bugs or exploits?

thorrnnn

was in 3 matches and in one of those 3 matches i saw 1 player go from sat. C to sat. A in under 3sec. in the other 2 fighting against the same player i was locked out of using my railgun both times for about 2mins+ each until i self destructed. then i was fine. i have NEVER before been locked out.

forgot about other players in my group complaining about something called aim botting. whatever that is.

Edited by thorrnnn
adding context

In regards to the first one if it was a scout or strike thats possible with tensor field especially on the smaller maps and even on Denon a tensored scout could make the trip from A to C on one engine pool

the second is trickier but sounds like Lag or being interrupted by Emp pulse or lag potentially

as to the last Aim botting is oft complained about but there is in my experience no such animal. you basically just ran into someone with really good aim which 5.0 changes made necessary to succeed

In regards to the first one if it was a scout or strike thats possible with tensor field especially on the smaller maps and even on Denon a tensored scout could make the trip from A to C on one engine pool

the second is trickier but sounds like Lag or being interrupted by Emp pulse or lag potentially

as to the last Aim botting is oft complained about but there is in my experience no such animal. you basically just ran into someone with really good aim which 5.0 changes made necessary to succeed

on the second one there's no way it was lag of emp pulse. everything else weapon wise worked fine except the rail gun and the right button.

Remote sliceing, EMP pulse, and EMP Missile all lock out system abilities, and weapons swapping is considered a system ability. So depending on the gunship build, you could end up not being able to switch from say a missile or torpedo back to your railgun while the lockout is active. Lasts 9 to 12 seconds.

The more likely scenario is that you were hit with one or more energy drains. Railguns require a minimum of 25% charge in order to fire, so with some energy drain abilities it's possible to keep someone basically unable to fire.

If it was that, then they weren't doing a great job. Sure, harassing a gunship helps a team, but if they had you locked down on energy state, they really should have been able to kill you in 30 seconds or less. Next time I recommend getting to some cover and putting power to blasters so that they charge faster. Wait for them to come around the corner and then just obliterate them with your blasters. If they can't kill you in 2 minutes of lockdown you can probably kill them with blasters on a gunship fairly easily/

Hello. So this is fairly common. What I mean by that is people thinking stuff is cheating when it's not. Everything here is explainable. GSF is a complex game mode and most people pay little to no attention to the multitude of buffs and debuffs in the game. They just think, "I can't use XYZ, so someone must be using a hack."

was in 3 matches and in one of those 3 matches i saw 1 player go from sat. C to sat. A in under 3sec.
I highly doubt it was 3s. But it is possible to do it quicker than you think. I don't mean to put too finer point on it, but usually people's recollection of what happened is not accurate. Something that happened in "3s" actually took "6s" and so forth. Video evidence is always useful for stuff like this. I video every match I play. By far most get deleted. But if I see something suspicious I can review it. Sorry to say it but claiming you saw "XYZ" just won't get you any results from the devs. Too many people don't know what they are looking at.

in the other 2 fighting against the same player i was locked out of using my railgun both times for about 2mins+ each until i self destructed. then i was fine. i have NEVER before been locked out.
There are multiple ways this could have happened. Ramalina has highlighted two of them. I bet if you had video of this we could tell you precisely what happened.

forgot about other players in my group complaining about something called aim botting. whatever that is.
One day I am going to share my collection of screen shots where people have called me a cheater. "You do too much damage." "Your aim is impossibly good." Your Gunship is too fast." Yadda Yadda Yadda.. You get the idea. You just can't come into GSF smash buttons and compete with Ace level players. Lewis Hamilton is not cheating. Lionel Messi is not cheating. Magnus Carlsen is not cheating. Top players in GSF may not be famous like those three guys, but they are also not cheating. I would urge you to watch some of my videos - link in signature - and realize what is really possible in GSF.

If I may ask, how long have you been playing GSF? One thing we can always be certain of, is these kind of posts always come from inexperienced players. Period. I am willing to help you understand the game and get better. Very willing. But there is nothing here that makes me go "oh no someone is cheating!"

Edited by Ttoilleekul

Sometimnes, connection between you and server gets completely borked. Maybe cause of traditional lag(hing ping/ bad or overworked connection to net etc), or maybe you've ended up out of synch because something weird has happened between you and the server.

When this stuff does take place then, to eyes watching you, it might appear you move in jittery slightly unpredictable fashion.. Or it might look like you teleporting all over the map, doing some insane wild spinorama while at it. Meanwhile, from your pov, everything might seem remotely normal...Its just that when out of synch, at no poin are you actually flying where your screen claims you are. Maybe you saw somebody who was experiencing this, OP?

Alternatively,since your own weapons were unresponsive, it could be that you were the one lagging; it can make others appear as if they were porting around.

Edited by Stradlin

You can’t do that in under 3 seconds as the OP suggests they did. So either the OPs time reference was wrong or the player in question was using a speed/teleport hack (which by the way is possible as I’ve seen it on YouTube and I’ve witnessed it once in game).

Another problem I’ve literally run into is an increase of people wall hacking in GSF. And I don’t mean getting into nooks and crannies on a bomber.

The best example I’ve seen was last night when I was chasing another scout on my scout. It was a death match map and one of the ones with all the blown up ships and junk (sorry I don’t know the name).

I was right behind the guy and there was a massive flat wall in front of us. It was impossible to go around and there weren’t any holes or grooves. He literally went right through it to escape me and watched him come out the other side on my map.

I stopped right where he did it to check if there was a map glitch, then I proceeded to try and go through like he did to test. I instantly blew up.

I then followed this guy around all match to see if he’d do it again and he did it 3 other times that I saw in different parts of the map. I just wish my PC was setup to record things fast or I would have made a video to send to Bioware (not that they’d ban him :().

There are definitely cheaters in GSF and the more I play and the better I get, the easier it is to spot them because I’ve learnt what abilities do what and what is legit and what isnt.

The worst cheaters are the lag switchers. They stand out like a saw thumb because their flight path is so jerky. What I don’t understand is why Bioware continue to allow it as it’s extremely easy to spot.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You can’t do that in under 3 seconds as the OP suggests they did. So either the OPs time reference was wrong or the player in question was using a speed/teleport hack (which by the way is possible as I’ve seen it on YouTube and I’ve witnessed it once in game).

Another problem I’ve literally run into is an increase of people wall hacking in GSF. And I don’t mean getting into nooks and crannies on a bomber.

There are definitely cheaters in GSF and the more I play and the better I get, the easier it is to spot them because I’ve learnt what abilities do what and what is legit and what isnt.

The worst cheaters are the lag switchers. They stand out like a saw thumb because their flight path is so jerky. What I don’t understand is why Bioware continue to allow it as it’s extremely easy to spot.

I have a challenge for you. Find people who have done over 1000 matches of GSF and ask how many times they"ve felt a match was won or lost because of a hacker.

I don"tknow if there are any hax to GSF. I do know they must at least be very rare and/or very irrelevant. I've never had the feeling that some of the biggest fans of GSF this world has considered hacks as something truly present in GSF.

Most vet pilots,myself included,have seen what you call a teleport hack many times. I know for a fact I been the one porting around at least once. Happens when you are out of synch with server. Person appears to be going all over the place, spinning wildly,literally teleporting from one spot to another, etc. Meanwhile, person doing this might feel as if their movements are pretty normal..its just that they aren't anywhere near where their own screen claims. They aren't able to get any kind of an accurate idea of whats happening around them. They are never where they think they are.

Often(not always) others seem move in a strange way because it is you who is lagging,not them. I can imagine this get more common if physical distance between you ans server is great.

Edited by Stradlin

I have a challenge for you. Find people who have done over 1000 matches of GSF and ask how many times they"ve felt a match was won or lost because of a hacker.

I don"tknow if there are any hax to GSF. I do know they must at least be very rare and/or very irrelevant. I've never had the feeling that some of the biggest fans of GSF this world has considered hacks as something truly present in GSF.

Most vet pilots,myself included,have seen what you call a teleport hack many times. I know for a fact I been the one porting around at least once. Happens when you are out of synch with server. Person appears to be going all over the place, spinning wildly,literally teleporting from one spot to another, etc. Meanwhile, person doing this might feel as if their movements are pretty normal..its just that they aren't anywhere near where their own screen claims. They aren't able to get any kind of an accurate idea of whats happening around them. They are never where they think they are.

Often(not always) others seem to move move in strange way because it is you who is lagging,not them. I can imagine this get more common if physical distance between you ans server is great.

Yeah it's not hacks, they're describing Dsync perfectly, but no one ever believes Dsync is a thing, be on your screen everything looks normal except the other ships are slow drifting in one direction and it's usually only for a couple of seconds.

Yeah it's not hacks, they're describing Dsync perfectly, but no one ever believes Dsync is a thing, be on your screen everything looks normal except the other ships are slow drifting in one direction and it's usually only for a couple of seconds.

Yup...Nobody almost ever ends up seeing the match from any vantage point besides their own screen. I think if people looked their screen and somebody recording their flight side by side more often,we'd spot tons of subtle weird largely irrelevant things all the time. Like a sat match score being displayed as sligtly different at 4:00 of game time remaining to two different players present in the same match etc.

- - -

In general GSF handles lag pretty well I think. Still, it pays to remember that from servers POV, nothing is exactly 100% as it appears on your screen Trixx. Almost always, there is a slight difference. Almost always this difference is small enough to be irrelevant. Even so, you'll consistently experience stuff like gunship who, accordin to your screen, is 15.3 km away from you hitting you anyways. Or maybe you feel you've been hiding behind an asteroid like 0.5 seconds..yet, Strikefighter on your tail manages to finish their missile lock. Or maybe somebody you chase dives behind an asteroid but you can still barely finish that missile lock on them anyways. etc etc etc.

Edited by Stradlin

I'm still going with it didn't happen in 3s. That said, lag / D-sync can cause this. If you watched the video of Stradin where he was D-synced he appeared to move from one node to the other in 2-3s in a Bomber.

The best example I’ve seen was last night when I was chasing another scout on my scout. It was a death match map and one of the ones with all the blown up ships and junk (sorry I don’t know the name).

Iokath.

I was right behind the guy and there was a massive flat wall in front of us. It was impossible to go around and there weren’t any holes or grooves. He literally went right through it to escape me and watched him come out the other side on my map.

I stopped right where he did it to check if there was a map glitch, then I proceeded to try and go through like he did to test. I instantly blew up.

I then followed this guy around all match to see if he’d do it again and he did it 3 other times that I saw in different parts of the map. I just wish my PC was setup to record things fast or I would have made a video to send to Bioware (not that they’d ban him :().

Now this is legit. You did see what you think you saw. Iokath has several spots where if you know the precise location you can go through a wall, but it only works one way and you need to be extremely accurate in your flying. It's a terrain exploit just like the one-way textures on Kuat TDM.

I question how much you know and understand about what's possible here, because being quite frank with you, if you had studied and understood every component in the game and how they interact with other components, knew the visual animations for them and the audio sounds too, you would know that "the map with all the junk" is Iokath. Sorry, but, you just would.

So I'm just going to say this. Stradin was recently incorrectly banned for lag switching. He mentions it above. He was in his bomber and his movement was chaotic to say the least. Someone reported him and he got banned. Thankfully he had recorded that match from his perspective, and with the help of some other long standing knowledgeable pilots he got the ban over turned. So just how "easy" to spot are these lag switchers? I know that every time I see someone lagging or D-sync'ing, I see numerous comments in game about how that person is cheating. Stradin had about the worst case of this you will ever see, but he wasn't doing it deliberately and he wasn't cheating. So just how sure are you that its that easy to spot? Because from the sounds of it, you would have been convinced that Stradin was cheating, and you would have been wrong. Edited by Ttoilleekul

Here's videos RE: what Luc is talking about.

This is somebody looking at my flying:

Completely insane, right? Porting all over the place, spinning wildly,sith was wild!

Luckily things felt weird enough for me to record my POV to it too. Same match:

Videos overlap: moments in time Grav recorded are present on my video too.

Anyone who has done..say, 100 GSF matches or more can spot lots of weird things on my video too. Lasers not hitting stationary objects, satelites not getting capped even when they should, my drones dropping infront of me, as opposed to behind etc. However..somebody who has never really done GSF prolly won't see anything weird in my video. On my screen, my ship flies just as it should. Its just that I'm nowhere near where my screen claims and can't really interact with anything around me.

I've usually been somewhat paranoid about lag and "optics" involved. Rather just leaving those matches. This particular match tho..things I've come to always expect with lag weren't there. I experience no ability delay for example. My LMB, RMB and engine boost, on my screen, all work normally. It didn't register as "bad lag" in traditional sense. Rather, I figured match or server is somehow borked. My ping was fine, Ops chat seemingly worked without delay etc.

Three days of contacting BW via various means and sending them my pov resulted in them apologizing and overturning my ban. If I had not recorded my video..who knows what would have happened. I got lots of help from some of the most experienced members of awesome GSF community at this stage. Who knows what would have happened if I hadn't.

Basically TLDR: have bad enough luck and bad enough lag and you can get banned for it.

I don't recommend getting banned btw. Was a very annoying experience. They don't tell you why you get baned, for example. I got 3 mails from them. "We banned you!" - mail, "you are so banned!" - mail and "we are very sorry, unbanned now:)"- mail. At least the first two mails were complete copy pastes written to suit literally anybody who gets banned for any reason. None of the three mails talk about my case or my ban in any specific or personal way. Basically, you are expected to make your case and defend against unjust ban without even knowing why you got banned. Which is a gg to be sure. I'd still not be sure why I got the ban had I not called EA and asked. I might still be banned without help from few extremely seasoned people from GSF community (folks with over 10.000 matches played, rather than mere thousands) stepping in and explaining to BW what they saw in that video.

I don't exactly love how the entire point of accountdispute email is to put you in a position where you feel you have to call EA customer support in an effort to get any information. It isn't a cheap hobby from my home country. I don't love feeling I have no path forward besides that because of their mistake. I don't love it how I would not even know why I was banned if I had not called. Lets assume I had not called and just sat through the 7 day ban in silence. How am I now supposed to know how to avoid getting banned for my sins AGAIN. I'd not know what I did wrong. Folks you reach by calling customer support only " work there" and can't directly do anything besides oggle at your rap sheet and explain to you what they see there. Arcane, hidden knowledge such as why you got banned could be shared via the automated mails too ofc. But then, you wouldn't call them.

So Trixx, when you saying..

I'm happy to tell you you are wrong; they do ban people for this. All it takes is some new pilot recording/reporting stuff they've never seen before and some bit ignorant game master making some bad judgement calls and mistakes. Your combined efforts can result in somebody suffering from out-of-synch issues or lag getting banned for it.

^To be clear, mistake here is fully on BW, not on person sending the video. Only one party here is in position to " make mistakes". Clearly these mistakes do happen though. Getting incorrecrtly given ban overruled at no point felt easy,simple or certain. I was very lucky in that I was armed with a video showing precisely how it all looked from my POV. Yet, I'm not sure if my efforts alone would have been enough to get it overruled. People at BW responsible of handling bans don't in any direct way " work with you" nor provide you with any kind of useful information. They won't even tell you why you were banned. At least not via mail. In case you got baned unjustly/by mistake, good luck and have fun making your case for them, trying to figure out why you are banned.

IIrc you mentioned you play from Australia Trixx, right? Be carefull and bit paranoid of lag is my advice. Half of the time you see people doing some subtle lagged movement and jerky flightpaths as you put it, it just might be you lagging, not them. Both alternatives can make them appear jerky on your screen. Lag badly enough and have enough bad luck, and you get to spin dialogue wheel with their accountdispute copypastas. <- - This is sincere advice to anyone really, not some for lulz sith posting. Be paranoid of lag, it can lead to bans.

Edited by Stradlin

I spoke to Invis about you being banned Stradin, and his estimation was that Bioware must have had a new employee who had never seen D-Sync before, because come on? Being banned for D-sync. Someone really didn't know what they were talking about. And I tend to agree with Invis, I don't even think Bioware are that bad. Usually.

Last week I was accused of cheating. The usual "too much damage" claim. My accuser said he was going to report me. I can safely assume he did and that Bioware reviewed it, because full disclosure; I received an email from Bioware the following morning telling me that one of my characters (the toon I had been playing at the time of the accusation) was breaking Bioware's naming policy, and I was force to rename it. This is quite an old toon that has never been flagged before, until I was reported for cheating. But note, nothing happened in regards the accusation of cheating itself. Bioware no doubt looked at the accusation and my scoreline (I'm sure said person took a screen shot) and decided my accuser was a clueless noob who couldn't hit water standing on a boat and hence couldn't fathom how I can do what I do.

Please use google and YouTube and you’ll find out how wrong you are. I can’t link it here, but it’s not hard to find wall hacks for swtor from two weeks ago and the same wall hacks also work in GSF.

People denying that it’s possible shows their lack of understanding or worse, complicity in covering up the use of said cheats.

I discovered an exploit today by complete accident that allows you to cheat in pvp or GSF. And before you ask what it is, I’m not at liberty to say except that it has to do with lag.

Ive reported the exploit to Bioware so they know what it is and how it works to allow cheating.

Last week I was accused of cheating. The usual "too much damage" claim. My accuser said he was going to report me. I can safely assume he did and that Bioware reviewed it, because full disclosure; I received an email from Bioware the following morning telling me that one of my characters (the toon I had been playing at the time of the accusation) was breaking Bioware's naming policy, and I was force to rename it. This is quite an old toon that has never been flagged before, until I was reported for cheating. But note, nothing happened in regards the accusation of cheating itself. Bioware no doubt looked at the accusation and my scoreline (I'm sure said person took a screen shot) and decided my accuser was a clueless noob who couldn't hit water standing on a boat and hence couldn't fathom how I can do what I do.

I’ve had the same thing happen to me this month (there must be some new CS Mods who are really prudish that they make up meanings).

Funnily enough I had the same Alt with a similar version of the same name have a problem last year. I asked them to confirm how it broke the naming rules and they had to really stretch the English language syntax and meaning to fit the category of breaking the naming rules.

I ended up asking them last time if I could use a similar name and I even got permission for the one that I chose to replace it. I’ve had zero problems with the character name for 12 months and then I got reported for hacking in GSF of all things.

Of course I wasn’t cheating and nothing happened from that report except an email to say I had to change my character name again (even though Bioware approved the rename I chose last time :rolleyes:)

Here's videos RE: what Luc is talking about.

This is somebody looking at my flying:

Completely insane, right? Porting all over the place, spinning wildly,sith was wild!

Luckily things felt weird enough for me to record my POV to it too. Same match:

Videos overlap: moments in time Grav recorded are present on my video too.

Anyone who has done..say, 100 GSF matches or more can spot lots of weird things on my video too. Lasers not hitting stationary objects, satelites not getting capped even when they should, my drones dropping infront of me, as opposed to behind etc. However..somebody who has never really done GSF prolly won't see anything weird in my video. On my screen, my ship flies just as it should. Its just that I'm nowhere near where my screen claims and can't really interact with anything around me.

I've usually been somewhat paranoid about lag and "optics" involved. Rather just leaving those matches. This particular match tho..things I've come to always expect with lag weren't there. I experience no ability delay for example. My LMB, RMB and engine boost, on my screen, all work normally. It didn't register as "bad lag" in traditional sense. Rather, I figured match or server is somehow borked. My ping was fine, Ops chat seemingly worked without delay etc.

Three days of contacting BW via various means and sending them my pov resulted in them apologizing and overturning my ban. If I had not recorded my video..who knows what would have happened. I got lots of help from some of the most experienced members of awesome GSF community at this stage. Who knows what would have happened if I hadn't.

Basically TLDR: have bad enough luck and bad enough lag and you can get banned for it.

I don't recommend getting banned btw. Was a very annoying experience. They don't tell you why you get baned, for example. I got 3 mails from them. "We banned you!" - mail, "you are so banned!" - mail and "we are very sorry, unbanned now:)"- mail. At least the first two mails were complete copy pastes written to suit literally anybody who gets banned for any reason. None of the three mails talk about my case or my ban in any specific or personal way. Basically, you are expected to make your case and defend against unjust ban without even knowing why you got banned. Which is a gg to be sure. I'd still not be sure why I got the ban had I not called EA and asked. I might still be banned without help from few extremely seasoned people from GSF community (folks with over 10.000 matches played, rather than mere thousands) stepping in and explaining to BW what they saw in that video.

I don't exactly love how the entire point of accountdispute email is to put you in a position where you feel you have to call EA customer support in an effort to get any information. It isn't a cheap hobby from my home country. I don't love feeling I have no path forward besides that because of their mistake. I don't love it how I would not even know why I was banned if I had not called. Lets assume I had not called and just sat through the 7 day ban in silence. How am I now supposed to know how to avoid getting banned for my sins AGAIN. I'd not know what I did wrong. Folks you reach by calling customer support only " work there" and can't directly do anything besides oggle at your rap sheet and explain to you what they see there. Arcane, hidden knowledge such as why you got banned could be shared via the automated mails too ofc. But then, you wouldn't call them.

So Trixx, when you saying..

I'm happy to tell you you are wrong; they do ban people for this. All it takes is some new pilot recording/reporting stuff they've never seen before and some bit ignorant game master making some bad judgement calls and mistakes. Your combined efforts can result in somebody suffering from out-of-synch issues or lag getting banned for it.

^To be clear, mistake here is fully on BW, not on person sending the video. Only one party here is in position to " make mistakes". Clearly these mistakes do happen though. Getting incorrecrtly given ban overruled at no point felt easy,simple or certain. I was very lucky in that I was armed with a video showing precisely how it all looked from my POV. Yet, I'm not sure if my efforts alone would have been enough to get it overruled. People at BW responsible of handling bans don't in any direct way " work with you" nor provide you with any kind of useful information. They won't even tell you why you were banned. At least not via mail. In case you got baned unjustly/by mistake, good luck and have fun making your case for them, trying to figure out why you are banned.

IIrc you mentioned you play from Australia Trixx, right? Be carefull and bit paranoid of lag is my advice. Half of the time you see people doing some subtle lagged movement and jerky flightpaths as you put it, it just might be you lagging, not them. Both alternatives can make them appear jerky on your screen. Lag badly enough and have enough bad luck, and you get to spin dialogue wheel with their accountdispute copypastas. <- - This is sincere advice to anyone really, not some for lulz sith posting. Be paranoid of lag, it can lead to bans.

Without arguing with you because you weren’t there, I know what I bloody saw and it wasn’t lag. I can tell the difference you know.

May I suggest you google YouTube wall hacks swtor and you’ll see people doing it in pve only a few weeks ago. That is what I am taking about and it’s 100% possible in GSF too.

^^ I guess I chose the quote I picked from you bit poorly. I speak exclusively of the "Speed/teleport hack", as you call it. Just that when you mention daydreams of recording, pretty..fresh memory of similar gotchya!!!-stuff gone wrong surfaced. You seem exceptionally certain that stuff you see on your screen in online multiplayer is always accurate portrayal of what happenes "in their end". One would think you've grown used to occasional flimsyness due to the unofrtunate(for an Australian) server situation.

I spoke to Invis about you being banned Stradin, and his estimation was that Bioware must have had a new employee who had never seen D-Sync before, because come on? Being banned for D-sync. Someone really didn't know what they were talking about. And I tend to agree with Invis, I don't even think Bioware are that bad. Usually.

Yeah I truly don't know. Maybe they have some quatas to meet?: p Heck, your own case seems to suggest as much! Bit creepy they went all " wellp, found something at least" while looking into you. I suspect world has lost a Jaessa or Kira or Vette or some such?:p More people doing GSF than in a long time. Maybe they figured it needs more eyes watching it? Couple of increasingly infamous afkers can keep right at it without a worry in the world tho it seems.

I've been flying all over the place due to Seasons, The thing happened to me on Leviathan. I wonder if people responsible of babysitting players on French/German server is an entirely different group than people babysittiing English servers? It'd make sense. It has been a while now and I'm discovering the saltiest aftertaste comes from dealing with the account disputes. Bit unfairly, perhaps: ultimnately the thing was solved very quickly. It was just very frustrating how they'd just not respond to me at all. I got 0 human written mails during the whole ordeal.

Edited by Stradlin

I'm still going with it didn't happen in 3s. That said, lag / D-sync can cause this. If you watched the video of Stradin where he was D-synced he appeared to move from one node to the other in 2-3s in a Bomber.

Iokath.

Now this is legit. You did see what you think you saw. Iokath has several spots where if you know the precise location you can go through a wall, but it only works one way and you need to be extremely accurate in your flying. It's a terrain exploit just like the one-way textures on Kuat TDM.

I question how much you know and understand about what's possible here, because being quite frank with you, if you had studied and understood every component in the game and how they interact with other components, knew the visual animations for them and the audio sounds too, you would know that "the map with all the junk" is Iokath. Sorry, but, you just would.

So I'm just going to say this. Stradin was recently incorrectly banned for lag switching. He mentions it above. He was in his bomber and his movement was chaotic to say the least. Someone reported him and he got banned. Thankfully he had recorded that match from his perspective, and with the help of some other long standing knowledgeable pilots he got the ban over turned. So just how "easy" to spot are these lag switchers? I know that every time I see someone lagging or D-sync'ing, I see numerous comments in game about how that person is cheating. Stradin had about the worst case of this you will ever see, but he wasn't doing it deliberately and he wasn't cheating. So just how sure are you that its that easy to spot? Because from the sounds of it, you would have been convinced that Stradin was cheating, and you would have been wrong.

Dude, I’m not going to argue with you over this. I respect your help with the GSF community and the info you provide is invaluable.

But I do understand how hacking in this game works. And what ever you can do in the ground aspect of this game can also be done in GSF using the exactly the same hacking software you can pay a subscription for. Surely your not going to deny the speed hacking and wall hacking that’s been heavily documented on YouTube, twitch and reported directly to Bioware with video evidence on discord.

Just because GSF cheats arent splashed all over YouTube (yet), doesn’t means it’s not possible or isn’t happening.

I do know (from you) there are some texture spots that allow one way access through walls without hacking, but Im pretty sure the person I saw was not using them in 3 out of the 4 spots. I will concede I don’t know them all and it is possible that one of the spots was an exploit in the texture, but not all of the 4 spots I saw in the same map surely?

Let me ask this, in the iokath map there is a massive piece of floating wall (that looks like ground) that’s solid and flat. Are you saying that right in the middle of it there is a texture exploit that you actually know of and someone hasn’t reported it to Bioware to fix? If that the case then I’d love to see a video of someone using it so we can campaign for Bioware to fix it. I know it can’t be posted here, but if you know of one you can PM me, please do.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

^^ I guess I chose the quote I picked from you bit poorly. I speak exclusively of the "Speed/teleport hack", as you call it. Just that when you mention daydreams of recording, pretty..fresh memory of similar gotchya!!!-stuff gone wrong surfaced. You seem exceptionally certain that stuff you see on your screen in online multiplayer is always accurate portrayal of what happenes "in their end" One would think you grown used to occasional flimsyness due to the unofrtunate(for an Australian) server situation.

Like I said, I can tell the difference because as you say, “one would think you grown used to it”. Which is true, you do get used to it and that’s how I can tell the difference when something is different to what I usually see.

The weird crap I see in this game from lag and the game engine is so regular that I know what’s lag and the game engine failing and what’s not.

I can even tell if it’s my system software doing it because I’ve streamlined my PC setup and network to specifically eliminate as much none game related stuff as possible just to play swtor.

Please use google and YouTube and you’ll find out how wrong you are. I can’t link it here, but it’s not hard to find wall hacks for swtor from two weeks ago and the same wall hacks also work in GSF.

People denying that it’s possible shows their lack of understanding or worse, complicity in covering up the use of said cheats.

Trixx, man, really. You're talking to someone who has played 20k games, and you have the audacity to tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about. Forget exploits. We all know what the exploits are in GSF. That's been covered many times. Send me a video of someone actually using a hack.

Trixx, man, really. You're talking to someone who has played 20k games, and you have the audacity to tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about. Forget exploits. We all know what the exploits are in GSF. That's been covered many times. Send me a video of someone actually using a hack.

I didn’t say he didn’t know what he was talking about, I inferred that he was covering it up because he was denying it’s possible.

Unless we are there to see something, how can anyone outright deny the possibility that it happened. Not everyone records the game play for prosperity and some people like me specifically disable features like that because it can affect your game play in this game if you have long distance problems you are trying to mitigate against.

What I will do is PM you about something.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Just because GSF cheats arent splashed all over YouTube (yet), doesn’t means it’s not possible or isn’t happening.

Also doesn't mean that it is, until proven otherwise.

I do know (from you) there are some texture spots that allow one way access through walls without hacking, but Im pretty sure the person I saw was not using them in 3 out of the 4 spots. I will concede I don’t know them all and it is possible that one of the spots was an exploit in the texture, but not all of the 4 spots I saw in the same map surely?
All this guy is doing is flying over to those coding errors when he's being chased. Simple. You just have to know where they are.

Let me ask this, in the iokath map there is a massive piece of floating wall (that looks like ground) that’s solid and flat. Are you saying that right in the middle of it there is a texture exploit that you actually know of and someone hasn’t reported it to Bioware to fix? If that the case then I’d love to see a video of someone using it so we can campaign for Bioware to fix it. I know it can’t be posted here, but if you know of one you can PM me, please do.
Invis has reported all of them, Bioware never replied and never did anything. Still not a hack though.... Edited by Ttoilleekul

Also doesn't mean that it is, until proven otherwise.

All this guy is doing is flying over to those coding errors when he's being chased. Simple. You just have to know where they are.

Invis has reported all of them, Bioware never replied and never did anything. Still not a hack though....

So you know what spot I’m talking about on the large flat surfaced debris? And it’s a known texture problem?

Can you please send me a list of the ones you know about as I will set about gathering info to petition Bioware to fix them.

Also if I know what and where they are I can more easily eliminate them from any future hack reports before sending them to Bioware. That way I don’t waste Bioware’s time.

So you know what spot I’m talking about on the large flat surfaced debris? And it’s a known texture problem?

Can you please send me a list of the ones you know about as I will set about gathering info to petition Bioware to fix them.

Also if I know what and where they are I can more easily eliminate them from any future hack reports before sending them to Bioware. That way I don’t waste Bioware’s time.

Unfortunately I cannot. While I know there are several in Iokath, I only know where one of them is myself. The reason for this is that Invis showed it to me during a training session. For clarity - because Invis is not a cheater - he was showing me from the perspective of "look what Bioware won't fix!." He then proceeded to tell me there were more, within the Iokath map. He would have shown me the rest if I had asked to see them, but I didn't. We were training other things at the time, and this was just by the by. I was far more interested in the other stuff he was showing me that improved my flying. I could ask him if he's interested in helping you, but I know he doesn't play all that much right now....

Edited by Ttoilleekul

Unfortunately I cannot. While I know there are several in Iokath, I only know where one of them is myself. The reason for this is that Invis showed it to me during a training session. For clarity - because Invis is not a cheater - he was showing me from the perspective of "look what Bioware won't fix!." He then proceeded to tell me there were more, within the Iokath map. He would have shown me the rest if I had asked to see them, but I didn't. We were training other things at the time, and this was just by the by. I was far more interested in the other stuff he was showing me that improved my flying. I could ask him if he's interested in helping you, but I know he doesn't play all that much right now....

It’s a shame Bioware haven’t got a publicly available list that could be stickied and updated by Bioware and players. Then everyone would know where they are and the pressure would be on Bioware to fix them in some way.

So Invis does still play? If so, maybe he could put a list together for all of the community to see and understand where the maps are broken and why. If Bioware have a copy and we have a copy, we can all update it if more are found.

But we need Bio to allow it and that would go a long way to transparency around exploits, fixes, accountability and would instil some faith that people aren’t hacking and that Bioware are working to fix the issues,

Sadly, I think the more we accept this as normal game play that there are some people who know where and how to exploit the maps to their advantage, the more it degrades community trust and encourages false reporting and people being accused of hacking. And while it might not be hacking as such, using those hidden map exploits on purpose is still technically cheating. That’s how toxicity ferments and I think that’s the last thing we want if Bioware’s intends to keep growing the GSF community through GS2.

I know I don’t like being accused of hacking and I know you don’t. The only way you stop that from happening is to educate the players and have some community transparency around the map “bugs” or exploits.

We also know any hacking that might be occurring is really minimal and not wide spread. But we also know that it only takes a few bad apples in consecutive games to give the impression that it’s more. That and people not knowing about the map exploits or all the different ship abilities/builds or the lag bugs people and the system generate.

If it was in ground pvp, every PVPer would already know by now all the spots on the map that let you walk through walls or hide out of bounds. But because it’s GSF and the map is on multiple axis, often with 3D junk floating around, it’s going to be hard to pin point them all without community help and a public list we can make and double check off as they’re identified and or fixed.

I guess it comes down to wether -

a. Bioware will let us publicly make a list on the forums

b. Wether the people currently using the map exploits to give themselves an unfair advantage are willing to give up that info and their advantage. (To be clear, I’m not insinuating you or Invis are doing this)

If we can identify them, maybe Bioware can add kill fields and if you try to go out of bounds, aka, pass through walls, like they did in ranked and reg pvp. That stopped people from using similar map bugs in arena maps to bypass the acid mechanics.

Edited by TrixxieTriss