New Short Story -- "Quite A Story To Tell"

CaitlinSullivan

If you take a look at the ending of "Quite A Story To Tell," you’ll notice that I’ve changed the Jedi Master that Syl and Satele mention. I’d like to thank those of you who constructively pointed out Master Gnost-Dural’s inclusion, and I’d like to apologize to anyone who took this story as an implication that anyone’s choices are more “canon” than others. I want to reassure everyone that that is absolutely not the case.

It was a genuine mistake, plus it was fixed so no harm no foul. To be fair when I first read it I questioned it, but I just wrote it off when I remember that the devs are kinda biased when it comes to some of the trailers as a lot of the non cgi ones feature the Jedi Knight. So I assumed this was a similar case in that this story was being told from the republic point of view or something. (actually I don't know if killing Gnost-Dural is an option on the republic side, can someone fact check me on that?)

This is probably going to look like I'm pointing fingers but I'm genuinely curious, why didn't any of the developers or other story writers who proof read/reviewed this story bit (if they even do that sort of thing, and if not why?) not catch that and say "Whoa, we might have a bit of a hiccup with Gnost-Dural." 'cause it sounds like the fans are the ones who needed to point this out.

Actually if any players have an answer for me too I'd love to know!

EDIT: Also, there is still a bit of a mistake in the short story;

“What fortunate timing,” Master Satele replied. “There is someone I would like *him* to speak with.”

This is right after the part where Syl says Sal-Daron (previously Gnost-Dural until the change) wanted to see Satele.

I believe Sal-Daron is female.

Edited by Darth_Xyphos

I hope you all consider this change to be a welcome addition, as well as an improvement to the quality of “Quite A Story To Tell.” Thank you all again for your engagement, and may the Force be with you… always!

Thank you for the kind response! Really looking forward to more short stories in the near future. Keep up the great work!

H

If you take a look at the ending of "Quite A Story To Tell," you’ll notice that I’ve changed the Jedi Master that Syl and Satele mention. I’d like to thank those of you who constructively pointed out Master Gnost-Dural’s inclusion, and I’d like to apologize to anyone who took this story as an implication that anyone’s choices are more “canon” than others. I want to reassure everyone that that is absolutely not the case.!

Actually I didn't see a problem with it as it seems to be told from the Republic stand point due to the fact both Syl and Satele are republic and therefore I expected to see a republic viewpoint on it as the Republic had to deal with Darth Malora and it would seem that Master Gnost-Dural did not die in the republic side of the story. It is possible that Darth Malora did die though.

Actually I didn't see a problem with it as it seems to be told from the Republic stand point due to the fact both Syl and Satele are republic and therefore I expected to see a republic viewpoint on it as the Republic had to deal with Darth Malora and it would seem that Master Gnost-Dural did not die in the republic side of the story. It is possible that Darth Malora did die though.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you mention Malora since she is not part of the short story at all. And both Republic and Imperial characters get the "It seems you have quite a story to tell"-cutscene at the end of EoO, making it a neutral part of the overall story arc that seems to be important for both sides. Obviously the developers felt the same about not wanting to favour sides, otherwise they would not have changed it but instead said that it's written from a Republic perspective and left it at that.

I personally am glad they listened and changed it. Others might feel it was unnecessary, but I hope it does not take away from anyone's enjoyment that they did.

That said I am really looking forward to the Flashpoint now. I hope we get to know what Malgus was searching for in the enclave.

I personally am glad they listened and changed it. Others might feel it was unnecessary, but I hope it does not take away from anyone's enjoyment that they did.

I am glad that they changed the name, but there is still one small issue with the change, as Satele still mentions "There is someone I would like him to speak with", Sal-Deron is female, however. Small issue, really, but that is what happens with copy-paste changes.

Hey again, everyone! Thank you all so much for taking the time to read “Quite A Story To Tell” and provide your feedback. I’m so happy to see that many of you enjoyed reading it, because I really enjoyed writing it! And seeing so much discussion has gotten me really excited to hear all your thoughts about "Secrets of the Enclave."

If you take a look at the ending of "Quite A Story To Tell," you’ll notice that I’ve changed the Jedi Master that Syl and Satele mention. I’d like to thank those of you who constructively pointed out Master Gnost-Dural’s inclusion, and I’d like to apologize to anyone who took this story as an implication that anyone’s choices are more “canon” than others. I want to reassure everyone that that is absolutely not the case.

I hope you all consider this change to be a welcome addition, as well as an improvement to the quality of “Quite A Story To Tell.” Thank you all again for your engagement, and may the Force be with you… always!

I applaud you for changing the story based on feedback! I never saw Satele meeting with Gnost-Dural as an issue since I figured this was written from the Republic storyline perspective, though if that wasn't the intention then I can see why this change was necessary.