How does Pylons even make sense? The way we just lost is garbage.

Loadsamonie

Exactly, it needs to be rebalanced so orbs matter more than kills. Change it so orbs count retroactively towards every round the same way kills do.

absolutely not, it is as it should be. if anything they should get rid of the orbs entirely so that noobs don't try to PvE the entire game as opposed to PvPing. tbh though, AHG is trash in general so... /shrug

absolutely not, it is as it should be. if anything they should get rid of the orbs entirely so that noobs don't try to PvE the entire game as opposed to PvPing. tbh though, AHG is trash in general so... /shrug

So you completely misunderstand that Hypergates is an Objectives game and not a TDM? K, got it.

ok, making sure I understand it correctly

get a pylon, and destroy enemy in the process

then

go to center, destroy enemy, and maybe get orb

More or less, there are several strats.

For instance, what I have seen on Malgus, send 2-3 to cap yours and the rest to cap theirs. It becomes a dps race and the last team standing gets the pylon. If a team is able to cap both, the opposing team normally continues to mindlessly attack their pylon, feeding kills.

On SF, it a little different, both teams normally cap pylons and the dps race occurs at mid. The victor does not run orbs but proceeds to opposing teams pylon to wreck defenders. Similarly to Malgus, the opposing team continues to mindlessly feed kills to get pylon back.

The key to handling both is to play smarter. DONT FEED THEM KILLS. Proceed to other side to cap less defended pylon. Unfortunately, it does not often work out like that.

I think I understand now.

there is a point to getting objective, at the start or the end, which ever the case, but it's the secondary Objective is not needed at all, to win. which, possibly that comes into question why is it there? What's it purpose then? . . .

possibly last question

if you don't have any Pylons , can you still win just on kills?

there is a point to getting objective, at the start or the end, which ever the case, but it's the secondary Objective is not needed at all, to win. which, possibly that comes into question why is it there? What's it purpose then? . . .

possibly last question

I literally answered your questions above as a reply to you. Do you understand why people stop responding to "legitimate questions"? Because you ignore people who actually take the time to answer your questions and ask them over and over.

If you are talking about the orbs themselves and the AH warzone, there are objectives and orbs do play their role. The objective first and most important is to get a pylon, since if you don't have a pylon you don't get any points regardless of how many orbs/kills you had. The pylon also gives a lot of points itself, multiplied every round. The secondary objective is to keep your opponent from capping theirs for the reasons above. The third is to secure a lot of kills early, since kills persist through rounds. And if you see mid is clear and no one is trying to steal your pylon, get some orbs. The exception is of course if getting an orb can auto win the game for you, then you prioritize orbs over kills.

The orbs themselves play an important role, just not the one everyone assumes they do. They are an anti-turtling mechanic, and a reason to go fight in mid. If they didn't exist, the best strategy would be to just take all 8 people to the pylon, cap and wait for either the other team to send a kill train your way or sudden death. Pretty boring right? But because orbs exist, if a team does that, the enemy team can just go into mid, cap, kill the one or two stragglers and get more points, destroying the turtling strategy. They are also a reward for clearing mid. If your team is dominant in mid, it is an extra reward for them, and gives them something to do instead of spawn camp.

Edited by sithBracer

Thats been answered like three times.

1. when you can end the game prior to an explosion by running 1 or 2 orbs, it can be worth it to get into the next WZ quicker.

2. To end the game quicker when one team is wildly stronger than the other and can spare someone to run orbs.

3. To prevent turtling strategies, if the opposing team is just trying to squat on the pylon you can hold mid and run orbs to your own pylon rather than feeding their team kills. s

possibly last question

No, if you don't have a pylon when the explosion happens you get no points for the round. A commonish strategy in close or back and forth games is to send a stealth crew to cap their pylon in the last few seconds before the explosion to cause the opponents to get no points for that round. Its honestly almost a guaranteed win if the teams are at all competitive and one side manages to pull that off.

I thought after a 3 year break people might have this figured out. Nope. I people love to run bubbles why I try to team fight with two other teammates against 6-7. I think they are not confident in a team fight or something? Not sure.

I thought after a 3 year break people might have this figured out. Nope. I people love to run bubbles why I try to team fight with two other teammates against 6-7. I think they are not confident in a team fight or something? Not sure.

I just see taking Pylons and grabbing Orbs as the primary objective in Hypergates. Kills are secondary.

Same with Huttball, Denova, Voidstar, etc. Kills are always secondary to the objective, that being to run the ball to the opposing teams goal, to take the ball from the other team, to plant the bomb, to defend the door from bomb planting, to take the node and defend the nodes from the enemy team, etc. Kills are merely a byproduct of that, not the main focus.

The only exception is 4v4 arenas, where the objective is literally to kill the opposing team. Unless it's a 4v4, killing the opposing team is always secondary to the objectives.

Edited by Loadsamonie

I just see taking Pylons and grabbing Orbs as the primary objective in Hypergates. Kills are secondary.

Yeah, you're the problem. You'll learn eventually. With kills you get more points than bubbles over time. You also gain control - giving them less options. It draws them off defense giving your counter plays higher opportunity. I've missed a pylon two times in a row and still win by a landslide. Can you explain how that happens? I can. The OP is like you, diligently running bubbles and wondering why they're losing.

The order of importance is Gain a Pylon > get kills > don't die > deny their pylon > run bubbles - and 'take enemy pylon' is only ever an option when you are certain they won't take it back - such as a few seconds on the timer or you have a strong enough team to deny or take theirs.

Edited by Wimbleton

Yeah, you're the problem. You'll learn eventually. With kills you get more points than bubbles over time. You also gain control - giving them less options. It draws them off defense giving your counter plays higher opportunity. I've missed a pylon two times in a row and still win by a landslide. Can you explain how that happens? I can. The OP is like you, diligently running bubbles and wondering why they're losing.

The order of importance is Gain a Pylon > get kills > don't die > deny their pylon > run bubbles - and 'take enemy pylon' is only ever an option when you are certain they won't take it back - such as a few seconds on the timer or you have a strong enough team to deny or take theirs.

No, I'm not. I'm playing the game correctly. Focusing on kills in a game where kills are not the objective is playing the game wrong and asking to lose. By your logic, we should just completely ignore the ball carrier in huttball and kill random players meandering on the other side of the field, because scoring points and keeping the ball out of enemy hands is irrelevent.

Edited by Loadsamonie

No, I'm not. I'm playing the game correctly. Focusing on kills in a game where kills are not the objective is playing the game wrong and asking to lose. By your logic, we should just completely ignore the ball carrier in huttball and kill random players meandering on the other side of the field, because scoring points and keeping the ball out of enemy hands is irrelevent.

The objective is to win, to win you need 600 points, kills are a better source of getting points than bubbles.

Stop bringing up other warzones where kills do not give points. Anyone who knows me knows I play to win I have somewhere between 15000-20000 wins. My dad can beat up ur dad as well, so don't even try.

Edited by Wimbleton

The objective is to win, to win you need 600 points, kills are a better source of getting points than bubbles.

Stop bringing up other warzones where kills do not give points. Anyone who knows me knows I play to win I have somewhere between 15000-20000 wins. My dad can beat up ur dad as well, so don't even try.

Put your money where your blaster is. I've got 20,000 Republic Dataries says my dad can whoop your dads ***.

• In Huttball, getting 50 kills and 1 score will lose against a team that scores more.
  • In Voidstar, getting 50 kills and 1 door will lose against a team that gets more doors.
  • In Civil War, Novare, Yavin, and Odessen, getting 50 kills and holding 1 point will lose against a team that holds 2 points

All of the above are true. However, Hypergate is not intuitive

In Hypergate, getting 50 kills and 1 pylon will beat a team that runs orbs and has 1 pylon.

If your true desire is to win warzones, your reaction to learning this would be to kill the enemy and avoid dying.

Saying "that is such a terrible design" or otherwise being mad that AH is a deathmatch only makes sense if your true desire is to interact with blue clicky things. I suspect this is the case for most "objective players."

The developers have designed Hypergate so that kills are the way to win. Go forth and kill the enemy (if it's Hypergate)

Kills are worth more points than orbs. Orbs are literally a win more/anti-turtling mechanic.

I say this as someone who wants to actually win warzones rather than rack up kills and damage when i'm in there. As a huge proponent for 8v8 objective style play. Quite probably one of my only points of unity with the arena style fanbase.

For ancient hypergate its literally Kills>making a play for their pylon with stealthers in the last seconds prior to explosion>orbs.

Do not pull this "By that logic blah blah in huttball" crap. Ancient Hypergates is not huttball. You cannot be an 'objective pvper' if you do not know what earns you the most points.

Edited by Raazmir

it did start out that way, when more players joined in, there was more fighting, I was trying to deny their pylon at the end, from what I had understood,that it was one way to get a win, if you take their pylon away at the end.

we did have more orbs tho, still not sure I'm reading the score right.