Questions about Swtor Canon

BenevolentRogue

Has any of the story of SWTOR been confirmed to be canon, or for now is it seperate?

None of it is canon. In *detail*, it must be that way. Think of it in terms just of the identity of the Outlander in KotFE:

* What species?

* Male or female?

* What origin story?

* What combat style?

All of that is up to the whim of the player, so no one possibility can be "canon" == definitive.

There's some info here I just searched. Might be useful to you: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Forum:SH:Everything_we_know_about_The_Old_Republic_era_in_Canon

As far as I know there's just bits and pieces. Like Ahsoka uses white lightsabers, so white saber colors is possible in canon (thought apparently very rare). The planet Tython is in The Mandalorian show. It, of course, appears differently. Also in that show one of the Mandalorian's missions involves hunting a Krayt Dragon, similar to a KOTOR 1 quest. I don't think these are originally from SWTOR, though I could be wrong. They are just things in SWTOR that happen to be also canon.

None of it is canon. In *detail*, it must be that way. Think of it in terms just of the identity of the Outlander in KotFE:

* What species?

* Male or female?

* What origin story?

* What combat style?

All of that is up to the whim of the player, so no one possibility can be "canon" == definitive.

I don't think Canon is restricted to just the story. Even if it was, there are unchanging elements in SWTOR story, such as the opening cinematics that are the same for everyone.

Edited by ThanderSnB

It doesn’t matter. It’s ambitious. This game contains references to canon, canon contains references to SWTOR.

It never has mattered. The Old Republic era was initially meant to be firmly separate from the movies anyway. It was always supposed to be a story from Legend.

It’s canon enough.

Has any of the story of SWTOR been confirmed to be canon, or for now is it seperate?

Hello,

Not sure how to answer your question correctly, but, as others say, canon Star Wars contains references to SWTOR and vice versa:

- Tython , it appears both in game and in the TV series "The Mandalorian"

- Din Djarin's helmet, it is in game as part of the "Infamous Bounty Hunter" armor set

- the Amban JP rifle - again, it appears in game and in the TV series "The Mandalorian", which suggests it is an old design from the Old Republic era

Partially or vaguely referenced items or ships :

- Revan's armor, Kylo Ren's armor and the somehow similar story ( trained to be jedi, falling to the Dark Side, being manipulated by a powerful Force user)

- Din Djarin's ship, the Razorcrest, fairy similar in shape to a D5 Mantis

Of course, I might be wrong about all of this, but if i'm not, that would technically make some parts of SWTOR canon.

Edited by Hrafnhildur