So we just accept the advertising bar now?

Lundorff

Yes it can be moved but not removed, and it still start in the drop downed state e.g. BUY CARTEL STUFF PLZ-mode ever so often.

I guarantee if this is tolerated then more stuff is to follow. How about a Cartel Market button on the main quickbar? Or a Cartel Market flair that will make you run 10% faster? Perhaps you will now be greeted by Giradda the Cartel Market Hutt every time you load into a character. It reeks of desperation and of all the stupid things they have done over the years, this signifies the end times more than anything else.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it can be moved but not removed, and it still start in the drop downed state e.g. BUY CARTEL STUFF PLZ-mode ever so often.

I guarantee if this is tolerated then more stuff is to follow. How about a Cartel Market button on the main quickbar? Or a Cartel Market flair that will make you run 10% faster? Perhaps you will now be greeted by Giradda the Cartel Market Hutt every time you load into a character. It reeks of desperation and of all the stupid things they have done over the years, this signifies the end times more than anything else.

Yes, because it's not as bad as the forums claim. But, the forums tend to exaggerate things that don't need to be exaggerated.

Case in point:

It reeks of desperation and of all the stupid things they have done over the years, this signifies the end times more than anything else

I wouldn't say accept, but it's like all the other small annoyances that have creeped up over the years. You can post all you want, but you can't force Bioware to make changes. That conquest banner still pops up mid-combat for example. Bioware doesn't listen to testers on the PTS, why do you think they'll pay any attention to forum posters?

It's just one more thing to go into my mental list as a 'con' when deciding if renewing my sub is worth it or not.

Yes, because it's not as bad as the forums claim. But, the forums tend to exaggerate things that don't need to be exaggerated.

Case in point:

Actually it is, it's open every time you log in, hides behind the chat window, on some people it pops open everytime they move planet, or location. And on top of that it's an AD BAR, in a game where I PAY a sub, I shouldn't have to put up with a friggin ad bar, if I was a F2P, or pref, there might be an argument for it.

Click on the - and it's gone. It will reset on cq week reset tho. No big deal .

Click on the - and it's gone. It will reset on cq week reset tho. No big deal .

It is a big deal for people who play dozens of characters, and you have to minimize and possibly move it everytime you want to swap a toon. Sometimes you have to move it again when you change instance, so yes, it's a big deal.

And like DarkTergon said: as long as I'm paying sub, there shouldn't be ANY forced ads on my game. Put it on F2P accounts, subs are already supporting the game financially. This thing doesn't want me to buy anything from Cartel Market, because I never buy anything when the advertising gets too annoying.

Actually it is, it's open every time you log in, hides behind the chat window, on some people it pops open everytime they move planet, or location. And on top of that it's an AD BAR, in a game where I PAY a sub, I shouldn't have to put up with a friggin ad bar, if I was a F2P, or pref, there might be an argument for it.

When it is working it is not big deal. I can not say if this is true for most people, or even a lot of people, if it were not I think we would hear more about it, but for myself the Galactic Guide does not open every time I log in, it does not open every time I move planet or location, it does not change position. It opens each week with Conquest reset and I close it. It does that for each character on first login after the reset, but it does not keep opening, or moving, or misbehaving. It does open behind the chat window, but I do not care because I do not care what it says and I just close it. When it works like that it is no big deal. It looks a little different from the rest of the UI, but that is hardly worth the vitriol it receives. What you are describing is annoying, it would be a pain to have to deal with that, but that also sounds like a bug and not intended behavior.

Does BW need to address that, are they lax in their communication, both about the problem and if they are working on a fix, should they stop releasing UI features that can not be turned off or are not part of the UI editor? Absolutely yes to all of that. But when the Galactic Guide is working it only opens once, on Conquest reset, then you close it, and forget about it for the rest of the week.

How about a future update where a big button is on the character load screen and you cannot go into the character unless you buy some thing from the cartel market.

On second thoughts. Maybe I shouldn’t joke, someone at Bioware might see it..... if they ever bothered to read the forums.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

As someone who subscribes for a couple months at best per year, it does make me lol that they added this thing and it affects subs. That's what all this forum whining comes down to: how dare they do this...to SUBSCRIBERS!? If it had only affected prefs and F2P, no one in the forum would care, or they'd invent rationalizations for it, assuming they were aware of it at all.

The obvious answer to your question is...don't sub. That's how you show BW you disagree. But as with every change players don't like, the loudest voices on the forum will claim that they will def unsub...and they do nothing. Or they come back a month later without explanation. All the while moaning that they have no incentive to login. Yet they're willing to pay a sub, lol.

Whatever bean counter BW uses to keep track of subs will notice that I resubbed two days ago after being pref for 8 months. I only resubbed because I had enough creds to buy something I wanted, which is the only reason I ever sub. I could have chosen not to resub considering this egregious eyesore but tbh I really don't GAF. The "slap in the face" moment has come and gone for me.

If it had only affected prefs and F2P, no one in the forum would care, or they'd invent rationalizations for it, assuming they were aware of it at all.

You download a game in the apps store, you play it free, you get ads, you pay for the game, the ads go away.

It's that simple, we pay for the game, there should be no ads. That's the justification for it being on F2P/Preff accounts, and not on Subbed.

But that's not the only issue, as the other poster says, 33 click in one day, another person with 33 alts, might have had 66 clicks, or 99 clicks, or a hell of a lot more, every time they moved.

This game died in 2012. Duh

That's what all this forum whining comes down to.. If it had only affected prefs and F2P, no one in the forum would care.

Yes, no one would care... Prefs and F2P can not do the whining here because only subscribers can post on the forum.

lol smh

It is a big deal for people who play dozens of characters, and you have to minimize and possibly move it everytime you want to swap a toon. Sometimes you have to move it again when you change instance, so yes, it's a big deal.

And like DarkTergon said: as long as I'm paying sub, there shouldn't be ANY forced ads on my game. Put it on F2P accounts, subs are already supporting the game financially. This thing doesn't want me to buy anything from Cartel Market, because I never buy anything when the advertising gets too annoying.

I logged in now to test your theory and it's gone !

I said you click on the - at weekly reset and you won't see it for a week on that char. I play 23 characters for conquest each week and I can't say that clicking once to minimize the window is a big deal.

But for many players it's really hard it seems to minimize or to actually move it . No comment... there are bigger issues in this game we can all whine about , honestly.

while i hate the new design (seriously a magnifying glass?) i do move it to the corner above my chatbox and never open it and i think all f2p/pref will do the same and not bother with it ever.

it doesnt mean i have accepted it, i just dont use it.

The problem is, the ignorance of people who say, 'I don't have that issue, so it's not real', and other such crap.

I'm happy that you are free to play the game interuption free, but that's just you. Others ARE having the issue, it doesn't stay away, it pops back up, etc. Not to mention...people who pay a sub, should NOT have to put up with a crap ad bar.

If you don't have the humanity to have compassion, empthy or understanding of any of that, then all hope for you is lost.

Anyone who reads these forums, can see that most people think differently about what issues are important, but the decent people here, actually empathise, and understand the postion of others, and try to help, instead of putting them down.

Edited by DarkTergon

Not a fan of it either. It needs to go.

If you don't have the humanity to have compassion, empthy or understanding of any of that, then all hope for you is lost.

Anyone who reads these forums, can see that most people think differently about what issues are important, but the decent people here, actually empathise, and understand the postion of others, and try to help, instead of putting them down.

This is community organizing 101: tears on their own are worthless. So are comments on a forum BW rarely reads and even rarer makes changes based on those comments. If you want to make an impact, unsub, and get as many other players as you can to unsub.

You download a game in the apps store, you play it free, you get ads, you pay for the game, the ads go away.

It's that simple, we pay for the game, there should be no ads. That's the justification for it being on F2P/Preff accounts, and not on Subbed.

lol like I said, there's always somebody. I lack empathy for people who complain about the bar in the most melodramatic, "oh the humanity" language possible but simultaneously are totally okay with it as long as it's non-subs getting stuck with it because capitalism. If I feel anything, it's schadenfreude.

I logged in now to test your theory and it's gone !

I said you click on the - at weekly reset and you won't see it for a week on that char. I play 23 characters for conquest each week and I can't say that clicking once to minimize the window is a big deal.

But for many players it's really hard it seems to minimize or to actually move it . No comment... there are bigger issues in this game we can all whine about , honestly.

Yup. I have 45 chars, of which I usually log into 30 per week. I think they changed it now so wherever you stuck it with one char it will stay in that place for every char, in my case, above the chatbox. It resets for conquest and occasionally if you change planets.

Edited by Ardrossan

We used to send out newsletters 8-9 times a year. Nothing particular special: discounts, general news, product changes and stuff like that. I was in charge of it at that point, and I always tried to curb the amount to not annoy our customers.

But our company grew and eventually we needed an agency to handle our media presence, and I still remember their take on newsletters. They wanted to send out newsletters every week and possible twice per week. They wanted to push it to the breaking point where people began to unsubscribe before scaling slightly back. It sucks for the customers but it totally makes sense from a business perspective.

The same thing will happen here. This advertising bar is just the first push and unless we push back, more is bound to follow. It is a very basic business strategy to nickle and dime their customer base as much as possible.

But hey, who cares, it is not annoying... yet.