I wish all playstyles had tons of new daily repeatable conq. objectives!

Stradlin

..And not just planetary dailies.

If you tour planetary missions for conquest, you run out of playtime before running out of daily repeatable objectives.At least that is the case for normal players. If anyone has time and motivation to test this, it'd be interesting to hear just how long you need to clear all conq objectives orbiting planetary missions. According to my calcullations, clearing all planetaries would earn you close to one million points of conquest every day. Every week. Due to time constraints, it is virtually unattainable for most people. When it comes to planetary missions, you have more daily repeatables than you have hours in a day.

Unfortunately, story is much shorter when it comes to daily repeatables with any and all other playstyles. Other playstyles have less than half a dozen daily repeatable objectives consistently available.Chasing and dinging daily repeatables is good fun. I wish all playstyles had such nice, big pile of them to chase down. :)

In addition, multiplayer content shares a sigfnificant portion of the few daily repeatables that they do have. (Socialite I and Socialite II)

I recon daily repeatables are pretty easy to balance: even normal players can count with good precision how much conq they bring/day. It is a controlled environment. Specially in a situation where we already have more super accessible daily repeatables than most people have hours to play/day. Bring in other 100 objectives, and it'd not be a question of "how many more I can do?" as much as "which ones will I do?" - we already past amounts of easy/accessible dailies attainable in a day.

I bet we can all agree that it is great to earn lots of coqnuest by doing the content we most enjoy doing! With this in mind, few suggestions:

Less gamey and more simple/practical version: just throw even more and even more varied daily repeatables available for all. Ensure all playstyles have a dozen or something at least available each week.

[/b]

More gamey suggestion that'd give people a new feature to play with:

Way back when conquest was brand new, guilds would decide which bonus objectives members had available. Whether some objectivres were available or not depended on which planet the guild chose to invade. I think such system has potential. Why not have a more individualistc version of this available? I think a system which lets people themselves decide which conquest objectives fit them the best could be lots of fun! Allow people tailor which content has " their own" daily repeatable objectives to chase.

I think this could be achieved by letting people pick their own " sub class" or a " conquest personality" if you will. Each sub class would come with a pre chosen template of various daily repeatable objectives. Picking the right sub class could be something tied to conqurest cycles: let people switch classes as they please at the start of each conquest week. (or rather, have it so switching classes reduces your conq earned that week to 0. So that it is practical to change or pick a class only at the beginning of that character's conquest week.)

Examples of sub classes:

Galatic Adventurer

Basically,one could say all of our characters are galactic adventurers in the new conq system. - Get your conquest by running heroics and other daily repeatable planetary missions. As long as you are planetary adventurer, you have 100 daily repeatables across the galaxy for you to pick.

Starfighter Pilot

Get conquest from GSF and Railshooter space stuff. As long as Pilot-class class is active, GSF and space-related conquest objectives are more numerous each week.

Warbringer

Get your conquest from various forms of pvp. Warzones and ranked pvp. As long as you are a warbinger, you have more and better pvp objectives in conq menu than anyone else. All of them performance based to ensure nobody joins the matches to afk in there.

Explorer

For new players/characters. Earn conquest by doing your class story. Various introductionary -tier of conq objectives go here, too. Gift companions, learn a new profession and so on. Codex entries and uncovering map will also reward you. As a curve ball, have WBs be a shared objective with ..

Operative

Operations have more objectives than on anyone else. That's how you earn your conq! Perhaps World bosses as a shared objective with explorers.

Strike team member

Flashpoints and far more importantly. Uprisings for your conq., Uprisings give virtually no gear..or anything else atm. Make them relevant at a single stroke like this.

In addition to stuff available via your sub-class, you'd have token amount of objectives available across all playstyles. Example: One could say we all are "Galactic Adventurers" atm in the current conq system that is currently active on live servers.. You have 100 planetary daily repeatables constantly available and in addition, you jhave a tiny token amount of other dailies across all content when you feel like going for some variety. Besides these, weekly shifting theme weeks continue being a thing as they do now.

Edited by Stradlin

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said the last time you proposed this, the basic premise driving the proposal is reasonable: the objectives are not uniformly distributed among the different activities possible.

However, the solution to that is just to more evenly distribute things. No more, no less.

It certainly isn't necessary to penalise people for not fitting into one of the silos of activity.

However, the solution to that is just to more evenly distribute things. No more, no less.

Yep, that sounds reasonable and agreeable to me. If any new tweaks were to happen with the Conquest system, then it should simply be like you say, a more even distrubution of things. But absolutely not a lowering of any Conquest points, that will damage the system instead of improving it.

It certainly isn't necessary to penalise people for not fitting into one of the silos of activity.

Especially this, a solo player should not be penalized for doing solo content to complete the personal Conquest goal. A lowering of the Conquest points rewards for any of the objectives which cater to solo content would undo the tremendous good the overhaul has done. But if they added more repeatable Conquest objectives to cater to group content, PvP or GSF I would have nothing against that.

Edited by Ylliarus

Yeah it is basically a straightforward solution vs a fancy one. Latter isn't always better. But I like certain potential for roleplay/identity it has. Simply throwing in another 100 repeatables, 25 for each multiplayer activity would go a long way. Edited by Stradlin

Chill out, OP.

There's no reason to participate in conquest (or staying subbed either) anymore.

Since last update, Conquest isnt unique to SWTOR endgame mechanic for dedicated players.

It has degraded to "rewards for logging in for casual players" level.

Developers also made it pretty clear that there will be no changes to Conquest that will make any sense for people who actually play content.

In fact people who play content are unwelcomed in this game. Be it PvE, PvP or GSF. The only type of players that are welcome now are the ones who enjoy the most to watch cutscenes, feed companion, place decos and make their companions solo some planetary heroics for them while they have some tea.

Doing MM Uprising gives less conq points than feeding companion with 2-3 gifts.

This game is officially dead to me.

I mean, this is a good thread and ideas you brought are good and actually make sense.

But again, BW made it clear.

They don't want to see people who are actually playing their game.

They punish people who actually play the game.

You aren't important to BW. I am not important to BW.

Our opinions aren't important.

The only category of players whom opinions are important are cutscene watchers and other ppl who are returning to the game for 1 month when there's new story piece.

Stop flighting with windmills.

Let that sink in.

If you want to change something, vote with your credit card. Stop your subscription and uninstall SWTOR (that is what i gonna do when my remaining 2 weeks will run out).

Maybe, MAYBE, if enough people will do it, devs will change their behaviour to less self-destructive... Or not.

Edited by Kraysk

/snip rant.

I think you dropped your tinfoil hat. :rolleyes:

Every playstyle gets rewarded, and the more you play, the more you get rewarded. As PvE & PvP have infinte repeatable options. The objectives that are 'nuisance' ones aren't, they are once per legacy, per day, and not enough on their own to get CQ.

If you want to change something, vote with your credit card. Stop your subscription and uninstall SWTOR (that is what i gonna do when my remaining 2 weeks will run out).

Maybe, MAYBE, if enough people will do it, devs will change their behaviour to less self-destructive... Or not.

The problem with that, is that the new Conquest system is widely appreciated and applauded by the player community. People in the ingame chat, in Discord chats, on Twitter and here on these forums continue to praise the Conquest overhaul in overwhelming numbers. And so, it seems like you're one of the few that don't agree with the Conquest overhaul in its current form. As such, if you leave the game, the impact won't be that big at all.

Especially as a lot of old players have returned to the game and many list the new Conquest system as a reason for that. So, if you leave the game and unsub, there will be a number of new subs to fill your place. It may sound cruel or cold-hearted, but it is the truth. There is a small, handful of people who disapprove of the Conquest changes while a widespread majority loves the changes. Truly, I have rarely seen so many players express positive feedback on a change the devs made.

It is a pity that you don't like the new Conquest system, but sadly, the person who will manage to please every single human being has yet to be born.

Especially as a lot of old players have returned to the game and many list the new Conquest system as a reason for that. So, if you leave the game and unsub, there will be a number of new subs to fill your place. It may sound cruel or cold-hearted, but it is the truth. There is a small, handful of people who disapprove of the Conquest changes while a widespread majority loves the changes. Truly, I have rarely seen so many players express positive feedback on a change the devs made.

The GM and lead officer of my home guild on DM server both stopped playing after new conquest system was implemented.

It is (was?) nice friendly international community of chill people dedicated to GSF progression/training.

Since then i dont really have a company to fly with anymore.

Chill out, OP.

There's no reason to participate in conquest (or staying subbed either) anymore.

Since last update, Conquest isnt unique to SWTOR endgame mechanic for dedicated players.

It has degraded to "rewards for logging in for casual players" level.

Developers also made it pretty clear that there will be no changes to Conquest that will make any sense for people who actually play content.

In fact people who play content are unwelcomed in this game. Be it PvE, PvP or GSF. The only type of players that are welcome now are the ones who enjoy the most to watch cutscenes, feed companion, place decos and make their companions solo some planetary heroics for them while they have some tea.

Doing MM Uprising gives less conq points than feeding companion with 2-3 gifts.

This game is officially dead to me.

I mean, this is a good thread and ideas you brought are good and actually make sense.

But again, BW made it clear.

They don't want to see people who are actually playing their game.

They punish people who actually play the game.

You aren't important to BW. I am not important to BW.

Our opinions aren't important.

The only category of players whom opinions are important are cutscene watchers and other ppl who are returning to the game for 1 month when there's new story piece.

Stop flighting with windmills.

Let that sink in.

This is the sort of unwarranted attack on solo players that continues until BW runs off everyone that isn't !!

This is a reflection of a prejudice … NOT a solution.

There is a lot more to this game than your pretentious and disingenuous comments indicate.

Overall … no thank you !!

As for OP … at least this time your directive is less condemning !!

If there are other areas (ie PvP) that need additional support … then YES I agree. If you read any of my comments regarding PvP you know that I have and STILL DO support those who know that PvP needs a lot of TLC right now !

The GM and lead officer of my home guild on DM server both stopped playing after new conquest system was implemented.

It is (was?) nice friendly international community of chill people dedicated to GSF progression/training.

I am sorry to hear that. It is of course natural that not everyone will approve of the changes. However, as I said before, a vast majority is in favour of the new system and supports the changes and from what I read in your reply, your guild is fairly niche. But no one is forcing you to stay of course, perhaps you will find better luck in another game that has a system that is more to your liking. Perhaps in the future, you will reconsider and give the new changes another shot :)

Edited by Ylliarus

I agree that GSF and PvP (not so much Flashpoints / Operations b/c they reward gear) should reward more Conquest Points. Uprisings need a complete overhaul too.

But let's have some perspective here about what Conquest actually rewards solo / small guild players:

1) 400 Tech Fragments per character / week. This means (not counting luck with Kai Zykken) you can buy ONE piece of Set Gear or a Tactical for every EIGHT characters who meet their Personal Conquest and Small Planetary yields.

2) Two Small Conquest Crates. The vast majority of the Set pieces you get from such crates are either: a) Amplified Champion; or b) Victor's. On occasion you get a specific Class Set piece, but it is strongly weighted to a particular set, e.g., Undying or Slow Road.

3) Stronghold Decorations.

4) Solid Resource Matrices, which absolutely was a needed adjustment given the debacle that is crafting (worst I've seen in any MMO - ever).

So, if your Guild Master quit b/c I reap the benefits of the above...well, I'll let forum readers figure out the rest of my thoughts on that one. I see no inherent, logical connection b/t the two. And, frankly, if they massively up the rewards for GSF (which you seem to enjoy), kiss your small, close-knit international community goodbye. As they say, be careful what you wish for...

But, yes, PvP, GSF, and Uprisings should get some love, albeit with some diminishing returns. But there is a reason Flashpoints are still very active and it's not difficult to figure out why...

If you're farming Daily Planets for Tech Fragments / Set Gear, you are doing it very, very wrong. I do a mix of planets and FPs and what I see is a vibrant, active galaxy, which to me is absolutely a good thing.

Regards,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

..And not just planetary dailies.

If you tour planetary missions for conquest, you run out of playtime before running out of daily repeatable objectives.At least that is the case for normal players. If anyone has time and motivation to test this, it'd be interesting to hear just how long you need to clear all planetary missions, weeklies included. According to my calcullations, clearing all planetaries would earn you close to one million points of conquest every day. Due to time constraints, it is virtually unattainable for most people. When it comes to planetary missions, you have more daily repeatables than you have hours in a day.

Unfortunately, story is much shorter when it comes to daily repeatables with any and all other playstyles. Other playstyles have less than half a dozen daily repeatable objectives consistently available.Chasing and dinging daily repeatables is good fun. I wish all playstyles had such nice, big pile of them to chase down. :)

In addition, multiplayer content shares a sigfnificant portion of the few daily repeatables that they do have. (Socialite I and Socialite II)

I recon daily repeatables are pretty easy to balance: even normal players can count with good precision how much conq they bring/day. It is a controlled environment. Specially in a situation where we already have more super accessible daily repeatables than most people have hours to play/day. Bring in other 100 objectives, and it'd not be a question of "how many more I can do?" as much as "which ones will I do?" - we already past amounts of easy/accessible dailies attainable in a day.

I bet we can all agree that it is great to earn lots of coqnuest by doing the content we most enjoy doing! With this in mind, few suggestions:

Less gamey and more simple/practical version: just throw even more and even more varied daily repeatables available for all. Ensure all playstyles have a dozen or something at least available each week.

[/b]

More gamey suggestion that'd give people a new feature to play with:

Way back when conquest was brand new, guilds would decide which bonus objectives members had available. Whether some objectivres were available or not depended on which planet the guild chose to invade. I think such system has potential. Why not have a more individualistc version of this available? I think a system which lets people themselves decide which conquest objectives fit them the best could be lots of fun! Allow people tailor which content has " their own" daily repeatable objectives to chase.

I think this could be achieved by letting people pick their own " sub class" or a " conquest personality" if you will. Each sub class would come with a pre chosen template of various daily repeatable objectives. Picking the right sub class could be something tied to conqurest cycles: let people switch classes as they please at the start of each conquest week. (or rather, have it so switching classes reduces your conq earned that week to 0. So that it is practical to change or pick a class only at the beginning of that character's conquest week.)

Examples of sub classes:

Galatic Adventurer

Basically,one could say all of our characters are galactic adventurers in the new conq system. - Get your conquest by running heroics and other daily repeatable planetary missions. As long as you are planetary adventurer, you have 100 daily repeatables across the galaxy for you to pick.

Starfighter Pilot

Get conquest from GSF and Railshooter space stuff. As long as Pilot-class class is active, GSF and space-related conquest objectives are more numerous each week. They also offer a notable bonuses each week.

Warbringer

Get your conquest from various forms of pvp. Warzones and ranked pvp. As long as you are a warbinger, you have more and better pvp objectives in conq menu than anyone else. All of them performance based to ensure nobody joins the matches to afk in there.

Explorer

For new players/characters. Earn conquest by doing your class story. Various introductionary -tier of conq objectives go here, too. Gift companions, learn a new profession and so on. Codex entries and uncovering map will also reward you. As a curve ball, have WBs be a shared objective with ..

Operative

Operations have more objectives than on anyone else. That's how you earn your conq! Perhaps World bosses as a shared objective with explorers.

Strike team member

Flashpoints and far more importantly. Uprisings for your conq., Uprisings give virtually no gear..or anything else atm. Make them relevant at a single stroke like this.

I think it's sort of a neat idea tbh, creating conquest sub-classes then allotting them different perks depending on what class they choose. Kind of opens up a whole new way to advance characters with something other than gears although gears unique to each sub-class would be fine to add also. Titles could be rewarded to the toon also, with whatever class they go into... Yeah there's lots of things you could do in this kind of system.

Edited by Lhancelot

That's exactly why. His creation of this thread means he has no intention of ending his tirade no matter how many of his threads get locked.

It's just bizarre to me. Conquest does not matter this much, yet this dude is devoting hours -- thousands of words -- to complaining about it on a video game forum in multiple threads.

It's just bizarre to me. Conquest does not matter this much, yet this dude is devoting hours -- thousands of words -- to complaining about it on a video game forum in multiple threads.

It's not about the game any more. At this point, his posts have all the hallmarks of a desperate ego trip.

His posts won't stop until he rouses the devs to kowtow specifically to what he wants changed, and to the degree that he wants things changed -- that's important to consider -- and he'll be right back on the forums if he feels the devs haven't gone far enough toward making the changes he wants.

Meanwhile, he's employing every illusory, circuitous, ill-founded, illogical, and inconsistent argument that comes to mind until he gets his way.

We've seen such arguments posted in the past, but unlike MCB's famously long-lived rant, at least this particular OP isn't making the same mistake of directly attacking other posters through egregious and reprehensible personal slurs, instead keeping his words to the argument, however far afield he drags it.

So yes. He's subsequently expending a great deal of energy, as you say, in a series of rebuttals and multiple thread creations. He's not listening to us, and obviously has not -- nor will not -- take to heart what the greater community has repeatedly indicated is an excellent change to conquest.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I agree that GSF and PvP (not so much Flashpoints / Operations b/c they reward gear) should reward more Conquest Points. Uprisings need a complete overhaul too.

But let's have some perspective here about what Conquest actually rewards for solo / small guild players:

1) 400 Tech Fragments per character / week. This means that (not counting luck with Kai Zykken) you can buy ONE piece of Set Gear or a Tactical for every EIGHT characters who meet their Personal Conquest and Small Planetary yields.

2) Two Small Conquest Crates. The vast majority of the Set pieces you get from such crates are either: a) Amplified Champion; or b) Victor's. On occasion you get a specific Class Set piece, but it is strongly weighted to a particular set, e.g., Undying or Slow Road.

3) Stronghold Decorations.

4) Solid Resource Matrices, which absolutely was a needed adjustment given the debacle that is crafting (worst I've seen in any MMO - ever).

So, if your Guild Master quit b/c I reap the benefits of the above...well, I'll let forum readers figure out the rest of my thoughts on that one. I see no inherent, logical connection b/t the two. And, frankly, if they massively up the rewards for GSF (which you seem to enjoy), kiss your small, close-knit international community goodbye. As they say, be careful what you wish for...

But, yes, PvP GSF, and Uprisings should get some love, albeit with some diminishing returns. But there is a reason Flashpoints are still very active and it's not difficult to figure out why...

If you're farming Daily Planets for Tech Fragments / Set Gear, you are doing it very, very wrong. I do a mix of planets and FPs and what I see is a vibrant, active galaxy, which to me is absolutely a good thing.

Regards,

Dasty

Well said .. and I agree on all points ! Particularly about doing a "mix" of FP's, Heroics … etc.

The new system, IMO, has a much broader base to BUILD ON !

Yes .. a few tweaks and additions .. but now (as I've stated before) there is a solid foundation to work or build on! Prior to 6.1.1 I could have cared less about CQ's as a whole.

It's not about the game any more. At this point, his posts have all the hallmarks of a desperate ego trip.

His posts won't stop until he rouses the devs to kowtow specifically to what he wants changed, and to the degree that he wants things changed -- that's important to consider -- and he'll be right back on the forums if he feels the devs haven't gone far enough toward making the changes he wants.

Meanwhile, he's employing every illusory, circuitous, ill-founded, illogical, and inconsistent argument that comes to mind until he gets his way.

We've seen such arguments posted in the past, but unlike MCB's famously long-lived rant, at least this particular OP isn't making the same mistake of directly attacking other posters through egregious and reprehensible personal slurs, instead keeping his words to the argument, however far afield he drags it.

So yes. He's subsequently expending a great deal of energy, as you say, in a series of rebuttals and multiple thread creations. He's not listening to us, and obviously has not -- nor will not -- take to heart what the greater community has repeatedly indicated is an excellent change to conquest.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I thank you for phrasing my thoughts so precisely!

Iforcing people to choose a certain way to gain their conquest points goes completely against their idea of play your way

That's exactly what op and me are trying to tell.

Forcing me to do some nonsense story or planetary heroics - and devs call it "play your way"?

I feel like i was deceived.

Taking away my infinitely repeatable GSF and PvP objective?

I feel punished.

Current conquest system favours only one play style above everything else and is nowhere near "play your way".

Edited by Kraysk

Forcing me to do some nonsense story or planetary heroics - and devs call it "play your way"?

I feel punished.

Current conquest system favours only one play style above everything else and is nowhere near "play your way".

Story content isn't nonsense it's what the entire game is built around everything else is a bonus

I've seen worse. Lots worse. Examples:

ArcheAge

Let's say I'm partway up the endgame gear ladder in this trainwreck of a game. I don't know whether it's XL Games (original Korean developer) or Trion (US-based Western publisher) that's more at fault, but...

So I want to upgrade this item. I must craft an upgraded version, which gives me a "sealed" version of the result.

The result can be:

* Stronger by one tier. Not very common, especially as you go up the tier ladder.

* (Very, very rarely) Stronger by two tiers.

* The same as before.

* One tier weaker.

* Very rarely two tiers weaker.

* Destroyed.

Yes, you got that right. It was possible, on an increasing chance depending on the tier that could get as high as 40% and could not be eliminated even by the most assiduous application of Cash Shop buffs, that your gear piece would be destroyed by you crafting the new one - or, rather, the old one was consumed by crafting, but the result might be no new gear piece.. Apparently, they eventually thought better of it, and removed the possibility of destruction. Shame, in a way, because it probably diminished the use of the main war cry, "YOLO!" (You Only Live Once, a statement embodying a catastrophic level of fatalism).

Allods Online

The crafting "table" (actually a portable workshop item, but never mind) was essentially a classic one-armed bandit slot machine, and was highly prone to producing junk. Cash shop items could reduce that to "prone" or "slightly prone", but not eliminate it.

"Forcing"? Are BioWare sending goons round to your house with baseball bats and Uzis? No? Then they aren't forcing you to do anything. As noted earlier in the thread (even by OP), the distribution of objectives across play-styles isn't what it should be, but nothing *forces* you to do anything.

I feel punished.

In this weeks CQ :

<Starfighter: Conquer the Skies>

<Warzones: Medalist>

Infinite repeatable.....so you haven't lost everything...

<Renown: Rank Up>

can pop while you do pvp .

<Crafting: War Supplies>

<Crafting: Inventor>

you can give these skills to you chars, and have companions work on them as you pvp/gsf

<Crafting: Aid the War Effort>

Again, if you have a crafter, you can make these items and use this too.

So you have loads of options.

<Flashpoint: Story Mode>

<Flashpoint: Veteran Mode>

<Flashpoint: Master Mode>

<Activity Finder: Flashpoints>

these 4 the only ones you won't access, unless you do fp's.

What about people who only like class missions. They've less infinite repeatabl that you, or people who only do ops, or space barbies, yet NONE of these people are here crying......:rolleyes: