Lockouts on players that are kicked from a group

Ruvis

It is not right or fair for players that get kicked from a Group Finder Activity to receive a lockout. Today I joined a group in a Flash Point & was kick as soon as I joined it. I know some players are trying to get a friend/other guildie to join when someone leaves in the middle. I am guilty of this myself.

But the player that's kicked should not have to have a lockout. It's not their fault they got kicked & the lockout can be 15 minutes long. Which is not fair nor right.

If it's someone quitting then yes a lockout is fine. But not for kicked players.

Well, it was in response to those who would join groups that would ruin the experience for a group in various ways, and it was and still is needed. This can be anything from being toxic towards others, to not being properly geared (or a specific level and was hoping people would carry them so they could get great xp without contributing, or a group may want to do speedruns and you wish to do every single achievement slowing it down.

If you were kicked I would have hoped the group said why. If it was to make room for a friend, then simply be understanding. If it was because of behavior on your part, then take that as a learning experience to not do whatever it was to get you kicked.

It is not right or fair for players that get kicked from a Group Finder Activity to receive a lockout. Today I joined a group in a Flash Point & was kick as soon as I joined it. I know some players are trying to get a friend/other guildie to join when someone leaves in the middle. I am guilty of this myself.

But the player that's kicked should not have to have a lockout. It's not their fault they got kicked & the lockout can be 15 minutes long. Which is not fair nor right.

If it's someone quitting then yes a lockout is fine. But not for kicked players.

1, you actually admit you kick people from the group to get a friend in...that alone says buckets....

2. you complain when it happens to you.

YOU are the problem, and people like you. You abuse a system that is in place to stop <redacted> people causing issues, yet you cause the issues....

Edited by DarkTergon

I would agree that there shouldn't be a lockout for getting kicked. Lockouts are punishments for quitters. If someone is griefing the group and deserves to be kicked, players have the legacy ignore feature to prevent being grouped with that player again.

People that want to play with their friends should group before joining GF. It's bad etiquette to kick a player that waited his or her turn.

It made sense before they introduced Legacy ignore to the game, but nowadays they should get rid of it. If someone is actually trying to sabotage a flashpoint group by constantly queuing with different characters, the members of the group can put that player on ignore and therefore prevent all of that player's characters from joining them. Edited by Phazonfreak

It's probably necessary to distinguish "kicked to make way for our friend/guildie" from "kicked for being a [REDACTED]". In an ideal world, the first one should get the kickERs a lockout, while the second should get the kickEE a lockout.

Of course, there's no way for the game to tell *why* someone was kicked...