2020 Greetings from Keith!

KeithKanneg

Hmm, it might some sort of Old Republic movie tie-in.... or some sort of KOTOR-remake tie-in.

Speculation is fun. I honestly don't know what you two are talking about. "Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst" is a more healthy mindset.

You think they might doing another MMO ? There are these rumours about that new Old Republic game that no one knows what's it going to be....

The only salvation I see for this game is moving on to SWTOR 2 or something similar. I doubt they will update the engine of a 10 year old game, but who knows. We shall see... If they already said they have plansfor 2021 that is good news that something is going to happen.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So disappointed. Absolutely nothing about the bugs or fixing them.

Yup.

Just another "hey we have great things in the future; but please ignore how many times we have promised that in the past, and failed to deliver." post.

Bioware Austin, especially the Lead Producer and Community Manager need to start to grasp a very simple basic principle of good business practice: "talking the talk" is fine for getting people interested in your product; but "walking the walk" is what keeps them as paying customers.

Bioware's "hey we have great things lined up for the future" posts are talking-the-talk.

Unfortunately when it comes to walking-the-walk all we get is Tier 11 Crafting, and year and years of unfixed bugs.

All The Best

And I also notice that once again they stop talking to us. It's simple, Mr Musco, Mr Kanneg, et al, if you actually bother to communicate with us, even if it's not always what I want to hear, I'm less likely to be a flaming jerk because at least there is an open and honest communication.

I fail to see how Mr Musco was so overworked he needed help when this community is so atrociously managed.

Edited by KendraP

...and where is Zenith? :p

Plus one for the "where is Zenith" queue/pitchfork protest. He's an underrated companion and the only part of the Consular story I really liked. I always said he should have been a romance option from day one (especially for neutral/DS consulars) so I hope when he does return, they've allowed this (and we get to find out his real name).* Charles did say 6.2 would be crazy! And whilst I'm on the subject of crazy, another of my crazy theories:

Jadus and Malgus are either the same person or working together

So disappointed. Absolutely nothing about the bugs or fixing them.

I have hope that the list of incoming fixes is so long that the patch notes will require a separate huge bug fix appendix & Lord P'tach Musco is currently building up the stamina to write them.*

*I realise I'm opening myself to being severely disappointed in relation to all the above :rolleyes:

Hmm, it might some sort of Old Republic movie tie-in.... or some sort of KOTOR-remake tie-in.

Speculation is fun. I honestly don't know what you two are talking about. "Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst" is a more healthy mindset.

Oh i agree that speculation is fun. But most people don't know how to control their expectations and it ends up with a wave of negativity, wich in turn is not fun at all.

First story update in May? Jesus it never moved at a slower pace than nowadays. And the funniest part is that the May update will mostly concern an epilogue to an older already concluded KOTFEET story lol.

2021 story expansion better be something new, grand and GOOD 'cause right not SWTOR is at its most boring and spare period in storytelling ever...

All of the yellow posts in this thread did nothing to convince me there are any actual major plans for the game. On the contrary. ALL kind of content (story, Ops, WZ) looks to be fewer and fewer in quantity

Edited by Pietrastor

We are getting a story update Tuesday Feb 11th though? :confused:

We call 1 minute cutscenes actual story updates now? :confused: Yeah no. Certinately not for a game that used to have EIGHT unique 10+ hours class stories at launch (on top of unique planetary stories and others), or even montly 1+ hour story chapters just a few years ago. It's insuting to this game's history.

Edited by Pietrastor

Thanks Luke. My intention was to say hi, let you know SWTOR will be around for years to come, that we’ve had a lot of fun this past quarter with Onslaught, and now it’s time to move forward with 2020 starting with Game Update 6.1. So, scrapping my old post, here’s my new one:

• Hi
  • SWTOR will be around for years to come (cuz we’re planning to release something big for our 10th anniversary)
  • Onslaught continues to be a lot of fun, but we need to start providing updates – so on Feb 11th, we’ll release 6.1 (but that’s only one of many in 2020).
  • Will get you more details about upcoming releases
  • Hope to see you at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, CA

😊

---Keith---

But will SWTOR be around for years to come?

*Slowly fades into a nearby shrub*

We call 1 minute cutscenes actual story updates now? :confused: Yeah no. Certinately not for a game that used to have EIGHT unique 10+ hours class stories at launch (on top of unique planetary stories and others), or even montly 1+ hour story chapters just a few years ago. It's insuting to this game's history.

Unfortunately, some people complained loudly that we were getting too much story content with the chapters. Bioware listened to them and stopped releasing the monthly chapters. :( So, now we only get content two or three times a year.

Unfortunately, some people complained loudly that we were getting too much story content with the chapters. Bioware listened to them and stopped releasing the monthly chapters. :( So, now we only get content two or three times a year.

Which wasn't without reason, afterall new Ops/FPs nearly stopped being released during that time. But that doesn't excuse why new story content is such an uninmaginative low effort. Imp vs Rep Malgus Corellia perpetual war-that-doesn't-progress state rehash. If anything, given fewer oppurtunities for story updates, they should've ensured it was the highest quality possible. Instead, the most intriguing part of the post-KOTFEET era is... Scourge/Plague subplot which is basicaly the finale of the KOTFEET era and has nothing to do with Imp vs Rep lol.

Sigh. Unless something major happens or changes, I have rock bottom expectations for future story updates (sans Scourge/Plague thing maybe). Ossus & Onslaught prove they have no clue how to make renewed Imp vs Rep feel fresh and interesting again and thus the overall story. People complained Episodes 7-9 played it too safe and rehased too much yet Ossus/Onslaught is far bigger offender.

Still better than content that lasts you 20 minutes.

I didnt stick around for that, but i do for this. Theres more content besides the story. That is what lasts.

More interested in seeing news of new planets (with dailies/heroics) FP's, WZ's and OP's. Story is the cream on top, it's not the core of the meal and it can never be. We consume it far faster than it can be made.

Edited by Nemmar

If the amount of daily grind NPC crowd control abilities aren't reduced to near nothing, it doesn't matter what else is done. I won't be paying anymore.

Dont forget to give them wet noodles for weapons, age them 60 years and give them a little stick to stand on. In the good SW trooper tradition they should always miss with attacks and kill us of sheer boredom. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nemmar

I didnt stick around for that, but i do for this. Theres more content besides the story. That is what lasts.

More interested in seeing news of new planets (with dailies/heroics) FP's, WZ's and OP's. Story is the cream on top, it's not the core of the meal and it can never be. We consume it far faster than it can be made.

Not for me. For me story is the core and reason I subscribe.

Dont forget to give them wet noodles for weapons, age them 60 years and give them a little stick to stand on. In the good SW trooper tradition they should always miss with attacks and kill us of sheer boredom. :rolleyes:

If you think being stunned for 6 seconds then knocked down for another 6 or more seconds then knocked back 15 meters is a fun way to start a fight, that's you. It's annoying, not fun. I don't care if they hit harder, being unable to do anything for the first 20 seconds of a fight is not a fun game. If you like that system, by all means sit back and watch your comp do all the fighting.

They're very quick to jump to next year ""10th Anniversary"" when this year's only just beginning lol. Gives me major ""well not much is happening this year"" vibe. Unsurprised if this is true, but if I'm being optimistic they probably have some stuff planned but can't talk about it yet.

Not for me. For me story is the core and reason I subscribe.

Same here. I still feel sad when I think of the truncated KotFE/ET story and what could have been if we had 3x16 chapters. I do enjoy the story updates we currently get, but I wish they were more substantial and frequent.

Edited by Estelindis

The proplem is that we are more then likely not going to be getting anymore big story updates for a while yet since they are focusing on DA4 just like when Anthem was in development so don't go getting your hopes up.

This game is on a barebones staff and it shows the quality of not only the story but also the content we are getting is poor to say the least and i wish it was better but sadly it isn't, i love this game i have been a early supporter of it to the point i had to import it since poor austalia wasn't in the first wave of releases so i didn't get my collectors edition i paided for thanks for that bioware. This game honestly deserves way better then what we have now and you would of thought they would of learned from Anthem that putting all your eggs in one basket is a bad move but it looks like they are set to repeat the same thing again lets just hope they do a better job with dragon age because if not then i think we know what will be next on EA's cutting block.

It is what lasts but it's the story primarily that hooks people in. Without it, it would be tetris. Still fun, but not something that will ignite passionate discussions, imagination etc. Disregarding story component in this MMO is just as dangerous as group-play component.

Edited by Pietrastor

I very much agree. Especially keen to see more of Vector, whose character arc I find myself appreciating even more after another light-side agent playthrough. He really is a multi-layered, subtle character with a moving story. Before my current agent playthrough, I was confused about how to reconcile

his general light-sidedness and preference for resolving things peacefully with the resolution of the Alderaan storyline where he favours House Cortess being forcibly Joined. At the time, he doesn't seem to see it could be wrong to do this. But as his story plays out subsequently, I noted that he reconnects with his humanity and finds a way to balance the various forces pulling him in different directions. When he's asked to Join someone against their will later on, he refrains from doing so on his own initiative, without having to be so ordered by the player.

Vector undergoes character development over the course of the agent story, while simultaneously having core values that don't substantially change; he just goes through a period of adjustment. During the time skip, he experiences a lot more change, and I'm very interested to see how his character continues to develop in whatever circumstances he finds himself now.

Definitely do want further crafting improvements and Zenith's return too, so I'm 100% on the same page as you here. :D

Yeeesssss! Vector is still, after all these years, my favorite romance and one of my favorite characters in the game. If I could insert an audience applauding you gif here I would. So just imagine I did. :)

/agreed.

/agree

I absolutely rather be playing than crafting. Let my companions do the crafting as they always have :p

Edit: Dangit, I quoted the wrong one. But I was agreeing with the post on page 14 about crafting. Sorry :(

Edited by TinaLovesHan

One more post from me and then I promise I'm done for today!

Story is the reason I sub and the reason I've been here for 8 yrs. I don't mind when other stuff is released, I'm happy for others to get content they enjoy. I don't mind a bit of wait in between story bits. And while some parts of the story has been better than others, I always enjoyed it all (except those walker chapters, eff those! lol).

Again: Thanks devs for all the hard work you put into this game for us. I appreciate it!