Questions from a n00b

Two questions:

- I did my first weekly operation the other day - the Ravagers one on Rishi. I died once and got confused on how to revive; everyone else had already gone on so I didn't think the healer could get me. I ended up reviving at the start point of the entire dungeon :( and I had to walk...walk and walk (I didn't have rocket boots) all the way back. I tried to speed it up doing my little forward roll ability whenever I could. Anyways, everyone was laughing and someone mentioned there's a shuttle. What shuttle did they mean? What shuttle?

- On the Group Finder, I only see 1 operation. When I click the filter, I see possibly three operations to queue up for. But it seems like I can't "choose an operation" generally to queue up for? Is there just 1-3 operations available per week? Does it change every week? So if I need help on a specific operation, I have to wait until it's listed?

Two questions:

- I did my first weekly operation the other day - the Ravagers one on Rishi. I died once and got confused on how to revive; everyone else had already gone on so I didn't think the healer could get me. I ended up reviving at the start point of the entire dungeon :( and I had to walk...walk and walk (I didn't have rocket boots) all the way back. I tried to speed it up doing my little forward roll ability whenever I could. Anyways, everyone was laughing and someone mentioned there's a shuttle. What shuttle did they mean? What shuttle?

Near the spawn point you'll see a speedertaxi or similar that's a blue clicky. It unlocks after the group takes down the first boss, and then extends as each boss after that meets its end. It brings you to just after the previous boss, if memory serves.

- On the Group Finder, I only see 1 operation. When I click the filter, I see possibly three operations to queue up for. But it seems like I can't "choose an operation" generally to queue up for? Is there just 1-3 operations available per week? Does it change every week? So if I need help on a specific operation, I have to wait until it's listed?

1. Yes, there's just those in Operations Group Finder each week.

2. Yes, they change each week.

3. No, you can search for a group doing that one and go in via its entrance. Most of them are on the Fleet (but not in the big round part of the Fleet), but e.g. the two Dread Doobrie ones are found on Oricon.

Or search for and join a guild that does newbie Operations training runs.

Hello, again!

How do I find "operations group finder"? Been playing for over two years but was never interested in any group missions until recently. Mostly because of story stuff I'm sick of missing out on. And I can't seem to scare up a group on the chat-thingy on-planet or on the Fleet. Nor understand much of what's being said in the chat, with all the caps acronyms and weird slang.

How do I find one of those, as well, in case I can't get a group going or join one? And which would be better? Finding a group or guild? In all honesty, I don't play SWTOR to socialize or "join" people. But some of the stuff I want to do requires a group. For those instances, I'll happily take one, but I don't want to have to join in group activities other than the ones I'm interested in at that moment. Guilds sound like they might be ... the opposite of that. But if it's the surefire way to play in operations whenever I want....

How do I find "operations group finder"? Been playing for over two years but was never interested in any group missions until recently.

The "Activities" drop down at the top of the screen has sections for [sM] Operations, veteran and master Flashpoints, and Uprisings. The Operations usually take a long time to 'pop' and are more often done by just joining a group on Fleet.

Guilds vary a lot. Some have strict requirements, some are very lax, etc. The Guild I'm currently in has no pressure to do anything, but often does Ops.

Edited by JediQuaker

The "Activities" drop down at the top of the screen has sections for [sM] Operations, veteran and master Flashpoints, and Uprisings. The Operations usually take a long time to 'pop' and are more often done by just joining a group on Fleet.

I found the Activities dropdown, but it only has GROUP, PVP, SOLO, and LOCKOUTS ... no idea what that last one is.

Guilds vary a lot. Some have strict requirements, some are very lax, etc. The Guild I'm currently in has no pressure to do anything, but often does Ops.

Is your guild looking for operations noobs who mostly play DPS and never play healer? Or do you know of any other such guilds?

I found the Activities dropdown, but it only has GROUP, PVP, SOLO, and LOCKOUTS ... no idea what that last one is.

Group tab is mainly for queuing Flashpoints (4 player groups) and Uprisings. You'll see Story Ops but not the best way to join - monitor General Chat on Fleet for messages like "LFM DF SM" (Looking for Member Dread Fortress Story Mode) or similar. Once players are filling out the group, the messages get more specific of remaining needs like "LF 1D 1T 1H for DF SM" (Looking for 1 DPS 1 Tank 1 Healer...). You usually whisper back and type "x DPS" (or x tank or x heals) and click to accept group invite.

Alternatively you can state your availability by typing "DPS LFG SM OP" (DPS Looking for Group Story Mode Operation) for example.

Someone in the group will usually provide a "summons" (a message with an x and checkmark asking if you want to travel to the location). Click the check and you will typically transport to near the entrance of the op and see your teammates showing up. Head into the purple/pink screen when they do.

The Lockouts tab provides a view into which ops (or even just specific bosses in an op) that you or your teammates have cleared and cannot run again until reset (Story Mode is daily and higher are weekly). Once you are in group, the right side shows all players lockouts and the left side shows yours. You just want to make sure you do not ask for/accept an invite for an instance you have a lockout for.

"Group" is the one you want where you'll find the OPs and FPs.

PvP is for PvP

Solo is for 'solo' content - flashpoints, heroics etc.

"Lockouts" has to do with 'weekly' operations - if you've done a weekly, it just lists which OPs you are 'locked out' of for the rest of the week.

Is your guild looking for operations noobs who mostly play DPS and never play healer? Or do you know of any other such guilds?

I wouldn't say "looking", but I would say "willing to accept". Things vary as people leave and join. At this time we do some OPs on our own, but more often in conjunction with another Guild. I sent you a DM.

Edited by JediQuaker

Group tab is mainly for queuing Flashpoints (4 player groups) and Uprisings. You'll see Story Ops but not the best way to join - monitor General Chat on Fleet for messages like "LFM DF SM" (Looking for Member Dread Fortress Story Mode) or similar.

Picky details, but LFM is usually "Looking For More"

Once players are filling out the group, the messages get more specific of remaining needs like "LF 1D 1T 1H for DF SM" (Looking for 1 DPS 1 Tank 1 Healer...). You usually whisper back and type "x DPS" (or x tank or x heals) and click to accept group invite.

More picky details. The "x" would stand for "experienced". Don't say "x DPS" unless you are familiar with the particular OP.

Also, NONE of those acronyms stood for what I'd have guessed :

ACRONYMS!!!!

::shakes fist at the sky::

More picky details - there's a 'sticky' at the top of the 'new player help' forum called "SWTOR Acronyms Explained".

Shake that fist at the mirror.🙂 😂

Edited by JediQuaker

Near the spawn point you'll see a speedertaxi or similar that's a blue clicky. It unlocks after the group takes down the first boss, and then extends as each boss after that meets its end. It brings you to just after the previous boss, if memory serves.

2. Yes, they change each week.

3. No, you can search for a group doing that one and go in via its entrance. Most of them are on the Fleet (but not in the big round part of the Fleet), but e.g. the two Dread Doobrie ones are found on Oricon.

Oh thank you! for #3, when you say 'group on the fleet' I think you mean shouting out in the general chat on the fleet right? I was able to get some groups that way!