Increase number of Companions on Missions

AelaSunjammer

We haven't had an increase in the number off companions I think since beta (my memory may be faulty). Is there any plan to increase the number of companions you can have crafting or on missions?

8 was fine when the level cap was 50 but now that it's jumped 30 levels with increasingly complex requirements for crafting, it is just tedious to scroll through multiple alts just to try to make enough stuff for augments and conquest.

Sorry If this has been asked before but genuinely curious. Like even increasing it to 10 would be amazing.

We haven't had an increase in the number off companions I think since beta (my memory may be faulty). Is there any plan to increase the number of companions you can have crafting or on missions?

8 was fine when the level cap was 50 but now that it's jumped 30 levels with increasingly complex requirements for crafting, it is just tedious to scroll through multiple alts just to try to make enough stuff for augments and conquest.

Sorry If this has been asked before but genuinely curious. Like even increasing it to 10 would be amazing.

Your memory is faulty. Prior to 5.0, we could only send out six at a time on crew skill stuff(1), and 5.0 added levels 66 to 70 to our characters, with the ability to send out eight companions starting at level 66.

(1) Prior to 4.0, there weren't more than six companions on most characters, unless the player did what it took to get hold of Treek and/or HK-51(2). With the release of the KotFE story, players spent some time with only a small handful of companions (specifically Lana, Koth, Theron, Senya, T7, and SCORPIO, i.e. six) and it wasn't until some of the 4.X patches that we even *had* more than six "everyone has these" companions.

(2) Although I started SWTOR just before 2.0 dropped in 2013, I didn't get HK-51 until the DvL event had an objective to kill N enemies with him as your active companion, that is during 2016.

Thank you for the clarification. As I said in my OP, my memory may have been off no surprise these days when I don't remember what I ate for breakfast sometimes!. I got treek and HK pretty quickly so I always seem to have had a surplus of companions just lolly gagging around the ship. :D

Still just wondering if that is going to be upped soon.

Edited by AelaSunjammer

Other trick, leave the companion count at 8 for missions, increase the number of mission items per companion from 5 to 20.

Except that the limit of five is for crafting, not for missions. There's no queue for missions, and if they raised the crafting queue to 20, they would also put the Crafting: Inventor up from 50 to 200 items. Do we really want that?

Except that the limit of five is for crafting, not for missions. There's no queue for missions, and if they raised the crafting queue to 20, they would also put the Crafting: Inventor up from 50 to 200 items. Do we really want that?

I have no problem with crafting 200 items, it is not impossible or unachievable.