Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Ossus decorations requiring premium materials

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Ossus decorations requiring premium materials

Sarova
02.13.2019 , 06:08 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Here is the full list of costs for the new decorations: (cost given in monumental crystals / masterwork crystals / unassembled components)
Bioluminscent Mushrooms: 0/1/250
Broken Geonosian Egg Clump: 0/2/0
Cracked Geonosian Eggs: 0/2/0
Creeping Roots: 0/2/0
Geonosian Eggs: 0/2/0
Hanging Roots: 0/3/0
Large Stone Torch: 0/2/500
Memorial of the Three: 1/2/0
Ossan Jedi Memorial: 0/3/0
Ossan Temple Column: 0/2/500
Pile of Bones: 1/2/0
Royal Mucus(!): 0/1/250
Statue of the Forgotten Heroine: 1/2/0
Stone Torch: 0/2/0
Of those only the Bioluminscent Mushrooms looked good to me when I was viewing them in-game so I'm not that bothered - at some point I will have geared up my main (except for main hand/off hand) and will be have leftover crystals to able to buy the mushrooms. The rest of the decorations are pretty meh considering the price.
I expect they will alter the prices when they find no one is buying them. Are many raiders/ranked PvPers (the only ones likely to get the currency needed) into decorating their Strongholds? Are strongholds more of a solo player thing? I always thought they were more of a solo player thing. Though I can see Ops guilds maybe paying to get the decoration for their guild ships / guild strongholds maybe.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi

Estelindis
02.13.2019 , 06:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
Are many raiders/ranked PvPers (the only ones likely to get the currency needed) into decorating their Strongholds? Are strongholds more of a solo player thing? I always thought they were more of a solo player thing. Though I can see Ops guilds maybe paying to get the decoration for their guild ships / guild strongholds maybe.
I can't speak to the overall composition of the playerbase or the % of time spent in various activities. I imagine that only BW/EA have that data. However, my experience since I moved most of my characters into large conquest guilds has been that a big enough group has players who overlap in all kinds of ways. I've chatted with plenty of people interested in decorating who take part in group activities, and plenty of decorators who prefer to play solo.

In terms of guild ships / guild strongholds, it looks like the new decorations can be donated to a guild for credits once unlocked (this is what TOR Decorating says - plus BoP decorations can't be manually donated, so credits would be the only way). As such, guilds are already playing the decorating game on easy mode (as usual; as a decorator for several guilds, I say this with no particular rancor). It's just people who decorate personal strongholds who'll have to earn group content materials for each and every copy of a decoration. And that angle does make it more difficult by far for the solo player, speaking here of the one who decorates their own stronghold rather than the group/guild stronghold.
|| Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.

IoNonSoEVero
02.13.2019 , 08:25 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
This is true, particularly given that a lot of progression players who left during their content drought never came back. I say this from experience as my mains on each side have been members of progression guilds since launch (even though I've never been much of a progression player - it's just that these were my first couple of guilds to which I was invited, and I kept my Pub and Imp mains in them for social reasons after getting to know the members). I've listened to many complaints over the years about lack of new, complex, engaging PvE endgame content. I've seen formerly passionate progression players finally lose heart and quit. The message of the day on one of my progression guilds says the guild is in hibernation until the new operation will be complete - but it's been complete for a while now, and no one's really come back, leaving the message of the day as a sad tombstone in limbo. So I absolutely want those progression players who've stayed - and those who've joined in the meantime - to get a nice steady release of content. They were neglected for a long time and I think they deserve updates. But I have to agree that - as far as I can tell - there aren't enough of them to keep the game afloat by themselves.

Now, that being said, I don't think that any particular group is currently as neglected as progression players were during KotFE/KotFE. Over the past year, there's been content for fans of PvE, PvP, story, decorating, and cosmetics. Now there hasn't been an avalanche of content for any one group, certainly, but there has been some. And as long as everyone keeps getting some, I think we can keep going. And, in my opinion, making these decorations less burdened by a massive requirement of materials from group content would help to keep things balanced.
(snip) I don't think the complaint is with raiders getting content; I think the issue really is that they are closing all the doors for non-raiders/PvPers to acquire the gear/decos, and really seeming to be pushing everyone toward the path of group content.

Whatever Galactic Command's flaws might be, you could still play whatever you wanted - chapters, PvP, Ops, whatever - and progress toward getting boxes and/or UCs for gear. Some of those routes were much faster that others, but that's cool. But now they've closed every door except for the few *they* want to keep open and apparently think people should be playing. Trying to tie strongholds together with group content (as they attempted with the Rishi stronghold and now this) seems especially problematic to me.

casirabit
02.13.2019 , 11:13 PM | #24
While nothing they do surprises me anymore, making decorations require the crystals makes no sense. The unassembled components maybe as those you can get when you destroy some gear but the others are only able to be gotten by certain activities and if a person doesn't do those activities then they are not going to get the crystals. The most you are going to get is people to get the crystals for the gear and nothing else.

Furthermore, the only way you will know someone has the decorations is to go visit their strongholds and most have stop doing that so if they are counting on people doing the activities to get those decorations then it seems they didn't think ahead very well.

If they think putting decorations on a vendor will push people into doing the content they want people to do they are sadly mistaken. There is nothing they can do to get me to do content I don't want to do. I had enough of operations at the launch when people were nicer and it was fun. It is no longer fun and I am not going to do group missions such as operations again and listen to complaining and as far as pvp nothing you can do will get me to touch that . What might happen is pushing me further and further away from playing and when I no longer have a reason to play they will no longer get my sub. As it is I only log on twice a week to do some decorating for my guild as I promised.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

Mongorr
02.14.2019 , 01:58 AM | #25
To be honest my first thought was "is this an out of season april's fool joke"?

The costs are absurd for a bunch of decorations that look quite uninspired. Maybe if those were super-awesome, animated decos like the "Holocron of Ancient Masters" (which also has kind of a steep price with the 25 recovered relics needed), it would not feel quite as ridiculous.
Unfortunately we get a bunch of eggs and roots, things that are on the level of simple prefab decos or free flashpoint drops.

I also notice a lot of "recycling" lately with all the jedi-themed stuff. At the moment I'm just wondering when the next deco will be released that's based on the "Statue of an Ancient Jedi" with some minor changes to the base or color. There were a few exceptions like the desert vine and the gardening themed stuff, but overall a lot of the decos look like one guy being tasked to churn out lots of them and not having time to really create something great.
My Alderaan, Coruscant and Tatooine strongholds: https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/caribu/

Storm-Cutter
02.14.2019 , 02:07 AM | #26
It's a GRIND. Progression is a grind. Most of the currency is a GRIND gearing is a GRIND reputation is a GRIND. Conquest is a GRIND leveling is a GRIND, Command ranks are a GRIND

- Okay some are easier than others, and some don't feel much like a grind, since it happens more-or-less naturally, but it's still repeated play for a reward.

We are at the stage where making people repeat content over and over is the only way to keep people in the game since new stuff has slowed to a trickle.

Once you grasp that and make a decision whether to go around the hamster wheel again and again or when to get off, you can rest easy in your bed at night.

"If it be worth stooping for, there it lies in your eye. If not, be it his that finds it. "

They are expensive, but it is not impossible to gain the currency to buy them if you feel it is worth the effort.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Noerra
02.14.2019 , 03:41 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
It's a GRIND. Progression is a grind. Most of the currency is a GRIND gearing is a GRIND reputation is a GRIND. Conquest is a GRIND leveling is a GRIND, Command ranks are a GRIND

- Okay some are easier than others, and some don't feel much like a grind, since it happens more-or-less naturally, but it's still repeated play for a reward.

We are at the stage where making people repeat content over and over is the only way to keep people in the game since new stuff has slowed to a trickle.

Once you grasp that and make a decision whether to go around the hamster wheel again and again or when to get off, you can rest easy in your bed at night.

"If it be worth stooping for, there it lies in your eye. If not, be it his that finds it. "

They are expensive, but it is not impossible to gain the currency to buy them if you feel it is worth the effort.
As game is an entertaining product i expect there to be things to do for me that entertertain me to keep on playing. If whole gameplay starts to be built around things i don't like to do, then that i don't play that game. Very simple.

It is not about grind or working for things, anyone who knows me would laugh right out loud for idea of me not wanting to work for things in games. But there is difference on having satisfying grind doing something you like to do and not having anything to do in game when you don't get anything from activities you actually enjoy. Cause once again, it is entertainment product.

IoNonSoEVero
02.14.2019 , 03:52 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Noerra View Post
As game is an entertaining product i expect there to be things to do for me that entertertain me to keep on playing. If whole gameplay starts to be built around things i don't like to do, then that i don't play that game. Very simple.

It is not about grind or working for things, anyone who knows me would laugh right out loud for idea of me not wanting to work for things in games. But there is difference on having satisfying grind doing something you like to do and not having anything to do in game when you don't get anything from activities you actually enjoy. Cause once again, it is entertainment product.
I think this is what people are missing when they insist that players should just buck up and play content they dislike. It's a game, not a job. It's not supposed to be a chore. It's supposed to be fun.

That doesn't mean it can't be challenging, or time-intensive. But it does mean that it shouldn't be a situation where players' only alternatives are to play content they hate or to walk away from the game because the devs have decided that only one playstyle counts.

DarthSpuds
02.14.2019 , 03:57 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
After all the bugs and BS we've had to put up with lately, making our in-game lives harder is a really dumb move.
Making dumb moves that reduce player enjoyment is the ONLY thing Bioware has succeeded at in SWTOR for the last 2 years.

It is almost like they want less players.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

DarthSpuds
02.14.2019 , 08:11 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Karameck View Post
They aren’t trying to alienate you, they are trying to incentivize behaviors that will help the longevity of the game.
And as with most of the changes they've made the last 24 months achieved the exact opposite to what they intended.

Locking stuff I may want behind modes of play I don't enjoy does not incentivise me to play more; it DOES incentivise me to play less though.

The perceived lack of reward is not the problem with those modes of play, it is the mode of play itself.

MMORPG PVP is so unenjoyable to me that even if winning just 10 matches gave me 100 of every Decoration I could ever want I'd still not do it.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.