Heroic Mission Gear By Level, Rating, and Type (for 4.0)

Fyresygn

I couldn't find this information anywhere that was easily and quickly accessible, so I am compiling it here in case it helps other people. Below is a list of the gear you get from lockboxes after completing [HEROIC +2] missions on various planets. It lists the name of the gear and spec, and the level breaks for getting gear with higher armor rating and stats.

Class Name and Spec for Gear

Juggernaut/Guardian: Pummeler (dps); Bulwark (tank)

Marauder/Sentinel: Pummeler (dps)

Assassin/Shadow: Force-Lord (dps); Duelist (tank)

Sorcerer/Sage: Force-Lord (dps, heal)

Operative/Scoundrel: Targeter (dps); Mender (heal)

Sniper/Gunslinger: Targeter (dps)

Powertech/Vanguard: Boltblaster (dps); Demolisher (tank)

Mercenary/Commando: Boltblaster (dps); Med-Tech (heal)

Level Breaks for New Gear

06-16: Requisitioned, rating 46 gear

17-20: Tarnished, rating 54 gear

21-24: Aftermarket, rating 62 gear

25-28: Carbon-Scored, rating 72 gear

29-32: Decorated, rating 80 gear

33-36: Battle-Scarred, rating 88 gear

37-38: Toxic, rating 92 gear

39-41: Thermal, rating 98 gear

42-44: Unleashed, rating 104 gear

45-47: Visionary, rating 110 gear

48-49: Corellian, rating 124 gear

50-50: Crystalline, rating 132 gear

51-54: Fractured, rating 148 gear

55-60: Yavin, rating 178 gear

61-65: Ancient Artifacts and Data Crystals (currency for Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion)

Useful website with gear reward lists: https://torcommunity.com/guides/heroic-missions/heroic-mission-rewards

Good info, thanks for posting.

Interesting that the gear isn't really much, if any, better than the green vendor mods at same level range.

Agreed. I think it just gives people leveling up some gear options--blue lockbox gear from heroic missions, or using Data Crystals for mods/enhancements, etc. from fleet vendors. It's all about the same power levels.

I try to collect sets of the lockbox gear, though, for cosmetic reasons. There's some pretty cool looking stuff in those sets.

What do I do with the Ancient Artifacts lockboxes?

They are for KotFE. You'll know when you get there. Don't dump them.

And to all you F2P/Prefs, bummer that you can't get any of this gear. I don't know if that was a BW "oops", or if they deliberately wanted to further cripple F2P (actually, it is easy to do class stories in F2P now, even with this lockout).

Hmm, now I'm curious. When I go Pref, I'll still have access to Chap 1-9 of KOTFE. But I don't know if I'll be able to collect the lockboxes. I'll find out soon.

Edited by DocDAM

• 4 months later...

Level Breaks for New Gear

06-16: Requisitioned, rating 46 gear

17-20: Tarnished, rating 54 gear

21-24: Aftermarket, rating 62 gear

25-28: Carbon-Scored, rating 72 gear

29-32: Decorated, rating 80 gear

33-36: Battle-Scarred, rating 88 gear

37-38: Toxic, rating 92 gear

39-41: Thermal, rating 98 gear

42-44: Unleashed, rating 104 gear

45-47: Visionary, rating 110 gear

48-49: Corellian, rating 124 gear

50-50: Crystalline, rating 132 gear

51-54: Fractured, rating 148 gear

55-60: Yavin, rating 178 gear

61-65: Ancient Artifacts and Data Crystals (currency for Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion)

Very handy info!

They are for KotFE. You'll know when you get there. Don't dump them.

And to all you F2P/Prefs, bummer that you can't get any of this gear. I don't know if that was a BW "oops", or if they deliberately wanted to further cripple F2P (actually, it is easy to do class stories in F2P now, even with this lockout).

Hmm, now I'm curious. When I go Pref, I'll still have access to Chap 1-9 of KOTFE. But I don't know if I'll be able to collect the lockboxes. I'll find out soon.

Yes, you can. A friend of mine when preferred and she still gets the lockboxes and able to turn them in since she has KOTFE up to the time she went preferred.

Nice to actually see all this info in 1 place, I do wonder though if you wanted a specific set, the level range is rather small, especially given the randomness of the gear crates (half the time you can get 2 and 3 of some pieces but then never get the chest or the head). Edited by Jedi_riches

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know if these level requirements have changed? I just started playing after a break and seem to be jumping or missing some of the gear thresholds.

Ex. I have a level 31 commando that still has After market gear, no Carbon-scored nor Decorated equipped.

Yes I have been running Heroics, up through Tatooine, or do I need to try doing higher level planets?

OP Thank you for this post, it is very helpful.

Edited by kcirevamnalyd

• 3 years later...
Hello

I would like to know if there is the same system with the [heroics+4] missions ? thank you

The gear rewards from the actual mission are often scaled to the level of the planet, though that applies mostly for story missions and not Heroics. However, loot drops from the mobs/bosses in missions are scaled to the player level. The list is obviously outdated, but I think the names are roughly the same.