How much is a lot of money now?

Gebrakstkasten

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think a billion is what you need at the least to have a lot of money. Especially with the amplifiers and new gearing system not being friendly towards lower income players. Credit sellers certainly doesn't help the situation either. I have a bunch of friends who mainly buy credits to afford stuff. Edited by Talon_strikes

When you hit the Billion mark it actually becomes easier to make money. A bit like real life.

I had a billion going into this expansion and I’m just about to hit 2 Billion.

On the flip side, if you did have a lot of credits going it, then you are most likely poor by now. All the increased prices and credit sinks will have drained your credits.

When you hit the Billion mark it actually becomes easier to make money. A bit like real life.

I had a billion going into this expansion and I’m just about to hit 2 Billion.

On the flip side, if you did have a lot of credits going it, then you are most likely poor by now. All the increased prices and credit sinks will have drained your credits.

I had 80 Mil … now at 1.3 bil. Target: 2.5 bil

I wondered the same thing right before 6.0 hit. This would be my guess based on what I've seen and heard on SF. What it would look like if achievements were released today.

Modestly Wealthy - 1,000,000

Rich - 10,000,000

Exorbitantly Wealthy - 100,000,000

High Roller - 1,000,000,000

New Leader of the Desilijic Crime Family - 10,000,000,000

"Well more wealth than you can imagine" - 100,000,000,000+

Where the population falls (Star Forge)

0 - 10,000,000 common

10,000,001 - 100,000,000 uncommon

100,000,001 - 1,000,000,000 rare (5%)

1,000,000,001 - 10,000,000,000 Very rare (1%)

10,000,000,001 - 50,000,000,000 ultra rare (0.5%)

50,000,000,001+ Unheard of (<.1%)

Only Bioware knows for sure though

Edited by Drew_Braxton

it takes me ~100m just to make a new alt.... Commanders Datacron, and Companion affection are the most expensive part, with the balance going mostly to legacy unlocks....

my opinion is that you need at least 200mil to be counted as "wealthy" anymore, and at least 1bn to be "rich".... takes ~3bn to completely kit out a guild

Edited by Void_Singer

As the people have already said, having 1 bil is probably considered just the right amount of money atm, so a LOT would mean having the credit cap on several toons (or 10 bil in legacy bay).

I still remember getting the achievement for having 10 mil, which was a lot back then. Oh well, times change.

I am guessing that for some factors of the "end game" the desire to have the best of the best means that credits have a purpose?

I speak as one who has yet to complete the KOTFE story but it seems to be like credits and gear are literally thrown at you and you soon find yourself sitting on a pile of credits and wondering what the heck you are to do with them.

As the people have already said, having 1 bil is probably considered just the right amount of money atm, so a LOT would mean having the credit cap on several toons (or 10 bil in legacy bay).

I still remember getting the achievement for having 10 mil, which was a lot back then. Oh well, times change.

The great majority of players in this game probably do not have anywhere close to 1 billion. I'd bet 95% of the game's population doesn't even have a tenth of that in the legacy bank.

Obviously there are plenty of players who do have 1 billion or more, but they generally have a few things in common...they are founders or players who've been active for years, they've been crafting for a long time, they've been playing the GTN market, or they're whales that flip items bought with CC for credits. Pretty much every SWTOR player with a billion or more in the bank falls into one or more of those categories.

The thing is...most players aren't founders, most players don't craft, most players don't play the GTN market, and most aren't Cartel Market whales. It is a tiny, tiny minority of players that possesses a great deal of in game wealth. They're just very over represented on the forums because forumites tend to be the players that are most invested in the game.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Credits mainly now i find are just used to buy cartel items and augments since everything else can quite easily be gotten in game.

I would say around 200mil could be considered a lot of money since i find most of the higher end cartel items seem to sell for that much on the GTN.

Returning back from a while and it appears that inflation keeps going up. I remember when I thought 10 mil was a lot, but now I feel broke at $100 million.

I'd still say that 100 million is a lot, in relation to the amount of credits it takes to play the game. That is enough to pay for a few sets of bonus armor and pay for all the little things like repair costs, etc, and still have lots left for frivolity. 🙂

Before Onslaught I had around 500 million. Now, after buying bonus armor and other things - mostly cosmetic - I went down to about 150 million. Now I'm back up to about 250 mill. Target: Zero (0) million credits. You can't take them with you. :)

Edited by JediQuaker

This is probably close to accurate. With one million, you're going in the right direction, but you'll burn through a hundred million pretty quick at end game, notably if you like to min/max. One billion and you should be fairly comfortable.

Edited by Pirana

Geez, I didn't know anyone actually had a billion credits. I was feeling happy to have 10 million...

Other than the GTN, where are people making the money?

Very few players have a billion credits. Its just that those that do are much more likely to be founders or long term players who are very active in the game and on the forums.

But to answer your question, short of selling CM items on the GTN or playing the buy low/resell high game on the GTN, a lot of time spent crafting in the game. Crafting is the best means of earning a lot of wealth short of selling CM items or flipping items on the GTN.

Geez, I didn't know anyone actually had a billion credits. I was feeling happy to have 10 million...

Other than the GTN, where are people making the money?

We would tell you, but then we'd have to... well, you know the rest. :D

All kidding aside, Aeneas_Falco summed it up best. That explanation is the gist of it. Running Heroics is always a good option as well.

Edited by Pirana

Best way to make creds is to create a female Twilek (body type 2,) dress her in a scantily designed outfit, and then sell lap dances on fleet to the drunken RPers in the cantina.

;)

Seriously, though, best ways have already been said. Play the Market (buy low / sell high,) Craft and sell (takes research to find out what crafting items sell best at the best prices and they do change over time,) and use CCs to buy items from the Market and flip them for creds on the GTN.

If you like to grind and have the time to do so, you can make a few million per day per toon by doing dailes and heroics. After a couple months of grinding you can accumulate a couple hundred million creds, assuming you don't spend them.

Also, most billionaires in game, and in real life, don't blow their creds on themselves by buying the new monthly shinies. They usually take the creds they make and reinvest it in more credit-generating activities by expanding out in crafting more things or buying more low-priced things off GTN and reselling them higher on GTN. But no matter which method you choose to generate creds, it takes time and patience, especially if you are crafting or just flipping low-cost items. Grinding, by playing, is probably the slowest method, but it is a steady flow of credits if you like to play the game via grinding the dailies and heroics.

It depends on what you want to achieve with your credits.

In my case, I have about 200 million on my characters, and this doesn't help me at all with my task. That task is to complete my cartel market collection. However, the rare items that I am still missing cost so much that 200 million would buy me (maybe) one of those items. And I'm not willing to spend all my credits on one single item.

On the other hand, I don't need anything else, so I have 200 million for which I have no use. What I want to buy, I cannot buy with it, and what I could buy, I don't want or need. What a life. :p

Generally, I agree with the 1 billion thingy.

Returning back from a while and it appears that inflation keeps going up. I remember when I thought 10 mil was a lot, but now I feel broke at $100 million.

A lot of money is whatever you need to buy most of the things you want and still have a healthy amount left over.

With the rising inflation caused directly by Trixxie's going from 1 billion to 2 billion credits, there's no way to put a concrete figure on it anymore. One day your favorite items can cost 25 mil, and the next Trixxie buys them all and lists them for 75 mil, which becomes the new norm because she has enough money to make it so.

P.S. This is a true but humorous jab at Trixxie not meant to offend in any way.