Maintenance: November 17th, 2015

TaitWatson

You are playing an mmorpg, it is meant to be played with others...

It is indeed a massively multi-player on-line RPG. says nothing about players having to play in groups.. there are both group and solo content; with even more solo content as of 4.0. The single fact alone, that BW have dedicated so much resource time to single/solo player progress and endgame tasters, clearly shows that BW believe there is an importance in the solo gamer, which in turn negates your response and underlying attitude towards, those of us who prefer to play solo.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. If I can still solo heroics, I will be fine with changes.

I would like to add to this; if I still can solo heroics quickly...

If I'm expected to rinse and repeat content to raise influence, it better have a minimum of downtime, otherwise it just becomes tedious and I will no longer bother.

So everything you didn't list that currently requires artifact authorization will continue to do so?

Also my armstech still won't get all the researched barrels that you lost and are not in her archive a month later?

I know this is progress but c'mon meow.

I hope you aren't looking at another month for the next batch of fixes like crafting missions not returning the proper materials etc.

Companion base stats have been reduced.

Companion damage and healing output has been reduced.

Good, but by how much? Because my sub ends in a few days, less than a fortnight, and tomorrow would normally be the day I resub, so the first thing I intend to do when I get on is check I can still solo SF. Cuz if I can't.... well, there are a fair few games out there I enjoy a lot more than this already.

Hey everyone,

As you can tell, the website is back online, but the game servers are still down. We are actively investigating an issue with client patching. Unfortunately, I don't have any ETA for you right now, but will keep you updated as I find out more!

Thanks,

Tait

My guild is anxious to get online and conquer Yavin 4. Bring up the servers already! :D

Seriously though, better be on the safe side and make sure the patch is working for BitRaider users. Multiple players in my guild who still use BitRaider had problems downloading the patch.

Edited by Jerba

Hey everyone,

As you can tell, the website is back online, but the game servers are still down. We are actively investigating an issue with client patching. Unfortunately, I don't have any ETA for you right now, but will keep you updated as I find out more!

Thanks,

Tait

Since this week is on of the rather rare conquest weeks, will we get a change on the conquest schedule, since it seems Europe is going to lose the day for conquest?

Since this week is on of the rather rare conquest weeks, will we get a change on the conquest schedule, since it seems Europe is going to lose the day for conquest?

Why would they do that? Everyone on the server is affected equally so delaying or repeating the conquest won't help. One day delay won't break the whole conquest week.

In fact, since they posted the schedule early this time, players expected it to be definite and planned their playing time/vacation days around it. Changing the schedule now will cause more problems than a maintenance that lasted a few hours longer than usually. ;)

Why would they do that? Everyone on the server is affected equally so delaying or repeating the conquest won't help. One day delay won't break the whole conquest week.

In fact, since they posted the schedule early this time, players expected it to be definite and planned their playing time/vacation days around it. Changing the schedule now will cause more problems than a maintenance that lasted a few hours longer than usually. ;)

Because for EU players its already approaching late evening, and there is, as yet, no idea when servers are going to come back online. So EU players are going to lose an entire day. Whereas NA players will probably still be on at prime time.

For one thing, 5AM-9AM PST = 1PM-5PM GMT, which is basically work hours for Europeans.

Whereas 5AM is NOT work hours for (West Coast) Americans.

Now if you want them to do things even earlier, then you'd be seeing Bioware employees working at like 3AM.

Unless you want to shell out money for Bioware to move to Europe, then I can't see what you're complaining about.

Since they are segregated servers, in which you can't even transfer players btwn Europe and North America, they should be able to have separate maintenance times as well. That way they don't so negatively affect their European player base.

Because for EU players its already approaching late evening, and there is, as yet, no idea when servers are going to come back online. So EU players are going to lose an entire day. Whereas NA players will probably still be on at prime time.

Like I wrote, not a problem. NA users play on NA servers, Europeans play on EU servers. So even if Europe has one less day to do conquest, this is not a problem because conquest is only a server-wide competition. Why care if NA has more time to contribute to conquest if they are no competitiion for your server? :confused:

Like I wrote, not a problem. NA users play on NA servers, Europeans play on EU servers. So even if Europe has one less day to do conquest, this is not a problem because conquest is only a server-wide competition. Why care if NA has more time to contribute to conquest if they are no competitiion for your server? :confused:

Its not about which guild wins. Its about having sufficient time to complete individual conquest goals. I can already tell you which guilds will win on my server, its the same 5 guilds that have won every conquest since they launched conquest a year ago.

What many of us on European servers are concerned about are getting the individual achievement and completing our own conquest goals, which this puts a major dent in.

For one thing, 5AM-9AM PST = 1PM-5PM GMT, which is basically work hours for Europeans.

Whereas 5AM is NOT work hours for (West Coast) Americans.

Now if you want them to do things even earlier, then you'd be seeing Bioware employees working at like 3AM.

Unless you want to shell out money for Bioware to move to Europe, then I can't see what you're complaining about.

Thank you, i felt embarrassed for being european when i read KrukPL's post.

Its not about which guild wins. Its about having sufficient time to complete individual conquest goals. I can already tell you which guilds will win on my server, its the same 5 guilds that have won every conquest since they launched conquest a year ago.

What many of us on European servers are concerned about are getting the individual achievement and completing our own conquest goals, which this puts a major dent in.

Don't worry, this week it is very easy to reach the goal. There are plenty of one-time flashpoints that give you points, and just crafting a single conquest material will get you nearly halfway to the goal. There are way more difficult conquest weeks than Revenge of the Revanites.