New Star Wars Series

MadDutchman

So we had some interesting and (to me) exciting announcements today in the realm of Star Wars

Disney Plus has blown all expectations out of the water, and as such, Disney is re-investing heavily into content for it, with 10 new Star Wars series/spin offs in the next few years.

New stuff I took away:

Ahsoka is now officially confirmed, with Rosario Dawson coming back and Dave Filoni as creator/producer (man alive, does this guy even sleep? At last count that puts him as creator/producer on 3 projects... not that I'm complaining)

Rangers of the New Republic, suggested to be a spinoff following Cara Dune and the events of the Mandalorian

Bad Batch got it's first trailer, which mostly just reveals a great deal of gratuitous mayhem

KK and Headland's "female-centric" show is going to be set in the High Republic era (which to me is ideal short of it being canned, as I can safely ignore it without missing anything in the other timelines)

Probably the most exciting to me in general though is it is basically a vindication of the creative direction of Filoni and Favreau, so the future is looking good i think.

Anyone else find any juicy tidbits from the investor meeting?

I'm really curious and excited for the future, so many shows to keep up, I hope they're all able to tell their story as ably as Mandalorian has. If they keep that same level of quality those shows will be the best thing to happen in Star Wars for a while.

Glad we're getting season 3 and 4 of Mando

Then we get: Rangers of the new republic (spinoff, no confirmation of whom is in it) and Ahsoka. Best part is that all three shows will tie in to each other for a huge event (think MCU Avengers) next December

Andor - ehh will probably be good just because it will definitely blur the line of good vs evil but not that excited about it

Obiwan - very excited and we get Hayden back to play as Vader. They also teased a huge showdown between the two of them. Maybe we'll see why Vader thought he was dead now until New Hope

Bad Batch - looks entertaining

Visions - I'm actually really excited for this one. All shorts written and designed by famous Japanese Anime studios. I hope we hear what studios are doing them

Lando - could be very very good but not a lot of details yet

The Acolyte - based at the end of High Republic. My guess is that it is going to be showing the Sith become more active and the stepping stones that set up Papa Palps

A Droid Story - well its about a new Droid and C-3P0 and R2 will be in it as well. Neutral feelings on this, I'm assuming it will be a kids show

Plus 2 confirmed movies:

Roque Squadron - from Patti Jenkins. Don't know the era but she seems ecstatic about it (plus Wonder Women was awesome). plus the Roque Squadron books are quite liked

And then we have Taika Waititi's movie. It was announced that this is set way in the future after the ROS - the concept art they showed was stunning and want this movie sooner rather than later

Plus all the new stuff coming out next year of the High Republic. I have most everything preordered and crossing my fingers they didn't suck it up lol.

I did find it odd that they didn't announce anything about Rian Johnson's trilogy (whether it was killed or not), along with Kevin Feige's movie, or, JD Dillard's movie. But for now it looks like we'll have some Star Wars to keep us entertained. And while I'm not the biggest fan of Kathleen Kennedy, LucasFilms has brought in the right people to move star wars in the right direction.

Edited by CrazyScruffy

I'm really excited to see what happens with these shows and movies, and hope KK keeps her paws off anything related with the respected shows/movies. Feloni and Favreau are super amazing for jumping on this bandwagon and actually caring about the lore enough to make sure things make sense. Can't wait to see what they come up with!

I'm really excited to see what happens with these shows and movies, and hope KK keeps her paws off anything related with the respected shows/movies. Feloni and Favreau are super amazing for jumping on this bandwagon and actually caring about the lore enough to make sure things make sense. Can't wait to see what they come up with!

All indications at this point is KK has been given the High Republic era as her sandbox to play her feminist games with, but everything else is off limits to her creatively, and will mostly be done by Filoni, Favreau and others who came from the Mandalorian (ex. Deborah Chow and Taika Waititi)

The return of Boba Fett in the Mandalorian is probably the best part for me, reminds me of my childhood watching the older movies and seeing this mysterious bounty hunter, the books were pretty decent too. But it's nice to get an answer to what happened to him, so far we don't have many details aside from him surviving the pit and being a great (edited because of bad word filter lol) fighter lol. Edited by Bxvx

• 3 weeks later...
I don't think I could be more excited for these new shows. I'm all about more star wars.

Considering how hilariously awful the High Republic promotion we just got was, I can't say I'm looking forward to The Acolyte.

Also really don't care about the Droids show. Sounds kinda boring.

Everything else looks promising though