I have seen no one talking about this, maybe it's not allowed, sorry...

Joluka

Good points.

I remember being ridiculously frustrated watching the prequel movies when Anakin fell. It felt sudden and very poorly justified. Filoni came in with Clone Wars and fixed it. He gave Anakin a gradual descent into darkness that made sense. Instead of shaking my head and sighing, I felt sorrow when Anakin fell in the animated series. It finally made sense. I developed much more of an emotional attachment to animated Anakin than to Hayden Christensen's take.

Like others, I'm not thrilled about the return of Thrawn. He's a good character, don't get me wrong. I loved him in Rebels. I also love Ahsoka. I just feel like The Mandalorian was special because it introduced new characters, and now they're being overshadowed by classic characters.

But, at the end of the day, I trust Filoni. Even if I can't imagine how it will be good, he'll somehow make it awesome.

Well said !!

I do believe that Filoni is trying to clean up a lot of the "disturbances" left behind by other writers / directors and is genuinely trying to bring an overall cohesiveness to the SW saga.

IMO... his influence .. so far so good !

Like others, I'm not thrilled about the return of Thrawn. He's a good character, don't get me wrong. I loved him in Rebels. I also love Ahsoka. I just feel like The Mandalorian was special because it introduced new characters, and now they're being overshadowed by classic characters.

But, at the end of the day, I trust Filoni. Even if I can't imagine how it will be good, he'll somehow make it awesome.

The key thing to remember here I think is that Thrawn has not actually come back. He was name dropped in relation to Ahsoka's quest (which we don't even know what it is exactly, since Ezra was not name dropped).

Honestly, I'll be surprised if his name is mentioned at all in the rest of the season, just as i don't think Ahsoka will be re-appearing this season. Should Ahsoka re-appear in season 3 or 4 (which I think is likely considering she seemed to be very well received by audiences, and because Filoni can't help but bring her into his projects), it'll probably be little more than an intersection of stories, and Thrawn will likely be handled the same way.

One thing i'm curious about though in regards to Tython, Are we going to take awhile getting there? So far in the show we've been operating in a relatively small part of the Outer Rim, whereas Tython is in the Deep Core. Will he be able to just hyperspace straight there? or will he have to make his way through New Republic territory first? Will be interesting to see what they do

Edited by MadDutchman

The key thing to remember here I think is that Thrawn has not actually come back. He was name dropped in relation to Ahsoka's quest (which we don't even know what it is exactly, since Ezra was not name dropped).

Honestly, I'll be surprised if his name is mentioned at all in the rest of the season, just as i don't think Ahsoka will be re-appearing this season. Should Ahsoka re-appear in season 3 or 4 (which I think is likely considering she seemed to be very well received by audiences, and because Filoni can't help but bring her into his projects), it'll probably be little more than an intersection of stories, and Thrawn will likely be handled the same way.

One thing i'm curious about though in regards to Tython, Are we going to take awhile getting there? So far in the show we've been operating in a relatively small part of the Outer Rim, whereas Tython is in the Deep Core. Will he be able to just hyperspace straight there? or will he have to make his way through New Republic territory first? Will be interesting to see what they do

I'd expect the next episode not to be him going directly to Tython, something will appear that will take him out of that course.

He has to be back because...

Ahsoka was told by Sabine Wren what happened to Thrawn and Ezra, so she wouldn't be hunting him after all these years if he was dead or lost. Magistrate Morgan Elsbeth likely wouldn't consider herself his current protege if they had no contact since the fall of the Empire.

I have friends who didn't watch Rebels or Clone Wars, didn't read any of the novels, and didn't follow the comics/graphic novels. They are very much enjoying The Mandalorian and are able to follow the story without back knowledge. Even though they don't spot the Easter Eggs and callbacks, they are having fun. They've also become interested enough in Star Wars to do a little reading online about Ahsoka, Thrawn, and other characters.

BTW, if you haven't tried the Mandalorian breakfast cereal, it's very tasty!

He has to be back because...

Ahsoka was told by Sabine Wren what happened to Thrawn and Ezra, so she wouldn't be hunting him after all these years if he was dead or lost. Magistrate Morgan Elsbeth likely wouldn't consider herself his current protege if they had no contact since the fall of the Empire.

Except we don't know when the Ahsoka part of the epilogue of Rebels took place. Filoni in an interview stated that it was "possible" that it actually happened after the events of Mandalorian. Course he could be trolling, he does that, but we can't say for sure.

There are other scenarios as well that could explain the current state of affairs. Ex. Sabine and Ahsoka team up after the events of ROTJ, go hunting Ezra, but find that him and Thrawn didn't stick together, so Sabine went chasing Ezra's trail, and Ahsoka went chasing Thrawn's trail, which leads us to what we see here. None of this requires Thrawn to be involved in current events, or that he will rejoining the Empire, or that he will interact with Mando in any way going forward.

Filoni has regularly said he wants this show to be about Mando and Baby Yoda, and characters like Thrawn and Ahsoka can very easily take over the show.

watched, only one problem I saw with Tython in the Mandalorian

(SPOILER)....

It was mentioned as being in the outer rim, Not in the Core.

How do you move a whole freaking planet???????????

maybe ...... size matters not?

watched, only one problem I saw with Tython in the Mandalorian

(SPOILER)....

It was mentioned as being in the outer rim, Not in the Core.

How do you move a whole freaking planet???????????

maybe ...... size matters not?

How many supposed spin-off shows are we at now? Who saw Dawson's performance and thought, "I want 30+ hours of this?"

Not sure if they count as "spin-offs" but off the top of my head we got

Bbi-wan show (confirmed)

Cassian Andor show (confirmed)

Rebels sequel (I think still unconfirmed)

Bad Batch (confirmed)

Ahsoka show (unconfirmed)

KK and Headland's "female centric" show (confirmed with a high chance of cancellation)

Boba Fett show (confirmed)

I for one would be thrilled to have Dawson do an Ahsoka show, she did a great job of it

If all those rumors about Luke's hand and Anakin's arm and Rey's DNA and spirits/inheritance deciding whether you are Light-side or Dark-side are true, I'm going to be physically ill. It's even worse than midichlorians.

No offense, but whatever they release, I'm sticking to shows produced by Dave Filoni and completely avoiding garbage put out by Kathleen Kennedy.

If all those rumors about Luke's hand and Anakin's arm and Rey's DNA and spirits/inheritance deciding whether you are Light-side or Dark-side are true, I'm going to be physically ill. It's even worse than midichlorians.

No offense, but whatever they release, I'm sticking to shows produced by Dave Filoni and completely avoiding garbage put out by Kathleen Kennedy.

What rumours are these? first I've heard of them

(granted, I gave up on anything not done by Filoni awhile ago, so I could easily miss it)