Handicapped Classes

he's talking about the off hand weapon missing. off hand accuracy is (or was?) not as good as main hand.

tbh, I haven't thought about this in swtor for a LONG time. like...not since the 1.0 days.

it's more of an issue in WoW if memory serves. but you also have to remember that offhand weapon dmg (in wow) is minimal vis-a-vis main hand.

as stated, I don't even remember how swtor handles offhand dmg anymore (suggesting it's a non-issue so I didn't bother). but the idea is that MH weapon will hit and do more dmg than the OH weapon. nevertheless, the OH weapon does do some dmg, so if you're a dual wield class, you "miss" more with the OH than the MH. sentinels, for example, have a skill that increases their OH accuracy, iirc. can't go back and check as I already unistalled the game. lol

Edited by foxmob

he's talking about the off hand weapon missing. off hand accuracy is (or was?) not as good as main hand.

tbh, I haven't thought about this in swtor for a LONG time. like...not since the 1.0 days.

it's more of an issue in WoW if memory serves. but you also have to remember that offhand weapon dmg (in wow) is minimal vis-a-vis main hand.

as stated, I don't even remember how swtor handles offhand dmg anymore (suggesting it's a non-issue so I didn't bother). but the idea is that MH weapon will hit and do more dmg than the OH weapon. nevertheless, the OH weapon does do some dmg, so if you're a dual wield class, you "miss" more with the OH than the MH. sentinels, for example, have a skill that increases their OH accuracy, iirc. can't go back and check as I already unistalled the game. lol

Yes, and the question is, if the one weapon user like a guardian puts out similar damage and the two weapon user misses with what provides part of the damage, does that weaken the two weapon user?

Like you, I haven’t worried about that for a long time.

As a follow up, my main (Watchman sentinel) has a Main hand accuracy of 108.49% and secondary weapon accuracy of 71.99%

How do you see the accuracy of the off hand? And can it be increased? And if so, how?

Edited by NeoBlakkrstal

I've looked at this issue fairly extensively, and I can confirm that offhand accuracy seriously limits the dps classes like the carnage marauder. The base accuracy of the offhand for a carnage marauder is only 64.50%. The problem here comes when about 40-50% of a carnage mara's damage result from an ability called massacre which is a series of 3 hits. The first hit is main-hand with 101% accuracy, and the next two hits are 64.50% chances. These don't take into account any of the defense chance for both pvp and pve.

For the amount of risk that marauders take in pvp as being a frontline class, they have relatively weak defensives,

low utility, and relatively low damage. The best possible solution would be to completely get rid of accuracy for off-hands at the very least for carnage mara. Their sustained damage would increase, and their burst would stay as it is which is exactly what they need. Realistically mara's are the least tanky melee dps class, and their damage should reflect that imbalance.

A better and more broad spectrum approach might be to completely remove all accuracy in pvp. Currently there are several classes who utilize primarily yellow damage. All classes have a base 0% chance to resist yellow damage, and either a 5% or a 10% chance to dodge white damage. In addition to that, more classes get active resistance to white damage from their rotation than yellow damage (e.g. ap pt's get 30% defense chance from sonic missile, marauder's get 6% increased defense chance while hitting with ataru form). Removing accuracy for pvp would help to balance damage a bit more easily.

Edited by Llacertus

How do you see the accuracy of the off hand? And can it be increased? And if so, how?

Hold the mouse over “Accuracy” stat in the character pane. It should give you a breakdown.

As for increasing it, I imagine Enhancements or Augments?

Doesn't the damage average out in the case of sniper vs slinger and commando vs merc? You have more potential hits with 2 weapons, but is subject to RNG. As for mara and sent, the misses are built into the class. But for combat/carnage, I feel the spec is under-performing -- though not specifically because of off hand accuracy. Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Doesn't the damage average out in the case of sniper vs slinger and commando vs merc?

Yes. It averages out to 20% more damage than just a mainhand weapon. Compared to a mainhand, the offhand weapon deals 30% damage with 66% accuracy. Sniper rifles, assault cannons and dualsabers deal on average 20% more damage than single-sabers, blaster pistols and blaster rifles. So it's all mostly balanced. It's also why scoundrels and guardians get a passive 20% weapon damage bonus increase, since they only get to single-wield one of the weaker weapons but rely on it for some of their abilities.

Hold the mouse over “Accuracy” stat in the character pane. It should give you a breakdown.

As for increasing it, I imagine Enhancements or Augments?

That would be unwise to do. Raising it to get a higher accu on an off hand would put you over in your overall accuracy and into extreme diminishing returns. It would also heavily deplete you in the other stats that are needed.

That would be unwise to do. Raising it to get a higher accu on an off hand would put you over in your overall accuracy and into extreme diminishing returns. It would also heavily deplete you in the other stats that are needed.

This. There's no reason, as stated above, to stuff more accuracy into a curve of diminishing returns. For my characters that I strictly solo, my accuracy from gear is 0% and I fill in their stats with other non-capped stats. My ops toons are at 110% accuracy.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Yeah, he asked how to do it. I wouldn’t necessarily do it myself.

As has been thoroughly explained, this has been the way since the beginning. Apparently I am just now able to see the miss, dodge, parry, on screen. I recently upgraded my computer desk, and my monitor is now closer to my face, I can actually read things on screen now. On over-reaction on my part. Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

lolz....ROFLMAO....

I thought this was going to be about the blind and cyborg characters.......

I thought it was going to be about people in wheelchairs not being adequately represented by playable characters in the game. I was looking forward to showing some love for the idea.

I thought it was going to be about people in wheelchairs not being adequately represented by playable characters in the game. I was looking forward to showing some love for the idea.

I’m an amputee (leg) myself. Personally, I don’t feel the need for that kind of representation. But I don’t object either to those who do want that either ✌️