Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

JohnQuinn
12.13.2011 , 09:51 AM | #1361
Quote: Originally Posted by Derbage View Post
Wait for an invitation or play on an extremely overpopulated and lagging server... Hmm, I think I'll wait a few hours/days!
I wouldn't

LORDNIGHT
12.13.2011 , 09:51 AM | #1362
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinvarus View Post
All I'll say is that Bioware must have an idea what range of pre-order dates they're letting in. The least they could do is post saying "Right well anyone who pre-ordered between July 21st and July 30th, will be getting in today." Or something similar, considering they're going by pre-order redemption dates.
The whole point of them not saying something like this is so that when something, god forbid, goes wrong, they won't have people like you crawling up their rear end with BS quotes about the "promised range of dates" that were supposed to be granted early access today. It will happen man, just chillax

vivithemage
12.13.2011 , 09:51 AM | #1363
Now I wait

ChuckThePug
12.13.2011 , 09:51 AM | #1364
Everyone! Back to Karkand while you wait.

Pestwulf
12.13.2011 , 09:51 AM | #1365
Quote: Originally Posted by Nevzo View Post
I'm pretty disgusted to be honest. I assumed by the wording on the website that if I pre-ordered I would be able to play UP TO 5 days earlier if I wanted too... where the heck is my invite???

Pre order is a pre order, i'm shocked the company is so mis-leading in their product.

If I don't get in the next day or so, i'm cancelling because if this is anything to go by the companies behaviour then I for sure will not be playing the game.
Actually, I have to disagree and do something I really am not used to doing to devs and game companies. Give them praise for their feedback.

Early Access is a side benefit of what they are really doing, which is a rolling start to help offset the biggest bane of any newly released MMO and that is getting overwhelmed.

Other MMO's that have not learned from this and have as much anticipation as TOR has, are basically setting themselves up to create their very own Denial of Service attack, hehe.

Be thankful that when you do get in, it will likely be a much more stable environment than any of the last several big MMO's that hit the scene.

On another note, I'm personally on a mission to score as many Brown Side points as I can to potentially get in earlier. *big grin*

JohnAsh
12.13.2011 , 09:51 AM | #1366
The only possible issue i can have with this process is the fact this thread isnt made for the devs only, so we could see the REAL time at which waves take place and not have to wade through miles of rants, complaints and (in some cases) rather silly comments....

criticalchris
12.13.2011 , 09:51 AM | #1367
Thank you Stephen, guys lets try to be civil about this shall we? In due time im sure that we will all be able to log on and start...erm... in due time... We... Play.... f**** it!!! LET US IN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!! HOW CAN YOU CHOOSE HARDWARE EQUIPMENT SUCH AS SERVERS OVER PEOPLES SANITY!!!! LET US IN NOW!!! OR JOIN THE BROWN SIDE!!!

Nevzo
12.13.2011 , 09:52 AM | #1368
It's a rip off by their advertisting.

I wouldn't have pre ordered if I am only going to get one day early access... They know this and that's why they didnt make it public knowledge. So they can rip people off and get the world to preorder

Disgusting.

Completely disgusting , I am going to take this further I think.

Dayshadow
12.13.2011 , 09:52 AM | #1369
For Christ's sake, just give people a estimated date range. Hell, I'd at least like to know what the scheduled rate of invites was projected to be. If I pre-ordered in the first 10 days do have a projected chance of getting in today or only 1st day redeemers?

Seriously, I don't need an exact time. People would like to know if they are, in fact, wasting their day looking for an invite that you suspect will not come today. It's like you're being ***** about this for the sake of being *****. What's the worst that can happen. You give your estimate and exceed it? People playing now (including my wife) are talking about how empty the servers are. Why are the testing the server load now? That's what the weekends were for.

What are you going to do on launch when 300K people show up at once? You don't really think all your subscriptions are gonna be pre-orders, do you?

Pythoris
12.13.2011 , 09:52 AM | #1370
Seriously, I'm drowning in crybaby tears right now!

This is awesome! It definately gives me something to do while I wait for my early access invite.

Wait, let me rephrase that...

This is awesome! It definately gives me something to do while I wait for my early access invite WITHOUT QQING LIKE A WHINY BABY!!!!!