Companion question

Bxvx

I've been wondering if you boost your companion to 50 influence. Does it really matter if they disapprove of things you do? Like for romances really, when I make a new toon usually boost the influence of the one their going to after.

It doesn't matter. The way influence works now, you never lose influence. "Disapproves" just means you'll get less overall influence for them as a mission reward than if they "Approved".

In other words: Once you get them to 50 influence (Or 20, or any other number) they will never go lower.

Yep, companions do not lose influence. As said, if they disagree you just get fewer influence points than if they had agreed. But, back when it was affection you could lose affection and even go into negative affection with a companion. My first Knight ended up with negative affection with Lord Scourge until I fed the big, red anti-Care Bear a whole lot of gifts.

If you have them romanced, it can sometimes have an effect.

Spoiler warning;

An example is Troopers who've romanced Elara Dorne. It won't explicitly state it when you do, but if you commit certain actions between being released from Carbonite in 'Knights' Chapter III and her returning during the War For Iokath - specifically harming innocent civilians or killing Jurgan - then even if you side with the Republic and she returns as a companion, she'll leave you as a romantic interest claiming you're not the person she fell in love with anymore.

But for just simple influence, like has already been said, it only lowers the amount of gain, not the amount already possessed.

Cool thanks for the info everyone! Ya I actually watched a video of her breaking up with the trooper for doing those things. I was worried she would be mad about Tanno and Saresh but she didn't say anything and we continued the romance.

It doesn't matter. The way influence works now, you never lose influence. "Disapproves" just means you'll get less overall influence for them as a mission reward than if they "Approved".

Note for the unwary. There are still a few situations where a companion "greatly disapproves". In this case, the Influence gain is zero.