this all I can say is get over it. The current system didn't work and needed to be changed. It's happening whether you like it or not.

For the PVP overhaul, they should go back to having the PVP stat. Don't want a WOW situation where mythic raiders are ruining PVP.

Edited by oslek

I'm looking forward to seeing how this shapes up. I agree with you on gearing progression for PVE. For those who continue to attack posts such as this all I can say is get over it. THIS BENEFITS MY PLAYSTYLE, SO YOU MUST LOSE FOR ME TO WIN.The current system didn't work and needed to be changed. OPINION It's happening whether you like it or not.

For the PVP overhaul, they should go back to having the PVP stat. Don't want a WOW situation OH IRONY where mythic raiders are ruining PVP.

So it's ok that: Casuals, RPer's and Crafters get the "no content" shaft?

By advocating for "end game" raiders to get the best gear, you are, in essence, soliciting for the very situation you seem to oppose vis-a-vis PvP.

IOW, you are the Cow, arguing for the Butcher.

So it's ok that: Casuals, RPer's and Crafters get the "no content" shaft?

By advocating for "end game" raiders to get the best gear, you are, in essence, soliciting for the very situation you seem to oppose vis-a-vis PvP.

IOW, you are the Cow, arguing for the Butcher.

Coming from a raider who will never get the BiS gear, and has tested on the PTS. BiS will be useless to casual solo players because of how the stats will work on the various planets. The only planet it would possibly affect is Manaan since it is the level 80 planet. I'd have tested it on Manaan in the daily area, but it never was put on the PTS.

Your stats on all other planets will be DOWNBOLSTERED to the point that even in 318 gear you will lose Mastery, Endurance, Power, Critical, Accuracy, and Alacrity when on ALL other planets (what I mean by this is a stat cap, that is different for each planet). Yes even your Tertiary stats are being downbolstered in 7.0, unlike what we have on the live server in 6.0.

Based on this information, unless you actually are doing NiM content, you really don't need the top tier of gear, and shouldn't even bother worrying about it. Ignore it like I will, and just play the game and have fun.

For casual Group players, BW has already said that most other content is balanced around 318 gear. (I take that as all but NiM Ops, and possibly the new Raid when it comes out), so I wouldn't be concerned about 1 Tier of gear either. All other content should easily be beatable, and you'll still have a sense of gear progress as well, up to whatever max your style of content has.

Edit: BW definitely needed to do something different from the gearing in 6.0. The RNG fest that was 6.0's gearing system was one of the worst gearing systems I have ever played.

Edited by Toraak

I've been here since before launch. I have a few "try it first" characters who I'll run the new content with first because there will be bugs that won't get fixed until after New year's.

This is a good plan. I am stealing this plan as I always rush in with my main and end up having a less than stellar experience due to bugs. You'd think I'd have learned over the decade...:rolleyes:

Anyone got a "bug bingo" ready?

are you disappointed?

No, not yet, I still have 13 more days. ;)

Aside from changes that I may or may not end up liking I want some in game cosmetic items for the expac launch:

• Rancor sized bottle of bug repellent.
  • Bug swatter.
  • Bug zapper.
  • Bug killer.
  • Ithorian pest management technician companion.

Ahem, not that I expect the launch of 7.0 to be anything but flawless of course. :rolleyes:

Honestly, as long as they don't accidentally break GSF while changing other stuff I'll be fine, unless they drive off so many people that the queue dies.

Edited by Ramalina

Aside from changes that I may or may not end up liking I want some in game cosmetic items for the expac launch:

• Rancor sized bottle of bug repellent.
  • Bug swatter.
  • Bug zapper.
  • Bug killer.
  • Ithorian pest management technician companion.

It could be worse...

If it was launching closer to April 1st, I'd almost expect them to change every enemy in the game into a Killik, Geonosian, or Colicoid, just to really have fun with bugs in the game...

I'm looking forward to seeing how this shapes up. I agree with you on gearing progression for PVE. For those who continue to attack posts such as this all I can say is get over it. The current system didn't work and needed to be changed. It's happening whether you like it or not.

For the PVP overhaul, they should go back to having the PVP stat. Don't want a WOW situation where mythic raiders are ruining PVP.

Huh... It's funny you should say that, because my 4 mains (guardian tank, arsenal Merc, lightning sorc, and Sage healer) are all in 306 set piece gear with 300 augments. Do I need it considering 98% of the time I'm playing solo? No... Do I need a candy painted Dodge Charger on 22's just to drive back and forth to work? Absolutely not, But I like the look so I set a goal and did it. Just like BW said I could "play my way" so I set a goal, and did it. Seems like it worked for me. I slowly got equipped with the best gear in the game by playing content I enjoyed.

You're obviously more concerned with PvP stats anyway, so why don't you focus on that and stop worrying about what solo players need.

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

Not excited. Don't like changes that are coming to conquest (more work, less rewards), gearing (decent gear locked behind specific content), content rotations and level synch (I expect slog presented as "challenge").

I'd like to be plesantly surprised but I expect to be disappointed.

Coming from a raider who will never get the BiS gear, and has tested on the PTS. BiS will be useless to casual solo players

BiS is useless to everyone, raiders dont need it either because you dont need the best gear to clear a raid, so this excuse is destroyed, raiders are simply entitled and believe they deserve special treatment simply because they raid, it is not the first game where we see the raider entitlement where they believe they are somehow special and should have better gear and everyone else should have inferior gear aka at the expense of the majority.

Here's the thing, I often do high end content because I like gear progression in any mmorpgs, I NEVER was insecure or entitled to be annoyed that casuals get to be on the same gear level as me, if anything that is good because it shows the only difference between us is how good we play the class, now unfair gear advantages some will simply earn by getting carried by their guilds or just for credits.

BiS is useless to everyone, raiders dont need it either because you dont need the best gear to clear a raid, so this excuse is destroyed, raiders are simply entitled and believe they deserve special treatment simply because they raid, it is not the first game where we see the raider entitlement where they believe they are somehow special and should have better gear and everyone else should have inferior gear aka at the expense of the majority.

Here's the thing, I often do high end content because I like gear progression in any mmorpgs, I NEVER was insecure or entitled to be annoyed that casuals get to be on the same gear level as me, if anything that is good because it shows the only difference between us is how good we play the class, now unfair gear advantages some will simply earn by getting carried by their guilds or just for credits.

But raiders are special cause they are simply better players that got there by investing a lot of time, sweat and tears.

Coming from a raider who will never get the BiS gear, and has tested on the PTS. BiS will be useless to casual solo players because of how the stats will work on the various planets. The only planet it would possibly affect is Manaan since it is the level 80 planet. I'd have tested it on Manaan in the daily area, but it never was put on the PTS.

Your stats on all other planets will be DOWNBOLSTERED to the point that even in 318 gear you will lose Mastery, Endurance, Power, Critical, Accuracy, and Alacrity when on ALL other planets (what I mean by this is a stat cap, that is different for each planet). Yes even your Tertiary stats are being downbolstered in 7.0, unlike what we have on the live server in 6.0.

I HATE level scaling and this is even worse. It removes that great feeling you got when you were rewarded with an armor piece or weapon that was about to make your grind easier . If the enemies I fight on Dromund Kaas are just as difficult to fight at level 50 as they are at level 10, what's the point? It defeats the entire purpose of player progression.

Edit: BW definitely needed to do something different from the gearing in 6.0. The RNG fest that was 6.0's gearing system was one of the worst gearing systems I have ever played.

I agree, but this wouldn't have happened had they stopped following WOW's lead with every expansion. WOW adds RNG, SWTOR adds RNG. WOW scales back RNG, SWTOR scales back RNG. There was nothing wrong with the gearing system when the game released. It's true that you can't make everyone happy all the time, but flip flopping these systems every few expansions only manages to anger everyone. Pick a system and stick with it.

Edited by oslek

I'm preparing by tracking down quest armor for incomplete sets before they get rid of it all. I joined a conquest guild because I won't bother trying to get conquest on more than one character any more. Hopefully they will be a good source of HM flashpoints so I can work on the new social levels without going outside of my guild. I probably should work on optimizing my 306 gear better since it's better for 99% of content than anything I'll be able to get until Bioware flip flops again.

Right now there is far more I'm not looking forward to than I am looking forward to. The only things we got to try out on the PTS were negatives, we didn't get to see any of the changes that might be positive.