Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

19,324 pre orders in USA during the first 2 days of sales. and not all of these people are in the game yet. so i guess im going back to bed :)

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40755/USA/

and another 99k people the 2nd week.

334k+ for first month, but it does slow down greatly after that like the yellow post says

but picks up allot towards the end of noV.

and thats just USA. but there should be plenty of room for the 19k IMO, idk why some ppl arent in yet... sleep time.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

they could easily handle everyone at once, its about money tho, they want to have as few servers as possible to save money, remember EA owns them now.

no it's not even about that.

They have the number of people who pre ordered, they KNOW it

they also KNOW how many people their servers can handle

therefore they can reasonably estimate for EGA how many servers they need, and add more "as needed" for launch

I've just checked the code redemption category under my account and they've registered my client without any key. Just booted up the client, accepted T&Cs and now I'm playing. Thought I'd point it out incase others are in the same situation.

when did u pre order?

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

i got a mail saying i will be playing today, and i should already been playing for DAMN 16 effing Hours and NOTHING..... not playing today = cancelling pre-order...

Oh my god, seriously I thought this place would get better with the lock out. Jesus people if your not in yet relax its a freakin game.

^

This a million time this, don't turn this into the Blizzard Forum's or just go ahead and go back to F*****g WoW, we don't want you here!

they could easily handle everyone at once, its about money tho, they want to have as few servers as possible to save money, remember EA owns them now.

That's completely stupid. By your logic all servers should be underpopulated for the sake of a couple of days.

2,5 billions of player on the stress test weekends, and for what

Is this the best pulled out of a backside statistic I've seen all day, or what!

Actually, it's true, I reckon more than 1/3 of the population of the planet played SW Beta.

The hyperbole is strong in this one.

I think this method of bringing players into an mmo game launch is really good.

It works on a 1st served basis and only lets people on when standards of service can be upheld. Sure there are alot of immature people waiting and they will not understand or will be tainted by their lack of patience.

Think of it this way...remember the wow launch?

Enough said!

Lol..why did you have to remind me? :(

Man, the queue times could have been acceptable, if it just wouldn't have meant that when the server / client crashed, you lost your spot in the queue. :)

On-topic: Yeah, going slow with the invites is definitely working. SWTOR's not the first with a staggered release, of course, but it's still pretty sad that a lot of people are complaining. The game's official release is in 7 days for crying out loud.

- Elim

19,324 pre orders in USA during the first 2 days of sales. and not all of these people are in the game yet. so i guess im going back to bed :)

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40755/USA/

and another 99k people the 2nd week.

334k+ for first month, but it does slow down greatly after that like the yellow post says

but picks up allot towards the end of noV.

and thats just USA. but there should be plenty of room for the 19k IMO, idk why some ppl arent in yet... sleep time.

19,000 physical pre-orders. Not online Pre-orders. So you're wrong.

Beg to differ, there is a separate charge for Pre-order and it has been charged to my card as a pre-order fee. It is not taken from the total cost of the games. It is a separate charge, it has a seperate SKU code. The cost of the game has yet to be charged to the my card.

Ever think the cost of the game is 79.99? You paid that 5.00 already, so that leaves 74.99 to pay. This would link up to the two separate SKUs you posted.

i got a mail saying i will be playing today, and i should already been playing for DAMN 16 effing Hours and NOTHING..... not playing today = cancelling pre-order...

16 hours? That's interesting, considering NOBODY got access until 3 hours ago.

I am very optimistic that those of us that pre-ordered in July will get in today. Judging from vgchartz it seems that approximately 10% of the current total number of pre-orders were made in July. This is US only but we could estimate that world pre-orders sit at about double that at any point. This gives us about 200,000 by the end of July

A friend of mine is in game on a medium load server and has about 50 people on his starting world but he is an agent so we might suppose that there are about 200 players per average load server as a LOW estimate. There are over 100 servers online at the moment. This puts us at around 20,000 that have actually taken advantage of their Early access.

Judging by how many people are likely at work and compensating for the low estimate I made on server load, I guess that we are at about 50,000 players invited to the early game by the second wave.

Here's hoping they ramp up invite amounts as the day progresses. We July folks have a good chance I think.

Beg to differ, there is a separate charge for Pre-order and it has been charged to my card as a pre-order fee. It is not taken from the total cost of the games. It is a separate charge, it has a seperate SKU code. The cost of the game has yet to be charged to the my card.

You're wrong.

From my pre-order confirmation email.

Product SKU: 71199

Product Name: STAR WARS: The Old Republic Digital Deluxe Edition (Pre-Ordered)

Anticipated Released Date: Targeting Holiday 2011

Qty Ordered: 1

Amount: $74.99

Product SKU: 71185

Product Name: Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order Fee

Qty Ordered: 1

Amount: $5.00

Digital Rights: XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX

The digital deluxe edition was $79.99.

What is it with people in these forums and their complete lack of any ability to read?

Sod this, I don't even care about early access anymore. I'm just gonna order off amazon and get it on the 20th.

Can someone tell me how to cancel my pre order with origin? Because they seem to have an inability to answer the phone, as well as never having any experts on hand to help with ANYTHING.

i order mine on july 25th hope i get in man i hope i didnt delete my email for early access by accident wonder wut would happen if we did that they should send out more then 1 to each person just in case but i dont think i would of miss that well hope i get in later today cause i just check my pre order from gamestop website and it was on july 25th and redeem my code that same day so thumbs cross hope all u get in to

If you deleted the e-mail all you have to do is start up your launcher and check if your play button is gray or not. If you can play then you deleted the e-mail, if it's gray then well welcome to the still waiting club :)