DISCUSSION THREAD for Petition for new content / updates to GSF.

Ttoilleekul

I find it very disappointing and frustrating that a very specific, minority group of people posting here chose to focus so much of their energies on undermining the overall intention of OP's thread. It's not only counter-productive, but unnecessarily exhausting--so much so that I have to dismiss their avalanche of overzealous rationalization.

Ultimately, I support OP's endeavor to try and rally the GSF community to voice our collected interest in having the Dev team further expand on what I hope everyone would agree is a truly fantastic and fun mini-game.

Edited by Swtorytime

I find it very disappointing and frustrating that a very specific, minority group of people posting here chose to focus so much of their energies on undermining the overall intention of OP's thread. It's not only counter-productive, but unnecessarily exhausting--so much so that I have to dismiss their avalanche of overzealous rationalization.

Ultimately, I support OP's endeavor to try and rally the GSF community to voice our collected interest in having the Dev team further expand on what I hope everyone would agree is a truly fantastic and fun mini-game.

So far the count is 12 Agree, 6 Disagree

I mean that's not exactly "a minority group" it's 33% of the people that have posted.

I'm on board with Dev activity, I'm against a petition that lumps everything together and only wants to collect people that agree with it as a means of showing what 'everyone" is interested in.

Some of the things on this list I'm actually for, now some of them I'm not, and that right there is why I don't like the format and I had to disagree with the whole thing.

So far the count is 12 Agree, 6 Disagree

I mean that's not exactly "a minority group" it's 33% of the people that have posted.

I'm on board with Dev activity, I'm against a petition that lumps everything together and only wants to collect people that agree with it as a means of showing what 'everyone" is interested in.

Some of the things on this list I'm actually for, now some of them I'm not, and that right there is why I don't like the format and I had to disagree with the whole thing.

You know, I know and everyone knows that the spirit / incentive / motivation behind the petition is exactly what Swtorytime has explained. I've had numerous private messages in support, and we all know Verain's claims of "bullying / manipulative / demanding" are wild assumptions at best. Something he proved himself with his persistent use of the word "assume" in reference to me, and his contradictory comments about not supporting the RS petition. Further you just validated this in your admitting that "bully" is not the right term.

Now maybe we can move forward with this. You're in agreement with "some" of the points. Verain has already admitted he is in agreement with "plenty" of them. What you are protesting here is the manner of the petition, not the move to try and get dev attention on GSF, and it is my belief that the devs will see this. Thereby taking your protests with a pinch of salt, because the base line is you do want development and content. I still have that private message where you said - in direct reply to me asking you if you would support me getting the ball rolling on this - " I always want new stuff"

So, in the interests of putting this rather pathetic debate behind us and moving forward for the greater good of the GSF community, I am willing to alter the petition, so that it it requests a new map / mode (details left up to the devs) and general "Development and Content / Quality of life improvements" (details left up to the devs). And that's it. Everything else will be removed.

So here's the offer. Reply to this comment saying you support these changes and will give the petition a "Yes" vote if I make those changes, and I will make those changes.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

We definitely need more Flashfire mounts. A half a dozen or so just ain't enough.

If they ever decide to add more achievements, here are some ideas:

Destroy 100/1,000 enemies while flying a Flashfire. Title Unlock: Flashfire Enthusiast

Destroy 1,000/10,000 enemies while flying a Flashfire. Title Unlock: Flashfire Fanatic

Destroy 100/1,000/10,000 Strike Fighters. Title Unlock: Strike Fighter Destroyer

Destroy 100/1,000/10,000 Gunships. Title Unlock: Gunship Destroyer

Destroy a Flashfire while flying a Gunship or a Strike Fighter. Title Unlock: Hacker

We definitely need more Flashfire mounts. A half a dozen or so just ain't enough.

If they ever decide to add more achievements, here are some ideas:

Destroy 100/1,000 enemies while flying a Flashfire. Title Unlock: Flashfire Enthusiast

Destroy 1,000/10,000 enemies while flying a Flashfire. Title Unlock: Flashfire Fanatic

Destroy 100/1,000/10,000 Strike Fighters. Title Unlock: Strike Fighter Destroyer

Destroy 100/1,000/10,000 Gunships. Title Unlock: Gunship Destroyer

Destroy a Flashfire while flying a Gunship or a Strike Fighter. Title Unlock: Hacker

Actually, I often wondered why the damage cheevs end at 30k.

It should continue to 50k, 75k, 100k, then 150k

its rare for the 200k+, so maybe even that lol

see who can get the one cheev most unachievable

And it also goes for kills in a match. I think top cheev is 15 kills in a match.

Make one for 20, 30, 40 and 45

You get those higher cheevs, combined, then you would get a title say

"Slaughter House Five Afficianato"

I'd like to see more hooks connecting GSF and rest of the game. It'd be beneficial for immersion and for "advertising" GSF. Actual interactive in-game GSF hangar where you see your active row of ships "physically" present would be cool. It'd also help with cash shop side of things: As it is, you really don't have a suitable place for oggling your ships at peace. Ships don't exist anywhere besides matches and current hangar window. Through latter, your ships feel about as tangible or present as armor you don't own does when looked via some CM preview screen. Making ships and GSF feel more present through rest of the game would increase their "value" in eyes of players. Would also increase the value of cash shop ship customizations and such. ->People might actually start buying them.

Some amount of matchmakers&instances -based pvp games have no difficulty in managing storylines and narrative within a pvp setting. BW could pull off some nice slow progressing hard scifi space navy story which progresses a step each time you complete 4 weekly missions or something. In general, it is kinda funny how a game with 1000 hours of story has literally none of it going in pvp or gsf. GSF and Warzones should have their own, nifty semi-isolated story going similar to what flashpoints have.

Edited by Stradlin

The primary objective of this petition is to get a new map for GSF and potentially a new mode

in any game this is always a plus, So large agree here

More GSF related Decorations

it wouldn't destroy the game for me, if this never happened

Currency conversions and spending

I don't actually make a lot of fleet comms, not sure how it would affect me, on the fence here

Legacy unlock for Cartel ships

Agreed to this, already have shy of 20 cartel ships, an unlock, just like armor and weapons would be nice

Co-pilot actor's voices not bound to specific abilities

oh, I do Agree to this, don't care to use companions that can't speak basic, but have to right now

Bugs fixed

who wouldn't agree to Bug fixes

Improve matchmaker.

okay , ahh, well . .hmmmm . . agree, but this isn't going to be fixed unless pop at least doubles, and if pop did double, current matchmaker would work. The population isn't actually low, have no problems getting matches, there is just not enough, to separate the skill levels., at least that's how I see it currently

as this being a petition, it's just a formal request, and I believe it is being used as a Verb, not as a Noun, I could be wrong about that, it is how I read it to be though, since it's not making ultimatums or demands, just requesting formally

Edited by XaatXuun