Onslaught inquisitor ending (spoilers)

Nalier

I've just reached the point in the story when Acina asks my inquisitor to rejoin the Empire. However, this choice isn't exactly clear to me. Maybe someone could clarify this... I can either keep the Alliance for myself OR relinquish Alliance to Acina and reclaim my old position in the Empire? Or, perhaps, it's - keep the Alliance sort of independent OR transform it into Acina's Hand, but still have it under my control and regain my position in the Empire?

I know this probably won't have any impact on the story (or not very significant one), but I'd really like to know anyway.

Thanks in advance!

The choices are this:

1. You rejoin the Sith Empire and the Alliance is absorbed by the Empire. Odessen becomes an Imperial planet and all the Alliance members Imperial citizens. The Alliance is transformed into the Hand, albeit whether the Inquisitor gets their Dark Council seat back is unclear.

2. You stay independent as the Alliance and keep it as an ally to the Sith Empire instead of it actually becoming a part of the Empire. The Alliance will work with the Hand but not become the Hand.

Edited by Ylliarus