Kira or Lana

KelKrios

I hate Lana and actually like Kira but you can't deny Lana has a huge amount of content and is the only companion left that still has regular and constant interactions. If Kira comes back, it will probably be in one of those 2 minute class specific returns and then she'll be a silent brick like all the rest.

What do you guys think? I feel like the Lana romance is explored much better than that of Kira. Personality wise, I find Kira a bit more appealing.

Honestly, I'd like to have them both, if we're being honest. :D

I play a Carnage Marauder, so Sith Warrior's are accustomed to having two wives already, so it would be fitting I think!

I'd love to have 4 wives. :cool:

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I hate Lana and actually like Kira but you can't deny Lana has a huge amount of content and is the only companion left that still has regular and constant interactions. If Kira comes back, it will probably be in one of those 2 minute class specific returns and then she'll be a silent brick like all the rest.

they said they want to do something with her scrouge, so i see sometjing like nadia and doc. but i hope they give other class the same treatment

Obviously which character is a "better" love interest would depend on how well either one of them fits your character.

In terms of screentime, obviously Lana gets the most from Forged Alliances onward, and probably will continue to get healthy doses of screentime. I'm not sure how much that would compare to Kira in the class stories though, she gets a fair amount of importance in the Jedi Knight story, especially early on. I'd say we actually get to know her and her past more than Lana.

In terms of my own personal preference, I like Lana, but Kira is one of my absolute favorites, so I prefer Kira.

As I said though, the I personally enjoy the connection specifically between Kira and my Knight and Lana and my Agent, and they each wouldn't work as well as romance options for any of my other 8 main characters.

Edited by OldVengeance

I know what you mean. I just feel like once you get that final moment with original romance, it’s done. Nothing is said or brought up on the matter. Lana is more screen time but the relationship continues on in most scenes and actually feels like something more real.

Well, which experience and how much the characters' story significance and screentime matters most to you or your characters is up to you, but I don't think I'd personally go as far as to describe Lana's romance is "more real" because I liked the pacing and development of some of the original class romances. The difference is before Kira was a main character in the story and eventually shifted into being a minor character while Lana became a major character instead during that same period

My personal philosophy is that if I like a character, then I stick with that one for romance, regardless of screen time.

Edited by OldVengeance

I have not yet seen the end of Lana romance, but it certainly is flushed out more in the frequent cutscenes than the original story one. The original romance takes place in a few very short cut scenes and then nothing happens until that companion resurfaces after Jorge, which in Kira’s Case is not yet. Even then, I think we get a brief but sweet cut scene and go back to the romance not being acknowledged other than maybe in passing.

What do you guys think? I feel like the Lana romance is explored much better than that of Kira. Personality wise, I find Kira a bit more appealing.

Lana definitely has more content, my advice is to do both. Make an alt and do the JK class romance (you can't experience Kira's story with any other character) and play Lana on any other class character you want.

Since Kira is one of the most popular companions in any class, I opine that she will have a substantial role on her return. Seems like Kira's return is well-planned and being timed accordingly.

Since Kira is one of the most popular companions in any class, I opine that she will have a substantial role on her return. Seems like Kira's return is well-planned and being timed accordingly.

According to what Charles has said when last asked about this, he sort of implied the Dev team wasn't sure whether to return her to players as soon as possible in another short reunion, or make players wait longer for a meatier role. He sort of threw the question out there for player opinions, as I recall.

Edited by OldVengeance

According to what Charles has said when last asked about this, he sort of implied the Dev team wasn't sure whether to return her to players as soon as possible in another short reunion, or make players wait longer for a meatier role. He sort of threw the question out there for player opinions, as I recall.

Seems likely the delay is planned in order to do something cool with the character.,as Kira was a strong character with a good story originally Good job by the Devs keeping a popular character for the future, wouldn't make much sense to give her the microwave treatment at this point, lol.

I doubt there is any budget to keep voice actors for vanilla romances around. It’d be amazing if you keep an ongoing romance with your vanilla love with as much content as Lana gets. It’s really annoying that Lana is the only female romance in expansion while you can have multiple male ones. I call sexism!!!

Ok. I figured it out!

So, I decided that Lana is the better romance because she comes to your rescue. Where is Kira?! T7 came to bust me out! Where she at? Where is Vette for my Sith warrior?! The only three people that come to help me out of Zakuulare Lana, my bro T7 and some dude I never met. The rest of them are MIA. With Vette and SW I find it most unforgivable. She is chilling with Gault while my SW is fighting for his life. Pffffft! Lana 4 ever now!

• 4 weeks later...