Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Kypp
12.13.2011 , 09:56 AM | #1461
Aug 11 and didn't make first 2 waves

Leovinus
12.13.2011 , 09:56 AM | #1462
Quote: Originally Posted by KNGR View Post
People who ordered in December will get in on Wave 213

Currently we're on Wave 2
It's like a smaller version of the local DMV.

Kitty_Whoopass
12.13.2011 , 09:56 AM | #1463
Also, for everyone asking for an estimated date range they gave you one. Sometime between today and the 19th. And yes it's too much to ask to be more specific.

If they told you they guessed you would get in tomorrow and you went off to work or school and then they were ahead of schedule and sent you your email while you were away you'd be pissed they misled you.

The only way for them to get you in as fast as possible is to just do it as fast as possible. There's no way for them to predict what unforseen issues might come up on the production servers.

Silvermyth
12.13.2011 , 09:56 AM | #1464
Quote: Originally Posted by blinkster View Post
i wonder how many people posting on this thread are fat ugly man children...
I'm one

Zarthorn
12.13.2011 , 09:56 AM | #1465
Quote: Originally Posted by BKatt View Post
Is it possible we can divide the whiney ragekids on a special "kiddie" range server(s). And servers for those of us who have learned the art of patience, and dont expect anything is given.

Aka Whiney nerdraging kids servers and grown-up servers.
At this point of time, some of "us" you are probably tiling with that ragekid or "kiddie" brush are actually people that went and shirked out 5+ of our hard earned on the pre-order while being informed by the retailer "it's to secure your early access time" only to find we may not even get in until the 19th because of how slowly this whole thing is going.

Bioware 1mil + people, as Vinnie Jones would say...."Pull your socks up!"

MarcoGouveia
12.13.2011 , 09:56 AM | #1466
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
For Christ's sake, just give people a estimated date range. Hell, I'd at least like to know what the scheduled rate of invites was projected to be. If I pre-ordered in the first 10 days do have a projected chance of getting in today or only 1st day redeemers?

Seriously, I don't need an exact time. People would like to know if they are, in fact, wasting their day looking for an invite that you suspect will not come today. It's like you're being ***** about this for the sake of being *****. What's the worst that can happen. You give your estimate and exceed it? People playing now (including my wife) are talking about how empty the servers are. Why are the testing the server load now? That's what the weekends were for.

What are you going to do on launch when 300K people show up at once? You don't really think all your subscriptions are gonna be pre-orders, do you?
its a freaking joke, they really need to give us date estimate been here for4 hours already.

valkour
12.13.2011 , 09:56 AM | #1467
OMG , I remember hearing about this game years ago and thinking it will never make it outt the gate, but ITS HAPPENING !!

Zurkiba
12.13.2011 , 09:56 AM | #1468
Attention people who claim the "early access is a perk, a gift, a benefit, that isn't required and was never promised!"

I know for a FACT that a lot of people pre-ordered for early access.

I know for a FACT that pre-orders are instrumental to the video game industry because it allows the developers to ascertain how many to make and how many to accommodate for.

And I know for a FACT that employees and automated systems can fail. I work for GameStop and the employee had to manually put in a sku code for a pre-order code to print. If you pre-ordered with some newbie employee then I guarantee you didn't get your code.

It's absolutely absurd to release an early access this way.

I'm not angry because I'm not playing. I'm angry because my friends and guild mates are and they're going to be in different zones then I when I start to play.

As far as I'm concerned, I PAID for my early access when I pre-ordered it.

Early access isn't a gift or something that wasn't promised--it's the opposite. Early Access was a marketing tool to promote sales. Early Access was an advertisement.
The Crimson Inquisition
No one expects the Crimson Inquisition

Slizzo
12.13.2011 , 09:56 AM | #1469
I got my email, but I can't play until I'm back home from work.
Intel Core i5 2500k on Asus P8Z68-V Pro
G.Skill F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL 4x4GB
PNY GTX470 & EVGA GTX470 (SLI) @ 800/1600/1900 @ 1.087v
Klipsch Promedia 5.1 ULTRA on X-Fi XtremeGamer

HyperHypo
12.13.2011 , 09:56 AM | #1470
wave 3 is taking forever, maybe they are just going to let us all in to join our brethren.
My Day 1 Early Access Epic Clicking Journey:
http://youtu.be/dJDgKN742WA
-Hype