Why does everyone like Thana Vesh so much?

Jduensing

Now, despite what some of you will no doubt immediately yell, this is not a troll post, and I am actually legitimately curious. Thana Vesh seems to have this massive following that has been crying to have her as a companion since the first players made it to Taris, and I just don't get it. They paint her as the great character (even though we all know they just have the hots for her) and it makes no sense. Thana Vesh has to be one of my least favorite characters in the whole game, and that was the POINT of her character.

She wasn't a deep character, she was there to push your buttons and actively tried to kill you on at least on occasion. She was a fully blown crybaby, killing imperial soldiers when she didn't get her way and failing miserable to kill non force sensitives, then getting up and berating you when you cleaned up her mess. She annoyed me to no end. And for the people (you know who you are) who only want her as a companion to get into her pants, I ask why?!?

Thana voice was shrill and annoying. She was a braggart despite being utterly useless. Heck, the first time you meet her she takes credit for what you just did. She isn't physically attractive, even by pixel standards her face is just bland, and the ugly tattoo isn't helping.

So this character's personality is utter rubbish, and if you need to satisfy your pixel fetish there are better options in this game then her. I can't see any reason why she would be desirable as a character companion, and if I could go back to Taris and kill her again I probably would.

/endrant

Posts asking for her as a companion:

5 <this one has 457 posts.

Edited by Jduensing

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought about having her as a comanion until now to be honest. But I'd actually like that as it would be an interesting undertaking to make her follow the orders of another DS sith and an even more interesting one to lead her to redemption as a light sided sith.

I left her in prison. And then I killed her every time I played the Planet Questline for Imp!Taris.

I mean, how does she think she's so great being a mere Apprentice when I'm the stars-damned

Champion of the Great Hunt, Cipher Nine, Sith Lord who just overthrew Zash, and the Sith Lord serving Darth Baras as a Lord

Who all clearly are more impressive than a mere Apprentice.

Now, I do like her outfit for some of my characters to use.

I'll never understand it. I hate that bish. Every single time I could s.crew her over I did. I insulted her, I left her in jail, and I killed her on all but one toon. I hate that snarky, condescending, lazy, self-superior cow.

She's annoying as all hell, and looks like a mutt with that ridiculous thing over her eye. What was the name of the dog on Little Rascals? Petey? She looks like Petey (except Petey is actually cute). http://www.thedogtrainingsecret.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Petey.jpg

Edited by Lunafox

I'll never understand it. I hate that bish. Every single time I could s.crew her over I did. I insulted her, I left her in jail, and I killed her on all but one toon. I hate that snarky, condescending, lazy, self-superior cow.

She's annoying as all hell, and looks like a mutt with that ridiculous thing over her eye. What was the name of the dog on Little Rascals? Petey? She looks like Petey (except Petey is actually cute). http://www.thedogtrainingsecret.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Petey.jpg

It's because she's pretty and her armor is bad ***. People like her because she's a bad girl, competence be damned (literally, in her case).

Because she is hilariously over the top despite average ability. She harkens back to the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, or any number of evil twin iterations and so on. I always let her live because her mail to you is insanely over the top in its self-aggrandizement. :D

Can't remember if I killed her. Not sure it was an option but I would have.

But, I think there are some that think they can turn her... you know, their way. It's sort of like romancing the bad boy, but it's a girl.

I personally liked trolling her. lol

It's because she's pretty and her armor is bad ***. People like her because she's a bad girl, competence be damned (literally, in her case).

I always liked the idea of taking her from her master who doesn't really seem to be teaching her how to be a proper sith and giving her proper training.

Oh, I despised her, the first time I met her! But it was fascinating. My Sith is LS, always my most holy, angelic, and rather weary character. And I found myself coming up with excuses for why I HAD to kill Thana. "It's for the good of the universe!" I mean, REALLY trying to convince myself it was the right thing, when really, it was pure, visceral loathing.

It was one of the most interesting Gaming moments I've ever had - very illuminating, how your brain tries to twist things to keep purely selfish and/or evil actions in the 'moral code' zone, to make yourself look good, etc. It was a glimpse into something terribly human and I loved it.

After that, I appreciated her more. (and I like her outfit...)

I like Thana Vesh because she's one of the few memorable female NPCs in the game. I mean really, how many can you name?

Bas'ton from the IA story on Voss. Admittedly though, it's because every time I'd see him I'd call him Gaston and start singing the "Gaston" song from Beauty and the Beast.

I like Thana Vesh because she's one of the few memorable female NPCs in the game. I mean really, how many can you name?

But what I love most about Thana Vesh is her outfit.

Malgus

Tarro Blood

Skavik

Viido

Ffon

Harkun

That Crazy Imperial Soldier in Voss' Dark Heart area, y'know, the one with the scientist guy nearby. I would love for him to be a companion. Sure, I forgot his name, but he's memorable enough to give him a title and like him.

Lord Renning (very nice to see him again in Assault on Korribani)

The only reason I remember Thana is because I see people mention her in any thread about "new companions".

Malgus

Tarro Blood

Skavik

Viido

Ffon

Harkun

That Crazy Imperial Soldier in Voss' Dark Heart area, y'know, the one with the scientist guy nearby. I would love for him to be a companion. Sure, I forgot his name, but he's memorable enough to give him a title and like him.

Lord Renning (very nice to see him again in Assault on Korribani)

The only reason I remember Thana is because I see people mention her in any thread about "new companions".

I think he specified female NPC's :-)

But what I love most about Thana Vesh is her outfit.

Female characters I can name:

Thana

Cora from the opening scene of the Inq story.

Darth Lacriss

....lol I think that's it.

To answer the OP, I hated her too. She was very arrogant. My sith was LS (someone else on here mentioned this( and she just really pushed my buttons.

That being said, Imagine this, if you would, though:

Let's say your character was DS. You could take her on as your apprentice in that case. She is a total bish, but her attitude does seem to match the sith ideals of selfishness, anger and all that. She would see how powerful you are at the end of taris and ask to become your DS apprentice, not because she likes you, but because she sees you could teach her to be powerful. And think about how your other companions' would interact with such a horrible person? that would make for good banter, etc.

I think he specified female NPC's :-)

I was a bit busy flirting with my male comps to notice. And then seeing if I could make said male comps jealous.

Wraith.

On ImpBalmorra, I recall that engineering guy with the pompous attitude trying to make me kill his wife (usually spare her and then ruined his annual competency report thing).

That one Twi'lek on PubTaris.. Y'know, the governor lady... Yeah, I remember her pretty well. My BH hates to listen to her. My Trooper really wishes s/he refused the call to adventure on Taris and his refused to help her, maybe even leave her on that rock.

Crysta Markon

The Jedi on Balmorra, the one who keeps telling the Warrior how she is at peace all the time. I hated her. So annoying. "Do you worst. I am at peace." My LS Warrior decided to let her live, just to spite the assumption said Warrior would kill her. And then gladly had her tortured. Does she have a name?

Honey and Dearie- I mean uh... What are their real names? The Jedi couple on Tython in the ruins. They reminded me of the Legend of Zelda couple who are always spinning around and around and around being all lovey-dovey and stuff, so I called the two Jedi Honey and Dearie after that couple.

Jaxo's pretty memorable. I like to think my trooper got very wasted because of her and in a drunken state on Nar Shaddaa, had a Vegas styled wedding to one of my Sith Warriors. But Jaxo's memorable to me.

Lady General Organa. I remember her.

... Okay, I'm terrible with names. But I remember the people.

I was a bit busy flirting with my male comps to notice. And then seeing if I could make said male comps jealous.

Wraith.

On ImpBalmorra, I recall that engineering guy with the pompous attitude trying to make me kill his wife (usually spare her and then ruined his annual competency report thing).

That one Twi'lek on PubTaris.. Y'know, the governor lady... Yeah, I remember her pretty well. My BH hates to listen to her. My Trooper really wishes s/he refused the call to adventure on Taris and his refused to help her, maybe even leave her on that rock.

Crysta Markon

The Jedi on Balmorra, the one who keeps telling the Warrior how she is at peace all the time. I hated her. So annoying. "Do you worst. I am at peace." My LS Warrior decided to let her live, just to spite the assumption said Warrior would kill her. And then gladly had her tortured. Does she have a name?

Honey and Dearie- I mean uh... What are their real names? The Jedi couple on Tython in the ruins. They reminded me of the Legend of Zelda couple who are always spinning around and around and around being all lovey-dovey and stuff, so I called the two Jedi Honey and Dearie after that couple.

Jaxo's pretty memorable. I like to think my trooper got very wasted because of her and in a drunken state on Nar Shaddaa, had a Vegas styled wedding to one of my Sith Warriors. But Jaxo's memorable to me.

Lady General Organa. I remember her.

... Okay, I'm terrible with names. But I remember the people.

Jaxo was meant to be a companion...well if you get far enough into it you can understand why they didn't allow her to be recruitable...that whole not allowing you to kill companions in any way shape or form thing to protect people from themselves.