Just came back after 5 years and OMG....

RiverSparkle

I don't expect any answers here since I haven't seen any threads here since 2019. ALL of the guides for 6.2.1 state that 2 relics are most important: Devastating Vengeance and Primeval Fatesealer. Where is Primeval Fatesealer? My Artifice character can make Devastating Vengeance, but Primeval Fatesealer is NOT available for her. It cannot be crafted for Level 65.

Either every website that mentions the Sha'Tek MK-19 as part of the required build is totally wrong OR I am too dumb to find it as a crafted item.

I don't expect any answers here since I haven't seen any threads here since 2019. ALL of the guides for 6.2.1 state that 2 relics are most important: Devastating Vengeance and Primeval Fatesealer. Where is Primeval Fatesealer? My Artifice character can make Devastating Vengeance, but Primeval Fatesealer is NOT available for her. It cannot be crafted for Level 65.

Either every website that mentions the Sha'Tek MK-19 as part of the required build is totally wrong OR I am too dumb to find it as a crafted item.

Sha'tek stuff is for level 75 characters, but Sha'tek is a "main system" drop, not crafted. For level 75 crafted gear, you need to be looking at the War Forged range.

EDIT: just checked in-game on one of my level 700 Artificers (one who's also a level 75 character). War Forged it is, but that requires Artifice above level 600. See the Artifice trainer to unlock level 601+ Artifice.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

So, I guess I don’t quite know exactly what you are asking. Are you trying to be self sufficient to craft all your relics yourself? If that is the case, you don’t really need to worry too much about the relics you use between level 65-75. In fact, if I recall correctly you can buy Item Rating 258 “Masterwork” relics from the equipment vendors, usable from 70-75, on Ossus for less than the cost of the materials to craft them. At any rate, the gear you use while grinding up to level 75 is so quickly replaced it just doesn’t matter what you equip.

Once you are level 75, the cost of crafting and reverse engineering WarForged relics to unlock the 306 version is, in my opinion, completely prohibitive. You are very likely to acquire from loot drops the needed Sha’tek relics, item rating 306, simply in the course of your gear grind, and if you don’t you can buy the random relics from the Nitoo or Takanna vendors on the fleet and likely get what you want with tech fragments. You have to spend too much in resources to repeatedly craft and reverse engineer the relics, and honestly no one will buy them because they drop as loot frequently enough. So you personally don’t save any money or time by crafting for yourself (in the case of relics) and there isn’t really a market for making and selling them to others. It’s a lose/lose situation. 6.0 really destroyed end game crafting for gear, in my opinion.

Artifice is still very viable for color crystals and dye modules. For example, there is a really nice gray/Dk blue (and its reverse) dye introduced with 6.0 that is only craftable.

If you need more information about how the 6.x/Onslaught “Spoils of War” gearing system works, and the process/grind to get from item rating 268 to 306, there are great guides on Vulkk.com, swtorista.com and mmobits.com

Okay so... don't look at crafted gear.

Upon starting Ossus (at level 70) you are given a free set of i-rating 230 gear. If you complete the questlines for Ossus it unlocks Onderon (which is great xp) then Mek-Sha. Completing these gives you 268 gear and a tactical (not a good one, but a tactical). And you'll definitely have hit 75 by this point.

So... the basic premise is get the 268 gear at 75 then run content. Content drops random gear +2/-4 from your overall i-rating, so you equip the highest rated gear regardless of if it's right for you... you do this until you reach 306 gear. At 306 gear you're in the best there is and you can actually build a proper set following the guides.

Now... 306 earpieces and implants have various manufacturers with minor differences - some have higher endurance, some better tertiary stat, some higher mastery etc. Sha'tek is the name of the one considered best by most people because it has low endurance high tertiary stat (crit/alacrity/absorption etc). Pieces that drop can also be named Sha'tek, but ignore those. Only worry about it for the earpieces and implants.

Now... most content when you hit 75 scales you back down to 70. Endurance caps out at 9134, Mastery at 7052 and Power at 3393. Since a level 75 tank gets up to 18k endurance... that's a LOT of ignored stat.

Because almost all content will see you fighting under these rules, you focus on getting more alacrity/crit/shield rating/absorption/defense rating because these are not capped, thus making you stronger even in level 70 content.

The fatesealed relic is a clicky relic for alacrity, meaning when you use it you still get a benefit in 70 content, unlike the power/mastery proc relics that wont push you over the caps (the crit one works because there's no cap for crit).

So all in all the guides make the assumption you understand how gear drops work and how level 70 caps work for those 3 stats I mentioned (mastery, endurance, power).