Galactic Seasons Feedback

JackieKo

Just a Note:

For the Daily Black Hole which requires 6 missions (which means they have to do the heroic )- That actually means you are doing the weekly.

Missions for Black Hole (Republic side)

1. Criminal Crackdown

2. Counter Eco-Terriorism

3. Eyes and Ears

4. Forced Labor

5. Stolen Victory

6. Chasing the Shadow (Heroic)

I do believe the weeklies on these should be added as some people do not do some of those activities and no matter how you tried to "push" people will not do something they don't like.

Edited by casirabit

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

We wanted to clarify info based off of the feedback we have been seeing regarding the Fleet Penthouse Strongholds.

Over the course of PTS, we increased the amount of tokens that you were able to receive during the season from 12 to 15. We have noticed that this led to assumptions that this increase will allow players to purchase both Fleet Strongholds. It is intended for only one of the Strongholds to be obtainable during one season, so you will be able to acquire the other in the following season. This will remain even with the increase of tokens. When Galactic Seasons goes live, each Stronghold will cost a total of 8 tokens. The cost for the Stronghold was set to 1 credit during PTS for testing purposes only.

There has also been feedback regarding the Stronghold cap. We will be increasing the cap from 15 to 20. Please understand that while the cap is being increased, it is intended that players could have one of each Stronghold that the game offers as opposed to maintaining duplicate Strongholds.

We did see a question asking if Guilds could purchase the Fleet Strongholds. They are not designed to be purchased by Guilds as they are only for Legacy. It should also be noted that it is intended that the Guild purchased Stronghold cap will remain as is.

Lastly, the Fleet Penthouse Strongholds will behave in the same manner as a Stronghold that is purchased with Cartel Coins when it comes to transferring them. You will not need to repurchase it, but you will need to redecorate it. More info on how Strongholds work during a transfer can be found here.

As always, thank you all for the feedback you have sent in!

It is intended for only one of the Strongholds to be obtainable during one season, so you will be able to acquire the other in the following season.

I pretty much already assumed this was the case^^

And I am totally fine with this now that all season exclusive rewards are on the reward track itself so I know I wont have to waste a bunch of tokens to complete the season exclusive rewards collection.

Edited by Darthjantom

[*]Are you able to quickly locate your Priority Objectives and efficiently track them?

Yes.

> It's a lot better now, thx.

[*]Do you feel like you have agency to make decisions regarding your Priority Objectives (which aspects of the Objectives to complete, being able to complete them with friends)?

Kinda, but leaning towards "no".

> The limited imposed number of dailies and weeklies really slash our options. We can't really choose what objectives we want to do and being able to complete them with "friends" will be highly unlikely.

The refresh option is a real improvement and if you really want to limit what we can do - I think I understand the reasoning behind it, but it is ultimately still an imposition on our playstyles - it was a great addition. Also, multiple ways to complete an objective is also a great way to try and give us a bit more room under said limitation.

However, picture this:

"Hey buddy lets do our POs today?"

"Sure, I got 'PO: Defeat Coreward World Enemies' and 'PO: Defeat Alderaan Insectoids'"

"Oh, I got 'PO: Black Hole Daily Missions' and 'PO: Galactic Starfighter'"

"Let's use refresh..."

What are the actual odds we get the same POs as the person/people - or as you called it, "friends" - we actually want to run those with?

Refresh, as good as it is, it's a gamble... we may or may not get the same POs. And yet again we must either run 4 POs if we want to "being able to complete them with friends" or find randoms with the same POs. Anyway, it seems Daily POs will most likely be a solo activity.

Unless the meaning of the question was if we'd be able to run our POs with people helping us without getting a thing out of it, in which case the answer would be yes.

That's why I said in other posts that giving a list with daily and weekly POs that we could actually choose from would be ideal, since them we could actually group up with "friends" and do the things we wanted to do together. But since you really don't seem to want that, keeping them limited and randomized - and even more so with the refresh option - that's the last time I'll mention it.

[*]When tracking multiple types of objectives, is it clear which ones are your Priority Objectives versus those which aren’t?

Yes.

[*]Are the Priority Objectives clear as to what needs to be done to complete them?

Yes.

[*]Is it clear how Priority Objectives contribute to the progression of Galactic Seasons?

Yes.

[*]What feedback, if any, do you have regarding the new Refresh feature on Priority Objectives?

It's great but also potentially more limiting (see above) :p

[*]Any additional feedback you may have regarding this latest update to Galactic Seasons is welcome!

Yes.

> This may be way too early to ask but regarding the decoration rewards it was great making them award 10 each but if the seasons are planned to be recurring, wouldn't that make the decos be wasted rewards in the future? Maybe increase the limit to 999 and leave at that?

As I said, low priority, I'm just wanting the game to be live fore years so :D

> Really wish I could cry for more tokens this time but if everything from the season vendor will be given to subs, I think that's solved.

> I'd ask you to reconsider reverting the points awarded by logging in. Honestly, subs don't even need it but that's a real help to F2P that will already have to put in a lot of work to reach the end, don't make them work even more. ;)

> I still think the original cartel rewards should replace those crappy new ones:

"Silver Cartel Weapon Crate

Contains 1 Silver quality Cartel Market weapon from a selection of previous Cartel Market Weapons currently not available for direct purchase.

Silver Cartel Armor Crate

Contains 1 full Silver quality Cartel Market armor set from a selection of previous Cartel Market Armors currently not available for direct purchase.

Silver Cartel Mount Crate

Contains 1 Silver quality Cartel Market mount from a selection of previous Cartel Market Mounts currently not available for direct purchase."

Honestly, the change made the reward feel so much like "trash" - just pointing out the reality of it, the weapons I got for instance are already so accessible and cheap that anyone can get it and destroying them (thus the "trash" comparison) is in many cases worth more than even putting them on gtn.

Even if the original intended items are in there with low odds, as a reward it's not great. Please reconsider this.

Since it's the second time I bring this up, it'll also be the last :)

> Given that the rewards calendar is already well stablished, I'd ask you to consider switching them on the drop down window we get when logging. Get the bigger section to GS and the smaller one to the rewards calendar.

That's all for now, thanks :D

We wanted to clarify info based off of the feedback we have been seeing regarding the Fleet Penthouse Strongholds.

regarding the Stronghold cap. We will be increasing the cap from 15 to 20.

Awesome and THANKS for that ^ .

----

We did see a question asking if Guilds could purchase the Fleet Strongholds. They are not designed to be purchased by Guilds as they are only for Legacy.

Odd ^ ,but ok rather understandable since technically it's a "personal" small apartment or whatever. Plus, guild Flagships are also technically within the same "Fleet" chat & instance, etc.

----

It should also be noted that it is intended that the Guild purchased Stronghold cap will remain as is.

Aaannnnnddd then you go and do that ^ ?! Why? Makes absolutely ZERO sense.

As a GM since 2011 beta, i am extremely frustrated by your decision.

And i really wish BioWare Devs could please , at the very least, explain the reasoning behind such an illogical decision (aka transparency ). Is it a database overflow issue? Server phase issue? Revamp of the 'GUILD strongholds' ui = too much coding work issue?

Is EA concerned that having too many 'guild' designated accessable sh's would somehow lead to less Cartel Market $$$ from individual players? (if so, ask EA to make it a Cartel Market item to buy, called 'extra guild stronghold slot' or whatever )

Please, any insight would lesson the blow significantly.

Otherwise, there is no logical reason (game-wise or lore-wise) why us GM's can only 'assign' ONE stronghold to our guilds. ( 1 flagship + 1 stronghold) . As a GM , i should be able to purchase-for-guild & designate each type of sh once, since each of my active sh's are already technically considered 'active instances' within the server, no?

It's just a video-game & all , and no i'm not gonna rage-quit cancel my loyal sub or anything , but still i find this news very disappointing and makes me just slightly less excited for the new Update. /end-rant

Edited by Nee-Elder
makes no sense to limit us GM's like this still after all these years & all these sh's

Players should have agency over daily and weekly objectives, and they should be something simple like 'complete n daily conquest objectives / daily missions' and 'complete n weekly conquest objectives / weekly missions'.

Random objectives with one 'reroll' do not provide player agency and if they impede the ability of friends and family to reliably group up to complete are not going to be well received.

We did see a question asking if Guilds could purchase the Fleet Strongholds. They are not designed to be purchased by Guilds as they are only for Legacy. It should also be noted that it is intended that the Guild purchased Stronghold cap will remain as is.

That's really disappointing. I think a number of guilds would have loved a small, affordable HQ on Fleet.

Guilds would also have a new group activity if there was a way to get more than one stronghold for them.

I hope these Galactic Seasons don't last for months and months, since we can only get one new stronghold per season.

Strongholds remain enjoyable as long as there's a reason to decorate them. Such as --

* Several bundles of new decorations come out, opening up a new theme.

* A set of new stronghold labels come out, promoting new decorating themes.

* It becomes possible to buy duplicate strongholds.

* A new stronghold is released.

You can see how seldom one of those comes up.

I'm crossing my fingers for a whole bunch of new decorations. I've long been hoping for alternate color versions of existing decorations, such as rugs in a variety of colors. Perhaps that would be quicker and easier to release than coming up with new ones. It would still be a reason to redecorate and give me many more hours of fun in my strongholds.

Edited by Xina_LA

I hope these Galactic Seasons don't last for months and months, since we can only get one new stronghold per season.

Their stated plan is for them to last 5 months. If you plan on going for both strongholds as quickly as possible, you probably can get the second stronghold a week or two in season 2 as you should only end up being one tokens short if you hit level 100 in season 1 and don't spend tokens on anything else.

That's really disappointing. I think a number of guilds would have loved a small, affordable HQ on Fleet.

Guilds would also have a new group activity if there was a way to get more than one stronghold for them.

Strongholds remain enjoyable as long as there's a reason to decorate them. Such as --

* Several bundles of new decorations come out, opening up a new theme.

* A set of new stronghold labels come out, promoting new decorating themes.

* It becomes possible to buy duplicate strongholds.

* A new stronghold is released.

You can see how seldom one of those comes up.

I'm crossing my fingers for a whole bunch of new decorations. I've long been hoping for alternate color versions of existing decorations, such as rugs in a variety of colors. Perhaps that would be quicker and easier to release than coming up with new ones. It would still be a reason to redecorate and give me many more hours of fun in my strongholds.

Agreed and I suggested some color variations though it was on a particular rug

Could you add more colors of the Red Carpet Aisle Runner, like Blue, green, purple, etc. I love this carpet as it normally fits across more than a small area but come on red only lets put some color into this one pretty please with a cherry on top?"

But doing it on all the rugs would be a good idea and releasing some of the rugs that are no longer able to get would be a good idea as well along with the lighting.

When Galactic Seasons goes live, each Stronghold will cost a total of 8 tokens. The cost for the Stronghold was set to 1 credit during PTS for testing purposes only.

Thanks for clarifying the live cost of the Penthouse Stronghold :) This is the reward I'll be spending my tokens on initially and have no issue with only being able to get one per season. I like that some effort is required; makes it a bit more "exclusive" and something to work towards like the Umbara Train SH.

Any news on fixes/changes to the hooks that have been pointed out/requested here and here?

• 2 weeks later...
Their stated plan is for them to last 5 months. If you plan on going for both strongholds as quickly as possible, you probably can get the second stronghold a week or two in season 2 as you should only end up being one tokens short if you hit level 100 in season 1 and don't spend tokens on anything else.

Where did they say that a season will last for 5 months? That is not good IMO... I compare Galactic Seasons as being a longer Conquest. I see a lot of players get conquest then stop playing. If players finish the 100 tiers and still have a month to go, I could easily see a drop in subs / login time towards the end of a season.

The promised 4,000 cartel coins was supposed to appease people who buy referral clicks, Seeing as how the extra 2,000 cartel coins from removing the Refer-a-Friend (RAF) program is now divided by 5 months, that means players are only getting 400 cartel coins per month. That is less than referring one new person per month.

Also since you can only get a few tokens per season (not enough to get both strongholds) and those tokens are also used to buy sub rewards from years past, it will be years before a new player is able to get the new strongholds and the old sub rewards. At that rate, I don't know if a new player will ever be able to "catch up."

I was really hoping that a Galactic Season would only last for one month.

Edited by Zarahemla

Where did they say that a season will last for 5 months? That is not good IMO... I compare Galactic Seasons as being a longer Conquest. I see a lot of players get conquest then stop playing. If players finish the 100 tiers and still have a month to go, I could easily see a drop in subs / login time towards the end of a season.

The promised 4,000 cartel coins was supposed to appease people who buy referral clicks, Seeing as how the extra 2,000 cartel coins from removing the Refer-a-Friend (RAF) program is now divided by 5 months, that means players are only getting 400 cartel coins per month. That is less than referring one new person per month.

Also since you can only get a few tokens per season (not enough to get both strongholds) and those tokens are also used to buy sub rewards from years past, it will be years before a new player is able to get the new strongholds and the old sub rewards. At that rate, I don't know if a new player will ever be able to "catch up."

I was really hoping that a Galactic Season would only last for one month.

They said 5 months in the original announcement.

Not sure why you would think that it would be 1 month. Even if you complete every objective, the most points you could get in a single month is 260, which would only get you to level 32. So if it was only a month long, no one would be able to complete the thing. Hell you'd only get 3 tokens a month since the 4th token is at level 34.

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the "Daily PO: Black Hole Daily Missions" up. Playing a level 75 Smuggler.

1. Tracking does not work; click the button, no tracking.

2. After doing six Daily Missions in the Black Hole on Corellia, I didn't get credit for them on the PO.

Underwhelmed...

Edited by AlacrityFitzhugh

I've got the "Daily PO: Black Hole Daily Missions" up. Playing a level 75 Smuggler.

1. Tracking does not work; click the button, no tracking.

2. After doing six Daily Missions in the Black Hole on Corellia, I didn't get credit for them on the PO.

Underwhelmed...

hi! Unfortunately you posted in the now defunct (out-dated) PTS 'Public Test Server' forums area. So you might wanna instead post over in the more current 'Bug Reports' section for the LIVE servers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=992508

Also, side-note but you also might wanna re-type your forum 'sig' , cuz of this recent change: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=992143

Anyways, take care and happy gaming!

Edited by Nee-Elder

• 5 weeks later...
What I love about Bioware games is the forced grind of tedious tasks. Not customization, exploration, or not the roleplay experience. Tedious grind. That's what makes it fun. Or the addition of scrubs to warzones and GSF who go afk the moment they enter because it's an easy way to complete your daily target.

Tedious grind. That's what makes it fun. Or the addition of scrubs to warzones and GSF who go afk the moment they enter because it's an easy way to complete your daily target.

You can thank your fellow GSF players along with Bioware for that.

I'm not a big fan of GSF but I need to do it to get ahead in Galactic Seasons. I went in thinking I'd try to do a reasonably good job in supporting my team. I read some guides, played the single (BROKEN!) demo mission several times to get a feel for movement, and bought some ship upgrades.

Once I started playing, I noticed something happening in most of the battles. It didn't take long for veteran players to figure out who the inexperienced newbs are. I'd look at the map and have most (sometimes all) of the little red triangles around me. The veterans picked me off, over and over, for the easy kills. I'd spawn into another location and watch on the map as they cruised around in a pack until they found me and blew me up again. The better players on my team had to follow them around to even engage.

Needless to say, I'm not going to get any better at GSF, especially when I spend most of the battle with my abilities shut down somehow, and I'm no longer motivated to try. The GSF veterans are probably happy though -- they got the wins and whatever achievements and points come with them. Too bad for my team though, right?

Until there are tiers for power level and experience, it's going to be a mess.

Edited by Xina_LA