Constructive Criticism: The Most Important Change We Need In 7.2

septru

Now that 7.1 is finished, BioWare is probably brainstorming and drafting up changes to PvP in anticipation of 7.2 and the “PvP Revamp.” Maybe those changes are going to be extremely underwhelming and the bare minimum like PvP class balance, and maybe those changes are going to be large scale and actually revamp PvP.

Let’s assume the latter, and the PvP revamp is actually going to be a “revamp”… What changes do we need most? What part of PvP sucks the most and why? What should BioWare do to fix it?

Who knows, maybe BioWare is actually reading this. Keep your suggestions constructive and practical. Remember the BioWare team is small and not well funded. They aren’t going to change the engine, bring back ranked 8v8s, or implement cross-server PvP.

Here’s my suggestion:

Suggestion:

• Change the amount of damage that gets transferred from the guarded to guarding target to 20% (down from 50%).
  • Create a PvP stat called “Guard Effectiveness.” Every X point of Guard Effectiveness increases the amount of damage that gets transferred to the tank.
  • Guard Effectiveness experiences VERY HARD diminishing returns at the 45%~50% mark, similar to the critical stat.
  • Guard Effectiveness is a tank stat and can only be found on tank gear.
  • Bring back guard for dps classes.

Reasoning:

• Forces tanks to take tank gear.
  • Allows diversity between tank gear and dps gear.
  • Brings back and balances offguard for dps classes.
  • Does not affect pve.

Edited by septru

Please allow MAP voting/choice/filter. Because ranked only rarely pops sometimes you will never see a regs arena. Let me filter out map types I don't want to play.

"oh no but then small pop means long queues."

No, there are literally people who happily take the 15 minute lockout the second they spawn into an arena because they refuse to PVP. These are the same people that rage about someone fighting mid in a PVP game mode. Let them play Huttball instead and PVP as little as possible. Let them touch door all night.

Also remove the 15 lockout for "leaving" in regs. The system can not differentiate between "ragequitting" and "being DC'D." This is NOT a moba. If the devs wants to treat it as such then allow for a DC'D player to RECONNECT to the game while its in progress. Furthermore if someone leaves they are almost instantly replaced. Anyone leaving a game mode or a map they do not want to play is going to leave it regardless of any penalties or lockouts.

Now that 7.1 is finished, BioWare is probably brainstorming and drafting up changes to PvP in anticipation of 7.2 and the “PvP Revamp.” Maybe those changes are going to be extremely underwhelming and the bare minimum like PvP class balance, and maybe those changes are going to be large scale and actually revamp PvP.

Let’s assume the latter, and the PvP revamp is actually going to be a “revamp”… What changes do we need most? What part of PvP sucks the most and why? What should BioWare do to fix it?

Who knows, maybe BioWare is actually reading this. Keep your suggestions constructive and practical. Remember the BioWare team is small and not well funded. They aren’t going to change the engine, bring back ranked 8v8s, or implement cross-server PvP.

Here’s my suggestion:

Suggestion:

• Change the amount of damage that gets transferred from the guarded to guarding target to 20% (down from 50%).
  • Create a PvP stat called “Guard Effectiveness.” Every X point of Guard Effectiveness increases the amount of damage that gets transferred to the tank.
  • Guard Effectiveness experiences VERY HARD diminishing returns at the 45%~50% mark, similar to the critical stat.

Reasoning:

• Does not affect pve.

Biggest issue is lack of players queing for pvp (especially ranked play). Half the time I que for solo ranked I can't get a que pop. I sit in que for 30 minutes get frustrated and log off. Fix that.

Server Merge

New maps

Take some of the existing maps and change the game/mechanics of each map (like WOW did)

more class balance - its stealth meta again.

Encourage more players to participate.

Promote pvp!

Help curb the toxicity

Huge barrier to enter solo ranked. To help people learn arenas offer an unranked arena que so people can learn.

Edited by BonnerFett

Huge barrier to enter solo ranked. To help people learn arenas offer an unranked arena que so people can learn.

I find it very funny that the people complaining about lessening the "barrier to entry" were whining about fixing augments, which creates another barrier to entry.

I find it very funny that the people complaining about lessening the "barrier to entry" were whining about fixing augments, which creates another barrier to entry.

I find it funny that people assume its a "barrier to entry" and not just that at least half but probably more than half of the remaning pvp population grudgingly tolerates arenas at best, or quits them and does something else for 15 minutes instead at worst.

Its not a barrier to entry. Its just a game mode only a few players like that encourages the kinds of people that make players do something else with their time.

I find it funny that people assume its a "barrier to entry" and not just that at least half but probably more than half of the remaning pvp population grudgingly tolerates arenas at best, or quits them and does something else for 15 minutes instead at worst.

Its not a barrier to entry. Its just a game mode only a few players like that encourages the kinds of people that make players do something else with their time.

My point is that you can play warzones all day, you can get really good at 8v8 but ranked arenas are a completely different game.

If they offered unranked arenas for people to practice it might just get more people playing and learning which would increase the skills of the people who would like to que for solo ranked but don't want to get their teeth kicked in repeatedly by a gold player that has 10 years of experience.

But none of this matters if there is only 8 people in the SR que.

My point is that you can play warzones all day, you can get really good at 8v8 but ranked arenas are a completely different game.

If they offered unranked arenas for people to practice it might just get more people playing and learning which would increase the skills of the people who would like to que for solo ranked but don't want to get their teeth kicked in repeatedly by a gold player that has 10 years of experience.

But none of this matters if there is only 8 people in the SR que.

Pretty sure arenas, ranked or unranked, are just DPS smash, tanks guard swap, and healers heal. Pretty simple.

Chris Schmitt mentioned a reallllllllly long time ago that they were working on a warzone filter to choose specifics maps. But that was in 6.0 and we haven't heard anything since. And now he doesnt even work here so who knows.

Is there even an ETA for 7.2? I would assume it's at LEAST 3 months away?

If I was a betting man... ya. Minimum of 3 months.

But I'd imagine BW wants to roll out 7.2 by December. They committed to 7.2 in their "Year Long Celebration" ********. So it would look really bad if they didn't finish 7.2 as promissed.

And also, BW has historically skimped on PvP patches in the past. In 5.X there was a major pvp patch. BioWare was running late on rolling out the patch, and the patch had a lot of bugs on PTS. They rolled it out anyways and fixed a bunch of bugs in the months afterwards. I could see that happening with 7.2 so that BW could fit 7.2 in before the end of the year.

Edited by septru

Chris Schmitt mentioned a reallllllllly long time ago that they were working on a warzone filter to choose specifics maps. But that was in 6.0 and we haven't heard anything since. And now he doesnt even work here so who knows.

I remember that as well. If that was the ONLY thing they added to PVP with their "revamp" I would be content even with the stupid lockout for getting DC'D

Nothing constructive, as always, has been offered. Prum, I respect the tone of your post so I will do my best.

First, there is not such thing as a pvp community anymore. I have people speak to me and don't have a clue who they are. I do not care either. There are a few attempts at pvp guilds, in which I respect, but even they have not a clue what a pvp guild should be. In the end, there is no orginization, no skill, no attempts to train, no attempts to help those willing to learn. That is were the pvp community fails.

Second, ranked is a joke, it is the venue I disrespect the most. I do not consider a single flair as a representation of where ranked is, nor where it could be. A handful of you all dictate now, it not only a joke, but insulting. You hinder participation while trying to encourage it. For your own benefit.

In order to change this, a strong pvp community must be reestablished. A strong community can squash the ranked player elitist stranglehold.

Unfortunately, this will never happen. So, it will never be fixed. Sorry, just the truth.

Too answer your question though, a community must be formed to progress pvp.

Not just a handful of players who think they know what the pvp community used to be.

Edited by Nickodemous

Nothing constructive, as always, has been offered. Prum, I respect the tone of your post so I will do my best.

First, there is not such thing as a pvp community anymore. I have people speak to me and don't have a clue who they are. I do not care either. There are a few attempts at pvp guilds, in which I respect, but even they have not a clue what a pvp guild should be. In the end, there is no orginization, no skill, no attempts to train, no attempts to help those willing to learn. That is were the pvp community fails.

Second, ranked is a joke, it is the venue I disrespect the most. I do not consider a single flair as a representation of where ranked is, nor where it could be. A handful of you all dictate now, it not only a joke, but insulting. You hinder participation while trying to encourage it. For your own benefit.

In order to change this, a strong pvp community must be reestablished. A strong community can squash the ranked player elitist stranglehold.

Unfortunately, this will never happen. So, it will never be fixed. Sorry, just the truth.

Too answer your question though, a community must be formed to progress pvp.

Not just a handful of players who think they know what the pvp community used to be.

You seem to have alot of opinions for a dude who just complains on the forums then stands around on the fleet complaining in gen chat whilst solo queueing reggies. :rak_03:

Here’s my suggestion:

Suggestion:

Reasoning:

• Does not affect pve.

Honestly good suggestions, but people clutter this stuff with idiotic things. You made reasonable, fair and constructive suggestions but people just say "bring back expertise" look the problem would go away with that. Or just hate you for who you are, shameless, and people call ranked players toxic? Incredible.

Make internal damage mitigatable. This one change would make every single tank viable. Jugg and shadow tanks even running full mitigation are just terrible in 4's because internal and elemental damage cannot be mitigated. Internal and elemental ignores armor as well, so any dcd that boosts armor rating is useless to them.The dcds of both those classes don't make up for the raw damage output of a leth-pyro team. For mit to be worthwhile, it needs to put the tank in a position it doesn't have to worry as much about damage output because it can survive a tank tunnel strat. The only tank that has a chance of accomplishing that right now is pt tank. Every other tank is nonviable. Edited by Llacertus

Make internal damage mitigatable. This one change would make every single tank viable. Jugg and shadow tanks even running full mitigation are just terrible in 4's because internal and elemental damage cannot be mitigated. Internal and elemental ignores armor as well, so any dcd that boosts armor rating is useless to them.The dcds of both those classes don't make up for the raw damage output of a leth-pyro team. For mit to be worthwhile, it needs to put the tank in a position it doesn't have to worry as much about damage output because it can survive a tank tunnel strat. The only tank that has a chance of accomplishing that right now is pt tank. Every other tank is nonviable.

They'd have to fundamentally change the damage types in this game to make internal/elemental damage mitigatable. And that would completely screw up PvE.

They'd have to fundamentally change the damage types in this game to make internal/elemental damage mitigatable. And that would completely screw up PvE.

All they would need to do is add a tank stat that addressed internal damage, nothing about PvE would need to change. If need be could make that stat only apply in PvP.

I have several things I wrote up as rough drafts I haven't finished yet.

But I like the idea.

Figure I will share too.

Introducing the TDM playlist.

Sealed Ancient Hypergate - But the pylons are permantly capped for both teams and everything is locked except the middle, the gates open in the middle for the first time ever, allowing both teams to duke it out directly face to face. Instead of orbs we'll have damage buffs.

Potential redesign to support all types of playstyles is adding a semi big pillar on both sides coming straight out of spawn.

Hazardous Quesh Huttball - This time with a significant change and twist. The bottom floor has been growing increasingly toxic over the years and is not inaccessible as it'll mean certain death. After years of abuse by ranged the middle pipe has collasped adding another way for melee to get up. The removal of leap in spawn areas is also removed as there is no longer scores based on objectives. The map needs to be accessible all over for a TDM style.

Wartorn Alderaan Civil War - War torn over the years, the middle turret has been destroyed, leaving debris and open area to fight, it's also made a much more deadly wall on both sides as it's been bombed, making both side nodes inaccessible but capped for both teams. Leaving the center only for all of the action, while it takes considerable redesign this is certain to surprise.

Yavin Jungle (before we found civil war ruins, literally new map) - In the jungle hunting down resources, we run into a war torn area with constant fighting and only trees to break vision, with some trees broken down across the map allowing to be climbed and used as vantage points, including big enough trees that have fallen to use as walls.

Breached Voidstar - Instead of just blowing up the ship we've decided to take over the ship by force. We'll now be on the commanding floor both teams being able to directly see each other out of spawn, with plenty of fallen and destroyed structures like hanging lights about to flicker out. Powercores and monitors to stand behind to break vision nothing too crazy as the vantage point of map, the middle can see nearly everything. (Since this is a new map, the design will be hit or miss, working on it as it goes will make it significantly better.)

Wartorn odessan proving grounds - With significant bombing the northern most node has been destroyed, fallen off into the chasm, rails destroyed leaving it inaccessible, while both left and right nodes in dissary becoming inaccessible as the doors are blocked off by debris. With now the middle and south node only available and the mound pulverized to make it accessible up or down, giving good access for all to either node. The once semi hallway wall between them destroyed, making it a slightly more open area, ramps still barely standing made as a long ramp up and sitting way lower.

Bombed novare coast - After the years of costant fighting only the middle node remains, increasing its importance we must secure it. (not actually cappable, other nodes cutoff by debris) The cannon that once was used in middle is now in dissary and broken apart, creating some extra line of sight in middle and another way up to the medpac.

The pit - Unchanged and upkept by the hutts, the rules have been changed. The traps have been disabled. The ball has turned into something new, different than the likes we've seen before. The new objective here is to hold the ball for increased points per kill, while remaining a TDM the ball won't be completely required for a victory as it will still be point based and kill based, not time based like 'hot potato' style. The destruction of the user holding it will no longer happen, a very minor hinderance will be applied removing their ability to gain movespeed but also inability to lose movespeed. (Think permant medium/slow hydraulics.)

Vandin huttball - Unchanged and managed well, with the success of TDM in the pit it was brought over to vandin as well, walling off the side ramps and ability to knock people off the map as the hutts do not want to see cheese kills, only mayhem. The traps have been disabled.

This concludes TDM playlist for now, queue up today!

Objective Queue for old way.

Arena queue (arenas finally moved to its own queue.)

(Ranked queue remaining Group/Solo ranked)

Seasonal mode? Coming soon.

Ideas - Ranked 8v8 like we had back in the day, instead with a twist of "Solo ranked" style. This would up participation and inclusivity of all players. This would also give players an alternative mode to farm for tokens or potentially rankings for this seasonal gamemode (meaning preferrably only here in for a bit in summer to further increase hype and participation.)

Class stacking - we've been heard. With the resolve changes we will be adding in lockouts on how soon you can be affected by something. For an example if you were netted too soon from last time you won't be affected by the CC part, this sort of increases the awareness players need and importance of their controlling abilities. This will not go into effect for everything but rather some serious offenders when class stacking happens. The list will be Predation, Electro net, and force crush. Other abilities may be added as it will be monitored.

Resolve system is changing, constantly being rooted, slowed and stunned will changed. You will no longer be rooted for more than 3 seconds as all roots have been reduced to 3 seconds at max. Slows will no longer go past 50% to allow you to still have control over your character when heavily targetted. When stunned the resolve bar will start working differently, while a lot the same. While we won't add roots and slows to the resolve, we will give you more control over your resolve bar. Often times you may have a full resolve bar after death, or be unable to really move after having a full resolve bar. With nerfs to slows this will feel better, but with the new resolve bar, it'll only activate in combat so if you die while obtaining it you'll have it next combat. Along with that, the duration of it you will be immune to roots and slows included. However, the duration of whitebar will not change and neither will the requirements for filling it. If this ends up being too strong it will be continued to be tuned.

Defense chance rework for PvP - Accuracy and RNG isn't fun!

Will be definitely monitored as this will allow classes plagued with misses won't be doing so much anymore.

Defense chance adds a huge element of RNG for PvP and if it had impacted yellow damage from the start the amount of complaints about it would have been through the roof. Melee have dealt with it forever, sacrificing stats for accuracy to try to counteract it only for tanks to gain a -5% accuracy debuff making accuracy further needed but also less valuable as a stat. It’s a really rough situation for any white damage in PvP without some sort of accuracy buff like sniper or slinger.

So if defense chance would work differently in PvP basically turning it into a scaling DR stat while remaining the same as it was for PvE. This would help with multiple different things all at once, the biggest one would be tanks and the plague that is skank tanks. This would give tanks the ability to build a stat that will actually help them be a tank, while also removing majority RNG from PvP. If Sweeping Slash and Lacerate didn’t miss then Flame sweep wouldn’t have such an advantage in the trauma applying department. It’d also up their viability in cleave situations, while again giving a stat to make them actually tanky.

You could then give a certain stat point to reach as a tank to guard someone, so you’d nearly immediately eliminate the full dps gear tank. I do think alacrity and critical are okay things to build as a tank, more so alacrity but it could be as simple as swapping mods to defense chance to balance it out more.

This would also just help white damage dealers as a whole specifically as they’ve always gotten the short end of the stick. This would also mean different defensives that have fallen off and started showing their age as expansions and health goes up would immediately become good again. They’re also 2-3minute cooldowns, rather long to be worse than power yield which is 30 seconds and 1minute cooldown for pyrotech at the moment. These are Saber ward and Deflection, if defense chance is swapped to scaling DR they’d gain flat DR while it’s active. Obviously, the scaling wouldn’t be 1:1 for DR stat wise but it’d still be a considerable amount of DR to help with survival. I do think these defensives need help if this didn’t happen because they’re not that great most damage is yellow now.

And yes I mean all defense chances gained in PvP be converted to DR for PvP interactions, like sonic defense, predation, furious strike defense chance, chaff flare and more. This would simplify defensives as a whole and defense stats for PvP to make generally more sense as a whole for all.

This of course would make accuracy again no longer a needed thing and make no difference between yellow and white damage. Accuracy debuffs, however, cause a lot of issues and won’t be so painful to deal with if defense chance is gone as a whole.

The weight/RNG system for map type has been flawed for a long time, introducing a new vote for the map you want to play, the queue will now look at what everyones queued for and grab selected players accordingly, there will be a 3 map selection of most voted maps of the pool to keep matches going quickly, the players in queue will see these maps and a % based pie chart spin will happen based off of how many people voted for each. Allowing diversity in maps but also a good chance for what you want.

This has only been applied to 8v8s.

Lastly, this ties in with the matchmaking rework for 8v8s and other system updates for other modes also. The game will now heavily prioritize groups fighting other groups, seeing increased queue wait at times but to ensure a better match making experience for all. Support roles are revalued and put against each other at all times, decreasing the limit of tanks allowed into the match to 1. (Excluding full group matches.)

I have several things I wrote up as rough drafts I haven't finished yet.

But I like the idea.

Figure I will share too.

Introducing the TDM playlist.

Sealed Ancient Hypergate - But the pylons are permantly capped for both teams and everything is locked except the middle, the gates open in the middle for the first time ever, allowing both teams to duke it out directly face to face. Instead of orbs we'll have damage buffs.

Potential redesign to support all types of playstyles is adding a semi big pillar on both sides coming straight out of spawn.

Hazardous Quesh Huttball - This time with a significant change and twist. The bottom floor has been growing increasingly toxic over the years and is not inaccessible as it'll mean certain death. After years of abuse by ranged the middle pipe has collasped adding another way for melee to get up. The removal of leap in spawn areas is also removed as there is no longer scores based on objectives. The map needs to be accessible all over for a TDM style.

Wartorn Alderaan Civil War - War torn over the years, the middle turret has been destroyed, leaving debris and open area to fight, it's also made a much more deadly wall on both sides as it's been bombed, making both side nodes inaccessible but capped for both teams. Leaving the center only for all of the action, while it takes considerable redesign this is certain to surprise.

Yavin Jungle (before we found civil war ruins, literally new map) - In the jungle hunting down resources, we run into a war torn area with constant fighting and only trees to break vision, with some trees broken down across the map allowing to be climbed and used as vantage points, including big enough trees that have fallen to use as walls.

Breached Voidstar - Instead of just blowing up the ship we've decided to take over the ship by force. We'll now be on the commanding floor both teams being able to directly see each other out of spawn, with plenty of fallen and destroyed structures like hanging lights about to flicker out. Powercores and monitors to stand behind to break vision nothing too crazy as the vantage point of map, the middle can see nearly everything. (Since this is a new map, the design will be hit or miss, working on it as it goes will make it significantly better.)

Wartorn odessan proving grounds - With significant bombing the northern most node has been destroyed, fallen off into the chasm, rails destroyed leaving it inaccessible, while both left and right nodes in dissary becoming inaccessible as the doors are blocked off by debris. With now the middle and south node only available and the mound pulverized to make it accessible up or down, giving good access for all to either node. The once semi hallway wall between them destroyed, making it a slightly more open area, ramps still barely standing made as a long ramp up and sitting way lower.

Bombed novare coast - After the years of costant fighting only the middle node remains, increasing its importance we must secure it. (not actually cappable, other nodes cutoff by debris) The cannon that once was used in middle is now in dissary and broken apart, creating some extra line of sight in middle and another way up to the medpac.

The pit - Unchanged and upkept by the hutts, the rules have been changed. The traps have been disabled. The ball has turned into something new, different than the likes we've seen before. The new objective here is to hold the ball for increased points per kill, while remaining a TDM the ball won't be completely required for a victory as it will still be point based and kill based, not time based like 'hot potato' style. The destruction of the user holding it will no longer happen, a very minor hinderance will be applied removing their ability to gain movespeed but also inability to lose movespeed. (Think permant medium/slow hydraulics.)

Vandin huttball - Unchanged and managed well, with the success of TDM in the pit it was brought over to vandin as well, walling off the side ramps and ability to knock people off the map as the hutts do not want to see cheese kills, only mayhem. The traps have been disabled.

This concludes TDM playlist for now, queue up today!

Objective Queue for old way.

Arena queue (arenas finally moved to its own queue.)

(Ranked queue remaining Group/Solo ranked)

Seasonal mode? Coming soon.

Ideas - Ranked 8v8 like we had back in the day, instead with a twist of "Solo ranked" style. This would up participation and inclusivity of all players. This would also give players an alternative mode to farm for tokens or potentially rankings for this seasonal gamemode (meaning preferrably only here in for a bit in summer to further increase hype and participation.)

Class stacking - we've been heard. With the resolve changes we will be adding in lockouts on how soon you can be affected by something. For an example if you were netted too soon from last time you won't be affected by the CC part, this sort of increases the awareness players need and importance of their controlling abilities. This will not go into effect for everything but rather some serious offenders when class stacking happens. The list will be Predation, Electro net, and force crush. Other abilities may be added as it will be monitored.

Resolve system is changing, constantly being rooted, slowed and stunned will changed. You will no longer be rooted for more than 3 seconds as all roots have been reduced to 3 seconds at max. Slows will no longer go past 50% to allow you to still have control over your character when heavily targetted. When stunned the resolve bar will start working differently, while a lot the same. While we won't add roots and slows to the resolve, we will give you more control over your resolve bar. Often times you may have a full resolve bar after death, or be unable to really move after having a full resolve bar. With nerfs to slows this will feel better, but with the new resolve bar, it'll only activate in combat so if you die while obtaining it you'll have it next combat. Along with that, the duration of it you will be immune to roots and slows included. However, the duration of whitebar will not change and neither will the requirements for filling it. If this ends up being too strong it will be continued to be tuned.

Defense chance rework for PvP - Accuracy and RNG isn't fun!

Will be definitely monitored as this will allow classes plagued with misses won't be doing so much anymore.

Defense chance adds a huge element of RNG for PvP and if it had impacted yellow damage from the start the amount of complaints about it would have been through the roof. Melee have dealt with it forever, sacrificing stats for accuracy to try to counteract it only for tanks to gain a -5% accuracy debuff making accuracy further needed but also less valuable as a stat. It’s a really rough situation for any white damage in PvP without some sort of accuracy buff like sniper or slinger.

So if defense chance would work differently in PvP basically turning it into a scaling DR stat while remaining the same as it was for PvE. This would help with multiple different things all at once, the biggest one would be tanks and the plague that is skank tanks. This would give tanks the ability to build a stat that will actually help them be a tank, while also removing majority RNG from PvP. If Sweeping Slash and Lacerate didn’t miss then Flame sweep wouldn’t have such an advantage in the trauma applying department. It’d also up their viability in cleave situations, while again giving a stat to make them actually tanky.

You could then give a certain stat point to reach as a tank to guard someone, so you’d nearly immediately eliminate the full dps gear tank. I do think alacrity and critical are okay things to build as a tank, more so alacrity but it could be as simple as swapping mods to defense chance to balance it out more.

This would also just help white damage dealers as a whole specifically as they’ve always gotten the short end of the stick. This would also mean different defensives that have fallen off and started showing their age as expansions and health goes up would immediately become good again. They’re also 2-3minute cooldowns, rather long to be worse than power yield which is 30 seconds and 1minute cooldown for pyrotech at the moment. These are Saber ward and Deflection, if defense chance is swapped to scaling DR they’d gain flat DR while it’s active. Obviously, the scaling wouldn’t be 1:1 for DR stat wise but it’d still be a considerable amount of DR to help with survival. I do think these defensives need help if this didn’t happen because they’re not that great most damage is yellow now.

And yes I mean all defense chances gained in PvP be converted to DR for PvP interactions, like sonic defense, predation, furious strike defense chance, chaff flare and more. This would simplify defensives as a whole and defense stats for PvP to make generally more sense as a whole for all.

This of course would make accuracy again no longer a needed thing and make no difference between yellow and white damage. Accuracy debuffs, however, cause a lot of issues and won’t be so painful to deal with if defense chance is gone as a whole.

The weight/RNG system for map type has been flawed for a long time, introducing a new vote for the map you want to play, the queue will now look at what everyones queued for and grab selected players accordingly, there will be a 3 map selection of most voted maps of the pool to keep matches going quickly, the players in queue will see these maps and a % based pie chart spin will happen based off of how many people voted for each. Allowing diversity in maps but also a good chance for what you want.

This has only been applied to 8v8s.

Lastly, this ties in with the matchmaking rework for 8v8s and other system updates for other modes also. The game will now heavily prioritize groups fighting other groups, seeing increased queue wait at times but to ensure a better match making experience for all. Support roles are revalued and put against each other at all times, decreasing the limit of tanks allowed into the match to 1. (Excluding full group matches.)

The map selection is something we need to see in 7.2. It was promissed earlier and for some reason not delivered.

But I also like your idea of having rotating seasons.

You seem to have alot of opinions for a dude who just complains on the forums then stands around on the fleet complaining in gen chat whilst solo queueing reggies. :rak_03:

Really? I look at the entire situation much different. I see a dead pvp community, with very few now posting on the forums. It used to be vibrant.

I see people like, yourself, with not really a clue what u talking about, expressing a ridiculous opinion.

I don't complain about you all, I get frustrated with you all. Not because you all are A Holes, but because you could be so much better than you think you are.

Think what you want about me. I have tried to help you all for a long time now and have been met with nothing but negativity.

Your opinion is incorrect. I am actually a huge supporter of this game and pvp.....

Just don't want to see people like you destroy it, with comments like u just made. You are doing a good job of it though!

EDIT: pretty soon it just prwicks like yourself playing, we almost there. Exactly why I said what i had to say. :rak_03:

Edited by Nickodemous

• 2 weeks later...

The real list of changes are obvious.

The core game on a fundamental level in pvp is actually good. What it needs is refinement to bring it on par with 2022 offerings. Here's the wishlist even if some are never going to happen.

Bug fixes all the little bugs abilities not working sometimes. Insta death bugs. Movement bugs. Fixes for them.

Performance optimization. We all know the game isn't smooth to play. With random frame drops, lag, desync. Regardless of computer specs.

Matchmaking Improvements. This kills 50 percent of games before they are even played. There should be at the minimum three pvp brackets at max level for all game modes. No one will say they don't want a balanced match.

Class Balance. Quiet frankly we need classes to stop being able to do everything better than everything else. Maras being the best stealth class when they should be a front line fighter. Juggs being squishy when they should be walking tanks. Lots of other examples. Classes feel to sameish. That means only number output matters.

Guard Mechanic. Needs to be reworked in some way shape or form. It alone causes games to be less enjoyable. Many people have different suggestions choose one. I'm in favor of it having a cool down around 45 seconds for swaping. Thus making it have to be use more strategically and less omg taking damage need guard now every gcd. Making it more of a DCD ability.

Edited by TmoneyTime