No small yield conquest planet?

JattaGin

Hey,

I just wanted to set the conquest planet for my small side guild on rep side and there is no small yield planet available. Only large and medium.

I never noticed this before. I always chose the 500.000 planet. Now I had to go for 2 million. Which we will never achieve, so this week is already pointless regarding conquest.

Has this happened before? Is this intended?

Hey,

I just wanted to set the conquest planet for my small side guild on rep side and there is no small yield planet available. Only large and medium.

I never noticed this before. I always chose the 500.000 planet. Now I had to go for 2 million. Which we will never achieve, so this week is already pointless regarding conquest.

Has this happened before? Is this intended?

I've never seen it happen before, if there's no small yield, that's a lot of small guilds being shafted.

MY GM, in one of the small guilds, clicked on the third planet, thinking it was the small yield as usuaal......

Umless this is there way to bump up points needed.so they can raaise the points needed again. ie, worked during swoop event, so you're stuck with it now, type of thing

Edited by DarkTergon

That idiotic non-removable GUI advert is already annoying enough (my subscription isn't enough? You need to shove Cartel Market adverts in my face too?). And now you have decided that small guilds (which I suspect there are lot of) are not worthy and conquests are only for larger guilds (or players that have no other commitments than to just play all day).

Are you really trying to lose some long time players? I've been playing (and subscribing) since beta. I must be mad. Perhaps it is time to reconsider that decision in the light of the decision and the response so far to the outcry from the player community.

I was willing to give BW the benefit of the doubt that this was a bug - 2 large and 1 medium so like the small was accidentally made a large. The fact they did this intentionally and screwed over the small guilds - the ones that need to farm encryptions the most - is unacceptable.

I have not seen this before either, and I have a small guild and not having a small yield conquest planet effectively shuts out my guild. I do feel is unfair. As a very long time subscriber, and founder player, I object to whoever thought this was a good idea.

A suggestion, always keep at least one Large, one Medium and one Small yield planet for conquest. If we have to link the planets to the swoop event, then add a 4th planet to at least allow the smaller guilds to be able to meet their conquest goals. Edited by Melthizar

A suggestion, always keep at least one Large, one Medium and one Small yield planet for conquest. If we have to link the planets to the swoop event, then add a 4th planet to at least allow the smaller guilds to be able to meet their conquest goals.

Seriously, they should have added Planet Butthurt.

I have seldom seen such screaming and anger over something that only lasts one week.

There's something else I've noticed that I haven't seen mentioned here. Below 75 players, don't get the top reward, ie, the matts. Which normally doesn't bother me, as they get the plans from the guild getting it's CQ total, but now with no small yield planet, they are getting royally screwed, even if they managed to get their total, they can't even get their normal plans..... Edited by DarkTergon

There's something else I've noticed that I haven't seen mentioned here. Below 75 players, don't get the top reward, ie, the matts. Which normally doesn't bother me, as they get the plans from the guild getting it's CQ total, but now with no small yield planet, they are getting royally screwed, even if they managed to get their total, they can't even get their normal plans.....

as that 'mechanic' of CQ is not in question (or known to be 'broken'), I believe people were making the connection by default without detail

I'm wondering how small is a small guild?

It's an annoying decision made by devs regardless but 10 people should have it easily, 5 would need to put some time into it but it's not too bad, either... If you're solo/duo that's problematic.

The target issue here is that Bioware, knowingly and with direct intent, released an event that specifically excluded small yield target from said event, and by association targeted members of small guilds to exclude them from having a normally achievable target during said event, thus denying them a possibility of attaining the rewards that would otherwise be available to them, and remain available to players in larger /more active guilds. This, no matter how you slice it, is discrimination.

Never mind that a simple (minimal effort) solution has been offered, one specifically offered with the intention of not fouling up other CQ events, and could have been implemented within 24 hours, which they have also chosen to ignore.

as that 'mechanic' of CQ is not in question (or known to be 'broken'), I believe people were making the connection by default without detail

Possibly, or like me, they've very little low level toons, and didn't notice...lol. I only noticed, as I was helping out someone with a low level toon, wasn't even intentially going for CQ, just ended up doing enough to get it.

I'm wondering how small is a small guild?

It's an annoying decision made by devs regardless but 10 people should have it easily, 5 would need to put some time into it but it's not too bad, either... If you're solo/duo that's problematic.

Not everyone in the guild might be a CQ player, or people have more guilds to help out, or even limited time. Expecting someone to get 200k points is unfair, , just because you can do it, doesn't mean everyone can

The target issue here is that Bioware, knowingly and with direct intent, released an event that specifically excluded small yield target from said event, and by association targeted members of small guilds to exclude them from having a normally achievable target during said event, thus denying them a possibility of attaining the rewards that would otherwise be available to them, and remain available to players in larger /more active guilds. This, no matter how you slice it, is discrimination.

Never mind that a simple (minimal effort) solution has been offered, one specifically offered with the intention of not fouling up other CQ events, and could have been implemented within 24 hours, which they have also chosen to ignore.

That's been thier MO a lot lately :(

Edited by DarkTergon

You sure go an extra mile trying to articulate this and use lots of words where a few would suffice but at the end, this statement actually undermines the argument.

Discrimination isn't bad per se, the implied consequences are what makes it good or bad.

In this case - guild strongholds acting as a carrot on a stick to a large part of the population, removing access to which hurts the community which otherwise would have good time socializing and working towards a common goal and yadda yadda.

Not everyone in the guild might be a CQ player, or people have more guilds to help out, or even limited time. Expecting someone to get 200k points is unfair, , just because you can do it, doesn't mean everyone can

Again, "unfair" is an extremely weak argument, especially in the context of the games where more effort normally should mean more rewards. Sure, lately I've been playing pubside a lot and had to log in to specifically finish even small guild conquest and run some dailies on imp which I wouldn't otherwise at the time. Games are supposed to be some careless fun but actions still have consequences, so choosing between enjoying the game the way you like and getting specific rewards is normal. Some things are plain inaccessible with RL obligations and that's normal, too.

Back to the question - people with small guilds, how many players do you have and how much cq do they end with? More importantly, what your expectations/goals are?

We're unlikely to hit the 2m cq this week in a 4m and fairly casual guild (largely doing story/side activities, never ever setting foot in EVF and so on), but that's okay. If anything, it's more of a gearing thing than the flagship one cause the main source of flagship plans for us is GTN. If you only hit weekly cq on some 10 toons a week, that makes unlocking a single room (except crew deck) take over half an year. So yeah, to me while there's no reason it has to be that way this week it's still an informed decision not to tryhard and let it go. Similar to how you choose to only play 1-2 hours a week because other things in life are more important.

Again, "unfair" is an extremely weak argument, especially in the context of the games where more effort normally should mean more rewards.

No, it's not a weak argument, 50k, gets the CQ for your toon, you move to aa different toon, get 50k again, you have 6 small guilds, that's 6 x 50 k, which means if ten other people, wether the same or not, does the same thing, those 6 small guilds get their cq points for the small yield, they get the FS plans for this week, and are able to unlock more rooms, quicker. THAT's the whole point.

Not only that, but if a person gets 200k, they still only get the rewards for 50k, nothing more.

So again, yes, it's unfair to excpect everyone to get 200k, just because the devs, messed up, and screwed small guilds. Not everyone has the time to get 200k per toon, some of us have lives outside of this game, and have to play on which toons to get cq, and when to do it, so that, not only do we get CQ, but we also get to plan content we enjoy

My 6 small guilds I help every week have between 6 & 10 players, most get just over the 50k, some more, depending on time, etc. If getting near the end of the week, and we're short, I or someone will stop other content to concentrate on CQ, and bring us over the finish line

Edited by DarkTergon

No, it's not a weak argument, 50k, gets the CQ for your toon, you move to aa different toon, get 50k again, you have 6 small guilds, that's 6 x 50 k, which means if ten other people, wether the same or not, does the same thing, those 6 small guilds get their cq points for the small yield, they get the FS plans for this week, and are able to unlock more rooms, quicker. THAT's the whole point.

Not only that, but if a person gets 200k, they still only get the rewards for 50k, nothing more.

So again, yes, it's unfair to excpect everyone to get 200k, just because the devs, messed up, and screwed small guilds. Not everyone has the time to get 200k per toon, some of us have lives outside of this game, and have to play on which toons to get cq, and when to do it, so that, not only do we get CQ, but we also get to plan content we enjoy

My 6 small guilds I help every week have between 6 & 10 players, most get just over the 50k, some more, depending on time, etc. If getting near the end of the week, and we're short, I or someone will stop other content to concentrate on CQ, and bring us over the finish line

This was an extremely confusing read. First off, what does "unfair" mean to you in that case? Because the whole part about "not everyone has the time to get 200k per toon" directly contradicts the point about people being able to play more getting access to more reward being a normal thing. I've heard this argument ("some of us have lives, how comes we can't have what nolifers are having") countless times and it almost never gets articulated in a sensible way.

So what's your expectations and what makes you feel entitled to these rewards?

Side note - 50k is about an hour of playing, scales better with getting repeatable daily rewards so doesn't work as well for those only being able to play on weekends. Again, that's okay.

The part about 6 small guilds is just outright confusing; I can't imagine hopping between half a dozen guilds being the norm. I'll take your word for guilds of 6-10 people only hitting 50k each on one toon being common enough though. If anything, SH bonus is a rather major factor and probably lots of people participating in a conquest may not have that but it brings us back to the question about their motivation - are they interested in decorating at all or just bonding via working towards a common cause? Are they fine with spending 4-6 months on a single room on a flagship and does it actually get them going despite only playing 2 hours a week each (okay let's say x2 for imp/rep)? Or do they not care about the conquest but you do?

I'm sorry but this all was really, really confusing.

Despite my Hutt-like intelligence, complexity (and humility :rak_03:), when all is said and done I ask myself a very simple question:

Does Change X in the game make me more or less likely to play?

We can all assign different words like 'unfair' / 'discriminate' or, in my case, 'dumb, unforced error' - but not sure it really matters.

And, it is also quite possible that many would consider the value I personally attach to Change X in terms of its impact on me as less important than how the devs view its impact on the overall health of the game (which should obviously take precedence).

Regardless, I have to view this change through the lens of Dasty the Hutt (eww, there's that creepy third Hutt reference to me again :rak_02:). And...

In this particular case, the change makes me less likely to play SWTOR this week and more likely to play ESO's new expansion during my free time. Some of that, of course, is a consequence of ESO having a new expansion out which I haven't touched, but I can definitively state that I will be playing less SWTOR this week and this change influenced that decision.

And, no, I'm not quitting / unsubscribing.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast