Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dak_fireraker
10.28.2016 , 08:16 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomno View Post
Doing the math (hopefully correctly)

So basically you can't go over 2 mil with just PvE comms.
You are correct. if you are Max'd on crystals you will only get 1,750,000 credits. Which leaves enough room for ONLY 5,000 WZ coms to round out to 2million credits (again assuming you are max'd on PVE crystals). That being said, I have 146,386 wz coms on my main (I didn't transfer any from my alts I just PVP like hell on my Sorc) that equals 7,319,300 credits from WZ coms only (i wont go into my PVE coms but i could add 1million more credits). I need to get rid of over 100k WZ coms just to make the limit. Eric, will you be bringing back the crates even for a limited time? This is really a jacked up situation as it stands right now.
Solstie
Solqitta & Solahmar
(& Various other toons) - Shadowlands & Jung Ma server

FlavivsAetivs
10.28.2016 , 08:18 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dak_fireraker View Post
You are correct. if you are Max'd on crystals you will only get 1,750,000 credits. Which leaves enough room for ONLY 5,000 WZ coms to round out to 2million credits (again assuming you are max'd on PVE crystals). That being said, I have 146,386 wz coms on my main (I didn't transfer any from my alts I just PVP like hell on my Sorc) that equals 7,319,300 credits from WZ coms only (i wont go into my PVE coms but i could add 1million more credits). I need to get rid of over 100k WZ coms just to make the limit. Eric, will you be bringing back the crates even for a limited time? This is really a jacked up situation as it stands right now.
That being said if you know what to buy with comms you can make a hell of a lot more than 2 million credits with maxxed crystals. Right there I could at least make 9 million with 300 Radiant, 900 Common, and 500 Elite.

~ Eudoxia
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

Avinler
10.28.2016 , 08:36 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As we have discussed previously, Warzone Commendations and Commendation Crystals are being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne. Our intention is that all of these currencies will be converted into credits on 11/29 when early access starts. Here are the conversion rates for each currency:

1 Warzone Commendation = 50 Credits
1 Common Crystal = 500 credits
1 Glowing Crystal = 1,000 credits
1 Radiant Crystal = 1,500 credits

Upon logging in on 11/29 each of these currencies will be completely removed from the game and the appropriate credits will have been granted to each character on your account. Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
So the method for transferring Warzone Commendation among characters in your legacy was removed with almost zero notice and now players with more than 40,000 Warzone Commendations on a character won't receive credits for any above that? It seems like this is not very fair to people that have accumulated large quantities of in-game currency by actually playing the game. Let them pick whether they want credits or comm vendor items, don't take the choice away from them too.
Avin

Founder, Retired GM of <Fortitude> on Jedi Covenant
& Andrew on SWTOR Economics

Martinedo
10.28.2016 , 08:38 AM | #24
What about Alliance and Alliance crates? Will the Alliance rank be higher? Or its better to spend the crates now to get the crystals from them and from missions that were complete after every X Alliance levels?
Will crates drop everything as now except crystals?

aeterno
10.28.2016 , 08:39 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
That being said if you know what to buy with comms you can make a hell of a lot more than 2 million credits with maxxed crystals. Right there I could at least make 9 million with 300 Radiant, 900 Common, and 500 Elite.

~ Eudoxia
Prices have been sliding steadily for a while now, with this news I expect them to implode as just about everyone tries to offload.

snave
10.28.2016 , 08:44 AM | #26
The entire sequencing for these conversions has been terrible.

Converting to credits doesn't really bother me but announcing to people that they had 24 hours to get their comms moved around only to then announce after the fact there's a 2 million cap is just silly.

Whoever has been making the decisions for the comm conversion and pass removal really needs to have a word with themselves.

Rolodome
10.28.2016 , 08:45 AM | #27
I appreciate the info. I just wish we had the option to convert them into something more meaningful. :/

As it stands, this is helpful for figuring out what to do with them, but I can't help going, "Oh, so this is why you pushed out that commendation change with only 24 hours notice." Just feels like kind of a hacky way to protect your economy and credits, to withhold info till the last day like that.

I managed to get most of mine in a legacy bank, so I can pull them out on the characters I want to hang onto them or spend them on, before 5.0, but I know there will be those who feel like they have a bunch of wasted comms on a character who has nothing to spend them on before the expansion, who will hit over the cap easily. And for people who do nothing but PvP and have stocked up an insane amount, that's probably going to leave a bad taste, having so many of their comms disappear like they were worth nothing.

I don't know how hard the following would be to do... maybe it would take too much work and wouldn't even be ready until the expansion hits. But it could alleviate the mentioned upset:

Go in and make a legacy bound version of most of the commendation items. Whether it's permanent or just a temporary vendor you put in. This way, the hardcore peeps who have stocked up an insane amount of comms, to the point where many are wasted on one character, would at least be able to buy items with their excess and make use of them on alts.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

junkyardjeff
10.28.2016 , 08:49 AM | #28
i don't understand the need to remove the ability to move warzone comms around in the first place. you could have just left the system in place and just removed it when 5.0 launched. plus like the rest of the people here i would like to know what the cost of the items that we buy with these currencies will be so we can figure out what is the best way to spend or save my comms and crystals and what about fleet comms

mefager
10.28.2016 , 08:55 AM | #29
i'v seen it's been asked several times (and for good reason :P) but due to it's importance i'll add to the pile of question on the subject:
what about vendors who sell stuff for green data crystals? will the item be sold for credits with the same rate, different rate or not at all? for example, rank 6 gifts are sold for 30 crystals, will they now be 15,000 a piece (30x500=15,000), will green mods be 1,000 per piece (2x500=1,000)?

thanks in advance for the answer.

Jedi_riches
10.28.2016 , 08:58 AM | #30
I agree with the general consensus of this, if you were going to have a upper limit of 2 million credits you should have told us this before the removal of legacy warzone comms, because now players have no choice, had they have know this ahead of time people could have planned accordingly.

You need to reverse the change done in 4.7.3 pronto and allow players to plan properly now we know the conversion rate and the upper limit.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock