Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spirit of Vegeance Flashpoint Solo - Over Powered

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Spirit of Vegeance Flashpoint Solo - Over Powered

Flashmansblade
05.22.2021 , 09:24 AM | #41
Some classes are still much more difficult than others. Bounty Hunter (powertech & merc) is proving impossible but I completed with my jedi sage without dying once. Gear has not made any difference.

CarlGustaf
05.23.2021 , 02:37 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Flashmansblade View Post
Some classes are still much more difficult than others. Bounty Hunter (powertech & merc) is proving impossible but I completed with my jedi sage without dying once. Gear has not made any difference.
Calling something impossible is kind of risky. it can be proven wrong really fast...
PT Pyro Video

Since I haven't done the story with my pt so far and I don't plan doing it in the future I used Aric Jorgan (as DPS) as a Rass replacement (on Level 1). I started with Full 306 Gear and removed gear till 197er rating.

And please. Gear makes a diffrence, but more importantly is how you play with your class. I don't claim to play optimally in the video or even in general.

Please stop saying it's impossible if it's clearly a learn to play issue. Some classes will always be favorable than others. Mercs and Slingers doing more DMG than theire Counterparts for example. Deal with it.

Does the flashpoint have bugs? Yes. Are they annoying? Absolutly!
Natsu Dragonslayer Eideley
YOLO on T3-M4

Gimp aus Leidenschaft

Hadsil
05.23.2021 , 06:45 AM | #43
It's "impossible" for us casual players who have been able to play all previous mandatory Story Mode Flashpoints with only the gear the game gives us. We know how to play our characters.

abernathe
06.06.2021 , 04:38 PM | #44
I'm surprised that the developers haven't fixed this stupid Flashpoint yet. Storymode feels like the difficulty is stuck on Veteran or Master. I've tried it s number of times already and have simply given up on trying to complete it. It feels like the devs created that Flashpoint with the specific intent on forcing players to do that FP in teams.

TreeHuggerHannah
06.07.2021 , 08:12 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by abernathe View Post
I'm surprised that the developers haven't fixed this stupid Flashpoint yet. Storymode feels like the difficulty is stuck on Veteran or Master. I've tried it s number of times already and have simply given up on trying to complete it. It feels like the devs created that Flashpoint with the specific intent on forcing players to do that FP in teams.
Can you actually do it in a team for story completion?

abernathe
06.11.2021 , 05:23 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by TreeHuggerHannah View Post
Can you actually do it in a team for story completion?
I'm pretty sure you should be able to because I had a former guild member help me out with a chapter mission, I think it was Fallen Empire, and I received the completion for it, even though I had help in a team. I'm pretty sure that Flashpoints would work the same way. But, even if Bioware tweaked the Flashpoint, it is still impossible to do or complete when you're solo. I'm sufficiently geared for Flashpoints and I keep getting stomped.

There are a number of different bosses in the game but those regular NPC mobs that are placed almost every 10 feet on the ship, they hit like those bosses with the bright sun next to their NPC name. Let's not get started on the actual bosses themselves. IT almost feels like you're fighting a worldboss, SOLO.

Hadsil
06.12.2021 , 01:07 AM | #47
There are a number of different bosses in the game but those regular NPC mobs that are placed almost every 10 feet on the ship, they hit like those bosses with the bright sun next to their NPC name. Let's not get started on the actual bosses themselves. IT almost feels like you're fighting a worldboss, SOLO.
The first Boss opens with his You Die power. You need to move out of the danger area right after your first attack to start the fight. Keep on the lookout for it and take plenty of trips to the healing tanks.

The second Boss take out the healers first. Then take out the help. Then fight the Boss alone. Also take plenty of trips to the healing tanks. Everyone is still deadly as if they were bosses themselves, so you must suffer them. It has been awhile since I played, but I think there is good news in that if/when you die any healers and help you previously killed will stay dead so the battle becomes relatively easier upon respawning.

The third Boss is the easiest one in my opinion. You only fight her, but unlike the first Boss she doesn't have a You Die power. She's not a pushover, but I found her to be the normal strength as other story mode flashpoint bosses.

The fourth Boss herself is story mode flashpoint boss normal to fight. It's her help who kill you. First Wave kill the healers first. They do go down relatively fast. Your Companion on Heal will keep you alive long enough to kill them. Then go after the other two in a slugfest one by one. The Second Wave you just die. Some people have suggested kill the snipers first. Doesn't work for me. It's a coin flip if I kill one without dying. If I succeed it's a coin flip if I die before I reach the healing tank. If I succeed I always die while attacking the second sniper. Other people suggest I attack the mob first. Doesn't work for me. I just die. I can use stuns, heroic moment, defensive buffs, doesn't matter. I just die.

Dmnqwk
06.12.2021 , 11:55 AM | #48
I think the PT Pyro video is a good example of how you can be bad at the game and still do it.

For starters - no interrupts make the job harder.
Secondly no AoE stuns or crowd control or even using the right buttons - they're literally showing you how they can be bad and still get the job done, which is a positive sight.

SteveTheCynic
06.14.2021 , 11:33 AM | #49
I'm pretty sure you should be able to because I had a former guild member help me out with a chapter mission, I think it was Fallen Empire, and I received the completion for it, even though I had help in a team. I'm pretty sure that Flashpoints would work the same way.
You might be sure, but if so, you're wrong. Solo-Story FPs are solo. And story.
But, even if Bioware tweaked the Flashpoint, it is still impossible to do or complete when you're solo. I'm sufficiently geared for Flashpoints and I keep getting stomped.
It isn't impossible for *me* to complete when *I'm* solo.
Sorry, but no. I've fought (briefly, and fatally for me) world bosses(1) solo. The bosses in SoV aren't anything like that. Not even *close*.

(1) SWTOR world bosses don't rate Initial Capitals. They are hopeless wusses. Tequatl the Sunless or The Shatterer could wipe the floor with them. Even so, they are more than strong enough to wipe the floor with even the best-equipped single player.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes